February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

'Tis the season, Michelle Cordero
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 07:51 PM
Newcomer
Mara

"Hmm, good question..." Michelle couldn't remember exactly when her newest niece had been born and pulled out her phone to double-check the date. A few taps and scrolls later, "She was born June 10th... so just over five months." It was hard sometimes being so far away from family and missing a lot of important events. Skype and FaceTime helped, and so she had seen Allison, but it wouldn't be until after Christmas that she would meet the newest Cordero in person.

Having found the baby clothes, she and Kieran started browsing. She focused on the onesies. Little ones rarely needed dressing up, especially since this was Daniel's child. David was a bit of the flashier one of her two older brothers. And while Allison likely could wear some hand-me-downs from her older sisters, it was nice to have a few newer things. Every baby could use some versatile onesies, she felt, so that's what she had gravitated to on the racks.

She smiled as Kieran was amazed that his own daughter had ever worn such small clothes. Kids did grow up so fast. Another disadvantage of her being up in Connecticut; it seemed every time she did visit, all her nephews and nieces had grown an inch or more. And in a few cases were almost unrecognizable. "I know," she agreed, though she hadn't seen Grace when she was that age. "But for the sake of mothers, it's a good thing they aren't as big as toddlers at the start." Michelle laughed.

At the bright green onesie he pulled out to show her, she squinted a bit. Not at the brightness, but in imagining Allison in it. "If it were Daniel's, I might be able to get away with him. He and his wife are a bit more daring. David's family is more conservative though, and I don't think something so lurid would go over well." Michelle grinned. "Especially for a little girl."

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 05:30 AM
Local
Natalie

So Michelle's newest niece was just five months, and born in June. "A June baby. Like my Grace" he smiled, she was a summer baby. So was he, although his birthday was in August. Perhaps that was why he always preferred the summer months. Winter was no doubt going to drag on again for what seemed like eternity. Though he was learning not to start wishing his life away, time just seemed to fly by, even more so now that he had a child. It was all very scary!

Grace had always had brand new clothes, though that was mainly because there were no other children in his family and well... he wasn't close enough to anyone that had kids. He felt a bit bad about that sometimes because it was hard to introduce Grace to other children her age. He made sure she went to the local daycare centre at least once a week for a few hours because then she could mix with the other children and form some kind of friendships at least. He owed her that, he didn't want her ending up like him later in life. He chuckled at Michelle's comment, "Oh hell no, that'd be a sure way of putting women off having children" he grinned, though in his own experience he thought the mother of his child had done the easy part. Given birth and then fucked off. He'd done everything. But that had been his decision and a decision he had never regretted, despite how hard it had been.

Kieran was smirking as he looked at the bright green onesie, knowing that he would never have put Grace in something like that. "At least you'd never lose her wearing something like that. She'd stand out a mile away" he laughed and quickly put it away, wondering who would end up buying it. It'd probably end up in next year's sales rack. He continued to look, being a bit more serious this time, "Well these ones are a bit more... normal" he said, not that you could ever define 'normal'. The ones he was looking at currently were just plain white with a variety of different embroidered animals. The kind of thing he would have bought for Grace when she'd been that small.

--------------------
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 09:33 PM
Newcomer
Mara

"Definitely," she smiled back. Though, if she were entirely honest, Michelle would probably still do it, even if she knew she was birthing a 20-pound toddler and it would have to be C-section and not completely natural. Lately she had been feeling the pain of her loss more vividly, probably attributed to her ex's reappearance and their most recent conversation. Coupled with having passed by yet another birthday, her advancing age, and her bio clock was so much in overdrive, she had to reign it in sometimes.

Michelle laughed again at his comment. "Well, maybe I'll have to reconsider then... with five kids around now, he may need his youngest one to glow a bit," chuckling. She didn't know how her brother and sister-in-law did it. The woman was most definitely a saint in her book, running herd on all those children. And they always were so well-behaved during her rare visits... and even during Skype calls. It was amazing, really.

She looked at the onesies Kieran was currently shuffling through. Despite the merits of a bright green one, she was certain Daniel would not go for it, especially for a girl. "Hmm... those are nice." Stepping closer, she reached up and fingered the fabric of one. "Nice and soft, too." And with the white color and various little animals, they were still fairly neutral for any gender or age. "This one is cute," she said, pulling out a onesie featuring a baby sheep and getting a closer look at it.

After studying it for a few more seconds, she made her choice. "I think I'll get it." She looked over at him and smiled. "Thanks for your help." The little sheep on the front was just so adorable. But something was still off... "I wonder if I should get something else, though... more clothes, or maybe a toy?" Knowing she wanted to spend more but not on what.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 04:53 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran laughed at her remark, the bright coloured onesie wasn't such a bad idea after all! "Yes, exactly. Five kids though... I'd be forever counting heads, making sure I didn't accidentally lose one. It's hard enough keeping an eye on one child" he laughed, though maybe that was just him, being a singe parent was tough and he often thought it would be amazing if he could just grow another pair of hands. Oh and another set of eyes would be nice too, he was afraid to turn his back sometimes.

He continued to look and to help Michelle, thankfully they seemed to have stumbled across a nice selection of onesies. He was sure any of these would go down much better than the luminous green onesie he'd joked so much about. "I agree, that's cute" he nodded his head at her, coming from someone who had a young daughter he definitely thought it was very sweet. So it seemed that she settled on that one and he was glad to have helped, "No problem. Never thought I'd be any good at picking out girl's clothing, but here we are" he laughed, how things had changed. He gazed around the store for a few moments when Michelle asked if she should maybe get something else to go with it. "I guess clothes are always useful... depends on how many toys she already has I suppose? I could buy Grace all the toys in the world and she'd still be happy playing in a cardboard box" he laughed, it were the simple things and he kind of hoped it stayed that way. He'd been careful so far not to introduce her to his phone or his iPad because he knew that would be all she'd be interested in and that would be awfully sad.

--------------------
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 07:30 PM
Newcomer
Mara

She completely agreed with Kieran. As much as Michelle wanted to be a mother, she also knew that her personal limit was two. There was no way she would be able to handle four or five kids. Even two would be a challenge, factoring in her job and lifestyle and all the other little things one never thought about until children came along. Obviously, she would have a partner to shoulder some of the responsibility. And ultimately it would be all worth it. Still, though... one child, two max, for her. David could have a sports team if he wanted, but it wasn't for Michelle.

Though she had probably decided on the sheep onesie no matter what, it was nice to hear that her friend agreed with her. He had more experience, after all, as the parent of a little girl. Michelle loved her nieces, but in the end, she got very little time with them altogether and could only imagine what it was like to be with them 24/7. She did still hope that she would be able find out for herself, one day. Even if it seemed her time was lessening on that possibility.

However, it just didn't seem to be enough as a birthday gift from Allison's favorite aunt. (Despite what her sister-in-law might say). Michelle did not want to be extravagant for an infant, sure, and give her a whole pile of gifts, but she was family as well, and did not want to quickly slap together some kind of half-assed present for the baby. Knowing that sometimes the third or fourth (or fifth) one along sometimes could get forgotten in the mix, and wanting her to feel special. That she was loved and had family who loved her.

Michelle had asked Kieran his opinion on what she could add to the haul, and she had to smile at his answer. "So true..." A pause, as she thought. "Of course, they have so many other toys from the first four... but I think everyone should have at least one toy that is their very own, brand-new and not hand-me-down." Glancing around for the toy department, finding it, and heading in that direction. "I'm just not sure what kind..."

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 12:34 PM
Local
Natalie

Kieran didn't like to over do it when it came to buying new toys for Grace. It was so super tempting to spoil her like crazy sometimes, but the last thing he wanted was her turning into a demanding little diva. He didn't want her growing up thinking she could click her fingers and daddy would give her everything she ever wanted. Life didn't work like that. He made sure she had enough and when she was a bit older he'd teach her how fun it was to save up to buy something really nice. Not everything could be handed to you on a plate and it was important she learnt that. But he also didn't want to be mean, he'd never want to see her go without. It was just finding the right balance and wanting to be fair.

He nodded his head at her, he could totally understand that. Although being an only child everything he'd owned had been brand new. He hadn't had to share with anyone. It was no wonder he'd grown up finding it hard to compromise. "Yes, definitely. Though what do I know? One of the perks of being an only child was that everything was mine" he grinned, yes he knew he could be a little selfish too. Though at the end of the day it was probably nothing to do with being an only child. He followed Michelle to the toy department, trying to figure out what might be best to buy for her niece. "If you want my opinion... don't get any of those irritating toys that make a noise or play annoying musical tunes. Dear god, they drive me crazy" he chuckled, he always made sure he didn't buy them for Grace. She had one or two and that was more than enough. He glanced around the shelves looking for something that might be suitable, "Umm... there's too much choice. Maybe something that can be attached to her stroller? Grace always loved that when she was really little, kept her distracted when I was doing the shopping at least" he laughed, nowadays she always insisted on taking some kind of toy out with her that he couldn't prise away from her no matter how hard he tried.

--------------------
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 07:08 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Grinning back, "Though I had three brothers, I was in a similar situation sometimes, being the only girl. There were certainly some toys that were only mine. That my brothers wouldn't get caught dead playing with." Laughing. Not that there was anything wrong with a boy playing with dolls or a girl playing with trucks. But in her family, with her siblings, it had never gone that way.

"They were forced into a few tea parties, though." Her childhood had been a bit of a roller coaster though. Even if she hadn't necessarily asked for or felt inclined towards "boy" toys, she had been a bit of a tomboy for a few years. A product of being the only girl in a household of males (except for her mother, who had tried to keep at least a little feminine touch in Michelle), many of her friends and playmates had also been boys. But when middle school rolled around, she had gravitated back towards the more girly things and girl friends instead of boy friends.

She nodded, agreeing with his assessment of the noise-making toys. "Even if I'm not the one dealing with them most of the time, I would not do that to my brother and sister-in-law. I'm sure they have plenty of those already, left over from the older kids." Walking further down the aisle, glancing at colorful boxes of all shapes and sizes. Having no idea what kids these days were into now. Kieran being her only hope for figuring it out.

At his suggestion, she looked over at him. "I like that, actually." With four older siblings to also keep tabs on, her sister-in-law could use all the help she could get in keeping the youngest from throwing a tantrum if the others were being unruly. Granted, the oldest one or two would be in school most of the time. "Even better, if it was some kind of learning toy..." Michelle was big on education. And multitasking. "So it could do double-duty."

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 08:23 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran chuckled slightly at Michelle's comments about her brothers. Having been an only child himself it was quite fun to hear these stories, it was honestly like hearing how the other half lived because he couldn't even quite imagine what his childhood would have been like had he had siblings. He still didn't think he would have liked it, it would have been another person to argue and fight with. And heaven forbid he had to share his toys with them. "Ha, I mean it could have been worse for them, right? You could have forced them to wear dresses and paint their nails to come to your little tea parties" he laughed at that amusing thought and he didn't even know her brothers. "You didn't do that, did you?" he grinned, raising an eyebrow at her.

So it seemed they decided against any toys that would make a noise, that was one less thing they had to look out for so it narrowed it down a bit. Although there was still a lot of choice. He seemed rather pleased that Michelle liked his idea of a toy that could be attached to the stroller. See, he was good at this kind of thing after all! Who'd bave thought it? The man that had never wanted children was now quite confidently giving out tips on baby toys. The old Kieran would have laughed so hard at this. "Okay, so now we know what we're looking for" he agreed, something slightly educational but fun at the same time. He went quiet as he started browsing the shelves, he found a few toys that would have been perfect but they weren't of the educational kind. Until he found a few little books that could easily be clipped onto a stroller, "What about these?" he motioned for Michelle to take a look. They were just picture books but with touch and feel pages that made them slightly more fun and interactive.

--------------------
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: May 21 2018, 06:45 PM
Newcomer
Mara

He asked if she had forced her brothers into dressing up for her tea parties as a young girl. Obviously hoping for a negative answer. But all Michelle did was grin back, letting a bit of mischief play over her features. She actually hadn't gone quite that far, most of the time. David and Daniel would play along but that was about it. But Alex was younger and gullible at times. And perhaps had sported makeup or jewelry here and there. Maybe...

Michelle had been staring at the shelves of toys. Even if she had decided what type she was looking for now, it was still a bit overwhelming. It was hard to tell, looking at all the brightly colored plastic and packages, which would actually be educational. Would be silent. Or would just be a pain the rear of her brother and sister-in-law, her niece's thoughts aside. She wondered then how badly she still wanted to have a child of her own, feeling like all the toys were weighing her down.

But luckily, she was not alone this time. Kieran called her over to something he had found, and she eagerly went to join him. Glad to put her uninspired browsing to rest for the moment. "Hmm..." She picked one up for herself and flipped through it. Similar to ones she remembered having as a kid but these did not squeak and were much more interactive, despite that. "I think these are perfect. Yes." Michelle picked out a couple of the books. Put with the onesie, this would do for little Allison, definitely.

"Thank you so much for helping me out with this," she turned to smile over at her friend. "I would have been lost without you." Of course, she would have muddled through the task and purchased some perfectly acceptable gifts. But with Kieran's assistance, her choices were just that much more fitting. "Now... is there anything else you need to get that I can help you on?" Having already given a bit of advice for his girlfriend; she wasn't sure if he needed to buy for others today.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: May 26 2018, 08:32 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran smirked at Michelle as he caught that look on her face suggesting that perhaps she had made her brothers do such things. He did often wonder how different his life may had turned out had he had any siblings but he didn't exactly dwell on it and he'd never, ever want to make his mother feel guilty that she'd not given him any. His father had disappeared before there'd been any kind of chance of that happening and she'd not met anyone else she clearly wanted to settle down with. He knew she had dated in the past, but he feared she was too afraid of getting hurt or having someone leave her again. The more he thought about it the more angry it made him that his father had left her that way.

He was glad to have helped Michelle, "No worries. I still don't think I'm an expert or anything, but I'm certainly on a learning curve" he laughed, he learnt new things everyday being a father. He looked around as he tried to think if there was anyone else he needed to buy for. Besides Grace, there was really only Zoe, his mother and his aunt and uncle he would need to buy for. He still needed to decide what he wanted to get for Zoe and didn't want it to be something he just bought on an impulse, he liked to put some effort in when he was in a relationship. As for his family, they were fairly easy to buy for and he still had plenty of time. Knowing him he'd leave it all to the last minute anyway. "No... I think I still need to figure out what to get Zoe, I don't want it to be an impulsive buy. Maybe I'll just have a look online for inspiration... in the comfort of my own home" he laughed, along with a glass of wine most likely once Grace was in bed. "Anyway, I'll think I'll just go and pay for these now and then I'm outta here" he chuckled, he didn't like spending longer than he needed to in any kind of store.

--------------------
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 10:21 PM
Newcomer
Mara

She grinned. "Online shopping is my favorite kind of shopping. I do it whenever I can." As much as she loved going in person to touch and feel items, with her schedule it was just easier sometimes to order things with a few clicks. Especially those items that just weren't readily available in a smaller town like Lochland, when she didn't have the time to drive to Hartford or elsewhere. And finding those boxes on her small front porch was like Christmas all year-round.

"All right," she nodded, smiling. "I will be right behind you!" letting out a laugh. Now that she had her gifts picked out for Allison, she had no more reason to linger around the store either. She was always on the move and didn't like to waste energy unless she was actually accomplishing something. "It was so nice running into you here. Maybe we'll have to do it again sometime," she added with another smile. It was a meeting that would not have happened back in Miami, unless pre-planned with a friend or two. But in Lochland, she ran into friendly faces just about everywhere.

They headed out of the toy department together and towards the front of the store and the registers. She gestured for Kieran to go first, and while she waited in line, admired her choices once again. Hoping that her brother and sister-in-law would love the books and the onesie as well. Alison herself was too young yet to really grasp the concept of gifts and where they came from. It had definitely been a successful shopping trip, all around. One of her favorites, to be sure.

(((Thanks for the thread! I figure this is a good ending? Unless you wanted to continue)))

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll