February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Wash Away This Disguise, Alec Aldana
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 03:39 PM
Stranger
Ry

Main street was, decidedly, the area of Lochland that catered to the businessmen and women. Theo felt comfortable among the professional feel of the shops and cafes that cluttered the streets just waiting for well-off patrons to indulge in the variety of high-end services and wares. The day was still young and the Dane was in no rush to return to the comfort of his home despite the chill in the air. Hm. No, he had enjoyed most of a hot tea and was still clinging to the warmth of the Styrofoam cup between his hands as he languidly strolled past the storefronts while keeping his murky green gaze on nothing in particular.

If he were being honest, his stroll down Main Street was not without motive and though he would be reluctant to admit it, he was half hoping that he would see Rhys while he was in the vicinity. He had done extensive research on the man who looked like him and had found… hm, so many things. The man was something of a prodigy according to various internet searches but there were other things too. Underneath the mountainous information on his achievements and contributions were more private matters that Theo had no issue cracking open to harvest the juicy secrets. Nothing was sacred when he had a target in mind.

Still, Rhys baffled him for the simple fact that they looked so much alike and their massive coincidence that their birthdays matched. What were the odds of that? Hm. No, just reading about him hadn't been enough and he wanted a glimpse of this man, just a peek and he would leave it alone. Main Street was the perfect place for that since the other owned a shop there and his listed residence was a matching address. What Theo hadn't been counting on was catching sight of Alec Aldana.

Theo had done a bit of digging on Alec too and that was… hm. It had been shocking, to say the very least and even the memory of some of the pictures he'd seen was enough to make his cheeks flush with pink as he pulled his hood up and hoped that he hadn't been spotted by the other. Not that he had anything against the former model, but his presence threw way too many uncertainties into Theo's plan of stealthy anonymity.

[[Outfit]]

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 04:48 PM
Townie
Jen

Alec liked sex. Obviously. It’s the best thing in life. If you aren’t having sex like, right now, what are you even doing? But there comes a point where you’re so experience you need to try new things to keep it fresh. It’s not like Alec had trouble getting riled up, but after reading about how going abstinent for a while makes sex feel really fucking good once you start having it again, he decided he could go without sex for a while if it meant he’d have a mind-blowing orgasm for it.

Predictably, it was hell. Literal hell. His dick was so actively looking for action that he actually found a guy wearing crocs to be attractive... Crocs.

His last partner was a hot young magician with deft fingers and a tight ass and a fucking perfect co- okay, he had to stop thinking about it or else he was going to get all riled up in the middle of main street, but anyway, he kept reliving that moment in his head to get through his sexless nights… Well, maybe he did get a hand job here and there in the past few weeks…and there may have been a blowjob or two… But he hadn’t actually had penetrative sex so he was technically still abstinent, right? Right.

To make matters worse, people were animals! Alec knew he was hot, but he never realized just how often he got propositioned until he had to start saying ‘no’ all the time. They were just coming at him from left and right like he was some kind of dick and pussy whisperer. It was hard to resist since so many of them happened to be up to Alec’s standards, but he managed to be strong and not go past 3rd base.

It helped that he at least had some distractions with school and work and housesitting for Rhys. He’d agreed to keep the man’s bat fed in exchange for some fancy french wine and cheeses. The place also served as a good study area as it was nice and quiet and devoid of any people trying to get a piece of Alec, so he made sure he told Rhys the place would be used as such until he came back.

He was on his way to the antique shop with some Chinese takeout in hand when he saw…something he definitely shouldn’t be seeing, or rather, someone. Alec was pretty sure he wasn’t high, so the man down the street was definitely Rhys, despite the other’s attempt as hiding his face with a hoodie.

Alec’s sunglasses and hat were meant to disguise his beauty as well as the non-name brand clothing he wore, which was practically burning his skin, but it turns out that it wasn’t enough to keep people’s eyes off him and make him unrecognizable, so he was still recognizable as he walked over to Rhys.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in France?” He asked, brows furrowed as he approached the other before taking his glasses off briefly so Theo could look at his face. “It’s me, by the way,” he added as if his disguise were too effective before putting the glasses back on. “Did your plans get canceled? Just so we’re clear, if they are, I’m still gonna study at your place every day,” he snorted.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:40 PM
Stranger
Ry

Theo didn't dislike sex, but he wasn't driven by or for it either. It was just another thing that made a small amount of logical sense but in practice wasn't something he craved. Contrarily, his interest in it was nearly non-existent in almost all situations. He'd felt attraction to Brice before… hm. Well, he didn't still feel that way and hadn't found anyone else to feel that way about since then either, but he also wasn't looking.

If Alec was impressed with his ability to 'go without' over the past few weeks, he likely would have stared in utter disbelief to know that it had been months since the Dane had been intimate and even then it had been with the only partner he had ever been with. Granted, he wasn't going to be sharing any of that information with Alec and had been hoping to sneak away undetected and that was looking particularly unlikely as Alec was drawing nearer.

Attempting to shrink further into the shadow of his hood hadn't helped but short of blatantly sprinting away from his doppelganger's alleged best friend. "Aren't you supposed to be in France?" For a fraction of a second his brows knitted together before he concluded that this was nearly perfect. "It's me, by the way." Alec always had plenty to say and Theo normally wouldn't have interrupted until he had made his several points but he couldn't resist this time. "I'm surprised you would think I couldn't recognize my own self-proclaimed best friend." Ah sarcasm.

"Did your plans get canceled? Just so we're clear, if they are, I'm still gonna study at your place every day." "You should just move in, it would be far easier." There was that sarcastic side rearing about once more and Theo was making a mental note that he should be a bit more guarded with those sentiments. What would Rhys have to say if he returned from his France trip to find a new housemate?

Pushing his glasses higher onto his nose, the Dane forced a sigh. "Nåde. You will have to forgive me, I seem to be a bit frustrated as I have misplaced my keys." A perfect cover, it would work to dispel any suspicion that his sarcasm might have caused and explain why he wasn't going to Rhys' abode. Hm. Or was he? Would Alec let him in without question? Just think of what he could potentially uncover from the other's personal effects.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:32 PM
Townie
Jen

“Look, I’m trying to go unnoticed right now,” he sighed before gesturing at his own face, “but it’s hard to hide all of this.” Even sunglasses couldn’t hide his smooth complexion and perfectly trimmed facial hair. He realized Rhys was being sarcastic, as the guy usually was though he seemed a bit more forward today, but he was genuinely frustrated at his lack of action and inability to keep other people’s hands away.

“Everyone just stares at me like I’m a piece of high-quality meat. Exhibit A,” he scoffed as an older gentleman walked past them and unashamedly looked at him up and down. Alec almost looked annoyed except he smiled and took his glasses off to wink at him. “Not today, hot stuff,” he told the stranger as he’d opened his mouth to speak, all but shooing the man away as he turned back to his supposed best friend. He tried not to think about how that man probably could have bought him a new watch.

"You should just move in, it would be far easier." “Yeah, I’m sure you’d love living with Shelly,” he snorted though Shelly would definitely love a bigger space to live in and a bat to bark at. He shifted his takeout bag from one hand to another as he listened to Rhys explain that he’d lost his keys. “Lucky running into me then. I was just about to go feed Rae. If you’d texted to tell me I would have gotten you some food too,” he commented, gesturing at the bag of takeout in his hand and nodding his head towards the path to the antique shop so Rhys would follow as he took the lead like he were going to his own home.

It practically was his second library at this point. He’d gotten a bit careless and left some of his things lying around in Rhys’ otherwise pristine home. Not much, but since he’d been studying there so much he’d left some textbooks and hardcopies of his work on a desk. “I’ll admit there’s a bit of a mess,” by Rhys’ standards anyway, “but I swear I was planning on cleaning up.” He would have too if Rhys had just told him about the missing keys.

“Why did you come back though? I’m sure it could have waited until after the trip.” What could be so urgent that Rhys just dropped all his business deals to go get something from home. “…And where are your bags? And my gifts?” By gifts he of course mean the exact brands of wine and cheese he’d asked for. He’d only been joking when he’d asked Rhys for Cachaça yet the man still brought it, so why wouldn’t he bring what Alec asked for this time?
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:41 PM
Stranger
Ry

Alec certainly had a high opinion of himself. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing but an ego could be a dangerous thing to have sometimes too. Modesty was important but whether or not Alec had any of that was hardly a concern of his so he didn't bother to say anything on the matter and decided to be helpful instead. "Might I suggest a ski mask?" There, a simple and effective solution to his problem of being too attractive. "Or… hm. What is the name of that holiday?" It was a serious question, he couldn't recall the name as he never celebrated the tradition that was still in its first few years in his culture. "Slik eller ballade?" He blinked at Alec, expectant of a response only to realize that was not English. "Trick or Treat." He clarified.

Shelly, he was assuming, was a pet and Alec was correct to say that Theo, or Rhys rather, would not enjoy the company of a pet. Looks aside, Theo was finding that he and the Historian had a large number of similar qualities too. Hm. "I'm sure you would make it up to me." His tone was back to that typical flat state as he stared at his fake best friend, who had gone on to state how lucky it was that they had crossed paths and if he had texted he could have had food too.

He preferred home cooked food but saw no purpose in bringing that up and simply shrugged. "I wouldn't have wanted to impose. I was about to hire a locksmith so as not to disturb your routine." Which was exactly what he would have done if he had actually been locked out. Oddly enough, he could have done that to get into the apartment if that had been his intention upon coming here since he'd made a perfect copy of the other man's identification card. Forgery was a wonderful skill to have.

Alec took the lead and Theo followed suit towards the alleyway entrance that had been meticulously decorated to resemble an English garden. Hm. Rhys had good taste but he couldn't admire the scenery without blowing his cover so he kept his gaze straight ahead and listened as it was explained that there was a small mess. "…but I swear I was planning on cleaning up." Hm. "It's alright. You can tidy up once we're inside." Because he certainly wasn't going to clean up the other's chaos.

"Why did you come back though? I’m sure it could have waited until after the trip. …And where are your bags? And my gifts?" Inquisitive as ever, wasn't he? Luckily for the Dane, he was good at thinking on his feet. "I never made it. There was an issue with the airline and they seem to have misplaced my luggage." It wasn't really a lie. Theo had never made it to France and the problem with the airline was that he hadn't purchased a ticket but there was a reason he left all of that open-ended. Maybe there was a mix up with his connection and the flight delay had screwed everything up, who knew.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:02 AM
Townie
Jen

"Might I suggest a ski mask?" “Woah, let’s not resort to drastic measures.” It would be a crime to hide his face to that extent. He could hide his pride, but not his facial hair. “I’m walking with you now though, so if anyone asks, you’re my man,” he teased with a playful wink, finally taking his hat off and running his fingers to his hair to mess it up (in a stylish way, duh). No one was gonna mess with a taken man, would they? Rhys then went on to try to say trick or treat… The man spoke many languages but Alec had never heard anything other than English out of him unless he asked. He didn’t find it weird though, just…cute.

“Halloween?” He grinned. “I could pull off a pumpkin on my head, but I’m strongly against covering my cheekbones.” They were one of his greatest features. "I'm sure you would make it up to me." Now see, this was the perfect phrase to receive a sexual response, but he bit his tongue because this was Rhys, who owed him a bottle of wine and the best cheese ever. However, before Alec could get an answer on where his gifts were, Theo stated that he would have hired a locksmith.

“Hopefully not my guy,” he snorted, “I swear I didn’t know he was a former criminal.” Actually, he had known at some point, but once he’d sexed him up, what point was there in remembering useless facts like his job or what his face looked like. Rhys then said Alec would have to tidy up, which was said in a much calmer tone than the other had expected. The man was usually so uptight about that stuff, but he wasn’t about to complain about Rhys taking it easy. Hell, the man should do it more often.

"I never made it. There was an issue with the airline and they seem to have misplaced my luggage." So he just dropped everything and came back to Lochland? That made no sense to Alec. If it was a business trip, wouldn’t he just book the earliest possible flight. Of course, this thought was barely in his head for a second as what really had him concerned was that his fancy wine was sitting somewhere in the airport and probably being opened by some unappreciative TSA agents.

“Damn, you can just buy me wine some other time then.” What? Did Alec not deserve to get an expensive bottle of wine from France or otherwise? He damn well did.

As they reached the entrance through the alleyway, Alec unlocked the door and opened it for Rhys. The guy knew where he was going. It was his house after all, so he could turn the lights on and all that while Alec set his food down on the kitchen table.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 02:20 AM
Stranger
Ry

The suggestion of a ski mask was dismissed as drastic and Alec followed the comment up with the fact that since they were walking together it could be said that they were a couple. While he was nearly certain that the suggestion was meant playfully he felt the need to comment anyway. "Lying is a terrible habit, Alec." There were easier ways to avoid not discussing sensitive or private matters that he would prefer to use. Not that he thought they would need to tell anyone that they were or were not together in the short distance it would take to get to Rhys' apartment.

His cultural stumbling hadn't earned any suspicion from Alec and neither had his slip into Danish. Language was his biggest tell because the switch was almost always involuntary and happened when his emotions got ahead of his thoughts. In this instance, it stemmed from being excited to uncover the name he was searching for. "Halloween?" "Ja! Halloween!" A smile had made a brief appearance upon his lips as he recognized this as the correct name, there was a small influx in his voice as he'd spoken but for 'excitement' it was still rather bland.

A nod was given to the fact that Alec didn't like to cover his cheeks bones but Theo didn't say anything back, it was his choice but the suggestion had been offered. Covering his cheekbones was, apparently, an issue, while checking the history of a locksmith was not. Interesting set of priorities. "That is vague. Technically, getting a speeding ticket would make someone a criminal." He had seen it on enough background checks to know. "You should be more careful who you do business, Alec." Theo would recommend a thorough background check at the minimum.

If his excuse was questionable to the former model it wasn't stated and Theo was content to leave it at that and head inside once the door was unlocked and opened. "If it is wine you want, I'm sure that can be arranged."

The inside of the apartment was nearly pristine and he could easily tell, even in the dark, what had been left behind by Alec. The other shuffled past him, clearly familiar with the place, and Theo had to take quick stock of everything as he scanned for the light switches. They were found easily enough and flipped into the 'on' positions. Rhys was obviously very meticulous, Theo was too but not quite to this stringency and he could tell already that he had down-played Rhys' reaction to the mess. No matter. "Alec, would you mind feeding Rae, it is why you came over, after all. I need a moment." This way he could distract Alec, avoid pretending to know what needed to feed whatever Rae was, and try to figure out the lay of the land here.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 09:09 AM
Townie
Jen

"Lying is a terrible habit, Alec." That was about the same reaction Alec had expected even though he’d been joking. “I could just ask you out at any time and it wouldn’t technically be a lie,” he joked. Not that going on a date automatically make you exclusive. If that was the case, Alec would have a plethora of partners, but Rhys should get the point. Alec almost stopped dead in his tracts though as something happened that he hadn’t expected.

He’d seen Rhys smile one whole time and he was delirious from fever at the time. Rhys wasn’t currently sick as far as Alec could tell, so he got a smile back and furrowed brows from Alec. The other’s smile was adorable, but just because Alec had a strange urge to pinch the other’s cheeks didn’t mean it wasn’t still strange. He also had a thought that he would have loved to see Rhys smile more often, but that wasn’t happening, and asking someone to smile more was the douchiest of requests so he refrained from that.

"That is vague. Technically, getting a speeding ticket would make someone a criminal.” “Oh, he definitely did more than that.” Not that a former criminal necessarily deserved to be judged for their crimes forever, but that guy had an aura of ‘I don’t give a fuck.’ The man was probably just a bank robber as far as Alec knew, which made him hotter for some reason, but Rhys probably had reason to be concerned though considering all his valuables that was all in the past now.

At least Alec was still getting his wine some way or another, so he dropped all other concerns about Rhys being there from his mind and went ahead to set his takeout on the kitchen table while the other turned the lights on. “I just got one order, but if you want some we can share. They tend to serve a lot- ooh, free spring roll,” he commented, taking the food out of the bag and setting it out.

He would have dug in by now, but Rhys asked him to feed Rae anyway since it’s what he came here to do. “Alright,” he nodded, walking towards Rae’s cage and uncovering the blanket over it. With said blanket, he swaddled the bat and walked over to the kitchen with it, opening the fridge with his free hand and grabbing a few pieces of fruit before hitting the door closed with his hip.

“Don’t you wanna say hi?” He joked, knowing Rhys wasn't the type to be attached to his pets, not even wanting to name the thing, and walking over to Rhys and stretching out his hands full of bat and fruit. The bat looked up at the other with it’s huge, hellish eyes as it sunk its teeth into a piece of cantaloupe, eyes that had once freaked Alec the fuck out but he was now somewhat endeared by.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 01:21 AM
Stranger
Ry

Alec was an interesting character, to say the least, and persistence was a factor that he had been able to pick up on even if it wasn't terribly prominent. What he had noticed was that the bartender liked to make his connection to Rhys known even if, in some cases, he made it seem as if he were detached from it. It could be that the other was just like that with everyone and Theo had no means for comparison and either way it didn't really affect him. For example, he had suggested they say Rhys was 'his man' and pointed out he only had to ask to make it a truth. Theo shrugged. "Asking implies that I have a say in the matter, regrettably, I do not date casually." Hm. That was a true enough statement, he had dated once before but the relationship had been built up for some time before earning a title.

Theo made no further comment on the issue of the criminal locksmith. He was only mildly curious about what 'more than that' the man had done but he was sure it wouldn't top some of the charges he had seen in his line of work. It wasn't particularly relevant and Theo wasn't one to judge a criminal background. Hm. Okay, that was not true; but he refrained from judging unless it was excessively terrible.

Inside the house, Theo was trying to take quick stock of the place and gain some bearings because this was supposed to be his house and he should look familiar with the place. The Dane listened to Alec get excited about a spring roll that he, evidently, hadn't ordered and followed the statement by asking the other to feed the animal known as Rae and politely declining the offer for food, he was a relatively picky eater.

Keeping himself alert to the other's movements while he carried out the task, Theo moved about and cracked open a few doors to see what was behind them but had finished, for the most part, by the time Alec was approaching him with a swaddled creature. "Don't you wanna say hi?" The question was asked moments before a bundled bat was extended towards him and he blinked at the hungry creature. "What purpose would that serve?" Talking to animals was unproductive as far as he knew. "I do hope you plan on washing your hands after." He hadn't ever seen a bat up close but this thing was supposed to be his pet so he was trying, and succeeding (he thought), at not being overly intrigued or repulsed by the animal.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 06:40 PM
Townie
Jen

There Rhys went again, acting like pets didn’t have feelings… Okay, so Alec didn’t particularly give a shit what Rae thought, but still, most people got pets because they loved them right? Well, Rhys wasn’t most people. He only got him to help her recover until they found a place for her, so Alec wasn’t surprised that he refused to say ‘hi’ and simply chuckled, handing the bat another piece of fruit once she was done with her first one.

“I mean, you can’t just make her feel like a guest in her own house,” he teased, “and yeah I’m washing my hands, it’s not like you stressed it enough.” It may have sounded snarky, but at this point he hoped Rhys knew that he wasn’t being serious at all.

Once Rae had eaten gotten her fill of fruit, Alec decided to put her back in her cage since it didn’t seem like Rhys had any intentions of doing so. “So, are you gonna try to go to France or are you staying here?” He asked, covering the cage once she was safely inside and walking across the room into the bathroom, leaving the door open so he could talk to the other.

It almost seemed as if Alec was the real owner of the apartment with the way he comfortable moved around in the house while Rhys seemed kind of…stuck to one spot. Alec decided not to question it though. Maybe the other was too tired to try to clean up after Alec’s small messes (some papers here and there), but what really mattered was that he was starving and there was some hot food on the table.

He sat and opened up a container of beef lo mein after pulling the seat next to him out, assuming that Rhys would sit with him to chat at least. The man wasn’t so averse to talking to him anymore, or rather, he wasn’t so averse to listening to Alec talk.

“Oh, wait,” he said suddenly, turning around in his seat to pull out a large clear plastic bag of brownies out of his backpack, which he’d left hanging from the back of the chair. “Lara’s leaving the bakery for some reason, so she just gave me a bunch of these for like, half the price.” He didn’t really talk to the woman, but he bought edibles often enough for her to have practically shoved the leftover merchandise in his arms, and he was happy to take it.

Thing is, he often bought regular brownies too for Cece, so he wasn’t sure what exactly Lara gave him, but it’s not like she’d give her edibles, which she packed with a ridiculous amount of cannabutter, away for free right? Especially not in those dangerous bite-sized shapes. One would think a large brownie would get them higher, but people usually paced themselves with big treats, whereas they could go through an entire bag of small snacks in one sitting even if it amounted to a bigger size.

So, Alec carelessly concluded that they must be regular brownies. He opened the bag and set it on the middle of the table to share with Rhys before plucking one from it and popping it in his mouth. Hey, eating dessert before the main course was a totally valid experience.

“If you haven’t tried them by now, you should, they’re probably the last of them until some new person buys the bakery.” If they hadn’t already. Alec hadn’t gone back to check since he got the last of the edibles brownies.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 02:04 AM
Stranger
Ry

Pets were an interesting concept but not one that he had much experience with. Theo had never had any pets, unless the saltwater fish tank his father kept counted, and saw no point in getting one now. What was the point? Some would argue company, but how was that a solid reason when they couldn't communicate? He didn't understand it and hardly cared one way or the other at the time being except that Alec, seemingly, wanted him to show affection towards the bundled, bug eyes, beast. No, thanks. He was dismissive of greeting the animal in a polite way and reminded Alec that he should wash his hands after handling the thing. Alec responded with a hint of attitude that Theo merely blinked at.

When asked if he would be returning to France, Theo quickly decided that 'Rhys' returning to France would be a solid excuse so Alec would continue coming to feed the bat. "My flight has been rebooked for tomorrow." Of course, a businessman wouldn't simply abandon their agenda because the airlines messed up, and that line would polish things right up.

Speaking of polishing up, there were two reasons that he made no motion to clean up the areas of mess that were clearly Alec's. First, Alec was an adult and fully capable of cleaning up after himself. Second, Theo had no idea how Rhys liked his things and if Alec did then he needed to be the one to tidy up. Regardless, he wasn't going to force the issue and helped himself to the seat that Alec had pulled out for him, blinking at the other as he started ruffling through his backpack.

A clear bag of chocolate treats was proffered and set on the table as Alec explained how he had come to have the supposedly succulent treats. "If you haven't tried them by now, you should, they're probably the last of them until some new person buys the bakery." Theo made no move to try the brownie bites, his hands folded calmly in his lap as he listened to Alec ramble. "It would stand to reason that a new bakery owner would likely sell their own recipes. So, these would be the last of this particular recipe to come from the establishment." Not that it was terribly relevant but he felt he should contribute something to the conversation at that point.

His gaze shifted from Alec to the bag and then back again. In Denmark it was considered rude not to sample food brought to a dinner event but this wasn't an event and Alec hadn't even expected to see him, or who he thought he was. Still, he supposed he should be accommodating and carefully plucked one of the treats from the bag and ate it. "Tak." He said after finishing the bite. Sweets weren't something he had often but he didn't mind them on occasion. "Personally, I prefer licorice to chocolate, but they do have a certain appeal."

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 06:59 PM
Townie
Jen

"It would stand to reason that a new bakery owner would likely sell their own recipes. So, these would be the last of this particular recipe to come from the establishment." The hell did Alec know about owning a bakery or even baking? He assumed recipes just kinda came with the place. Then again, he doubted Plum Street Bakery was selling pot in their brownies until his savior moved to town in the shape of Lara and left just a few months later for unexplained reasons, so he didn’t argue Rhys’ point.

Alec would miss not having to buy drugs from sketchy people. Okay, he said he didn’t do drugs anymore, but of course he did. They kept him spunky.

"Personally, I prefer licorice to chocolate, but they do have a certain appeal." Alec didn’t go into a debate about that either because there was no arguing with a man who enjoyed the taste of plastic. He hated licorice on principal, so he refused to think any brand of it would be good, even if he’d only ever tried Twizzler.

After fuming in his hatred for licorice for a while, popping one brownie after another, he suddenly became fixated on the letters written on his takeout box. They were simply letters spelling beef lo mein, but for some reason he just found it absolutely fascinating.

“I just think…” He trailed off without realizing he’d stopped speaking or that he’d started rubbing the fabric of his jacket. God, that felt good. “…so if there isn’t a god…” What was his point again? Oh, right. “Gucci like, wouldn’t even be a thing, you know?" He reasoned.

“Dude, you have to feel this,”
he giggled, stretching his hand over to Rhys for him to feel how fucking amazingly soft this jacket was. Seriously. It felt better than driving a new car or eating food you didn’t have to pay for.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 10:03 PM
Stranger
Ry

Alec, presumably, knew as much as Theo did about running a bakery; being of course that Theo knew nothing of that particular business. Unless it was a chain establishment then it stood to reason that the facility would serve the baker's own recipes. He could have explained the similarity to Chinese food places and how they all made the same basic meals but they were always a bit different, hence why people who enjoyed that sort of take-out generally had one restaurant that they preferred. Regardless, the other didn't question him or his taste in licorice.

Theo wasn't self-indulgent most of the time but when he was he tended to gear towards the things he knew he enjoyed. Licorice was his preferred sweet but he wouldn't have been able to identify a Twizzler without seeing a package because he was not accustomed to American sweets. However, if he was being truthful, he enjoyed the Australian version of the snack over the others he had tried. In the silence that followed his statement, Theo's mind veered down a multitude of different paths before settling on Rhys as he savored a few more of the treats.

While he knew a fair amount about the other man there were still so many questions that he had. Was it possible that they did just look alike and have, seemingly, similar quirks and identical birthdays? That tendril of thought had continued to unravel into a heap of wonderment as the silence stretched between himself and Alec.

When the bartender finally spoke again it made the Dane jump slightly, he'd all but forgotten that he was in the presence of another. His brows furrowed softly as he waited for the man to voice his thoughts and was left feeling dissatisfied when he finally stated that the existence of Gucci had to be proof of a God. The Dane reserved his comments on the matter because he had learned it was ill-advised to discuss religion and politics in mixed company and he did not know Alec well enough to touch on those tender details.

"Dude, you have to feel this." Theo was feeling considerably more relaxed than he had been when he had first spied Alec nearly an hour ago and decided that obliging the other was better than discussing his Jewish background. So, with a steady hand, he reached out and lightly ran his fingers over the fabric of the other man's jacket. "Nåå." He said, his Danish coming out slightly accented with the sound. "It is nice, ja." Maybe he was a bit too comfortable if his native tongue was creeping into what was supposed to be an English conversation.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 06:47 PM
Townie
Jen

Was it just these strangely relaxing brownies or did Rhys sound less British than usual? The accent had been there for a while, but then again, the man did speak like, a million languages, so maybe his accents were a seasonal thing. You know, end of the year was English, then beginning of the year was…some type of germanic accent?

Wait, when did Alec move? Why was he now standing on the couch with one hand holding the bag of remaining brownies and his free hand on the other’s arm, clearly having moved the man along if he hadn’t protested? He was spacing out way too hard, but he felt much too at peace to be worried about it. The world was just full of wonders, wasn’t it? It had Armani and leather and Rhys and Cece and money and Rhys and brand new cars and Korean skin care products and oh, did he mention Rhys?

Yeah, Rhys was a cool guy. Not exactly the warmest, but Alec was still drawn to him. “Rhys,” he laughed at nothing in particular, blinking for a long time and bringing both hands up to the other’s face, subsequently dropping the brownie bag. Fortunately, it was closed.

“You have the skin complexion of a newborn.” That was a compliment, of course. “…so soft,” he added, rubbing his thumbs on the other’s cheeks. He loved Rhys, in the same way he loved everyone when he was this high. God, he loved everyone and everyone loved him. The world was just so full of love that he could cry!

But he didn’t cry, of course. He just stared into Rhys’ eyes, squinting a bit. “Your pores are nonexistent. Gorgeous,” he added. As a beauty expert, his opinion could be trusted regardless of how high he may be.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:37 PM
Stranger
Ry

It was definitely the brownies. Theo was more than familiar with the sensation of a weed high, though it was his first time with an edible, and if he had bothered to consider the oddity of how he felt he would have pinpointed the source. Hm. Okay, maybe not the specific source but he would have recognized the substance at least. However, there wasn't time for that as he was finding himself pulled from the dining area into the living room by Alec.

Where he normally would have resisted and insisted on having his personal space back, now he was feeling calm enough to merely 'go with the flow'. Alec still had ahold of his arm when they had stopped near the couch and Theo merely stared blankly at the contact. "Rhys." The programmer didn't look away from Alec's hand, he wasn't perturbed by it, not like he would have normally been, but was just studying it with unwarranted interest. Until Alec grabbed his face, then his jaded gaze flickered to the other's face. His eyes were wide and a blush spread over his cheeks at the contact but he didn't pull back yet.

"You have the skin complexion of a newborn. Your pores are nonexistent. Gorgeous" "Tak." That was a good thing, right? "You have… your…" He frowned briefly and then erupted in a short bout of laughter. "You're very close." Covering Alec's hands with his own, he pulled them away from his face and then adjusted his glasses. "Your hands are soft." The comment was a bit awkward but he was trying to contribute.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply