February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Not What It Looks Like, Alec Aldana
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 02:13 PM
Townie
Jen

"A pity really. I was so close to suggesting… hm. What do you call them? A one-night-stand." Usually, a comment like that and a look over would earn someone a good time with Alec, but this was Rhys, so the comment was met with a confused look from him, even if it was sarcastic. He assumed Rhys would never say something like that. Did the man even know what sex was? Well, he knew everything, but he probably didn’t think about sex the way Alec thought about it.

“Did someone slip you something at the strip joint when I wasn’t looking?” He chuckled. Alec hadn’t gotten high in a while, so he was sure he heard Rhys right, but…it was Rhys. He had already surprised Alec once this night by even standing near a strip club, but that ended up being an accident. What was this? Was he actually talking to some complete stranger who might turn out to be an evil twin that no one knew about? Psh, yeah right.

The thought of a one night stand with Rhys was interesting… but it wouldn’t work out anyway. Rhys was his friend and Alec knew damn well that once he had sex with someone, that was pretty much it. They could have sex multiple times, but after the first he just wasn’t interested in getting to know them anymore and he didn’t want that with Rhys.

Ugh, why was he taking this so seriously? It wasn’t even a real suggestion, just some weird, sarcastic, and totally out-of-character comment. He had to move onto another subject.

"A true best friend would hardly go around gossiping my secrets." “So you admit we’re best friends? I knew it," Alec joked, playfully nudging the other with his elbow. Fine, he wouldn’t tell Cece, but it’s not like the girl cared that much anyway if it wasn’t for the $5. Rhys was still a teacher, and teenagers rarely considered them worth thinking about anyway.

"I was on my way to a colleague's home, unfortunately, I got a bit turned around." “Is it on the way to my place? We can walk together." He seemed to forget that Rhys had never actually been to his apartment, but they ran into each other a lot in the same areas, so he must have some idea of where it was.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 11:18 PM
Stranger
Ry

Theo liked sarcasm. He didn’t know how Rhys felt about it but was aware that some could mistake the tone for rude on occasion. It hadn’t stopped him from incorporating it though. No, it was reflexive for him to say such things from time to time and he hadn’t time to filter if it was something the mysterious Rhys would say. Apparently, it was out of character because Alec asked if he’d been slipped something at the club.

He blinked at the other, offended at the idea that someone could slip something like that past him. ”Certainly not.” The usual stiffness back in his voice. Alec was content to drop the issue after that which was fine by him. He hadn’t really meant to accompany the man to bed for a fling, it was not his style. Hm. No, Theo preferred the bedroom company of people he knew well and to date had only found one man suitable enough to get physical with. That, however, would stay confidential even if Alec did decide to pry at the issue more.

Alec didn’t seem overly interested in prying more there either and focused instead on the mention of them being best friends. ”Did I?” Hm. ”I simply mentioned it that a best friend would not tell their friends business.” A shrug punctuated his statement. ”Infer what you will from it.” Theo had never had anyone he would consider a ‘best friend’, he’d never seen the need for such connections.

Brice was the closest he had but he had trouble labeling the man and generally decided he was a comfort more than anything else. He didn’t like to discuss it and accepted Alec’s question as a distraction from where his thoughts were headed. Speaking of direction; could they walk together? ”I’m going to the east housing district.” He would let Alec decide if it were on his way or not because he, honestly, had no clue.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:24 PM
Townie
Jen

”Certainly not.” Okay, so maybe it was Rhys. He was starting to sound more like his usual, lovable stick-in-the-mud self. The man was so shocked that Alec assumed he thought being slipped something was unthinkable, but had Rhys ever seen a drug in his life? Only one way to find out. “Have you ever even been high?” He assumed that if the answer was a ‘yes’ it would’ve been by accident. “I can hook you up if not,” he joked.

Rhys then said that he was just pointing out what a best friend wouldn’t do, not actually calling Alec his best friend. “Come on, who else could be your best friend?” He teased. He could probably count on his hands the number of times he’d seen Rhys talking to someone else and most of those times were Cece. He’d only actually seen Cece once though, and Alec doubted that she approached him in school. Not that a 15-year-old was likely to be a 26-year-old’s best friend in the first place anyway.

“Cool, I’ll walk you halfway then,” he said as Rhys mentioned he would be going to East. Alec didn’t have the best sense of direction, but he was pretty sure West wasn’t too far from there. “Who are you visiting? Your other ‘best friend’?” He joked. Rhys said he was visiting a colleague, but what kind of business were they up to at these hours? And how the hell did he get lost all the way in South Lochland if he was going to East? They weren’t questions Alec really cared about at this point though, so he dropped them.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 09:19 PM
Stranger
Ry

He would have been mildly offended had he known that anyone considered him a stick-in-the-mud. Even if Alec believed that he was Rhys, Theo had changed nothing about his personality since having met the bartender and would have taken the mark somewhat personally. His behavior was composed and professional and while he could see where that would have equated to being 'tame', he failed to see the connection to boring. Hm. No, he did things that a wide range of people would turn up their noses at. Not that he would have confessed that to Alec though.

The other man was full of questions, true to what he'd said when they had met, and fired off another inquiry as to whether he had ever been high or not. Hm. More accurately, had Rhys ever been high? If not, evidently, the man had connections. As a matter of fact, Theo had been high before and partook somewhat regularly but he was picky about his supply and liked to know the strands he smoked. Was that something he was going to share with Alec? "I'm sure I could find my own supplier if I were curious. However, your concern is appreciated." The whole thing just reminded him that he would need to find a dealer near here.

"Come on, who else could be your best friend?" Theo didn't even pause to consider the question and pushed his glasses higher onto his nose as he answered. "Why would I need a best friend?" He hardly thought that he did but he was almost certain that Alec would give him at least one reason, at least if they'd be walking together he would. "Cool, I'll walk you halfway then."

"Splendid." He replied dryly, his stride keeping a steady pace. "Who are you visiting? Your other 'best friend'?" Hm. The joking tone had gone over Theo's head and he wondered if Ale was being a bit possessive. "Possibly." He offered no further information because there wasn't more to include, and instead directed a question at his company. "What if I am?"

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 03:14 PM
Townie
Jen

"I'm sure I could find my own supplier if I were curious. However, your concern is appreciated." “Well, I know the best one so you’d totally be missing out. I mean, she just sells edibles, but good ones. They aren’t your mother’s pot brownies,” he joked. Indeed, the illegitimate business being run out of a legitimate bakery was now selling classier edibles like macaroons and some odd things like lemonade. Still, even if it took longer to get high, Alec found it was a much better alternative to smoking because some people tended to break out once they did it too much. He didn’t know whether he was one of the people prone to it, but he sure as hell wasn’t about to find out. His skin needed to stay flawless damn it.

"Why would I need a best friend?” Alec would ask the same, but he liked to take the opposite position sometimes, just for the hell of it, and he’d brought it up in the first place so now he was committed to calling himself Rhys’ best friend. “Oh, I don’t know…” he said sarcastically, “maybe so you don’t almost die of Malaria again?” Not that he wanted to throw that in Rhys’ face, but it was an entirely valid reason to have a best friend. God, Alec was a blessing, even if Rhys hadn’t realized it at the time. Okay, so maybe Alec was also full of himself, but still.

"What if I am?" Alec shrugged. There’s nothing he could do about that. Sure, he could be possessive…really possessive, but there was no reason to be jealous of Rhys having other friends. They weren’t really that close anyway…although he would admittedly be a bit jealous if Rhys had friends he hung out with outside of the library, which is where he and Alec usually hung out. That or the coffee shop. Otherwise they didn’t even see each other much.

“As long as I’m still the best friend you’re taking to the Versace thing, it doesn’t matter,” he joked, but actually kind of meant it. Hey, those plans were made and Alec was really looking forward to flirting it up with some older rich men, oh and spending time with Rhys of course, but mostly getting spoiled by the older rich men.
PM
^
Theo Elliot
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 02:42 AM
Stranger
Ry

Edibles. Hm. It was a curiosity that Theo had yet to explore but not for lack of opportunity. Making marijuana butter was a skilled process that required a lot of product and didn't always offer the same stimulating high as traditional smoking methods. He simply shrugged at the other and chose not to comment. His preferences for getting high weren't any of Alec's concern and he figured it was a safe enough bet that Rhys wasn't the type who would partake of recreational drugs anyway. Although, at the current moment Rhys was whoever he wanted him to be. It was an interesting sense of power if he were being honest. Fortunately, he was not so inclined as to smear the other man's name. Doing so would have required time he wasn't interested in investing.

Focusing on the necessity of a best friend was a decent enough distraction and one that he had never personally seen. "Oh, I don't know… maybe so you don't almost die of Malaria again?" Apparently, he'd had Malaria, lovely. "That sounds more like a reason to have a physician." He pointed out blandly. Being unaware of the actual situation he could hardly comment on the details of what happened but he was certain that a doctor would have been better in such a case. Hm. Unless the bartender had some medical knowhow that he hadn't yet revealed to Theo.

He had wondered what Alec's reaction would be if he thought his supposed best friend Rhys was visiting another best friend. "As long as I'm still the best friend you're taking to the Versace thing, it doesn't matter." Hm. Theo's steps paused momentarily as he cocked his head and cast a somewhat puzzled glance at the other man. The comment built up some suspicions in his mind but the pause only lasted a few long seconds before his stride resumed and that vague expression returned. "We'll see." Again, he spoke more for the sake of measuring the other's reaction. If Alec were only in this for the 'Versace thing' then he was likely doing Rhys a favor.

--------------------
PM
^
Alec Aldana
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 10:35 PM
Townie
Jen

”That sounds more like a reason to have a physician.” ”And yet you didn’t call yours, did you?” He shot back. Actually, Rhys didn’t call anyone, not even family. “I hope you gave Leslie a raise for coming to find me,” he snorted. He was surprised Rhys hadn’t fired her actually. He simply took it all out on Alec…Yeah, he was still kind of salty about that, but the Cachaça somewhat made up for it, and Alec had a possible former criminal pick his lock, so they were even.

He then frowned when Theo simple said they’ll see. He wasn’t thrilled that his spot as Rhys’ plus-one might be up for grabs, but he couldn’t exactly force himself into Rhys’ suitcase. There was still just an inkling of jealousy in Alec though. He wanted to spend more time with Rhys and actually get to know him. What better opportunity would he have for that than to take a trip to the Versace thing? Okay, so maybe finding a couple of sugar daddies was a more important reason, but still, that didn’t mean he didn’t care about hanging out with the other. It’s just that Rhys was a tough nut to crack. Every time he thought they were making some progress, it seemed Rhys needed more space. So much for being best friends.

Alec wasn’t about to wear his heart on his sleeve though, so none of this was addressed. He simply let the subject drop and started talking about something else, mainly prodding Rhys with simple questions to fill silence until they went their separate ways.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll