February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

August is beyond hot, and the Town Council has called upon local businesses to help. Water Wars, Movies at the Lake, A Scavanger Hunt, a Mud Run, and even a Bikini Car Wash Party are cooling down the weekends in the summer heat.

Congratulations to Erin and Charlie Fox on finally saying 'I do'!

Did you read that they may have caught the Robert Lewis Murderer?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

So Many End-of-Summer Events!

Water Wars: Squirt Guns, Slip’n slides, wading pools, and fire trucks!

Movies at the Lake: NOW PLAYING Saturday: Finding Nemo, Ghost Busters Sunday: Little Mermaid, Independence Day

A Scavenger Hunt : For the Kids

A Mud Run: A Muddy Obstacle Course

Bikini Car Wash Party: It’s all in the title. We recommend the VIP pass.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

September 8th
The Activity Check is closed!

September 1st
September Announcements!.

September 1st
Activity Check Time!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Whiskey in Mind, TAG: Johnathan DiMario
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 12:56 PM
Townie
Jules

As the weather begins to warm up, it seems as if more and more things start to break. Basically, Wyatt had one of those days where he spent more time in his vehicle than inside of the building. He could hardly wait to go home and start enjoying the night ahead of him. Well, more like his muscles could hardly wait. Within moments of his bum landing upon the couch's cushions, Jack hopped up to greet him with licks and a tail wagging like crazy. Wyatt chuckled, as he managed to scratch behind Jack's ears in response. "You missed me too, huh bud?" he said and of course, his cheek got licked in response. Another chuckle slipped from his lips.

He sat there for a few minutes, as Jack slowly began to settle down and laid his furry head upon Wyatt's lap. Now that Wyatt's back home, safe and sound, Jack can fully relax.

And so, he shall..at least for now..

Wyatt tried flipping through the channels on the TV; there wasn't much success. Sure, a few things were intriguing...but his attention didn't hold. Why? Perhaps he needs a drink? With the idea in mind, he kicked the reluctant Jack off of his lap and he moved towards where he keeps his liquors. As he began looking at them, something came to him. A feeling of..restless. Like he wanted to do more than just drink. While at work, he was looking forward to going home. Now that he is home, it seems not as appealing. Not anymore. He took a step back, staring at his liquors, and let out a breath. Jack watched from his spot on the couch, as Wyatt debated what to do next. He was getting a little thirsty, but drinking at home...it's been a regular routine of his for a while now.

Perhaps he should change it up? Maybe.

With his mind set on a new course, Wyatt shifted gears and headed off to the bathroom. He was in need of a hot shower, especially after the day he had. After 10-15 minutes, he emerged from the steamy bathroom and finished drying off. Time to change into something simple and comfy, before heading out for a drink. Once that was done, Wyatt grabbed a quick bite to eat and said goodbye to Jack (who gave him a look that said "leaving so soon?").

He promised he would be home before too late in the night and then, he was off..

It didn't take him very long to reach Old Rose Tavern. He had been there a few times before, although it was in sporadic intervals. Perhaps he would see his acquaintance Alex there tonight? She was a bartender there, right? Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Either way, it wasn't going to ruin his night. Once he got up to the bar, he claimed a stool and ordered himself a round of whiskey on the rocks.

Click here for Wyatt's attire.

OOC: Anyone care to join him?
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 11:26 AM
Stranger
Zed

The sound of typing resonated in the back office, following by the churn and spin of the receipt spool has we went through the billings, and daily profits. Eyes were keenly focused on the numbers as he jotted down totals and went though other bills, a lot went into running a bar, rags, ice, liquors, beers both imported and domestic. Then there was payroll but in this instance John could only see profit opening the invoices on the computer he set out to pay the bills online and when it was all said and done the end result only left him smiling.

Standing up he undid his cuff links and set them on his desk before rolling up his sleeves, tucking them tightly above the elbow. Dressed now in a white dressed shirt, red tie, black vest and black slacks and oxfords and them put on the half apron and went upstairs to the store room were he had a couple of guys off loading kegs of beer, and crates of wine and liquor from the truck. Moving into the front. He gave the bartender a break and walked behind the bar looking at the patrons sitting and being ready to be served, a few beer here, a occasional glass of wine there.

He finger combed back his hair enough to use a rubber band and fasten it into a ponytail, washing his hands and inspecting his nails before getting to work. He busied himself with the part, polishing a shot glass when the man came up and ordered a proper drink smirking and grabbing the bottle of Jameson. Scooping a few cubes into the glass and pouring a helping of whiskey into the glass, he then set down a paper coaster and set the glass on top of it and inched forward in front of him.

"Here you go pal." John said, "That'll be five, what brings you here tonight... woes, celebration or general boredom?" John asked to maintain conversation, building a certain rapport.
PM
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 07:06 PM
Townie
Jules

Wyatt cracked a half-smile, spotting the man's smirk when he ordered his whiskey on the rocks. Was he amused or impressed? Probably. Most of the younger folk tend to like their spirits mixed in cocktails. Wyatt does enjoy the occasional old-fashioned or going the easy route and mix it with some soda, but in the end..he enjoys whiskey in its simplest form.

A minute or two passes on by, as the man made his drink and then inched it toward him on a paper coaster. "Here you go pal." Wyatt's half-smile grew a bit bigger, as he moved to pick it up with one hand and started to pull out his wallet with the other. "That'll be five, what brings you here tonight... woes, celebration or general boredom?" As the man asked him what it was that brought him here, he brought the glass up to his lips and took a small sip. He savored the sip in his mouth, as he set it back down on the coaster and then pulled out a $10. As he swallowed the sip, he replied to the man with "General boredom..well, in a way, I guess. I got home after a long day and....got this feeling of restlessness. Like I should be tired and yet, I'm not. Does that make sense?"

He hoped that he was making some sort of sense.

Wyatt didn't want to sound weird or seem like he had enough to drink already, that wouldn't be a good start to his night. Once he got his change back from the man, Wyatt tucked his wallet away after taking about $3 and leaving $2 for tip.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:03 PM
Stranger
Zed

Taking the the ten he took a few steps to the cash register, placing it in and returning five singles to him, to get back two dollars and soon enough place it it in the tip jar as he gave a nod to the man. "Thank you sir." He said cordially as he picked up the shot glasses, polishing them with a clean bar towel and setting them on the nearby rack as he listened and nodded. "Of course, it is a feeling shared by many after a long day I surmise it goes back to the days of old when men toiled in fields and general labor only to live today and sit and work for long hours without truly tiring. It leaves the spirit wanting a form of exhaustion."

It made perfect sense to John, he worked fourteen hour days but still laid in bed for a few hours at the end of it all, with his mind reeling like a movie thinking deep in speculation of the next day of the next hours and of the future. "What is it you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?" John asked looking over at the man who walked in and and walked behind the bar, dropping an envelope into the coy little suggestion box behind the bar looking to John and giving him a humble nod before walking out. John barely acknowledged the man before looking back to Wyatt.

PM
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 08:16 AM
Townie
Jules

The man behind the bar seemed to appreciate the tip. He slipped it into the tip jar, as he gave a nod to Wyatt. "Thank you sir." Wyatt nodded his head slightly. He had always tried to tip well, wherever he went. If the service was bad, however...it was still a gamble. If it wasn't their fault, like the restaurant was packed or if they were new to this, Wyatt would leave something for a tip. But if it was their fault or they were just rude in general, then Wyatt wouldn't be so inclined. The man's voice interrupted his train of thought and he looked up, as he took a sip. "Of course, it is a feeling shared by many after a long day I surmise it goes back to the days of old when men toiled in fields and general labor only to live today and sit and work for long hours without truly tiring. It leaves the spirit wanting a form of exhaustion." Wyatt cracked a smile, he could understand the idea of it. This wouldn't be the first time that he felt it in his work. It wouldn't be the last time, either.

He liked working with his hands, no matter what, so it was worth it in the end.

"What is it you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?" Movement could be seen out of the corner of Wyatt's eye, but his main focus was on the man and the question he had asked. "I'm a handyman through Plum Street Hardware. Whenever they get a house call, I'm the one they send out to take care of it." he responded, still cracking a smile. A moment came and went.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 12:16 PM
Stranger
Zed

John actually disdained the idea of tipping, it was why he raised the bartenders and waitresses pay to reflect the work they did. He didn't want anyone working for him to "rely" on tips to get by, they could rely on their work and pay and the tips could be a bonus. They worked hard, they worked long and deserved proper pay and not the beans that most owners decided was good enough to dish out because some labor union supported it.

But John's question of what the man did for a living came out and soon was answered, he was a Handyman, it was a honest job and was honest work, hard work John could somewhat respect that. "Good on your my friend, you have a card I may have need of a handy man here if something in the Tavern calls for it." John said truthfully, he and his boys couldn't fix shit if anything broke so it was good to have someone on call in case something broke.

Honestly with John's line of work, things broke frequently and while he and the boys could clean things up, fixing them was an entirely different matter, a different beast that wasn't quite the same. Broken doors, bar stools, windows, tables, they either had to be fixed or replaced, fixed was the cheaper alternative.
PM
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 01:18 PM
Townie
Jules

Wyatt had always enjoyed working with his hands, whether it's creating something out of nothing or fixing something that has been broken. It's been a worthwhile venture for him, so far. When it comes to fixing himself, however, he's been a bit slow in that progress. Serving his country has had its effect on him and now, loud noises out of nowhere could ruin his mood. Jack's been quite supportive in that endeavor, though, staying by his side until he's satisfied with Wyatt's well-being.

He has been grateful for the companionship..

The man's question about his work shifted the conversation along and Wyatt answered truthfully. He's not ashamed about being a handyman, it's honest work after all. A moment or two came and went. "Good on your my friend, you have a card I may have need of a handy man here if something in the Tavern calls for it." Wyatt slightly nodded, taking in the man's words. For the most part, Wyatt's been contacted through the hardware store...although he does have cards available, in case the phone line at the store is busy or closed. He has had a few emergency calls before, so you can say that they come in...handy.

As he was moving to reach for his wallet, Wyatt said "Well the main way is to call the store and they send me out, but..I do have a card.." As soon as he had his wallet in hand, Wyatt opened it up to pull out one of his cards for the man. It was a simple design, with the essential info listed on the front. "Here you are." he added, as he slid it over to the man behind the bar.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll