February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Just friends, Kieran Hill
Rachel Hyde
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 01:20 PM
Stranger
Kate

Rachel laughed and shook her head, "No, I'm one of a kind" she teased, maybe it was true, but only in a way where she had always felt like the odd one out. "If you moved over there... you'd be mobbed, lots of girls like an American boy" she smirked, she wasn't suggesting that she did, but as it so happened it may just turn out that she did. She didn't like to believe that all men were the same, maybe she'd find better luck with men out here. Not that she was planning on even trying to date, but she supposed she was open to things. She had to build some friendships first before she considered anything else.

He probably had a lot of meetings with female clients. He was a photographer, and chances were he took photos of lots of pretty girls. Whether he was a professional or not, he was still human and men liked to look didn't they? She'd like to think she wouldn't get paranoid if she were to get into another relationship, but after what Ben had done to her she knew it would be hard not to feel that way. "I think you may be in trouble anyway" she smirked, giving the side-eye to his ex's friends. She could still tell that they were being talked about by them.

She didn't think she was particularly brave, but maybe she underestimated herself. Weren't most people guilty of doing that? She was modest and so she could only shrug off his compliment, smiling softly at him. Lifting her cup to her lips, she took the final sip from her tea and then placed it back down on the saucer. "Of course I'd like to" she smiled, she'd like that very much. He was easygoing with a good sense of humour and she seemed to relate to him a bit. How could she not want to pursue a friendship with him? She wasn't sure quite what he was after, but she had to try not to read into it too much. "Hopefully next time we won't have to worry about being spied on" she chuckled, at least trying to see the funny side of it, though Lochland was clearly a very small town and she wondered if he could go anywhere without seeing someone he knew.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 07:59 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran grinned, as flattering as that sounded, the reality of it was that it wouldn't be what it was cracked up to be. He was old enough now to know that he'd rather someone fell for him because of his personality rather than his looks. "What about you? I bet you're curious..." he smirked at her, she didn't seem to mind him being flirty so far but he knew not to push it.

At the end of the day he had nothing to feel guilty for. He and Zoe had split up more than two months ago. Yes, it was probably too soon to jump into a new relationship, but that wasn't what he was trying to do. This wasn't even a date. Though he'd perhaps like it to be. He was just here with someone he now considered to be a friend, someone he could talk to and maybe have a little bit of a flirt with. What was so wrong about that? He hadn't jumped into anyone's pants yet since he'd been single and no matter how tempting it was to just quickly rebound, he had so far managed not to do so. That wasn't going to fix anything. Kieran shrugged his shoulders, "It's done. It's over. I'm single. They can cause trouble if they want but I don't want to be a part of it" he said, he'd be surprised if they went that far, he had in fact liked Zoe's friends. But naturally they were going to side with her and not want anything to do with him anymore. That was fair enough, it would just complicate things.

To his delight, Rachel seemed keen to meet up again so that soon put a smile back on his face. "Me too. Well I have your number so when I have some time free we'll do something again" he smiled, staying quiet as he glanced out of the window for a few moments. "I should probably make a move, I have a few errands to run before I pick Grace up. Thanks for the company today" he smiled, pushing his chair back a little so he could get up. Seeing her today had put him in a much better mood already and for that he was really very grateful.

--------------------
PM
^
Rachel Hyde
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 01:04 PM
Stranger
Kate

Well... she had never dated an American before. Clearly she'd had no luck with British men, so maybe she really would have better luck out here. She wouldn't know unless she tried. But right now she was still focused on just settling in and forming a few friendships. It had been a tiring few months and dating was really the last thing on her mind right now. "Maybe. We'll see..." she smirked, it was best to keep him guessing for now. She did not want to seem too keen, then she ran the risk of appearing as if she were a bit easy. And she was certainly far from being that.

Rachel wasn't exactly sure what to say to that. Right now he seemed to be confident that he had moved on, but it still hadn't been all that long since he'd broken up from his girlfriend. She knew that breakups weren't easy, no matter how long you'd been with someone, so there were bound to be some kind of feelings still there on his part. Then again, he might just be the kind of person that could put things behind him easily and move on. Everyone was different and dealt with things in different ways.

The conversation with him today had flowed, no awkward silences and she'd not felt uncomfortable at any point. She'd even taken remarkably well to him subtly flirting with her. She didn't particularly get attached to people easily and it often took a long while for her to bond with someone, but she knew that she and Kieran were at least off to a flying start and that was enough to make her smile. "Sure, I have a few things to do as well. See you around, I guess?" she smiled, wondering if he actually would stick to his word and still want to see her again. She was positive he would, but if she wanted something to work then she realised she had to put in some effort to. And if she wanted something badly enough, then she would.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll