February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Roses are white, Tag; Wyatt Hunter
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 02:09 PM
Local
Mandi

Riley had just recently gotten back from the grocery store and was working on putting the food away when she heard a knock on the front door. Curious who it could be, she went to open it to find a delivery man standing there with a small vase that contained a single, beautiful, white rose and card in his hands. "Special delivery for Riley Bennett." She smiled, excited but kind of confused. "That's me." she confirmed, taking the items when they were handed to her. "Thank you." she said before stepping back and closing the door. Who could it be from?

She was very pleasantly surprised when she read the card to find this kind gift was from Wyatt. She and the handyman had had a nice time at the Charity Ball last summer, and managed to keep in touch over the last several months, but contact had died down lately. Ironically enough, she had sent him a little Valentine's Day card as well. She now found herself wondering if he had gotten it.

Either way, she needed to reach out and thank him for the lovely gifts!

Pulling out her phone, that's exactly what she did.

WWT
12:45 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

Sooo, I was just delivered this nice V-Day card and really pretty white rose...

-insert selfie with card and rose here-

It appears a 'thank you' is in order. :]

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 01:16 PM
Townie
Jules

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyatt was doing a round of dishes when Jack started barking. Wyatt shifted to turn the water off, while turning his head towards the doorway. He could hear Jack's paws hitting the wooden floor as he moved towards the front door. Somebody must be dropping by for a visit. Surely enough, there was a knock at the door. Jack had continued to bark, making his presence known. Wyatt quickly dried off his hands and made his way towards the front door. He paused to scratch behind Jack's ears. "It's okay, boy.." he said, before moving to greet the person at the door. He opened up the door to see a delivery person standing there.

"Wyatt Hunter?" they said and Wyatt nodded. "That's me." he had responded with a friendly smile. "Special delivery." they said before handing Wyatt an envelope. He was looking down at it when they turned to walk away. He wasn't expecting anything, so who was it from? He closed the door and then moved to sit in the living room. All the while, Jack was right on his heels. Cracking a smile, Wyatt opened up the envelope. "Thinking about you. Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo" the card said. His eyes caught sight of the name. "Riley." he said, his smile morphing into a grin. She won his company at the Charity Ball and since then, they kept in touch. They became friends. As of late, however, their communication had faltered. They got busy with their own lives and what not. He didn't forget about her, though. He even sent her a Valentine's Day card. Hopefully she got it...

His phone buzzed with an incoming text message. 'Hey you!' A few more buzzes, as other texts came in. He liked the selfie that she sent him. He was glad that she liked her gift. After the last text came through, it was his turn to write back:

'You are most welcome, Riley. Have any idea why I chose to include a white rose?'

He had chosen the color white because he wanted to commemorate the dress she wore at the Ball. She looked beautiful in it. 'It would also appear that I need to thank you. I, too, received a little Valentine's Day card this morning. It made me smile.' he also wrote, sending it off as he scratched Jack behind the ears.
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 05:15 PM
Local
Mandi

Even with their lives becoming busy as of late, Riley hadn't forgotten about her date from the Charity Ball either. They had had a nice time together, exchanged numbers and even hung out a couple times since. She considered him a friend now. It was normal to miss your friends, right? Right.

Okay, so maybe there was a bit more to it than that. So she sent him the card.

The one she got with the white rose was definitely a nice surprise.

She text him to let him know she got his gifts, and as she waited to see if he would reply she went to put fresh water in the small vase.

She smiled when her phone chimed indicating she got a text message. Reading his first message she thought about his question, but was not all that sure why he did. White roses stood for purity and innocence if that was what he meant, but she somehow doubted it. Her dress had been white the night of the ball, but would he have even remembered that?

His second text came before she even responded to the first. Another smile crossed her lips as she read it. Then she sent back:

WWT
12:47 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

You are most welcome, Riley. Have any idea why I chose to include a white rose?

It would also appear that I need to thank you. I, too, received a little Valentine's Day card this morning. It made me smile.

You’re welcome! I’m glad, that was my goal.

As for the color of the rose, I’m not sure… Why don’t you tell me? :]

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 06:22 PM
Townie
Jules

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the midst of sending off that last text, Jack had decided to rest his head upon Wyatt's lap. He wasn't going anywhere for a bit. He couldn't blame Jack, though. Jack has hardly left Wyatt's side, since they grew their bond. Wherever he goes in the house, Jack isn't that far behind. He always has to make sure that his pal is alright..

It didn't take long for a response to come in. "You’re welcome! I’m glad, that was my goal."

Wyatt cracked a smile, as he moved to type out a reply. But before he could get two words written, another text from Riley came in. "As for the color of the rose, I’m not sure… Why don’t you tell me? :]" He slightly chuckled. A moment came and went, as he moved to type a response. 'Well, it would seem that both of our goals were achieved..' it said. As soon as he hit "send," Wyatt glanced down at his canine companion. "You comfy there, Jack?" he asked. Jack shifted his head a little bit, in order to look up at Wyatt. He knew that look in his eye. He was comfy. Therefore, Wyatt wasn't moving. Not for a while, anyhow.

After he let out a deep breath, Wyatt typed out another text.

'As for the rose..well, you were wearing a white dress the night we met, right?'

Riley looked beautiful in that dress, how could he forget that fact?

PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 12:06 AM
Local
Mandi

She smiled as she read his first reply about both of their goals having been met. Before she was able to send a response she saw the little text bubble pop up in the corner of her screen showing that he was typing again so she held off and shortly there after his second one arrived.

Aww he did remember! That was so sweet. She didn't think most guys remembered those sorts of things.

Her smile got even bigger and stayed glued to her lips as she sent the first two of her texts back to him. Waiting a few seconds before sending off the third and final one:

WWT
12:48 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

It would also appear that I need to thank you. I, too, received a little Valentine's Day card this morning. It made me smile.

Well, it would seem that both of our goals were achieved.

As for the rose...well, you were wearing a white dress the night we met, right?

It seems so. :]

Why yes, yes I was. I’m impressed you remember that. :]

So, what are you up to right now?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 12:52 PM
Townie
Jules

user posted image

As Wyatt waited for a response from Riley, Jack had decided it was a perfect time to take a nap. His head was still resting upon Wyatt's lap. He glanced down and gave a chuckle at the sight. As annoying as it might be when he needs to get up, Wyatt was completely fine with Jack napping on him. Soon enough, his phone buzzed with an incoming text..

"It seems so. :]" Wyatt smiled, glad for the fact that they both felt like their goals were met. He had only wanted to make Riley smile. It would've been better to see it in person, but the selfie she sent was fine. Then, his phone buzzed once more. "Why yes, yes I was. I’m impressed you remember that. :]" His smile seemed to grow a bit, as he read her text. When she looked so beautiful in that dress, how could he forget what color it was? And besides, Wyatt had a pretty decent memory.

'How could I forget? You looked beautiful :-)' he wrote back.

He couldn't help but to be honest in his response. He did think Riley was attractive, who wouldn't? He can almost imagine a blush appearing within her cheeks, as she reads his text. He glanced down at Jack again, when he heard a little snore coming from his canine companion. By the sound of that snore, Jack was far away in his dream-land. Which was good, in a way. If Jack was at that point, then Wyatt could shift out from under him if he needed to. For the moment, however, he was feeling pretty comfy sitting on the couch. Another text came through, moments after he sent his response. "So, what are you up to right now?" it said. There was a slight raise of his eyebrow, as he read it. Today was Valentine's Day. He had signed up for that blind date thing, but that wasn't happening until later this evening. 'Right now? Nothing really, aside from being Jack's pillow lol!' he began, before shifting over to his camera and taking a picture of Jack..

He then sent the shot to her, thinking that she would enjoy seeing Jack in his current state.

After a few moments, he typed 'Why do you ask?' He was curious..
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 11:48 AM
Local
Mandi

She truly was impressed he had remembered the fact her dress had been white that evening. In her experience, most guys didn't remember details like that. They generally just remembered thinking if you looked hot or not.

Now that her flower had water, she went back to putting her groceries away as she waited for his response.

Hearing her phone chime again, she paused and picked up her phone to see his message: 'How could I forget? You looked beautiful :-)'

Squee!

Yep, that was an excited squeak that just came outta her. She was full on grinning giddily now. There was also a light blush creeping up on her cheeks as well; he had been right about that.

"Okay, calm your ass down and just reply normally." she reasoned with herself before starting to write back her first text.

After a few more seconds she then asked him what he was up to right then and just stood with her phone in her hands waiting for his reply. Too distracted now to finish putting away her groceries. She'd get back to it in a minute.

She smiled and cooed out loud "Aww." seeing the sleeping Jack photo. He was too cute. He had gotten so big in the last few months!

She then sent her message back:

WWT
12:50 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

How could I forget? You looked beautiful :-)

Awww. Thank you happy.gif You are so sweet.

Right now? Nothing really, aside from being Jack's pillow lol!

Yes right now lol

-insert photo of Jack sleeping-

Awww. He’s too stinkin’ cute. I just wanna squish him lol.

Why do you ask?

Just curious :]

You available to grab a bite to eat or coffee or something for a bit? I owe you a proper ‘thank you’ for the rose. :]

If he was busy, it was fine. It was Valentine's Day after all; she wouldn't be surprised if he had a date. But she figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 08:27 AM
Townie
Jules

user posted image

Wyatt can only imagine what Riley's reaction would be when she read his text..

He had to be honest and tell her that she looked beautiful at the Charity Ball. The white dress suited Riley well. His phone soon buzzed and he clicked to see the text from her. 'Awww. Thank you happy.gif You are so sweet.' He couldn't help but to grin, staring at his phone. Then, she had asked him what he was up to. Wyatt had nothing planned until he had to change and meet his blind date. His phone buzzed with a text of 'Yes right now lol' A little chuckle slipped from his lips, as he sent the photo of Jack sleeping. Given that she's also a dog person, Wyatt hoped that she would like the picture. Soon enough, he got his answer. 'Awww. He’s too stinkin’ cute. I just wanna squish him lol.' After reading the text, Wyatt looked down at Jack. He really was cute. "Hey bud. Apparently, you're too stinkin' cute. What do you think about that?" he said and got a slight snore in response.

He gave another little chuckle, before moving to write 'He would probably love the attention lol.' Once satisfied, he hit 'send.' Wyatt spoke the truth. Jack would love getting all the attention, even if he didn't want to admit it. Since Wyatt took him in, he's enjoyed a comfortable (and slightly spoiled) lifestyle. The slightly spoiled part comes from Naomi, of course. If he wasn't there to reel her in, she would try to give Jack all the treats. Wyatt would chuckle at her attempts to sneak things past his notice. Sometimes, he lets her get away with it. Naomi adores Jack, what can I say?

His phone buzzing had brought him back to the present. He had asked Riley why, in regards to her question about what he was up to. 'Just curious :]' He slightly raised an eyebrow. Was that all? Then, it buzzed once more. 'You available to grab a bite to eat or coffee or something for a bit? I owe you a proper ‘thank you’ for the rose. :]' He smiled upon reading Riley's text. It would be good to see her again, since it's been a while. He took a deep breath.

'Yeah, I'm available for a little bit. I do have somewhere to be at 5:00.' He didn't want to start keeping secrets from Riley. It wouldn't be fair to her, especially if anything were to develop between the two of them. 'I signed up for that LoveMatch thing.' he added.
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: May 5 2018, 08:23 PM
Local
Mandi

[[Sorry for the delay!!]]

Once she sent her reply about Jack's picture, Wyatt was pretty quick on typing back that his dog would probably love the attention, which made her smirk. She was sure he would and she would love to give it to him.

After a few moments, their conversation rounded back to why she had asked why he was up to. She was obviously curious, but that wasn't just all. She ventured to ask him if he had time and wanted to meet up with her. She waited with baited breath for his answer.

Luckily, she didn't have to wait too long.

So, he was available but had to be somewhere at five. Then his next text came and her assumption was confirmed. He did have a date.

To say she didn't feel disappointed by the news would be a lie. She was glad he was honest about it though. She wasn't surprised he had a date, but she found herself sorta wishing he didn't.

She also felt the urge to backpedal and tell him nevermind because she didn't want their get together to have a dark cloud hanging over it from the fact that he would be leaving her to go meet some other woman. Letting out a sigh, she managed to reason with herself; It would still be better to get to see him than not. They weren't dating, he could go on dates with whomever he wanted. As much as she may not like it...

Taking a steadying breath, she started to write back her first text. Then shortly after she sent the next one. Adding a happy face at the end. Happy faces always made things lighter, right?

WWT
12:53 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

Yes right now lol

He would probably love the attention lol.

Why do you ask?

You available to grab a bite to eat or coffee or something for a bit? I owe you a proper ‘thank you’ for the rose. :]

Yeah, I'm available for a little bit. I do have somewhere to be at 5:00.

I signed up for that LoveMatch thing.

Oh ok.

Well did you want to do anything? I’ll leave it up to you. :]

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Wyatt Hunter
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 10:06 AM
Townie
Jules

user posted image

Wyatt didn't want to keep things from Riley. He had to be honest with her. It wouldn't be fair to her if he had kept his LoveMatch thing a secret. What would she think if he didn't tell her about it and she found out anyway? He didn't want her to think badly of him..

As soon as he sent the text to Riley, a part of him regretted having a date in the first place. He didn't know this woman he was meeting, but he knew Riley. He would want to spend quality time with her. He took a deep breath, waiting for her response. What was she going to say? What was even going through her mind right now? He had no idea.

Soon enough, his phone buzzed with an incoming text. 'Oh ok.' she had sent him. Wyatt leaned his head back, while muttering "Fuck." to himself. He felt like he's disappointed her. He didn't like this feeling. This shouldn't be surprising, though. They weren't dating. If they wanted, they could go on dates and meet other people. Wyatt deeply inhaled and then, a sigh slipped past his lips. His phone buzzed again. He glanced down to see what Riley sent. 'Well did you want to do anything? I’ll leave it up to you. :]' Of course, he wanted to do something. It's been a while since they've seen each other. Now that he was thinking about it, Wyatt wanted to see her. He began typing out his response. All the while, Jack was snoozing on his lap.

He didn't have a care in the world right now..

'I do :] I want to see you.' He meant every word of it. They had some catching up to do. A moment or two came and went, as he typed out another text. Jack let out another snore. Wyatt chuckled. 'And if I don't get up right now and start moving, Jack's going to make my leg go numb LOL.' As cute as Jack might be right now; Wyatt needed to shift positions and possibly wake him up in the process. It'll be a minor inconvenience for Jack, though.

He'll go back to sleep soon enough...
PM
^
Riley Bennett
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 08:33 PM
Local
Mandi

She was glad he was honest about his date. She wouldn’t have wanted to find out about it later. Finding out now was actually better because it allowed her time to process it, on her own, and not in front of him. One part of her was happy for him that he had a date, but the other half of her was disappointed, and maybe a bit jealous that it wasn’t with her. It was on a whim that she bid on him last year at the charity ball, but since that night she’d had a crush on him.

After finding out about his date, she fought against her instincts to withdraw the offer of getting together at all, and instead asked him if he wanted to do anything. Putting the ball in his court as they say. They were just friends, and had no distinct plans, so if he wanted to postpone, she couldn’t get upset.

As an attempt to distract herself as she waited for his reply, she busier herself by going back and finishing up putting her groceries away. It wasn’t too long before her phone chimed. Picking it up off the counter, her heart was racing as she opened the text message to see what it said.

’I do :] I want to see you.’ It read and she got a goofy grin on her face.

When his next one came, she chuckled out loud.

Typing back her replies, she then put away the last item in her cupboard before going to go change.

WWT
12:53 PM
Wyatt Hunter

Hey you!

Yes right now lol

He would probably love the attention lol.

Why do you ask?

Yeah, I'm available for a little bit. I do have somewhere to be at 5:00.

I signed up for that LoveMatch thing.

Oh ok.

Well did you want to do anything? I’ll leave it up to you. :]

I do :] I want to see you.

And if I don't get up right now and start moving, Jack's going to make my leg go numb LOL

Ok :]

Haha, well then we better get you up outta that spot.

When and where did you wanna go? I’m good with wherever.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll