February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Where We Begin Again, tag: Cora Birchwood
Cora Birchwood
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:06 PM
Newcomer
Thoth

Cora had a good time at dinner and clearly Zoey was trying to pull out all the stops. Cora was of the mindset that she really didn’t know why. She knew that she could be considered beautiful but she never had someone pursue her so relentlessly. Zoey was blunt and to the point that she wanted to take Cora out and while the baker wasn’t keen on accepting a date from an inebriated woman, she was grateful that she had gone out tonight. Zoey was pretty cute and she was incredibly sweet -- despite some of the things that managed to pass from between her lips.

Strolling through the park, hand in hand, she lifted her gaze skyward, breathing in the cool night air. Thankfully it wasn’t too cold out just yet, how serendipitous for their date.

As they walked, Cora couldn’t help but smile at whatever “big surprise” that Zoey had up her sleeve. Really Cora wanted her to know that she didn’t need to pour it on this thick. She didn’t want the other to have gone through so much trouble for her, especially since they had only just met once before. Just a simple walk was actually perfect for her. However, it seemed that Zoey did have other plans.

Cora arched her brow, smirking at Zoey as she contemplated her mysterious words. How could they dance through the park? Wouldn’t that get them arrested for suspicion of being under the influence? Cora loved to dance, but when there was no music, then how could she…

And then the music started. Curiously she looked about, peering into the darkness of the bushes and trees. That was actually music she was hearing, wasn’t it? And, not only that, it was an increasingly familiar song? She turned back to Zoey, noting the sly look on her face.

”Zoey...did you…?” she was then offered a hand to dance with a Beast. Cora stared at her for a second before she snorted, smiling and shaking her head. ”You’re such a dork…” she muttered, then nodded her head. ”It’d be my pleasure.” She slipped her hand into Zoey’s, her other wrapping around her waist. As promised the other was certainly pulling out all the stops.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 05:25 PM
Local
shade

Zoey chuckled when Cora called her a dork, but then smiled warmly once they were dancing. She really hoped Cora like the surprise though. She really wanted this night to be special. That was why she was about to put all joking aside, and speak from the heart.

"Listen, Cora, I know you want to take this all slow, and I am totally cool with that," she said. "We've both been through some shit, and we're both still reeling from it. However, I do want you to know this: I'm crazy about you. You're damn near all I thought about since the Odyssey Club. And I meant what I said about the whole snuggles and breakfast in bed thing, as straight-forward as it was. I'm not going to bail on you. If it's just as your friend or as your girlfriend, I want to make it my mission to put a smile on your face every chance I can. I know the words 'I love you' are very strong and need to be said at the right place and the right time, so I'll hold on that, but you can bet your beautiful ass that I like you... a lot." Zoey then leaned in and kissed Cora on the cheek. "If you only knew how gorgeous you look to me right now."
PM
^
Cora Birchwood
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 02:07 PM
Newcomer
Thoth

The dance was indeed pretty magical. Cora grew up on Disney movies and hearing one of the most recognizable pieces of music, mixed with a dance, indeed made the moment enchanting. Zoey was a sweet girl and the gesture was very on point for someone like Cora. She felt swayed, pulling into the slow, romantic dance beneath the starlight that hung over Lochland Grove. It was indeed one of the most precious and beautiful sights that the baker had ever experienced. It was lovely to its fullest.

Her hand on Zoey’s waist, feeling herself swaying under the music and the stars, she smiled gently at the gesture. But as the grip tightened a bit on her hand, Cora looked to see that something was clearly on the other’s mind. She tilted her head curiously, waiting for Zoey to speak.

When she did, Cora found herself a little stunned. She still danced but it mainly just due to Zoey’s motions as the young woman pretty much unveiled everything about what she was feeling. She understood that Cora wanted to take things slow but had to reveal that she was ‘crazy’ about her and that she had only been thinking about her since they had parted from the Odyssey Club. Once again she offered her promise that, however things ended up, all she wanted to do was to ensure that Cora smiled...and then proceeded to kiss her cheek.

Cora gulped, her eyes searching the other after her heartfelt admission. And, really, the only thing she could do was look down and off to the side after a moment. Slowly she released Zoey’s hand and stepped away from her. Her hands disappeared into the cadigan, wrapping softly around her midsection, hugging herself. It as plan to see why while Zoey’s words were sweet, it was a bit too much for the baker right now.

But she couldn’t just stand in silence forever. A small, slightly sad smile on her lips, she finally spoke up. ”That was...um...that was very...sweet.” She turned away, taking a calming breath, before continuing. ”Um, heh...pretty damn cold out here, isn’t it?” she said. ”Maybe...I should be heading home.”

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 04:28 PM
Local
shade

And just like that, the great night that Zoey had planned screeched to a halt. She got the message loud and clear. Zoey had poured her heart out. She had made it clear that she was fine with taking it slow. All she wanted to do to top off the night was to tell Cora how much she cared about her, and how much Cora was different from every girl she tried to see since the break-up with Felicia... and now she felt like an idiot. Cora was right about one thing. It was damn cold out there.

"Yeah... I'll... I'll take you home," said Zoey, who turned away and headed to the car. She didn't want to cry, and fought her tears like a madwoman. However, the hard fact was that, once again, her heart was broken. It was then and there that she made a renewed vow that this wasn't going to happen again.

XXXX

Zoey parked in front of Cora's house and just stared out the window. She had nothing more to say on the matter of the date. If Zoey had made an ass out of herself in front of Cora, then so be it. Life sucked that way sometimes.

"Good night, Cora," was all that came out.
PM
^
Cora Birchwood
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 07:20 PM
Newcomer
Thoth

The car ride back to her home was far quieter than she could have imagined from the other woman. Then again, she wasn’t all that surprised considering what happened in the park. Zoey had poured out her heart and Cora shied away from them. She wasn’t looking to be cruel, there wasn’t a cruel bone in her body, but she also wasn’t going to beat around the bush when it came to how she felt. She learned from her mother, a long time ago, to always be true to herself since no one else was going to look out for you. And so she did.

The whole way home she could reflect on the look on Zoey’s face at her reaction. Cora tried to be gentle about it but she didn’t want to leave room for misinterpretation either. She liked Zoey, she really did, but she wasn’t willing to move as fast as the other was hinting at. Zoey may have been “crazy” for her, but, in all honesty, Cora didn’t feel the same in return. Maybe that was because she wanted things to be nice and slow and natural or maybe they were just on different wavelengths. Whatever the case, it was better Cora spoke her mind now rather than later.

Her house came into view and she released a soft breath. As they came to a stop, Zoey muttered a soft “good night” and Cora tilted her head down. It may have been too much for her to hope that they could eventually be friends, so it was a thought that she just kept to herself for the time being. Reaching over she very gently squeezed the young woman’s shoulder, just for a second.

”Good night, Zoey…” she replied. She opened her lips to say something more but it was probably best she make her exit.

Collecting her purse and pulling her cardigan a little more snugly against her body and Cora opened her door before climbing out. Closing it behind her she made her way back to her home, a soft sigh on her lips, and slightly sad look in her eyes. She spoke her mind, she was honest, but that didn’t mean it hurt any less. Zoey was a nice woman and truly Cora hoped she could find that person who was right for her. As for herself, well...a single glance at her tiny home and the mystery surrounding her family and she knew one thing above all else, she had plenty to occupy her for now.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll