February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Loves is in the air and Lovematch.com is back to spread it around. If you are curious what to do this Valentine's Day then look no further than the front page of The Lochland Times.

Craziness continues through the town. Some is funny, some is political and some is just plain weird.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

The Ice Festival

Beautiful buildings and sculptures made of ice glowing under a halo of fireworks? What a beautiful place for a Valentines Day Date.

Ice Skating Rink

The ice skating rink from last year has returned. Ice Cream Dream will be selling hot drinks at the door. When you get cold why not stop for a treat?

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

February 14th
New Announcements!

February 10th
A new newspaper is (Up!)

February 8th
The Activity Check and Birthday Hunt are over.

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

A Therapeutic Occurrence, Tag: Pierre Bauer
Barclay O'Roake
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 03:31 PM
Local
Thoth

If there was one thing about the O’Roake family, is that they are not shy about getting hurt. As tragic as Blaine’s end was, he had always been the type of man who liked to get down and dirty with life. He played football, he worked with his hands, scars were not unknown to him. The same could be said for the other O’Roake siblings. Barclay’s own occupation often afforded him burns and scars from the hazards of his job. The most surprising, however, was how often the baby sister of the family, Bobbi, found herself on the wrong end of a doctor’s visit.

Bobbi was an active young woman, running, free spirited, and definitely smarter than her two older siblings. But the twenty-something with the flaming red hair and the nose covered in freckles also had a sportsman side. Bobbi played soccer for her college and earlier in the year, when making a game winning goal, the young girl had paid for her win with and ACL tear.

Oh it was a rough time for Bobbi but she went through it like a trooper. Surgery was a success but while she would be cautious with that knee in the future, she was going to need physical therapy to get her back into shape. That mean weekly visits, constant attention, and bumming rides from her family.

Barclay didn’t mind, however. He loved his little sister dearly and would bend over backwards for her. When she had asked if he could take her to a few of her appointments, all he needed was the days and times that he would be needed. So long as they didn’t conflict with his shifts at the station house, he would be happy to oblige.

Today, he was happy to report, Bobbi’s session was not going to occur during one of his station shifts. After picking up his sister from her classes, the two of them drove off towards the hospital, the promises of some really bad fast food to await them once Bobbi was done with her session. Barclay knew that fast food wasn’t good for you, but it wasn’t as if he and Bobbi had it all the time. Once every couple of months was good enough.

Getting her to her appointment on time, Barclay had said he would meet her out in the waiting area and soon enough found himself sitting in an uncomfortable, waiting room chair, trying to read a book on his phone. He made it a couple of chapters before his eyes started to get heavy. Ugh, he needed to do something more than just sitting around on his butt or he was going to fall right to sleep here in the waiting room.

Coffee. Surely that would help.

Sliding out of his seat, Barclay, dressed in his thick jeans, heavy boots, and his unbuttoned red-and-black flannel shirt that exposed his white tee, made his way out of the waiting room. Phone tucked into his back pocket, he checked the time to see that he still had awhile before Bobbi would be done. As that was the case, coffee was certainly necessary.

He sighed as he followed the signs to the correct floor, stepping inside and started to wander. He could see where the coffee was but he wanted to see what else he could purchase. Maybe a snack to go along with it? Passing by a rack filled with treats, his eyes perked up when he saw the display case of muffins. That sounded good. Best of all, they had carrot cake.

A grin on his lips, he reached to grab the tongs so that he could pluck the muffin out from the case without using his hands. However, in his zeal to grab the tongs, he accidentally bumped into another individual that had happened to slide in next to him.

”Oh! Ahm sorry!” he explained. ”Did nae see anyone there. You okay?” He didn’t nudge them that hard, but it was polite enough to ask.

--------------------
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:29 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Pierre's morning had been pleasantly busy working mainly with hospital in-patients as well as a couple of new patients. He plans to go earlier and have something to eat disappeared when he ended up down in the Emergency Room acting as a translator for a French tourist who had managed to break his leg. So it had been later than he had originally planned when he had the chance to head away for a cup of coffee and something to eat.

As usual he had made his own lunch; Dark Rye bread with chicken and salad. Just a shame he had left it in the fridge back at his apartment, put away after he had made in so he could have a shower. Normally he left it out so he wouldn't forget it, but for some reason today he had put it away.

At least he wouldn't have to make his lunch for tomorrow, that was if he remembered to bring it.

So hungry and in need of a cup of coffee he headed up to the cafeteria. He didn't come here a lot, certainly he didn't buy a lot of food here apart from the occasional sweet treat or to stop by if he was passing and wanted a cup of coffee.

Pierre's thoughts were on food as he walked into the cafe and started making his way to the cabinet when he saw the man that was making his way there. As usual he was wearing the shirt that everyone in the physiotherapy unit had to wear, combined with a pair tidy, dark jeans with his ID badge clipped to a belt loop.

While Pierre himself wasn't really short, he certainly wasn't tall, and was really slightly below average. But he didn't have a big build. Plus, there was always something about tall guys that intimidated him and gave him a hint of fear, probably because they reminded him of his brother-in-law David. David was tall, although unlike this fellow, who was clearly all muscle, had instead become overweight in recent years.

But, oddly, there was something about the man that Pierre liked. So he stood for a moment before he got his brain into gear and went up to get himself something to eat. A blueberry muffin and a sandwich would do him. He had taken his sandwich when the tall guy bumped into him, and in what was an instant reaction of fear, jumped and dropped the sandwiches on the floor.

Luckily they were securely packaged up so it didn't really do them any hard.

He couldn't quite figure out the man's accent, but it wasn't local. Irish? Scottish? Welsh? Really, he wasn't quite sure, but he did know that there were several words he really didn't understand at all. However, he did understand enough to realize that the man was asking if he was okay.

"Oui je vais, I mean, yes, i'm fine. Sorry, I did not mean to get in your way." He had started to speak without realizing he was speaking in French, before switching to English. His accent wasn't French rather Swiss, not that a lot of people here recognized it.

Reaching down he picked up the packaged sandwiches off the floor. "I think I just need a cup of coffee and something to eat, I have been busy all morning and then left my lunch sitting in the fridge at home."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Pierre Bauer | 30 | Physiotherapist | From Switzerland
PM
^
Barclay O'Roake
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 09:54 AM
Local
Thoth

Sometimes being tall and bulky made it difficult on your spatial awareness, a problem that would occasional haunted the massive firefighter. Normally Barclay had a better understanding of this, careful to ensure that he didn’t nudge any innocent passerbys or tip over display stands with a simple movement. But today his need for coffee and a snack had evidently beaten out his sense of space as he turned, reaching for one of the plastic wrapped carrot cake muffins and inadvertently nudged a nearby person. He jumped, the other person really jumped, and a few of items were braced by the welcoming arms of gravity.

Quickly he began to offer his apologies, slipping into the light accent he only ever took when he was around his parents. He knelt down, picking up his fallen muffin and looked over to see the other person who was picking up his own.

A doctor, judging by the clothing he was wearing. He confirmed that he was okay and that he didn’t mean to cause a ruckus, though Barclay doubted it was actually his fault. The reality was that the firefighter himself was probably the cause, reaching too far without looking. He smiled at the other, his beard partially hiding his lips but his expression nonetheless amused.

”No, no, clearly it was my fault,” he said apologetically.

The doctor was shorter than him, by several inches, but he was cute nonetheless. Nice build, adorable face, Barclay had to pull himself out of his thoughts when he realized that the man was still talking and shook his head. God, he really must be tired of waiting for Bobbie to finish her therapy session -- and in serious need of sustenance.

Ironically that was apparently something that he and the doctor shared.

The doctor was mumbling about needing coffee and something to eat as his own lunch was left at home. That rarely happened to him as the firehouse had its own fridge and kitchen. However there have been times, when off duty, that he would plan a meal to take with him while running errands and he could completely forget it at home. It was indeed a tragic event, especially when you’ve been looking forward to that pastrami sandwich for several days beforehand.

He offered the man and sympathetic look. ”Ugh, sounds terrible,” he said gently. ”Again, I’m so sorry for getting in your way, doctor.” He gestured to himself with a sigh. ”I guess I should watch where I’m going, shouldn’t I?” A kind smile followed. He then gestured to the items in the doctor’s hands. ”Um, please, let me get that for you? If anything it’ll make me feel better for disrupting you.”

--------------------
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 09:59 PM
Stranger
Mikko

The other man seemed to think that it was exclusively his fault, where as Pierre didn't think that was the case. He should have been a little more careful about where he was, instead of only focused on getting something to eat. But Pierre wasn't the type to sit and argue with someone about that. Some people would, but Pierre didn't see the point in it.

Yes, there were people who thought that he was an utter pushover who never stood up for himself, but his view differed from that. They were probably right in that sometimes he didn't stand up quite enough for himself. But quite often he simply figured that it wasn't worth arguing about because he wasn't going to change things. Sometimes standing up to someone just made things worse, and that was what he was afraid of.

So when the other man said that it was clearly his fault, Pierre didn't argue with him.

He thought that Pierre was a doctor.

Pierre probably looked a bit like one however, so it was probably an easy mistake to make.

What Pierre didn't expect was for the man to offer to pay for his own lunch as another way of apologizing. "Oh, I'm not a doctor, actually i'm a physiotherapist. You don't have to pay, but if you do I can get you free coffee, as long as you don't want anything fancy." One of the perks. Generally he didn't drink a lot of coffee, but today he needed one. As long as he didn't drink it to late in the day, because otherwise he couldn't sleep at night.

"I'm Pierre by the way." Might as well introduce himself now that they had met.

People for some reason heard his name and seemed to think he was French, despite how his accent wasn't French. Or, at least it didn't sound French to him. Despite having a French mother he always thought of himself as Swiss because that was where he had been born and raised.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Barclay O'Roake
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:07 PM
Local
Thoth

Barclay felt bad for getting in the doctor’s way. It wasn’t the first time he had bumped into someone and he was pretty much assured that it wouldn’t be the last, but he felt terrible about it every time. While a dickier person of his massive size would have just assumed that they could be seen no matter what, Clay wasn’t that insensitive. He knew that things happened and bumping into others was just going to happen no matter how careful he was. The good thing was that his parents had taught him to be respectful and courteous, and that included apologizing when mistakes happened.

After the doctor had finished collecting his stuff, Barclay once again apologize for getting in his way. However he was corrected in his assumptions that the man was actually a doctor. He was a medical professional but not in the way that Clay was thinking. Rather the man was a physiotherapist -- much like the people who were working with his sister right now.

He offered the man an apologetic smile, his beard stretching around his lips, offering that small glimpse of the pearly whites. He felt bad again for assuming, so much so that he wanted to try and buy the man’s lunch so that they could press on past the awkwardness.

The therapist said that he didn’t have to, but if he did, he could get his coffee for free. Barclay offered the man a brilliant smile as he nodded his head. ”Man after mah own heart,” he teased with a smile. He then nodded his head in agreement, grabbing a tray and offering it so that the therapist could put his times on it. ”Good thing ah live off day auld coffee. Ah don’t even know what ‘fancy’ coffee would entail,” he chuckled good naturedly.

Once the tray was laden with both of their items, Barclay turned his attention back to the therapist who was now offering him an introduction: Pierre. Huh, the only time that Barclay had really heard that name was for someone with a French background but the accent that the man spoke with certainly didn’t sound French. Huh, it was better to not just assume anyways, a mistake he had already made.

Another brilliant smile and the firefighter reached out, offering his hand to the other to shake while he balanced the tray with his other. ”Nice tah meet you, Pierre,” he said earnestly. ”Ah’m Barclay...but most just call me Clay.”

Barclay always had a respect for medical professionals, whether they were working as doctors, therapists, EMTs, or any of the like. Anyone who could handle the stress of working to make sure that others felt better was good in his book. Hell, that was the whole reason that he became a firefighter, and he had seen these guys bring people back from the brink or help them learn to live their lives again. That was why he wanted to pay for the man’s lunch, just a show of respect more than an apology.

Besides, he was cute.

He nodded to the cashier. ”Ah’ll handle these,” he said, showing the tray. ”You get the coffee?”

--------------------
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 01:03 AM
Stranger
Mikko

When it came to something like coffee, Pierre found that he preferred it simple; None of those added syrups or fluffy milk or what ever else people thought of adding to it. Simple was good, he liked black with just a little bit of sugar; Normally he didn't even put milk in it, instead just added a little bit of cold water. On occasion if he was out at a cafe he might order one of those fancy ones, but that was mainly because he wanted a coffee and they didn't do it plain; He always went for the least fancy one he could find.

But it seemed that this man agreed with him about fancy coffee. While Pierre did like coffee, he didn't drink lots of it, probably a couple of cups a day at most, quite often when he had been busy and wanted a little pick-me up. Sometimes he had one with breakfast, or instead he just had juice or water. Quite often with dinner he liked herbal tea of some sort; His favourite at the moment was peppermint. "I don't think I drink as much of it as you do, but I can't drink it to late in the day otherwise it keeps me awake at night."

Pierre put his items on the tray as the other man reached out a hand to shade as he introduced himself as Barclay, or Clay as most people called him. Honestly he couldn't say he heard that name often, but it didn't give Pierre any clues as to what the man's nationality, aside from American, was.

But he reached out and shook the offered hand with a smile, his grip firm but not to tight. "It is nice to meet you as well Clay."

Clay then headed to the cashier, leaving Pierre to go and get coffee. "Okay, can do. How do you like it?"

Once he had been told, Pierre went off to make the coffee at the station there for the staff. He made Clay's first how the man liked it, then his own cup.

Once done he took a sip of his own as he headed to wait for Clay so they could find somewhere to sit.

"Where about do you want to sit? Or, if you want to sit alone, where can I put your cup of coffee?"

Presuming, that Clay wanted to sit with him. Part of Pierre was nervous and a tad afraid of sitting with the man, but the fact that this was a busy public place eased his fears. Mind you, it wasn't just because of how big the man was; Pierre was like that with most people.

Sometimes he wished that he wasn't so deeply afraid of commitment, of his inability to trust people. It made him hate his brother-in-law even more, what he had done was far worse than what Elena's brother had done. Years of childhood abuse had done far more damage than an attack one night, as humiliating and scary as it had been at the time.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Barclay O'Roake
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:00 PM
Local
Thoth

Barclay wasn’t addicted to coffee but it certainly was an important part of his life. His job and his crazy schedule demanded that he occasionally infuse himself with a hearty amount of the tasty brew, just to ensure that he was awaken and sharp. One never knew when he would need to run out and save the day again. Because of that, Clay would often have to resort to coffee to keep himself awake, especially when adrenaline would only go so far to do that. The need to be alert and ready often meant that a normal sleep schedule and, therefore, normal rest patterns were not in the cards for him.

The first year or so was rough but eventually he got used to it. The body was a miracle of evolution and could adapt to damn near anything. Firefighting wasn’t for the faint of heart, but if you could stick it out, you could get used to the crazy hours. But, every now and again, a little bit extra was needed and, in this case, waiting for Bobbie was boring enough that he would need a bit of help.

Besides, it was free coffee, how could he turn it down? He admitted to Pierre that he didn’t need anything fancy and that his coffee habits tended to be less than glamorous anyways. The therapist confirmed that he didn’t drink much coffee, especially because it could keep him up at night. Barclay smirked before he replied.

”Trust me, sometimes that’s when ah need it most,” he laughed.

After introducing himself and shaking his hand, Barclay asked if Pierre could get the coffee while he paid for their items. When asked how he liked his drink, he offered a very simple order of one sugar and a splash of half-and-half. Most of the time Barclay drank it black, but considering that he wasn’t as work, he was going to allow himself at least a small amount of sweetness to it.

With Pierre gone, Clay turned away, returning to the register where he set the tray down, purchasing both his and the therapist’s snacks. Surprisingly it wasn’t going to break his bank (then again, it was a couple of muffins and fruit) so he pulled out his wallet and handed over the cash with a gracious smile. Receipt crumpled and set into his pocket, he stepped away with the tray in front of him, surveying the cafeteria. It didn’t take him long to return to Pierre’s side, the man now sporting two cups of nice, warm, and inviting coffee. Perfection.

Pierre inquired where he wanted to sit, but clarified that if he wanted to sit alone, that was fine too. Clay just shook his head in reply. ”Please join me,” he said with smile. ”Mah sister is going to be in physical therapy for a bit longer and if ah head back now, Ah’m sure Ah’m gonnae fall asleep.” He headed towards one of the tables. ”Ah can certainly use th’ company...if you are interested?” With that he took his seat, setting the tray down, and waited to see what Pierre would decide to do.

--------------------
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Today at 01:21 pm
Stranger
Mikko

Pierre had long ago learned that he didn't do well on night shifts, or shifts that required odd hours. It all came down to his breathing condition, Congenital Central Hypovenilation Syndrome. When he got tired not only did his breathing get affected, in that he didn't breath properly, but his blood pressure liked to drop as well as occasional bouts of sweating so he ended up not able to work effectively. Luckily as a physiotherapist he didn't really need to work nights, and his employers had always been willing to work with him which made his life so much easier.

But he knew that lots of other people did work nights and odd hours so he always appreciated what they did, that they were able to do so. And it seemed that Clay was one of those people from what he said. "Do you regularly work nights?" He had gotten that idea, and thought that it couldn't hurt to ask. He didn't know what the other man did after all. Something physical maybe, judging by the size of him.

Or maybe that was just being stereotypical. To Pierre it looked like he did something that required a good level of physical fitness. Pierre knew that he was never going to look like that, but he didn't care, he was reasonably happy with himself. He didn't have the build for lots of muscle for a start, plus his breathing condition prevented him from doing anything more than mild to moderate exercise because his oxygen levels started dropping to much.

Clay was happy for Pierre to sit with him, seemingly waiting for his sister who was receiving physical therapy. Pierre couldn't help but chuckle slightly when the other man said that if he headed back now he would fall asleep; He knew that feeling, but it was even more dangerous for him to fall asleep because when he fell asleep he didn't breath properly, which wouldn't be good. Part of him had always been a little jealous of people who could fall asleep whenever they liked without having to worry about being connected to a machine, but using a diphragm pacer had made life easier for Pierre. He didn't use it all the time, but if he did wear it and use it, he didn't have to worry so much. It had certainly been a luxury after he had started using it in being able to have a nap on a sofa without having to bring his ventilator and pulse oximeter out.

"I can understand that that feeling perfectly, unfortunately i'm not allowed to just fall asleep whenever I want to. Obviously I haven't been treating your sister, but she is in good hands, everyone here is quite good at what they do." Part of Pierre didn't feel completely comfortable sitting down with the man, but this was in public and Clay seemed nice so Pierre decided to take a seat at the table with him, putting the other man's cup of coffee near where he was sitting. "I don't mind sitting here, I don't have anything scheduled for a little while yet."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply