February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Clean Up, Isle Six!, [Bernard Tankevwe]
Kodiak Mikkelsen
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 11:16 PM
Newcomer
Night

It was a typical early fall evening, though the weather was a little warmer than it was usual for this time of the year. The store was almost empty which is what the short but yet wavy hair gentleman preferred. He stood in the meat department, looking over some whole pork loins. Looking to make sure there was just the right amount of fat… nothing too thick but not too thin that the meat would be dry. The man was dressed in a typical fire uniform… a long sleeve white shirt with the station patches on the upper part of the one sleeve, along with the state flag and the American flag on the sleeve. A name patch on the front left chest that read Mikkelsen. He was a tall but lanky looking fellow and the clothes he wore didn’t seem to fit his frame all that well, being a bit on the baggy side.

Kody was hear getting a head start on the monthly shopping trip for supplies, his partner in crime was supposed to meet him here but like everything that went on with the station, there was no set times or high expectations to be meant. When the tones went off, when a call came crackling through the speakers everything went out the door in a flash with it…

Well if it was any consolation, the cart was empty and he had not been here long. And had just started to eye things up and there was no real list for supplies. A lot of the recipes made in the stations kitchen were well known and well used, the kind that had been passed down from generations. Besides all the guys were meat and potato kind of people. Nothing too fancy, simple and easy because often times it would need to be finished or reheated later on.

Though things had been quiet lately, a little too quiet for the chief’s liking after all Kody had been around long enough to know when things went quiet like this, nothing good ever came in from the next call or the following that would come in. His body was a remind of that, the limp he walked with everyday was a remind of such a time period. Anytime he was out in public or around the crew, he hid that limp even though it was more painful to him. He didn’t want that sign of weakness to show, he couldn’t let anyone knew that the chief of their beloved station wasn’t as strong as he should be.

Kody finally settled on two loins and for a dollar eighty eight per pound; he couldn’t pass up that deal. They would make for two good roasts and a dinner of chops one night. Next thing on the list was burger, the price per pound hasn’t been the best lately but the crew ran off chili and would riot if there wasn’t a chill night or two. His mossy green eyes glanced up from refrigerated shelving when he heard footsteps nearby. Out in public, he tried to greet everyone with eye contact and a simple smile, being polite to those he was there to serve and protect. But he was also looking to see if it was, Bernard finally coming to join him so they can get everything they need and get out as fast as they could.

@[Bernard Tankevwe]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bernard Tankevwe
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 04:31 PM
Newcomer
Riva

"Guten Tag,"* Came the greeting in german as Kody looked up, his mossy green eyes met with the familiar almost orange hue of Tank's own. "Look's like I'm not late after all." Dropping what you were doing at a moment's notice was the way Tank had lived his life for years now. The beep of that incoming call over the radio, the blaring of the alarms at the station. Even a verbal cry for help or your phone going off while you were off duty was enough to jar the man from his day to day routine. You just became accustomed to it. And living your life where you had a schedule that never abides by itself thanks to the job you held, you learned not to be too critical over soft-set times to meet up. Besides if he had an issue with soft-set times he might have dropped Lenny like a hot potato after the first time the guy had made him wait forty five minutes for a meet up. But that's a different story.

But every now and then you actually had a quiet day, spent doing normal things like shopping for the month's groceries and planning meals that quite possibly may never be eaten. Between himself and Kody there usually wasn't much groaning and moaning over who was going to cook for the station- if anything it was almost a race out of the two to see who could beat the other to the kitchen first. A friendly rivalry over the stove type deal. Managing to find time where neither one had been waiting long for the other was rare, but it did happen. "I wrapped up cleaning the office seats," Or in other words he'd just finished cleaning the seats of the ambulance he was assigned to. Which would have been number 11, or, Squad 1 of Station 1.

He nodded towards the wall and ticked his chin forward at the meat as he questioned casually, "Chilli, yeah? They'll riot without chilly," reaching out to pick up a package and flip it over, searching out the dates. While he looked at the packaging in one hand, his other hand adjusted his cap, flipping it backwards. With as warm as it was out still he had opted to remain in his summer gear for a little while longer. Short sleeves and a thinner utility pant. He filled his own uniform out nicely throughout if not seemed to stretch the arms of it to their limits. Having wide shoulders, a barrel chest,solid core and thick arms wasn't the easiest of body shapes to fit without shirts tending to look too baggy and unfitted or boarderline on the current fit.

(Good day*)
(Outfit)

--------------------
PM
^
Kodiak Mikkelsen
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 10:02 PM
Newcomer
Night

” Hallo” He softly responded to the German greeting, his Norwegian accent always lurked in the background, it was something he had never been able to shake even though he spent most of his life in the states. ”Just in time, mate. Always start with the proteins first. Though that brownie cake was very tempting on the way in as you walk past the bakery…” There were times when Kody had a sweet tooth mainly when it came to brownies. Truth be told, he had spent a bit of time in the Halloween section looking over the decorations and seasonal goodies. He couldn’t step a foot in a store this time of year without making a beeline there first.

When it came to living life on the drop of the dime, he had been doing that his whole life. Living in the wilderness on his own as a teenager, playing hockey and then working his way through college two jobs at once… Life never had been slow for him even now as a chief. If someone told him he would be wearing the white shirt five years from his starting point, he would not have believed him. He wanted to be the guy who always went in, who was always on the search and rescue squad. But with the old injuries he hid, being a leader was easier on him than trying to fake his way through and putting others in danger.

”So what’s your plans for dinner tonight? This unseasonable hot weather has grilling writing all over it.” Kody was wondering if he could find a good brisket to smoke over night for pulled beef sandwiches tomorrow. There was nothing better than some good old fashioned bbq to see the summer off. He didn’t mind sharing cooking duties with Tank, it meant that at least there would be something eatable around and the other guys in the station were thankful for that.

He turned to look at the other when he spoke of cleaning the office and offered a smile. ”After the last few calls in the rainy muddy weather, I’m sure they needed it. Didn’t one of your EMTs, take a tumble down the hillside the other night? Sprained his ankle or something like that?” Kody couldn’t remember all the little details of the all the calls he handled through the day, making sure everyone in the station got where they were needed. It almost like being a teacher some days. Assignments turned in, check… students in class, and check and so on.

Kody watched for a moment as Tank checked out the beef and he carefully moved towards where the chunks of unground beef where kept. He had managed to take a pain for his knee before coming into the store and it was just starting to take the edge off. Was his addicted to them? In a sense the answer was yes and no. He could go without and had to make sure he wasn’t but he needed them to be able to make it through the day better. No one knew his secret and if someone saw him with a limp, he passed it off as old age or he had pulled something working out. ”You and I both know it would be the end of the world if it was not on at least once a week. Along with a roll fresh from the oven. That reminds me, get an extra package for a kids friendly version for the annual family and friends Halloween party at the station.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bernard Tankevwe
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 10:34 AM
Newcomer
Riva

”Just in time, mate. Always start with the proteins first. Though that brownie cake was very tempting on the way in as you walk past the bakery…” He'd seen the exact one Kody was talking about. It had been hard to miss considering it had a huge display built up around that consisted of about twenty brownie cakes in all and decked from ceiling to floor in a fall theme that advertised how grand of a comfort food the cake could be. It'd been hard to miss. With a playful scoff Tank looked at his Chief, cocking his head back, "Not tempting enough, I could make one six times better than that, good enough to make your Nana's dentures ache." He smiled, "We'll see how the rest of this shopping trip goes, maybe pick the stuff up for it." His attention had turned back to the refrigerated wall, "'M sure the crew would enjoy it."

Grilling weather, huh? Tank scanned the wall as he considered it. "Honestly I got so caught up in the cleaning I didn't even think about it." He liked to keep the cab of the truck as clean as he could manage it. Keep trash out of the floorboards- because rolling up on a scene with yesterdays' lunch bag falling out of the cab was not impressive. Plus he disliked the grime that could build over time. Even with constantly wearing gloves, washing hands, applying sanitizer- it just managed to build up. And dust. Ach. Anyway a clean cab was a habby cab, or something like that. It was crowded enough as it was in there, they didn't need anything floating around that could have been taken out. "I'm open for suggestions."

"Pft," Tank shook his head lightly when the conversation stuck on the matter of EMT's, rainy weather, and cleaning the ambulance for a few moments. "Rodrick, yeah. His feet got a little ahead of him, I ended up carrying him and the patient back up the slope." His partner had taken a bit of a spill and although once they had reached the patient things had gone smoothly, getting them both up the hill had been another matter. There would be no shortage of jokes from Tank when it came to teasing Rod about having to be carried up the hill in his arms. "He's out for a few days, laid up until the swelling goes down at the least." And since you couldn't exactly preform your duties while hopping around on a crutch, that had left Tank without a partner for the time being. Their already short staffed station was stretched a little more now. "Which reminds me, someone said we had a transfer request come in? Or is it just a hopeful rumor?" Smiling while he talked, setting the first package of meat he'd picked up into the basket.

”You and I both know it would be the end of the world if it was not on at least once a week. Along with a roll fresh from the oven. That reminds me, get an extra package for a kids friendly version for the annual family and friends Halloween party at the station.” His mustache bristled when he pressed his lips together while reviewing the meat packages. A few seconds after Kody spoke Tank tilted his head back and stared at the top shelf thoughtfully, bouncing the package of meat in his hand, "Oh Eah, I forgot that was coming up." His shoulders rose and fell in a quick shrug as he looked down again and selected a second package, "I missed out on that last year, was busy unpacking the place still." He turned to the cart and set everything he'd selected into it, then stepped around back and grabbed the push bar before he wheeled the cart forward, "How was the turn out last year? Think this'll be enough then?" Or should he get a little more? He couldn't have even begun to guess at the numbers that would or wouldn't show. Having no family in Lochland himself outside of the crew that had accepted him like family, Tank had felt other things had been more important, like getting his life in a new country settled in.

--------------------
PM
^
Kodiak Mikkelsen
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 11:03 PM
Newcomer
Night

If there was one way to get Kody to do what you wanted or just to win him over, nothing like a batch of brownies to do that… but ones that were really gooey in the middle almost raw. Better yet, a big bowl of just brownie batter. It was one of the few sweets that he enjoyed and usually craved. Besides it was that time of year when his mind switched wanting lemonade to hot chocolate. When Tank spoke of being able to make ones better than those at the store front bakery, he raised a brow as he glanced over at his co-worker and wondered how true that was. ”Well, I don’t know my Nana or if she even had dentures but if you can truly make them like that, I might see a bit of a raise on your next check.” When it came to his family and its history, Kody was close to being in the dark than anything else. Normally he just claimed he had no family and had just came into the world as he was. ”You will make me or killer brownies at some point so I can see if they are all that.”

”Food is relaxing for me… when the politics and paperwork become too much, I fall back into what is relaxing for me as an escape.” Leaving out the part that he often worked on the next chapter for his novel or played games on his phone… The part about being an author he left out always because he didn’t want to be teased or pick on for something like that. It was hard enough for him to come out and say that he liked guys… He had seen first had what happened to another guy when he first started out and he did not want to go through that. Plus with all the close minds out there, having a gay guy lead them would not go over well at all. ”You do get into your cleaning. Maybe I should have you clean my office then again I may never find anything in it again.” He joked, with a bit of a chuckle.

When the other side he was open for suggestions, he looked around at the meat selection and the smoked sausage caught his eyes. ”Meat in tube form? Baked beans, grilled corn…” He rambled out some ideas.. Meat in tube form usually went over well even if it was hot dogs. He tossed the brisket was looking over into the cart and grabbed a bulk bag of chicken breast and moved to put them into the cart also as he listened to Tank to talk about how his partner got hurt and how he was doing. ”Well I am glad that things were not worse and that he his healing well. Always hard to be out of the game, been there a few times myself. As far as the transfer request, it did not go through. Everyone is shorthanded so I’ll be riding with until he comes back. They said I can run the station from the rig and it would do both us good. Plus the latest batch of probies won’t be graduating until Spring… ” Kody shrugged his shoulders a bit. It had been a long while since he rode as a EMT at least there were refresher courses and he did get to use those skills once and a while.

It was not something he wanted to do though… It was hard enough him just being the chief but running both was going to kill him. He was scared of his knee giving out during a call or having to put too much stress on it dealing with a heavy set patient.. He knew he was a liability out there but he was able to cover that up. His thoughts came back to the present when Tank spoke about forgetting the Halloween event was coming up. ”It’s still early in the month so it’s not really on anyone’s mind yet. It was a bit event last year. All the little ones had a blast from the pumpkin carving to apple bobbing…” It was a relaxing night and another station covered their calls so they could have this night and they returned the favor so the other station could do something. As he waited for Tank to finish, he leaned up against the cart.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Bernard Tankevwe
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 07:28 PM
Newcomer
Riva

Kody didn't know his Nana. Whoops. Tank would have felt bad about using that wording then if the man hadn't seemed to just roll with it, which caused him to smirk softly instead. "Then I'll have to bake up a batch." At the mention of food being a relaxing escape, he gave a soft hum of agreement. Sometimes people asked him why he worked out so much. To which he'd always reply 'Because I love to eat so much'. The mention of a pay raise got a chuckle out of him, "I better make them twice as good then, just to be on the safe side." Horses were not cheap to stable after all, and Percival could pack away the oats.

"You say the word Chief,"
he chuckled, "I'll organize that office so well you'll be forced to learn the new system." And he would, too. At the drop of a hat. It wasn't that Tank was OCD about cleaning, but he felt he flowed better, mentally, when the area around him was clean. He didn't know how some people could function in clutter, let alone the crowded houses of some Hoarders he'd been called to before. It was just crazy to think how the people could live there, let alone thrive. But he understood that was an entirely different issue and that the Chief was not a hoarder- well at least not in his office. It might have been too chaotic for Tank, but he also knew some people functioned better in what they called 'organized chaos'. Every pile had a system and there was a system to every pile.

As the other suggested 'meat in tube form' Tank made an approving 'mm' sound, if not a slightly sarcastic one. That was like saying Mechanically Processed Chicken as an ingredient. For a guy who the norm at work was anything from being bled on to shat on, and everything in between, Tank found his skills of having an iron stomach didn't quite make it to the frontline of descriptive food words. Then as Kody tossed things into the basket, he leaned over the handlebars and organized it moments after it hit the bottom of the cart. You could always fit more in the cart if it were organized! "Waaaauuu," He groaned at the news the transfer hadn't come through, "Ah well." A defeated sigh, "At least fresh Probies in the spring." The news Kody would be riding with him was news to him. And it would do them both good? He could question that later once he took stock after a while of having the Chief in the box with him. See if anything had changed. For the time being he planned to run the rig like he usually did, or as much as he ran it from the back at least. "Yea, alright then," He grabbed a foodstuffs as they rolled on, leaning forward and setting it into the cart. "I'll be glad to have you along," He sounded as honestly pleased with the idea as his smile reflected.

Mean. You couldn't drive an ambulance while being in the back at the same time.

"Yea well,"
Another item went into the basket neatly stacked against the side, "I don't have a social life outside of the station so if you need a hand with planning it, building, whatever, give me a ring huh?"

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll