February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Spontaneous Spruce!, Tagged: Katerina Dimov
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 12:59 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She and Molly had goals. It had been a long time ago, and only part of them had been reached. There was still the matter of Sheena’s education. “All I’m sayin’ is … Randy’s a college professor an’ he’s told me I dunno how many times that degrees don’t mean shit no more.” Her man couldn’t seem to put the subject down.. even if he didn’t agree with her wishes. “But if it ain’t up for discussion, it ain’t up for discussion.” Darn straight. It was obvious he wanted the last word, and she left it alone. As it was, she was hoping to get Sheena the flood survivor scholarship Connecticut had made back in 2014. It had been a few years, but it was one of the perks of still being in Lochland now. There was still books and where to get the other woman to live. So much was in the air.

.. but when it was done...

No, she wasn’t going to think about it.

After getting dressed there was only one place to go. Kat wandered out onto the porch with an arm full of flour and good intentions. Her boyfriend looked ready. The man sprayed and sprayed and sprayed until finally stepping aside. She wasn’t sure exactly how to do it so she started at the top and tossed a fist full of flour at the needles. It was.. messy. Very messy. She wasn’t exactly tall enough to splatter it well, but she hopped around and tossed white powder as best she could. There was white everywhere. She was covered, the ground was getting covered, the tree.. was thankfully.. getting covered. Who knew if it would stick. Pouring seemed to work better than tossing and she switched to sifting the white powder between her fingers and dosing needles a little at a time.

”How does it look?”

Crazy maybe? It didn’t actually look BAD. she still wasn’t comfortable with the idea of getting into the holiday spirit, but at least they did it their way. ”Next year let’s just spray paint it.” If there was a next year. ”Maybe we should put another layer of glue on top? Jus to make sure it sticks?” Shooting from the hip was a little fun. She didn’t really know how else to describe it. Kat hopped a little more, spraying more powder about the porch and squinting into the dust that blew in her face whenever the wind decided to pick up. Her wet hair was now white. There was no way to avoid another shower now.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 02:26 AM
Newcomer
Asa

It was a bit cold but Darrell was pretty well insulated and had pulled on a jacket and wool cap, no gloves though. Kat returned with the flour in her arms as he continued to keep the adhesive well shaken, didn’t need it getting cold and stiffening up. Probably the most liberal thing he had done in a while, the crooked electrician went about spraying a generous coat of the sticky substance across the whole of the tree, only focusing on the outermost branches. No sense in wasting it on parts of the tree no one would really see. There was also a weirdly artsy part of him that wanted it to look as realistic as possible, drawing inspiration from the trees surrounding the house.

Kat followed behind with the flour, sprinkling it along the sticky needles where it surprisingly stuck fairly well. The sharp but pleasing scent of the pine sap was soon overwhelmed by that of the aerosol. The tree was actually beginning to look like it was dusted in snow, not a bad idea Darrell supposed,
“Like a tree covered in flour.” he chuckled, secretly waiting for a breeze to undo all of this work, though, “Or buy a fake one with the snow already on it.” he replied, framing the word “snow” in quotey fingers. There was also the idea of cotton fibers but it would look more appropriate as a Halloween decoration at that point as it resembled cobwebs more than the downy white fluff Christmas was typically associated with, “Knowin’ my luck, we’d paint the damn thing an’ I’d get too damn close to it with a lit cigarette.” that was preposterous, Darrell didn’t smoke in the house. But there had been a mention of next year and something in him felt strangely unafraid where normally the fear of commitment would have been seriously triggered. It was a nice, warm feeling, “Hmm … ” he was unsure of Kat’s idea to add another layer of the glue, giving the can a shake. The tip of his right index finger felt stiff, like it had dried candle wax on it, blowback from the nozzle he guessed.

The first spray was too close, blowing a fair bit of the flour off a few branches,
“Oooo, try again.” he attempted at a second spot so Kat could touch up the ruined needles, holding the can at more of an angle and managed to successfully apply a second, lighter coating to the tree. He didn’t want to touch it, at all, honestly. It needed to dry and the adhesive needed to cure, preferably in the sun tomorrow. Nothing would look worse than a tree with all the needles stuck together in a big mess, “Looks good, but I ain't touchin’ it ‘til t’morrow.” he informed her, reaching out to run his hand down the sleeve of her jacket, leaving a streak of white powder. It was all around them, mottling their shoes and cuffs of their pants, the porch, he even thought he saw some in her hair, or was that actual snow? Probably wasn’t a good idea for her to be out here with wet hair anyways.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 03:00 AM
Newcomer
Kat

This probably wasn’t good for the tree, but there was little time for the plant to begin with. Flour dusted the needles and branches with a somewhat realistic look. Katerina was somewhat pleased. Her powdery hands slapped together gently with finality; mission accomplished. “Looks good, but I ain't touchin’ it ‘til t’morrow.” Probably a good idea. ”I’ll be sweeping white stuff off the porch all spring.” She murmured, unperturbed. ”Let’s go back in where it’s warm and clean up. I think I need another shower.” Her eyes glanced at Darrell and his overly white looking hair. Apparently he hadn’t completely escaped the dusting either.

Back inside, she folded up the top of the flour packaging and took it back into the kitchen. She was unwilling to put it in the cupboard yet. Instead she washed her hands then set it inside a large ziplock to keep the powder from spreading. It was too bad she couldn’t do the same for her boots or her clothes. ”We’ll have to strip and shower just to keep from tracking more crap over the floor.” There had already been one large mess today. This time it was her fault, and she’d deal with it after she was nolonger creating it. She did her boots then slid out of her jeans with a comfortable exhale. ”How long until the food gets here? I forgot to check the clock.” With her luck it would be while she was showering.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 03:44 AM
Newcomer
Asa

“Sweep the porch anytime ya like, in winter it’s white stuff, in spring its yella stuff, in fall it’s all kinds’a colors. Ya get a break in summer, though.” unless it was Darrell tracking in lawn clippings after cutting the grass or some unfortunate creature found its way to Snake’s domain and got itself killed, usually by accident. The curious doofus of a dog had the tendency to play too rough with small things, he usually hid them to avoid the disappointment of his owner when he found the little bodies of some ill-fated rabbits, toad or even possibly a cat.

“Amen t’ that.” he rubbed his powdered hands together and turned to head indoors, opening the door for his girlfriend so she could carry the flour inside, and because it was the gentlemanly thing to do, of course. His chivalry hadn’t dissipated since first meeting her, it had actually grown with them, “Girl, you use a lotta water, you must’a been a fish in a past life or somethin.’” they left the desecrated tree on the porch to cure and dry in the cold, arid wind of the Connecticut winter. He still didn’t know how they had gotten the flour in their hair, maybe when he had been bent over to spray the lower branches, Kat had to reach over her head for the higher branches so it was plausible.

It was so much warmer inside and Snake lifted his head from the floor, long, whip-like tail thrashing back and forth between the chair and coffee table making that welcoming thumping sound,
“Who’s hungry?” he asked the excitable animal. Katerina was already insisting they shower, looking over to her as she was out of her pants in a flash. She could get undressed faster than any person he had ever known, “You tease me.” he accused and shuffled in that way he often did when he was trying to get Snake riled up for a meal. The big dog, of course, knew what was up and scooted after him, sitting back on his haunches and looking up with begging eyes as Darrell retrieved the container from the fridge. His hands and sleeves of his jacket reminded him of when he had been building in that wall between the kitchen and den, looked like drywall dust. Snake wouldn’t mind.

Our food, should be here very, very soon.” them Chinese folk were fast. The tree alteration had taken longer than he expected as well. Someone would need to answer the door, otherwise he would definitely be following her into the bathroom in the hopes of succeeding where he had failed earlier. Oh well, a missed opportunity, at least the dog was enjoying himself, licking his bowl clean already. Now he wouldn’t feel as compelled to beg while they were trying to enjoy their own food.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 12:57 AM
Newcomer
Kat

They’d created new messes, but at least the tree was done. Katerina hoped this was it for the day. She was tired of cleaning. Several days in a row of doing nothing but working on other people’s houses had made her sick of it. She was sore, tired, and ready to just relax. No messes, no stress, no stupidity.There was a shower in her future just to get the flour of our her hair and she was going to ENJOY it. Darrell seemed amused. Perhaps she would have too if not for how he phrased it. “Girl, you use a lotta water, you must’a been a fish in a past life or somethin.’” Her brow lifted. ”Girl? I’ll be 38 on the 27th of next month. I hardly think ‘girl’ is appropriate.” She curbed her tongue, walking indoors so that she could strip down.

In the kitchen she let her boyfriend go about feeding the dog and slipped out of her clothes with pleasure. It was good to escape the tight waistband of her jeans. The shirt was far more gentle. She took her time unbuttoning the front with a deep sigh. “You tease me.” Did she? She glanced at him momentarily, still irritated with being called a ‘girl’ even if she had already forgiven him for the tree on their porch and the mess it had made. ”Last I knew you shouldn’t look at ‘girls’ like that anyway.” How long until the food got there anyway? Preferably something. ugh.. better than what the dog had. Just looking at it made her feel slightly naucious. “Our food, should be here very, very soon.” At the rate he was going, Christmas day might be a miserable holiday. ”Alrighty.”

Leaving the shirt half unbuttoned, she wandered barefoot to the refrigerator. It was a little cold to take it off yet. Besides, she wasn’t certain she wanted to make things worse for Darrell. It was only just occurring to her how much he was longing for sex. The woman didn’t tend to try to torture him on purpose. She wasn’t exactly sure how she could. She’d never thought of herself as.. sexy. In anycase, it was a bad time to even bother. Katerina was far from in the mood. She pushed aside the pitcher of sweet tea and grabbed some orange juice, turning to get a glass and pour herself a drink. It started small, but she just kept on pouring. For some reason she really wanted a large cool glass. Maybe she needed the vitamin C. ”Are you feeling okay?” It was a little out of the blue. ”Moving that tree didn’t strain you?” She took a long drink, feeling the soft chill fill her. It was almost too cold. ”Have you talked to Charla recently?” Kat didn’t have time to breath, and wasn’t one for talking on the phone. For all she knew her boyfriend could have started a gambling den in their house and she’d never know. her days were a blur. ”When are you delivering the puppy?” She doubted Lamb would like it, but she wasn’t about to say anything. It had taken everything in her power to find time to shop for Darrell.

Now she was cold. She had more to drink anyway. She glanced at Snake thoughtfully then swallowed down the last of her orange juice with quiet satisfaction. She was full, she was cold, and she was about to get warmed up in a shower. It was perfect. Snake's food? Still smelled terrible. Kat gently rubbed her full belly, realizing that maybe she'd had a little too much. Ugh. Yes.. she'd have ot take her time before she could actually eat now.” I think I’ll take that shower.”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 08:43 PM
Newcomer
Asa

“I ain’t never called you that before?” he couldn’t recall, but it was a very common term of endearment for him, when he was feeling unusually playful and casual, “I call a lotta women younger’n me, girl.” he explained as they stepped into the warmth of the house, greeted by a wagging tail and another mess on the floor, “But I’ll keep that birthday in mind.” he added, sure she was telling him this for a reason. He knew her birthday was next month, just didn’t remember what day.

Conversation moved on to his continued insistence that she was stringing him along in her current attire as she moved around in the kitchen while he fed the dog its evening meal. She poured a rather large glass of orange juice and Darrell wondered if she was warding off the beginnings of a cold, probably not a bad idea, perhaps he would have some as well. Then she asked him something that made him wonder if she could read his mind,
“Nah, I feel fine, I benched like one-eighty at the gym yesterday mornin’ so … feelin’ pretty damn good.” he felt like he could have lifted more, normally did lift more, but decided not to push it. He had been gone from that gym for so long he had to come up with a story as to why he had been absent for as long as he had. Telling them he had gotten the flu seemed to work in his favor, he certainly didn’t look like the healthy man they had known before.

“I actually called Charla yesterday, they ain’t in town, they went t’ New Haven t’ pick up her daughter, Meghan, then they headed t’ West Virginia t’ see her mother an’ her brothers an’ sisters, I think she has like … nine or ten siblings.” she’d had twelve, that much he knew, but some were sadly no longer living. Darrell didn’t know what he would do if one of his brothers died, he might handle Curtis’s passing a little better than Randy’s, though. That was kind of a shitty thing to say! Damn, Darrell! “Biiig fam’ly, ‘cause all them have young’uns too, she has a lotta nieces an’ nephews, I just hope they ain’t all expectin’ somethin’ from Aunt Charla.” he laughed a little but the struggling couple’s finances were no laughing matter, what with Lamb’s medical bills constantly sucking them dry as the VA pulled more and more of their funding. Kat brought up the issue of the couple's Christmas present, “When they get back, they’re spendin’ the week in West Virginia,” provided Lamb behaved himself and didn’t wear out his welcome too quickly, “should be back around New Year’s.” the breeder would hold the puppy until then, Darrell felt as though he had made an excellent choice, “Might hafta pick it up a few days before but it can stay here, I’m sure Snake won’t mind.” it would probably have to stay in the laundry room so when it pissed and shit everywhere it would be easier to clean. Puppies didn’t come housebroken, unfortunately, it would be something Lamb and Charla would have to deal with, “It’s been proven that dogs help cancer patients.” he felt the need to make that point once more to justify getting the couple such a serious gift.

Kat dismissed herself to take her shower after polishing off her orange juice. Darrell had to wonder if she would even have room for food now,
“Alright.” he yawned and moved over to the sink to wash his hands. Shortly after he heard the shower start up, the headlights of the delivery driver illuminated the front windows. Snake scrambled from the kitchen and poked his nose through the blinds, hackles raised and low rumble in his chest, “I know, I see ‘im.” Darrell cooed to the tense dog and opened the front door as the young Asian fella was coming up the steps. He spoke relatively decent English but definitely had an accent. As he traded money for food he nodded to the young man and turned to head back inside, the flashback of that Chinese man lying in a pool of blood on the floor of that slaughterhouse back in early November, flickered in his mind, shattered by the memory of shooting him point blank in the face.

Thankfully the Lab mix was full and didn’t seem too keen on begging for the contents of the brown paper bags in his master’s hands. He yawned again as he spread the food out on the table in the kitchen, setting their places and readying everything for when Kat finished with her shower.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 10:27 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The warm water felt nice, but Katerina couldn’t help but feel impatient. It was hard enough to stay in one place long, and she’d already had a shower. Doing it again was boring. She stared at the wall, working shampoo through her long brown tendrils with determined concentration. The heat tired out her limbs, reminding her that she’d worked long days up until this point. All she wanted was rest. Her cantankerous attitude was so strong even she noticed it-not that it made her feel sorry.

Hopefully this would get done quickly.

A feeling of nausea said otherwise.

Something gnawed meanly at her gut until she couldn’t ignore it anymore. It had started as just a light sensation then spread into a pain, like a cramp. She glanced around the shower weighing if vomiting there would be the best of ideas, and decided she didn’t want to sanitize the stupid thing afterward.

Kat turned the water off quickly, managing to not rip down the curtain in a fit to get to the toilet. Her went hair seemed to be everywhere. She brushed away from her face in time to spew orange juice and bile into the porcelain. In the back of her head she praised herself for keeping her work minimal. The exercise made her dizzy and weak. It was as if her body had been pushed too far and parts of her were shutting down.

There was no way she was going to be eating for a while. The woman wiped her face with the back of her hand and rubbed her stomach uncomfortably wondering if she should crawl back into the shower.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 05:07 PM
Newcomer
Asa

Whistling contendly to himself Darrell set out the food and thought to himself, he thought about business, he thought about the puppy, he thought about friends, he thought about family. Pulling his phone from his pocket he checked it for messages and answered a few texts, one was from a client and he politely told the guy to hold off for a few days, spend the holidays with friends or family and hold off on the drugs for a bit if he could. If he texted back he would be ignored. Darrell had really been flexing his muscles in his more legitimate business and even that was done under the table and never going to be claimed on taxes. People were stringing up their lights and their yard ornaments only to find that outlets they never really used were suddenly not working.

He snuck an egg roll, ready to satiate that gnawing hunger in his belly whether Kat was here or not. The water in the bathroom stopped running and he lifted a brow, sending waves of wrinkles across his forehead,
“That was quick.” he mused aloud and popped the other half of the roll into his mouth. Through the overzealous chewing and the crunch of the fried dough and delicious filling, Darrell thought he heard something unsettling and stopped, his mouth still comically full of food. Yep, he had heard right, Katerina was vomiting in the bathroom. Just explained to him all the more why the normally sensual woman wasn’t in the mood this evening, “Hmm,” swallowing down the rest of the egg roll he eyed the dog sprawled on the floor, Snake didn’t seem to have much interest in the Chinese bounty laid out upon the table. Next Darrell looked to the empty glass Kat had just chugged the orange juice from and stepped into his bedroom, turning the corner into the shared bathroom where he leaned in the doorway. She looked so helpless, naked in the floor, “Too much orange juice,” it wasn’t a question, it was a statement, and one Darrell felt was true, “and, you drank it a little too fast.” probably the most unhelpful thing he had said this evening but he made up for it by pulling down a towel and draping it across her shoulders. Hopefully they hadn’t just ordered all this food for Kat’s stomach to suddenly decide it was going on strike. She looked far better than she had in a long time, far from the skinny and sickly looking thing he had first seen in the trailer park and mistaken for a drug addict. So if she couldn't bring herself to eat tonight, at least he wouldn't worry so much about it.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 06:38 PM
Newcomer
Kat

She wasn’t a fan of vomiting. The pull of muscles, the gagging, the mess. Her eyes watered. The acidity in her mouth coated her tongue with a taste that would make orange juice undrinkable or the foreseeable future. In all honesty she intended to get up and return to her shower once the misery had passed. Katerina wasn’t certain what to make of it. She stared into the orange clumpy liquid with a mixture of annoyance and confusion. Darrell’s voice didn’t helpl matters. [i]"too much orange juice..and, you drank it a little too fast.”[i] The woman on the floor made a low growl. She wasn’t about to talk at that moment. Instead she spit a few times, clearing her pallet as best she could.

The soft fluffy fabric of a towel washed properly settled on Kat’s shoulders. It had taken time to cycle through all of them with fabric softener. It was worth it though. There was some comfort in the warmth. ”How’s your food?” The back of her throat burned and she coughed, wiping her mouth and flushing the toilet just to rid herself of the view. ”Good?” She needed a glass of water and another shower then bed. At this point she just wanted to let everything go and take time to re-cooperate.

Holding the towel around her shoulders, she leaned forward and spit again then got up shakily. Merry Christmas indeed. ”I’m going to wash the vomit off my face in the shower.” So done. Her knees were wobbly. ”Don’t.. forget to take a-” She gestured to the shower gloomily, tired of getting in and out of it.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 04:10 PM
Newcomer
Asa

She seemed aggravated with herself, or just the fact she had vomited. Darrell just knew he had done it himself a few times, came in from mowing the lawn, hot and sweaty and downed a whole glass of cold water only to either feel horrible afterward or throw up almost immediately.

After giving her a much needed towel she asked him how his food was, an odd question but the hopes of her joining him were dashed at this point. He seemed to recall coming home from Taco Bell that one evening, she wasn’t hungry and they ended up talking in the bathroom. Interesting things happened when fast food made its rare appearance at Darrell’s house,
“Delicious empty calories, I’ll be hungry again in two hours.” he laughed under his breath, but hoped he would be asleep by then and wouldn’t need to worry about being hungry.

She was still spitting into the toilet, Darrell figured he would be enjoying the rest of their food by himself, no problem, they would need some for tomorrow as well. He winced a bit at her misery,
“Could just wash off in the sink.” he suggested, she didn’t need the whole shower for that, the woman practically lived in there, “I think I’ll pass,” a dismissive hand was waved toward the shower, “ain’t too partial t’ cold water.” it would take some time for the hot water heater to replace all the heated water she had used in her three showers, Darrell wasn’t particularly interested in freezing to death, “Join me or go t’ bed, I’ll understand.” he was … really hungry. It was awkward but he managed to bend down and leave a light kiss to the top of her head, the strong smell of shampoo wafting into his nose.

OOC: I wrote this then forgot to post it!

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 04:17 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Now she needed to feel clean. The smell of her own vomit made every wet inch of her feel as if she were covered in it. Luckily it would be more of an ‘in and out’ shower instead of a true scrub down. “Could just wash off in the sink.” Was this really the time? ”No.” At some point he’d need a shower too. He should think about it. “I think I’ll pass, ain’t too partial t’ cold water.” As irritable as she was, Kat decided against moving the conversation any further. There would be flour on the sheets tonight whether she liked it or not.

Exhaling, she glanced at the shower with a plan. her plans were changing so quickly it was difficult to keep up, but this one was simple. “Join me or go t’ bed, I’ll understand.” Darrell’s lips gently kissed the top of her head, making her pause. ”I’ll be in bed then.” She murmured, glancing at him breifly. ”I’m worn out from work and I’m done with today.” Sighing, she reached out and washed her hands off then stepped into the shower. It was only about three seconds of water before she turned it off. Not even enough time for her boyfriend to get far.

This time she wasn’t going to be stopped from rest. She was so tired that for a moment she forgot what had gotten her out of bed to begin with. The memory made her pause., realizing she was technically celebrating Christmas this year. ”Merry Christmas, Baby.” She called, wandering into the bedroom and crawling into bed without bothering with clothes. ”See you in the morning.” She’d stay in bed until she was hungry then eat and go back to bed.

.. she still couldn’t believe there was a tree in their house.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll