February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Book Buying, Tag: Seraphim Drake
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 10:44 AM
Townie
Shade

Andie loved taking her daughter to the book store. She loved that Diana was already getting into reading like she was at five years old. She wasn't an accomplished reader by any means, but she had learned to read on a level that a lot of other children her age hadn't. She took a lot of pride in that.

Andie stood over at the children's section and looked over some books with Diana. She smiled as Diana picked a few out.

"Oh, Dr. Seuss is a good choice," she said. "How about some Disney books?"

"Here's one with Elsa and Anna," said Diana. "And one with Ariel." She then picked up another. "Mommy, who's this?"

"Oh that's Meg from Hercules," chuckled Andie.

"Who is Hercules?"

"Oh, that's right, you haven't seen that one yet. We'll have to see if they have it on Netflix." Andie didn't want Diana in front of the TV too often, and definitely monitored what her daughter watched, but it was nice to watch a fandom movie with her now and then.

Soon, Diana had what she wanted and put them in the basket in Andie's right hand.

"Okay, I'm going to go look in the general fiction section, and then we'll go get lunch," she said. "Sound good?" Diana smiled and nodded.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 01:28 PM
Townie
Jaya

Visiting a friend was one of Seraphim’s favorite ways to spend some time. On this day she got off from work in time to go home, change, and visit one such friend. Unfortunately when she arrived at Looseleaf she quickly determined that the person she wanted to see was not there. Well, maybe she had the day off, or maybe she’d had to leave early. Maybe she had a doctor’s appointment? There were any number of things that could take a person away from work, and Sera didn’t find it necessary to fret over that. She had a while yet before she needed to pick Lainey up from day care. Things at the local child care were… messy. What with the storm damage taking out a chunk of the yard. Seraphim knew the kids were being kept inside, but she preferred that.

Being inside after a storm might make some people restless, but Seraphim wanted people to be safe. So even though her friend wasn’t present, Seraphim was staying inside. She’d ordered a caramel tea and was browsing fiction titles. She wanted to read something to Lainey later on, but she also wanted a couple of books for herself. It was difficult, finding a proper fiction title. She didn’t want a series of seventeen names, or a young adult story, or JK Rowling, or RR Martin, or romance. To remedy this, Seraphim found herself reading the back descriptions of book after book.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 05:30 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie stepped over to the general fiction section. While she usually was in to sci-fi and fantasy, she had an urge to check out the new John Green book, Turtles All the Way Down. She had enjoyed pretty much everything she had read by him- The Fault In Our Stars, Looking For Alaska, and Paper Towns, so she assumed this one would be good too. She also saw that the third book in Jojo Moyes' Me Before You Trilogy, Still Me had been released some time back. She loved the first two books, and hadn't even realized a third was coming out. Wow, she needed to catch up. She had been so hooked on Shadowhunters and the stuff Rick Riordan was putting out to keep track of the real life-based fiction releases.

"Is that book about the Ninja Turtles, Mommy?" asked Diana when she saw the new John Green one.

"I don't think so, sweet... oh, watch out," said Andie. Diana was eyeing the books Andie was getting and didn't see the woman near them. The little girl stopped in time to avoid a collision.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am," said Diana politely.

"Yes, sorry about that," smiled Andie at the woman. "I think Diana's a bit excited about our new books."

PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 07:42 PM
Townie
Jaya

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine looked pretty interesting, and she supposed Little Fires Everywhere might work. She had picked them up and was wondering if she ought to just go ahead and purchase them both. They were book, and she had the money to try it, so why not? It wasn’t like they would take up a lot of space if she ended up not very enthralled. She needed to get into reading more. Maybe audio books would be better, but she preferred using her eyes. She could knit if she got audio books but… that could be for something else.

Seraphim was sufficiently distracted when a little girl nearly walked into her. Fortunately the child’s mother, apparently Diana, noticed first. The girl apologized.

Oh, no problem. Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention either,” Seraphim suggested with a smile and a sigh, “Don’t worry about. I’m trying to pick some books myself. Do you have an eye on anything?” It was probably a strange thing to ask a stranger, but Seraphim wasn’t really shy, and she was in the mood to broaden her horizons. “But don’t let me delay,” she added, hoping she wasn’t going to impose on the pair of them, “Just trying to pick.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 09:24 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie was relieved that the woman was okay with the near-collision. It was sad, but a number of people Andie and Diana had encountered acted irritated with her daughter. There were times when Andie had to say a few words to them. Again, this woman seemed very nice though.

Andie was then asked if she had her eye on anything.

"Oh, just trying to take a break from the realm of fantasy and sci-fi and get back into some real life-based fiction. Checker out the new books by John Green and Jojo Moyes. Amazing writers."

"Mommy got me some Disney books too," said Diana. "I'm going to learn about Hercules and Meg, and then we're going to watch the movie."

"Girl's got it all planned out," chuckled Andie. She then waved the woman off when she felt she was delaying. "Oh, you're not delaying at all." Andie offered her hand. "Andie, nice to meet you, and, as I said, this is Diana."

"Nice to meet you," smiled Diana. Andie then looked over and beamed when she noticed another book.

"Oh, there's Everything, Everything," she said. "Someone at my shop recommended that to me the other day. I spend way too much money at this store."
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 10:57 PM
Townie
Jaya

Seraphim had liked children for her entire life, whether they were a bit older than her, or a bit younger. Whether she was a teenager watching the cute little kids with bambi legs starting their skating lessons, a college student looking forward to having her own someday, or now when she had one and had the unfortunate position of wondering if she would ever have any more. She was fine with Lainey if that was all she had, but it wasn’t what she’d planned. Life wasn’t what you planned.

The mother and her daughter seemed friendly though. Apparently the woman liked the fantasy side of things. Fantasy and sci-fi, so basically future fantasy. She mentioned a name that Seraphim knew, but had never read from, and one she did not know. She decided that she would look them both up more closely when she was home. “Have you read a lot by them then?

The little girl was speaking and Seraphim stopped, not wanting to talk over her. She smiled, “Disney is very good.” The girls were introduced. Andie and Diana. “Very nice to meet you both. I’m Seraphim.” She looked at them both in turn. She liked the name Diana especially.

Everything, Everything. “That sounds… familiar, but I’m not sure why. I’ll check that out too. Oh, what shop do you have?” They didn’t seem to mind conversation, so Sera was happy to oblige, especially if she could learn about a shop she may not have gone in. Surely she would recognize if the woman was an owner, right?

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 11:29 AM
Townie
Shade

Andie loved talking novels. She was a huge comics geek, and loved talking comics at the shop all day, but getting to talk novels was a nice change. She was glad she had somewhere here to do so with.

"I've read pretty much everything John Green wrote alone aside from this one," she said, showing her copy of Turtles All The Way Down. "I need to get onto some of the stuff he co-wrote, but my reading list is already piling high. As for Jojo Moyes, I've just read Me Before You and After You. Still Me here is the third in the Trilogy. Again, they're both tremendous writers."

Diana smiled at the woman's name.

"That's really pretty," she said.

"It is a pretty name," said Andie.

Andie was then asked about her shop. Andie was not arrogant at all, but she did have a lot of pride over the shop she and her late husband started, and loved talking about it.

"I run Excalibur Comics on Plum Avenue," she said. "My husband and I opened it up a few years ago. Diana here will always be my best girl, but the shop is sort of like my baby as well."
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 11:06 PM
Townie
Jaya

Seraphim liked novels, but she did not give herself very much time to read to them. Being a single mother could have a hefty impact on her free time. On top of working, working out, and teaching Lainey to ice skate. A schedule could be filled so quickly, and it seemed like constant effort to do things for herself and only for herself. It had been easier when she had Cooper, even though those things were more done with him. Adult life was just easier with a partner. That was no surprise.

Maybe this was why she was so easily engaged in a conversation with a stranger and her daughter. She could use a break from her routine. Apparently Andie was quite well versed in the works of John Green, and apparently he also co-wrote various novels. Seraphim wondered idly how that process worked. Co-writing. Did you brainstorm? Did you alternate? She’d never tried to write a novel though, and so it was all a bit beyond her scope of understanding.

She nodded, “You seem quite well read.” Mother and daughter commented that Seraphim’s name was pretty. “Oh, thank you. Its… an angel, basically.

On to the topic of Andie’s shop, she ran a comic book shop on Plum. Avenue. Sera chuckled. “I’m guessing you didn’t get too involved in the ‘Plum Avenue’ vs. ‘Plum Street’ debate then? But that’s nice. Its good to job your shop. I work at Gertie’s as a waitress. I love it, but I certainly don’t own it. I’ll have to check out the comic book shop sometime.” Even if comics were not her thing. She could probably find something there, right? A one shot ideally.

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 08:15 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie smiled about being well read.

"Well, I've always been a good bit of a book geek," she said. "My parents got me into them early on, and I wanted to do the same for Diana here. She loves reading, so I guess I've done my job."

Diana smiled about the woman's name being the name of an angel.

"Well, that makes sense because you're pretty like an angel," said Diana. The kid surprised Andie at times. She wondered where Diana picked up some of her lines.

Andie chuckled about the debate thing. She had heard of it, but definitely didn't get into it.

"I've heard my good share of it, but no... never put much thought into it myself," she said. Andie then raised an eyebrow when Seraphim said she worked at Gertie's Cafe. "You know, I think I've seen you there. Diana go there now and then to grab a veggie burger. We really like them." She then smiled about Seraphim coming by the shop. "I'd like that. Always happy to have new customers."

"I like the lemonade at Gertie's," said Diana. "It's not sour like the lemonade I drink at other places. Do you help make the lemonade, Ms. Seraphim?"
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 03:47 PM
Townie
Jaya

It was nice to see that Andie was getting her daughter involved in reading early. Not that Sera could guess an exact age on the girl, but she seemed like she was ahead of the curve? Of maybe Seraphim just thought she looked younger than her actual age. Either way it was good to be well read. “You can have lots of adventures that way then.

Seraphim chuckled when she was told that she was pretty like an angel. Kids were cute, even when they weren’t sweet. This was sweet though. “Thank you, that’s very kind.” It would have come off as a cheesy pickup line from anyone over sixteen or so, but from a little girl, it was just cute. Intention made the difference.

Andie and her shop didn’t bother with the street name debate. Of course you had to pick a side, even if you didn’t care. That was just how it happened when you had one name or the other. Not that you had to care that someone else minded. She just seemed to go with the actual written address. “That’s fair.” Apparently they, or Andie, were vegetarians. That was the only time Sera had heard of anyone getting a veggie burger. Most people didn’t though, “Right. I see a lot of people. I’ll recognize you if you come in again though. I usually do when I‘m at work.” Another small chuckle, “Well, I’ve made it a few times, but not usually. I tend to just make the coffee. Do you like sweet things then?

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 07:21 PM
Townie
Shade

Andie smiled when Seraphim spoke of the adventures Diana would have in reading.

"She's got a very big imagination," said Andie. "And I hope it will only get bigger."

Diana smiled when the woman said her words were kind and thanked her.

"You're welcome," she said. Andie went into proud mommy mode yet again at Diana's manners.

Andie smiled about Seraphim saying she'd recognize Andie and Diana when they came in again.

"Likewise," she said. "Though I hope we can see you outside of the cafe again. It's always nice to make friends here." Andie was a very social person, and loved meeting people, regardless of their background or walk of life... well as long as they weren't hateful. Andie drew the line at any form of prejudice, but that did not seem the case with Seraphim.

Diana nodded about liking sweet things.

"I like fruits that are sweet," she said. "I really like oranges and grapes... well except the really sour grapes. They taste weird. Mommy gets the really good grapes though."

"She also likes strawberry muffins from the bakery near the shop," said Andie. "She's always asking me to get her one." Diana let out a little giggle at that.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 09:37 PM
Townie
Jaya

I have a little girl, several years younger than you are, I hope she likes reading as much as you do when she is your age,” Seraphim informed the little girl, after her mother remarked on her vast imagination. Sera was mostly inspired feeling on the ice, but there was definitely something great about being lost in fiction. In the creations of other people. There were so many forms of media, so many ways to take that in. It was educational, among other things, and truly opened a person up to so many more horizons.

Seraphim was generally on the open and accepting side. She knew some prejudice was good though. Not most, but there were some universally accepted wrongs that people were negative toward without having the personal experience to back them up. That being said, she was really too accepting. Accepting of people who wronged others, of people who wronged her. There was a line that most people drew, and Seraphim was not very good at actually stopping before that point.

Sure. I will say hello when I check out your shop.” She would have more of an opinion after a second meeting, and possibly she could bring Lainey in some time, but certainly not the first time. “Of course. Friends are one of the best thing you can have.” Friends and family, and Seraphim’s family was quite limited.

Mmm, I like the bakery too. I really like caramel treats. Pretty much anything with caramel, actually. Have you had caramel cookies?

--------------------
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 06:07 PM
Townie
Shade

Diana beamed when she heard that Seraphim had a little girl as well, and that she hoped the girl liked to read.

"I think she will," said Diana. "Because you like to read, and she'll see that want to read to."

"Can't argue with that logic," smiled Andie. "I'm sure she will find joy in it as her mother does."

Andie nodded as the woman said that she would say hello when she stopped by the shop, and smiled when the woman spoke of friends and how they're one of the best things you could have.

"I went through a hard time some years ago with the passing of my husband, Stan, and I was grateful for having friends there, along with my daughter here of course."
Andie then took a deep breath. "Sorry, I didn't mean to dampen the mood. I tend to just talk about my husband a lot. It's gotten easier the past few months."

Diana shook her head about the caramel cookies.

"They sound really yummy though," she said. She then looked at Andie. "Can we try the caramel cookies next time, Mommy?"

"I don't see why not,"
said Andie. "Thank you for the recommendation, Seraphim."

"Thank you, Seraphim," smiled Diana.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 10:18 PM
Townie
Jaya

It was certainly too early to know if Lainey would be an avid reader, but Seraphim could hold onto that hope for the future easily enough. Diana put her two cents in to Sera’s optimism, earning a small chuckle and a smile. “If she does, maybe she will be as well spoken as you are. That would be lovely.” Diana did seem exceptionally well spoken, and that was quite the contrast with Lainey. Seraphim didn’t know that her daughter talked any less than other children her age, but she certainly didn’t say a lot. It was not for lack of peers or lack of stimulus. She just preferred her limited vocabulary. Seraphim didn’t have older kids to know if she should worry. It was probably fine. Still, Diana seemed like a clever girl.

I do try to read to her,” Seraphim agreed.

Seraphim nodded at the mention of the late Stan. Her mind did not bother to connect Stan and comics, too busy feeling sympathetic grief. Death was definitely not something Seraphim took lightly. She had never lost a lover to that circumstance, but she had lost a others. She frowned, but didn’t try to over-react. The woman probably did not want anyone to just start fretting. She nodded after Andie apologized. “Oh, that’s no trouble. I understand. And yes, friends will make the worst moments better.” Without them, Sera wouldn’t have a single thing in the world now.

Onto the lighter subject of caramel cookies, she seemed to know her audience. A smile. “Hopefully I’m in when you come to try them out.” She looked at her books. She considered excusing herself for the moment, but did not wish to make it seem like she was doing so out of discomfort. “They are especially good around… 4PM, that’s when a new batch of cookies gets made actually. To put in the front display.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply