September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 27th
May Announcements are out!

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Cheap Thrills, Tag: Heather Song
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:00 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather gave Frankie an annoyed look when she was called a queen know it all and an elitist. Heather didn't believe she was any of that, and did take offense.

"Look, I can be passionate when I have fandom convos," she said. "But that doesn't make me a bloody snob. I just... don't like when people are misinformed is all." Heather then took a big swig of her drink. "Okay, fine... like I said, I can be an arse. I'm not a bad person though... I'll shut up."

Heather smirked about the spandex, feeling a bit better now.

"The Dame Dragon would look amazing in spandex, and maybe a bit of glitter here and there too," she said. "I also want a dragon wing cape and fake dragon horns on my head... oh and something that shoots fire!" She nodded about being the expert. "I know my superhero costumes well."

Heather somehow believed the part about Frankie living in London. It was nice to know a little something about her.

"We used to take family outings to London ever so often," she said. "There was a this little pub called the Flat Cap that had some amazing fish and chips. I'd like to go back to England one day, visit some of my old haunts."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 11:09 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie laughed when Heather had her little fit. It wasn’t that she was a know it all, it was just that she knew it all. “You’re the one saying that’s a bad thing, I’m just calling words out like I see them. I don’t give a shit about anyone’s connotations.” She had, for several years, quite happily danced at a strip club. She didn’t say it like it was a bad thing. People thought it was a bad thing, but she got paid well and she enjoyed her job. If someone honestly saw something bad in something that Frankie said like it was neutral… well, she didn’t know why they were looking to be insulted. If she wanted to insult someone, she didn’t need to use words like elitist. Bitch was easier to get a point across with. It was all in the tone, not the words, anyway.

Dame Dragon was better, and would look amazing in Spandex. Frankie chuckled for a totally different reason. “Great,” Frankie noticed her drink was empty and waved the bartender over. “Can I have another? Grazie.” She turned her attention back to Heather, “Something that shoots fire, like a flamethrower? ‘Cause that would be pretty badass.

I know of a coffee shop with that name… dunno anything else,” Frankie shrugged. Family outings in London sounded familiar. Except it was more like her friends from the country coming into Milan for parties. Because she was much more familiar with Italy. She should really spend more time in Italy, but she didn’t like having to deal with her residency… or her parents. “I had a friend,” or more specifically a guy she was living with and sleeping with, “who owned a club in the area. I don’t know if its still open, but that is where I spent a lot of my time doing body shots.” Ah, good times. He was a pretty good guy, really. Too bad he got a shit hand liking Frankie.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
Tracker - Bisexual - Dancer at Stilettos - Apartment
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 06:58 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather didn't know quite what to make of Frankie at this point. She seemed sociable enough, but sort of had a nasty habit of being right about some of Heather's less noble traits. Heather decided it was best to just drop that part of the convo. Heather was tough, but didn't see Frankie as the type of person she wanted to cross swords with.

"Fair enough, mate," she said.

Heather loved talking about her costume. Frankie mentioned the flame thrower, and Heather came up with an idea. She needed to be writing this stuff down.

"Oooh... like mini flamethrowers on my wrists, sort of like Firefly from Batman," she said. "Looks like I might finally have a good concept for a comic." The thing was that Heather could draw, but writing a good comic book story was another thing altogether. However, if she kept going with Dame Dragon, she might have one.

Heather didn't remember any coffee place called The Flat Cap, but it did seem like a good name to call a place in general, so she supposed more than one business person went that route.

Heather then nodded at Frankie spoke about her friend and the body shots. She hadn't done those in a while.

"I miss home, and I actually miss Atlanta a lot too, though I go back there for DragonCon every year," she said. "I guess if I were to ever leave here, I'd miss Lochland Grove too."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 10:08 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie was a pretty assertive woman. It would be wrong to say she didn’t put up with bullshit, because she did that all the time, but she didn’t pretend it was something else. When Heather let the comment drop, Frankie didn’t bother clinging to it. They were apparently talking about places that they had lived and flamethrowers. Who didn’t want to talk about flamethrowers? They were pretty fucking great. Mini flamethrowers on wrists sounded like a good time. Firefly from Batman? Who the fuck was that? Frankie had no clue, so she just gave two agreeing nods and didn’t draw attention to not knowing as much about comic books as the would be queen of comic book trivia.

It looked to Heather like she had a good concept, “Rocambolesco,” Frankie said with a smile. It roughly translated to calling something exciting or impressive, but more in an adventurous and epic way. She figured it fit, hypothetically. “Are you planning to do something with that?

Onto a more subdued topic though, Heather missed home, and Atlanta, and would miss this place if she left. “I like it… been here longer than anywhere else besides Milano..” she shrugged, sipping at her new drink only so much. “Sounds very medieval. What all kinds of conventions have you been to? I just know comic and anime… and ones for work, but those are boring.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:23 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather then lifted an eyebrow when Frankie said something that she wasn't even sure that she could repeat. It sounded really cool though. She of course understood her perfectly when Frankie asked if she was planning to do something with it.

"Oh yeah," she said. "I'm an artist... well I'm an art major at the college. Anyway, it's been my big dream to create my own comic book series. I've had a hell of a time coming up with something, but Dame Dragon might just be it. Now to add in all the other stuff... secret identity, archenemy... back story." Heather sighed a bit.

Heather nodded as Frankie spoke of being in the town for a long time.

"I bet Milano's wicked," she said. "I've always wanted to go to Italy in general though."

Heather smiled at the topic of conventions. She could go on all day about them.

"Well DragonCon has a bit of everything for everyone who's a fan of anything fictional," she said. "It covers a ton of fandoms, and the cosplay there is fantastic. Aside from it, I go to a few anime cons here and there, oh and I went to Megacon in Orlando for a couple of years."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 05:56 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie had a certain way of speaking. It wasn’t really that weird, but a certain amount of Italian words mixed in, and her accent distinguished her from someone actually born or raised in any of the Americas. She assumed that people would either not understand her, or something that they would translate things for themselves. So when she heard Milano said back to her, it struck her as strange without the accent. Of course there was not much reason to take off the O, but she did wonder if Heather was fully aware that Frankie meant Milan, Italy. She said it Milano, Italia, because it was her hometown and she wasn’t going to translate that because it just sounded incorrect.

Heather was an artist. Art major in college. They were different things. You could absolutely be either without being the other, but you could also be both… or neither. Assumedly Heather was both. It seemed like she needed the character development figured out, but she was passionate about this. “I know someone who is into all of that stuff and a writing major at the college. Tiny little Asian girl too,” Frankie admitted, “You two might get along.

It is very fashionable and exciting… yeah. If you ever do get to Italia, I gave give you some landmarks to go see. Or you could wing it. Because I’m sure that you would have fun either way,” she admitted. Frankie was sure anyone could have fun in Milan. She was biased, but she was sure.

Apparently DragonCon had a lot for different fans. And it covered a lot of… fandoms? Frankie arched an eyebrow. Most of her time spent online was spent watching pole art videos, or googling her relatives. Fandom did not sound like a word that she recognized. But she want to some anime conventions, and Megacon. “Fandom sounds like a fan kingdom…” And not like a real word. The internet was full of non-real-words. “What’s Megacon about? I wouldn’t be going to a convention for myself, per se, so I don’t know much about that stuff.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 08:30 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Frankie mentioned that there was someone into the stuff Heather was into, and the girl was Asian as well. Heather chuckled at this, partly because her drinks were beginning to give her a good buzz.

"Well I hope she's Korean because I tend not to get along with non-Korean Asians... like at all," she said. "I'm kidding. I'd like to meet her."

Heather nodded about winging it in Italy.

"I like winging it," she said. "Trips to places like that aren't as fun if you're on some kind of schedule. One time I was at the Arctic section at Sea World and I was looking at the penguin exhibit when some tour guide tried to get us to join her tour. of the rest of the Arctic stuff. Fuck that. I wanted to watch the penguins so I did."

Heather laughed about the fandom being like a fan kingdom. Yeah, she was getting good and buzzed.

"Oh no, a fandom is just something a fan likes," she said. "Like Star Wars, Marvel Comics, Disney are all fandoms. And Mega's like Dragon's, only it's the biggest Con in Orlando while Dragon's the biggest one in Atlanta. Really, if you ever do go, the smaller Cons you've been too will help prep you for the big ones."

PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 09:21 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Frankie didn’t think a whole lot about the various “Asian” things. Just like she didn’t think a whole lot about the various European or American, or African things. You were from an area, you looked a way, and mostly she took people on a person by person basis. In other words, she didn’t think about them sharing a specific country. Korean. She needed to be Korean because Heather was apparently Korean, and didn’t get along with other non-Korean Asians. She was, predictably kidding. That would be weird if she wasn’t. “She actually is Korean. Half Korean, half… American,” she shrugged. She actually hated Min’s parents, so it didn’t matter what they were, just Min. Half-Korean, half white. Looked very Korean.

Heather liked winging it, so she wouldn’t get a list. Some friends of Min’s had gone to Milan a few months after Min and Frankie went, and Frankie was quite accommodating to them. She’d made sure one of her friends even acted as a tour guide, since neither of them spoke Italian. They did most of their own event planning though, so that worked out. Frankie laughed at the story about arctic animals. “I am sure the penguins appreciated that.

Fandoms were things a fan liked. Frankie laughed again, “I think those are called subjects… which would fit a kingdom, but not how I meant it. I mean, I like booze, can they be a fandom? Maybe its just fiction,” she laughed again. She would join a booze fandom, maybe. Megacon was like Dragoncon. A big convention in a city. Sure. If you went to those cities, she supposed. Smaller cons would prep. “Yeah, smaller would probably be best. I am just going to have to figure out the closest conventions, I don’t plan to have to take a plane or a twelve hour drive anywhere. That shit’s… nah, not unless I’m leaving the country.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Heather Song
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 08:32 PM
Newcomer
Knightshade

Heather felt she had come off as being a bit rude. She knew Frankie did not mean anything by what she said. Heather was a tad bit bitter over some people in the town who automatically assumed she was Chinese or Japanese without asking. There were also the jerks who, when she told them she was Korean, just assumed that her ancestors were among those North Koreans who had killed some of their ancestors in the way.

Again, though, Frankie didn't seem to be anything offensive by it, and Heather decided to lay off further jokes.

"I look forward to the chance of meeting her," smiled Heather. "Always nice to make new mates, eh?"

Heather nodded about the penguins appreciating Heather watching them.

"I'm sure they did," she joked. "They were just too cool to show they did. Penguins aren't humble, you know?"

Heather chuckled about booze being a fandom.

"Booze isn't, but it should be one," said Heather. "I'm a huge fan of booze!"

Heather shrugged about Frankie not being willing to go to the far-off Cons.

"The secret is to have a lot of good mates with you on the road trip," she said. "The journey can be as memorable as the destination that way."
PM
^
Frankie Nazarro
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 11:07 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

The fuck did Frankie know about offense being taken by someone assuming you were the wrong kind of Asian? She wasn’t offended. Now, if she felt like someone was actually trying to insult Min, she would be offended for Min. Probably a whole lot more than Min ever would be. Today wasn’t the day for that. Heather said that she looked forward to a chance to meet her and make a new friend. “Do you see a lot of tiny Asian girls on campus?” It might be easy to identify Min, honestly. She was five inches shorter than Frankie, and Frankie wasn’t tall. She couldn’t tell how tall Heather was from a sitting position, but she assumed that Heather was somewhere in the middle. Genetics or something, but really, how big was campus even?

Frankie laughed when Heather said that penguins were not humble. “No, I can’t say I’ve been properly educated on the mannerisms of arctic wildlife,” Frankie said. She took great care to pronounce all the words correctly, since her tongue was beginning to protest that many words at once. Those types of words. They weren’t that big, but still. Heather was a huge fan of booze, that made two of them.

Apparently the secret to a road trip was having a lot of good friends along the way. “Sounds like post card bullshit,” Frankie admitted, without any malice. The journey being great and all that shit. She didn’t care though. “My friends are shit in cars. Drunk too much. And they might kill each other if they were stuck together. Which would probably be worth it if I had a seat not in the center of the action, and I didn’t have to drive.” Or carry them back to the car when they threw up outside. Because they would be cheap and not get a hotel. She could just imagine her, Min, Elle, and Lenny on a drive. Absolutely hilarious, and such a trainwreck.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply