September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

April 14th
A Food and Beer Festival? Where?

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Cheap Thrills, Tag: Heather Song
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 08:56 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

This town needs more than one club. The more loud blaring music and bright lights the better. Maybe I just need to move to New York City. Frankie thought before she laughed. No, she didn’t want to move to New York City. If she moved to a big town, she was moving back to Milano. There just wasn’t a question about it. She would have to get Min’s paperwork in order, and they would move to Italy. But since she was not planning on ditching Catie, and she was not planning on living on the same continent as her parents right now, she had to settle for the gay bar being the only suitable club. The Old Rose was just too… mellow, and Frankie wasn’t going back to her old job, even if she thought they had party dancing there. There was dancing, yes, but not the kind she was looking for.

Her phone was tucked in her pocket, and hopefully tonight she wouldn’t drop it on the ground or in water, or at fucking all. Bad things happened when her phone was out of service, and she wasn’t interested in any more drama. She had been working a new job. In the last few months she dyed her hair from pink to green. Her hair had been pink longer than kids at the local day care had been alive. Frankie had a habit of matching her colors, so she had a dark blue nail polish, green winged eyeshadow, a green heart for her belly button, and green on her top and shorts. Her shorts had green sequins that reminded her of a mermaid, and the top was a crop top with green skulls on it. She had a regular steel eyebrow ring, not her usual green one, and her hair was in little pixie puffs on the top of her head. She personally thought she looked adorable, and she didn’t need to be in the gym in the morning, so despite not wanting to get drunk, she’d had one mixed drink and she was at the bar nearly done with her second. And fuck did they hit her harder after not drinking for a few weeks and eating healthy all the time. Frankie said something incomprehensible to the non-Italian speaking bartender, and then waved her hand dismissively when he asked her what the hell she’d just said.

[Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
Tracker - Bisexual - Dancer at Stilettos - Apartment
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 05:50 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather had grown tired of the Old Rose Tavern, at least for the time being. She got tired of the constant harassment from some of the ignorant patrons of the place who either kept thinking she was Chinese, couldn't fathom why she had a British accent despite her explaining that she was from Manchester, or kept hitting on her after she made it clear that she was homosexual... or more than one of the above. Cheap, strong drinks were nice and all, but she needed much better atmosphere, so she began looking around town until she found the Odyssey Club. It was a gay bar, so it seemed promising. At least she wouldn't get shit for being a lesbian. She decided to give it a shot and headed that way after work one night.

Stepping into the bar, she stepped up to the bar as someone was dismissing the bartender. That worked for her, and she motioned the bartender over.

"Whiskey sour, mate," she said.

"You Australian?" smirked the bartender. Heather sighed.

"You deaf?" she asked. "I ordered a drink that I am paying you money for, and that you are paid to mix for me, so go to it." She then sighed again as the bartender walked to do something. "Lesson of the day- a lesbian, South Korean, British girl can never catch a fucking break. Remember that, Heather."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 07:24 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie had yet to had any experiences of getting shit for anything since moving to Lochland. Sure, her girlfriend’s parents were bitchy and absolutely the worst, in Frankie’s almost never humble opinion, but the town itself and its expressed atmosphere were quite different. Never had she lived somewhere that she might have claimed was pandering elsewhere. She liked it though. If someone had a problem with her, Frankie had a thick skin, and years of being a stripper were enough practice not giving one single fuck what other people thought of her. She was, after all, too many things wrapped in one for everyone to accept her for them. If she started expecting things from strangers, she’d be in for a bad time.

When Frankie dismissed the bartender another woman, an Asian, got his attention. Frankie sipped her drink through her straw, eyes peering over as she heard the exchange. Whisker sour, mate. Australian? No, fuck, she didn’t sound Australian. She sounded British, and as a woman who had lived in Great Britain, they did not sound the same. Now, the Asian lady laid into the bartender. Asked if he was deaf, told him what she was paying him money for, and told him to go do it. Calling him deaf or telling him not to hit on her was all well and good, but it was the telling him what she was paying money for that made Frankie turn her head. That was the sort of thing people said to the serving class because they thought paying money meant they could be rude. Shit, be rude, but don’t preface it like that.

Then she said something, but Frankie didn’t catch it. Probably mumbling to herself. “Fuck, you bitch at him like that and he’s going to spit in your drink you know.And you might deserve it if he did, Frankie thought, looking either amused or impatient. She didn’t feel impatient, certainly not annoyed, but she rarely passed up an opportunity to voice her opinion. Not that most people wanted to hear it, but she didn’t care. It was open air space.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 01:13 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather could usually be cool about things, and she could even trade good-natured insults with people. However, when someone stereotyped her for her sexuality, her ethnicity, or her accent, she got a big angry. She also had no filter, which made matters worse.

She looked over when someone called her out for snapping at the bartender. The girl had a good point, and Heather watched the bartender closely to make sure he didn't. She placed her money down when he brought the drink, then waited for him to walk off.

"I get a bit snappy when people ask me if I'm Australian because of the way I talk, or Japanese just because I'm Asian... or any number of things when they find out I'm gay." She then sighed as she looked at the bartender, who didn't really look like the arse she made him out to be. "Okay, maybe it was an honest mistake." The bartender stepped over, and Heather added a few dollars as a tip. "Cheers, mate, for the drink, and um... sorry about having a go at you."

"No prob," said the bartender. "Sorry for the misunderstanding."

"No worries," said Heather. She sipped her drink. It was a tad watered down, but she didn't bring that up. She then turned and smiled at the girl, who was actually pretty cute.

"You usually call people out on their wrong-doings?" she asked good-naturedly.

PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 04:49 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie was surprised when the Asian woman seemed to calm down instead of getting angrier. Frankie arched an eyebrow and watched her. She apologized to the bartender, they made up. No hugs or kisses, but it was all amicable or some shit.

You usually call people out on their wrong-doings?

Nah, man.” Frankie said without having to think it over. No, she just ignored them generally. Or sometimes she got into a fight over it when people wanted her to let them fuck up their lives. Frankie wasn’t into that stuff. But the woman was acting less of an arse now, so Frankie supposed she might not be that bad. Bit whiny, but most people were.

Frankie ran her fingers through her loose bangs and then turned a bit in her seat to look at the woman. “Sometimes I just call it like I see it… and sometimes that involves… calling people on their wrong-doings, I guess,” she said, returning the wording back to the woman, saving her what would have been a more crude paraphrase. “But hey, it saved you getting a fucked up drink, right? So that’s probably good.” She winked and took a drink, smiling now. It was a good thing that Frankie didn’t actually need other people to like her, in order to have a good time.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:37 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather wasn't trying to have a go at this other person. She probably did save Heather from getting a messed up drink. Heather planned to get smashed, but she didn't want to get sick. She chuckled about the fucked-up drink part.

"Sometimes you gotta call people out on their shit," she said. "I'm not the calmest person in the word. Sometimes I like to fight with the world... see everyone as my ex, ya know? Thanks for keepin' me from a nasty hangover."

Heather took a sip of her drink and paused to make sure that she indeed didn't have a tainted drink. There was still that watered down taste, but aside from that, nothing seemed odd. She then turned back to the girl beside her. Now that the drama was out of the way, she thought it wouldn't hurt to spark up a little convo with a pretty lady. After all, it didn't seem like anyone else was lining up to talk to you. That was a shame as there were some other hotties in the place as well.

"Name's Heather," she said. "Resident lesbian mega-geek at your service. If you need to know anything about Comics, Harry Potter, or Star Wars, just give me a shout."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 07:48 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

The woman admitted to not being the calmest person in the world. “I try to be calm… like a fucking snowy peak,” Frankie informed her. What the fuck did that mean? Well, it meant that she was calm, and people could have fun with her, but if she started to get upset, the avalanche could take people out. Now, she just about never let people get under her skin, but it had happened. Like… a handful of times since she’d moved to town. And approximately one of those times hadn’t been with the Foster family. She was thanked for saving the woman from a nasty hangover. “Spit doesn’t give me hangovers. I guess I’m lucky.” She fucking doubted that the bartender was going to spike anyone’s drink. That would be not only a shitty thing to do, and definitely illegal, but highly suspect. It was a small town. And it wasn’t like some shady dude at a bar. This man worked here. Not hard to find.

Name’s Heather.

Not a very Asian name. Which simply meant Frankie had no interest in guessing the woman’s origin. Why did other people try?

Resident lesbian mega-geek at your service.

Bitch you introduce yourself that way? Okay, maybe she was flirting. It was just that after complaining about people judging her… she was kind of a walking billboard. Maybe it was her shtick. Maybe it worked for her. But it was kind of ridicolo. Unless she was flirting, which actually would have made sense. Comics. Harry Potter. Star Wars. Also, Frankie was pretty sure she was dating a lesbian geek, so she wasn’t sure where “resident” came into the label, but Frankie was just being bitchy.

Mm, Il mio nome è Frankie,” Frankie said, spouting off in Italian because it was fun to do, but the name was there, “I’m Frankie,” she said, giving a paraphrased translation, “Not resident anything, and you can let me know if you want to know about Pole Art, Charlie Chaplin, or places to get your hair dyed in town. I know more about those things than anything you mentioned.” Although she did know some stuff. She did have plans to take Min to a convention sometime after all.

[ooc: Don't take any of Frankie personally, she can be difficult]

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 09:00 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather laughed about the snowy peak thing.

"I bloody love that!" she said. "I might have to steal that saying." This girl seemed pretty cool, despite having to call Heather out earlier.

Heather then chuckled again about the spit.

"Oh, you just meant spit," she said. "I thought you meant they were going to slip something fucked up in there. Bloke tried to do that to one of my mates once. Got his arse kicked by a bouncer too."

The girl introduced herself as Frankie in Italian, at least that;s what Heather thought she said in Italian. Heather never took the language. Frankie then made it clear.

"Pleasure to meet ya, Frankie,"
she said. She then mentioned some random stuff that she knew about. One thing stood out, and it probably wasn't the expected one.

"You like Charlie Chaplin?" she asked. "I'm a big fan of silent comedy! I love Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton as well." The hair dye thing interested her a bit too. "I've actually been looking to get my hair dyed again. Tried this weird shade of blue a while back, but it ended up being pants. Thinking of giving it another go with a nice, dark purple. What do you think?"

PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 10:22 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie was never pacified by someone finding her funny, but it was usually a plus, so there was that. Heather quite liked Frankie’s statement, and she said she would have to steal the saying. “Feel free, if it made sense.” Frankie couldn’t exactly predict if everything she said made sense out loud, especially since she didn’t really explain a lot of things until she felt that she had to. Mostly to Lenny. Because Lenny could be a total spazz sometimes, and if Frankie had to pound it into his head that he was being a dumbass, then sometimes she would do it.

Oh, you just meant spit.” Apparently this was something she had to explain. Because she had implied it earlier. Apparently she had experience with this. So did Frankie. She’d had friends roofied. And as a party girl, she’d seen it happen.

Yup, that’s why I said spit,” Frankie said, without emphasis. She had said spit, but maybe the woman thought it sounded like split with Frankie’s accent. She didn’t know. Frankie introduced herself and this Heather responded with pleasantries.

Frankie was actually surprised when the woman said that she was a big fan of silent comedy. Frankie arched an eyebrow. “Well you don’t meet many of those…” Harold Lloyd was fine, she preferred Buster Keaton to him, but overall she liked Charlie of the three. Not because he was better known, but because of the reasons he was so well known. She had preferences. Obviously. As far as hair colour, “Dark purple would probably look good on you. The dark works well… so a very dark blue, dark purple… those would probably be best, but I mean, not everything has to be optimal. But yeah, I think it would look good. You should go to Live Fast Dye Young.” Because why wouldn’t she pimp out her friend’s hair salon. It had been open for a few years, but she still praised it.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 07:17 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather smirked about the saying and if it made sense.

"Well whether it made sense or not, it was fucking funny," she said. "I tend to collect funny sayings to use on people later. Throws some of them off, but it's worth it."

Heather did blush a tad over misunderstanding Frankie over the spit thing to begin with. She had a lot on her mind and what Frankie had said probably didn't hit her completely.

"Guess I'm a bit distracted tonight," she said. "My bad, mate."

Heather nodded in agreement about not meeting many silent film fans.

"I agree," she said. "A lot of people around my age seem to shun the classics these days. Particularly pisses me off when they don't know about the classic horror films. I talked about Boris Karloff and Vincent Price to this bloke at the book shop, and he looked at me like I was making up names... and they're bloody film legends!"

Heather then listened to Frankie's advice about the hair. She was glad that Frankie liked the idea about dark purple.

"Oh I love the name!"
she said about the hair salon. "I'll have to check it out." She took a sip of her drink. "So... aside from what you know, what's your story, mate, if ya don't mind me asking."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 10:09 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Apparently Heather wanting to use what Frankie said did not actually mean it made sense to her. She didn’t say whether it made sense or not, but apparently it tickled her fancy. She said that being a bit confusing threw some people off, but it was worth it. “One might argue that throwing people off also makes it worth it,” Frankie countered knowingly. It wasn’t polite to confuse people or run them around in circles, but Frankie wasn’t always polite. It was fun to confuse people sometimes.

Heather apologized for being, presumably, off her game. “Figurati,” Frankie said, casually dismissing the concern. She didn’t suspect that Heather realized that meant “its nothing” but she didn’t consider it. One more example of Frankie not caring too much if she confused people.

Frankie chuckled when the woman went off about film legends. She apparently liked the horror genre. Something about her liking comic books made this unsurprising. Frankie wasn’t sure why. She brought up Boris Karloff and Vincent Price, “How uncultured of him,” Frankie said, laughing again. “The work lives on, but the names… don’t get a lot of respect. He probably would have gotten a House of Wax or Bride of Frankenstein reference, if he knew the names behind things.” Frankie wouldn’t say that IMDB and Wikipedia were too hard for some people, they just had other priorities. Far less interesting priorities, maybe, but still. Next they talked hair, and Frankie was asked for her story.

Oh, you know… born to the most well meaning middle class family of two point five kids, a dog, and a fence. Moved to the big city to make it for myself, got lost in the fame, found myself, sold a screenplay, ended up co-writing my biography in a sitcom… or something, I forget the details,” she said, smirking. Oh, she was taking a page out of Elle’s book. Lie. Just lie so hard. Except, hopefully she did not actually look like she was being honest. She wasn’t trying to look honest. “Yourself?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 10:07 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather nodded her head when Frankie spoke of how some could argue that throwing some people off was worth it as well.

"Very true," she said. "Especially if they're dicks. I love leaving people like that standing with that stupid look on their face, especially when it takes them a moment to know that they've just been owned."

Heather had no idea what "figurati" meant, but it seemed like Frankie wasn't all that upset with her being distracted. That was good. The less drama, the better. Besides, Heather found this girl interesting, and she liked interesting people. Of course, a lot of people seemed interesting after Felicia.

Heather grimaced at how people would get movie references, but not know the names behind them.

"That makes it all the worse," she said. "It's like when people go on about the old Batman TV Show, and then have no bloody clue who you're talkin' about when you mention Adam West and Burt Ward... and those two blokes are still alive!" She shook her head. "It's nice to chat with someone who respects the greats."

Heather chuckled when Frankie spoke of her life. The life sounded a bit too artificial, and then Frankie made that clear with the biography and sitcom. She was then asked about herself. Heather decided to fight fire with fire.

"Well my parents were shot down by a desperate criminal in an alley," she said. "I vowed to avenge them and now use my billions of dollars to make weapons in a cave to help me haunt the night." She then gave Frankie a mock-serious look. "I'm waiting for some random creature to show up out of nowhere so that I could come up with a name."

Heather then finished her drink and asked for another of the same. She then turned back to Frankie.

"It's cool if you don't want to go into your life, mate," she said. "Just makin' convo because you seem like the only one here willin' to chat with me."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 07:35 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Love her, hate her, or the in between. Frankie didn’t believe that life was some pin point or another. You had a lot of in between, and even with her sometimes polarizing personality. She couldn’t tell how much Heather was going to like her, but right now they were getting along pretty well. The topic was a good one. She laughed when Heather said it made it worse. She clearly didn’t like people appreciating things without knowing the history. “Well, they know the crafter through their craft, but they couldn’t pass a test on it. Some wouldn’t think that’s too bad,” Frankie said with another chuckle. Personally, Frankie wasn’t too up in arms about it. It depended, sometimes she could be more bothered, but just not always.

Heather responded to Frankie’s fake history with her own very identifiable fake history. “Oh, we’re keeping with the vintage Batman, are we?” Frankie said with an amused look. She said that it was fine if Frankie didn’t want to get into her life story, “That’s good,” Frankie said quite casually. She wasn’t going to give her life story. It took dating her for over a year for her girlfriend to even know what Frankie’s parents did for a living. Admittedly she was awful at pressing the issue and asking things, but it was kind of a long time. Frankie often answered people’s questions, but sometimes, the more vague ones, she didn’t feel like being straight with.

Just making conversation. “Fine by me. I’ve got time. I like the company of strangers at night. Talk away.” Frankie winked and smiled.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 12:45 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather was one to geek rant. She geek ranted all the time, even when having fun with others at conventions. It wasn't hostile or anything like that. Ranting was fun in itself.

"Meh, just a pet peeve of mine, I guess," she said. "I've actually been shunned out of fandom conversations because I knew more about the fandom than the people talking did. I also tend to correct people on things like when people ask where the Bothans were in Star Wars: Rogue One. Um... hello... the Bothans died for the plans of the second Death Star, not the first. They're not even talked about until Return of the Jedi." Heather then thought. "Damn, I must sound like an arse to them."

Heather smiled when Frankie called her out on the vintage Batman deal.

"Well, actually I was hoping that the creature that inspired me was a dragon of something," she said. "Dame Dragon sounds like a great superhero name."

When Frankie said she could talk away.

"I guess I can tell ya a little bit about myself," she said. "I was born in Manchester. then moved to Atlanta, then moved here. Been here a good few years. I work at a book shop, go to school at the Community College. Oh, and I like to draw... Art Major and all that."

PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 11:42 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Fandom conversations… ” Frankie said, arching an eyebrow but grinning. It wasn’t a question. “*Suoni pazzi.” She got kicked out because she knew more than the people talking. And she had to correct them. Then she started talking about the Star Wars movies that Frankie hadn’t seen. When she ended it up by saying she sounded like an arse to people, Frankie laughed, “Si… I think that’s definitely what they’re thinking. So you’re a queen know it all. That’s good to know.” It wasn’t surprising. “Elitist… now that I think about it. Hm.” It probably sounded like an insult, but was it? It was an observation, and Frankie wasn’t saying that she was bothered by any of this information. It just all made sense.

Dame Dragon. “But would the Dame Dragon costume look at good in spandex? I’m imagining very scale like glittery parts. And you might look more like an interpretive dancer in my head… but who knows. You’re the expert.” She smirked. Next came actual information on the woman.

Manchester. Atlanta. Lochland. Few years. Book shop. Frankie’s workout buddy’s wife worked there. That was the closest connection that Frankie had there. And community college. My girlfriend goes to school there. Art major. “That’s Interessante. I lived in London for a little while, years ago. But I am from Italia originally. Factually, even,” she added that part to hopefully contrast her totally bs from earlier.

*Sounds crazy.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply