February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

END OF THE ROAD, Tag: Basil Kaya
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 11 2018, 01:34 AM
Local
Jaya

A work function in Hartford? Yeah, sure, that would be fine. Teagan Landry was your man. He could go, he could be presentable, he could drive there and gain valuable insight. With a slight underlying tone of “Dios mío, voy a morir.” Teagan was already regretting ever agreeing to this trip from hell. He was driving himself and a co-worker. Well, sort of a co-worker. They worked for the same business, but it wasn’t like they worked near each other. Basil Kaya worked with younger kids, and Teagan worked with high school, sometimes junior high kids. His substitute teaching ran the gambit, and if he did work for the school in the summer that could go any direction as well. Today he was just driving to a conference and driving back. An hour one way.

He wasn’t going to die. Probably.

Teagan was standing near the school exit. His 1985 black Chevrolet Corvette parked in the nearest parking space. It wasn’t that Teagan disliked driving. He was fine with driving… if he went no farther than Stone Lake. His son Robin had convinced him to purchase the car cheap and Robin had done all the work getting it to top condition. So it was ready to go, for years in fact. A nice, shiny black car. Comfortable, low to the ground, and Teagan wouldn’t have a problem driving it except for how far they would be going. Hopefully his counterpart was a lot more calm. Teagan was going to be acting as calm as he could. He was dressed like he would be any other work day, button down, tie, dress shoes, slacks. His briefcase was in the car. He had his phone, wallet, and keys, just waiting for Basil whenever he showed up. They’d agreed to meet there.

[Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: May 11 2018, 06:50 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Dear Journal-

I’ve made a gave mistake. I was having one of my good days when I entered the Teacher’s lounge intent on satiating my bread-filled cravings with a free bagel. Tracy had brought some in for the faculty in hopes of boosting moral during our final week of school. I may have taken two, the memory is hazy. The Kindergarten teaching staff was looking for someone who would not mind attending a work function. I thought it was in town and agreed promptly, figuring I would sacrifice a few hours of my day for the gracious ladies I worked with. I.. wasn’t expecting it to be in Hartford.

Hartford is about an hour away, not on foot but by car. I’m not sure I’ve ever been there. I’m not sure what I was thinking. If I started walking now I wouldn’t be there in time. My options were a bus or carpool, and I chose to enjoy the privacy of a stranger’s car to that of.. well.. hell on wheels. I need to prepare. I’ll buy some ginger pills, bring several sandwiches, and be fully prepared for this. Maybe a few drinks? I haven’t been on a road trip, short or otherwise, in years. I’ve barely been in a car.

If someone is reading this, please give this to my delightful mother. The address is listed in the back of the book in case of emergencies. Thank you.

Wish me luck, Journal.

-Basil.

PS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He could remember the family cat ( Snowflake? He was pretty sure it was snow flake.), It was always so quiet, avoiding everyone in the house. They really liked his mother. Basil could remember how much hair she’d clean off her uniform, and how many plastic bags littered her closet just to keep the invasion at bay. Almost everything was in a bag, but she loved that cat. As quiet as it was, the minute they were in a car she was loud and uncomfortable. If she was in a carrying case she’d throw up. If she wasn’t then she’d cry and hide somewhere then begin rotating laps, looking out windows, and plan her escape.

He felt like that cat.

As Basil neared the school he cleared his throat and tried to remind himself that he had eaten two motion sickness pills and had Gingins in her bag. The ginger candies were terrible, but better than what he feared. He waved awkwardly to the man he was almost certain was his ride and tried not to look green.

Were they really going in that car? Someone kidnap him. Now... right now.. here.. okay, maybe now? Just net him up and whisk him away. He’d accept somewhere comfortable such as the baker, his apartment, or possibly a nice cafe with amazing food.

Anything?

”Hello!” Was he wearing a pink shirt? That was brave. It looked great. Women probably loved the guy. ”I’m Basil, from the kindergarten staff.” He cleared his throat, unable to get comfortable with the anticipation of a ride out into the country side where there were no restrooms and they would probably be going over 25 miles per hour. Snowflake would have been trying to make a run for it. ”Is this your cat-er-car?” Right, great. Was he at least wearing the same shoes on the right feet? Yes? Oh good. Good. Something was going right for him today. ”It’s nice.”

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 26 2018, 11:27 PM
Local
Jaya

Hope his counterpart was a lot more calm. Well… he looked normal. Was normal like calm? Nope. He looked nervous, but normal. Also cute, but a passing identification of someone’s attractiveness did not stick in Teagan’s mind for more than a few seconds. It did not matter. He did not flirt with most people, did not flirt with colleagues(supposedly), and was not going to be looking at the man on the drive. He was going to be looking at the road. He could just hear his son’s sass. “You? Don’t flirt with colleagues? I’m sorry, should I be getting out the list?” Shut up imaginary Robin. You’re not even here.

At least one of them might seem normal.

He greeted Teagan warmly. Teagan would have chuckled at the notion that his shirt was brave. It looked good, right? Was that brave? Nah. Basil from the kindergarten staff seemed nice, and… shifty. You doing alright? Teagan kept the question to himself. Didn’t want to seem rude. The man didn’t seem sick, so he was probably just… tired? Jittery? Maybe he was shy. It didn’t matter, right. Teagan was dreading the distance, but for now he was on stable footing. They’d be… totally… fine. Yeah.

Basil asked about the car and Teagan chuckled at the minor misstep. “Gracias. My son picked it out so he could work on it.” He unlocked the doors and just about got inside. “Wait, did I not… wow, I’m so sorry. I’m Teagan. Landry. I’m distracted. Thinking about the conference. Its very nice to meet you.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 04:16 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Usually Basil liked to think of the word ‘anticipation’ as a positive statement. One reserved for birthdays and the smile Grey used to have when he gave her flowers. Such a word should have remained in the quiet happy places of his vocabulary, but it was all for naught. He was anticipating. Anticipating the ride, the bounces of the pavement, the high speeds in a large metal container.. oh hohoho.. He should added more ‘Hs’ to his ‘AHHHH’ at the end of his journal entry, they had been rather therapeutic. Just a few.. maybe three? Four? His ride’s car looked fast. Something out of a James Bond movie.

Was it something available on a teacher’s salory? Maybe he’d gotten it used? Did it make him feel the need to go fast? Was he a speed demon? Were they going to whip down the side roads at 88 miles per hour? Was the road made of spiders?

Okay.. okay.. dial it back there..

“Wait, did I not… wow, I’m so sorry. I’m Teagan. Landry. I’m distracted. Thinking about the conference. Its very nice to meet you.”

Basil shook off the momentary lapse in sanity to laugh at himself and wave as he went around to the passenger side of the cabin. ”A pleasure to meet you. I’m rather distracted myself. It comes with the territory of teaching, I suppose. We are always multi-asking and sometimes things get lost in the process.” He smiled, getting into the car with the bubble of anticipation still sitting in his stomach. Maybe it was time to call it’ dread’ instead. dread might be a better description. ”So, how long have you had this car? “ The urge to ask when the last safety inspection was and when he’d last his eyes tested was placed in a little spot in his mind far from his mouth where it could grow large and frightening without having to give it any attention. ”I gave up on transportation a long time ago and walk everywhere. I like to think it keeps me in shape. “ Among other things. ”I’m quite fond of the bakery, keeps the pounds off.. burns the eh.. “ He almost said ‘carbs’ and found the term a little insulting. ”Nonexistent love handles.” come to think of it, he had some comfort food in his bag... and was now afraid to eat it. The car was too nice for crumbs.

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 03:11 PM
Local
Jaya

Teagan did not keep any sort of journal, and supposed he didn’t know many people who did. At least, he didn’t know about it. If Orianna kept a journal Teagan would be completely unsurprised. It would suit her. Emotional, quiet, kept entirely private and orderly. Teagan, on the other hand, just made origami and spoke to a tombstone every week. It was the closest he got to a journal, to therapy. No spelling or extra letters required. He didn’t even read the newspaper that he made the bouquet out of. Sometimes he brought an extra and read a few articles. Maybe Chandra would care. Maybe she would have found it all very interesting. Teagan couldn’t ask, but it was nice that he knew he wouldn’t be overheard. His thoughts were not repeated. Kept safe like a journal. Everyone had something.

He did not consider his car particularly high end. It had been a lot junkier in the beginning. Robin took care of it like a father with a new baby. Tending to each little creak, replacing seats, engine parts, redoing the paint. The boy slaved over that car just because he wanted to. And Teagan got a nice high functioning, very low to the ground, motor vehicle for a low price to show for it. Kind of like his home. He got it run down, and put a lot of love and years and manpower into it. He could not account for the road being made of spiders though. That would seem unlikely.

Pleasantries aside, they were both distracted. Always multi-tasking. “Probably so.” Coping with reality all the while imagining potential doom that was entirely unlikely but oh so tangible. Ugh, Teagan wished he had a Valium or something. He ran his fingers through his hair once. How long had he had the car? “Hm… my son was… in 11th grade so… 2011 I believe. So seven years. Its in good shape.” His son would never let him miss his appointments. Or more accurately, if he did miss them, Robin was quick to remind him and fuss about it. Teagan was not allowed to ruin this car.

Basil apparently walked everywhere. “Well its definitely healthier.” He waited for them both to be inside and buckled up before he bothered to start the car. The radio was off as a default. Teagan chuckled at the description of burning off his nonexistent love handles. “I guess its better than burning off the existent ones? That’s good though. I take my dog on walks frequently so that’s most of my exercise. And jogging out at Stone Lake. Do you like the lake?” He did pay careful attention to the road as he pulled out, content to drive while he was still in the safe haven of Lochland Grove.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:43 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Usually small talk was not a painful process. It was easy to simply take what was around him and turn it into a mutual experience. Yet for some reason Basil was finding it difficult to communicate. The moment he sat down in the car, he knew he would be struggling. He practically held his breath as he learned about the car and-wait-Teagan’s sun was in 11th grade? He looked young. His age? Maybe younger? The thoughts buzzed in his head, circling like an army of bees.

Was it rude to ask?

The Kindergarten teacher calmed his head, fastened his seatbelt, and talked about walking. walking was nice. It was safe. It was not in a car. The best place to burn off any fat (or nonexistent love handles) he might have was on his own two feet. “Well its definitely healthier.” It was also a great way to work of his anxiety. yup. He’d like to go walk now. Just.. start walking. The vibration of the car starting was not helping this. “I guess its better than burning off the existent ones? That’s good though. I take my dog on walks frequently so that’s most of my exercise. And jogging out at Stone Lake. Do you like the lake?” Basil exhaled a soft laugh, looking at the passing buildings for comfort. ”I was afraid you’d say ‘do you jog’. I do like the lake. I make it a point to go camping at Stone Lake a few times a year.” He admitted pleasantly, grateful for the well constructed roads of Lochland County. ”I like to consider myself a domestic hiker. I like walking long miles of road, popping into truck stops for a nice shower and eating real food as often as possible. I’ve seen miles upon miles of road. The idea of hiking out in the wilderness for an extended period of time might kill me. I wasn’t a boy scout growing up. I’d probably die on the first poisonous berries I found.. or the first wild animal that wanted to eat me.” Oh, that was a pleasant thought.

Okay, think positive: So far so good. He didn’t feel sick, nervous he’d get sick, but not sick.

Clearing his throat, he tried a new subject. ”So you have a dog? And a son? And your car is still clean?” As a kindergarten teacher he’d seen a large share of parent-owned cars. ”That’s impressive. Granted, you said that your son was in 11th grade.” That still was unbelievable. Basil glanced at the other man again, looking for wrinkles and signs of aging. Was that a toupee? ”I’m very.. organized. Military brat. My mother was rather.. strict.. on room cleaning.” He really should call her. Maybe later that evening.

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:29 PM
Local
Jaya

There were usually two things that people thought, or said, whenever Robin came up. The first was usually from ignorance. Oh, you have a son? How cute, how old is he? The second was also from a sort of ignorance, when anything about his age actually came up. Wait… how old are you? Maybe one day Teagan would be old enough that people would stop asking, but it seemed unlikely. They were, after all, only eight years apart, so unless people starting guessing that Teagan was a fair few years older than his actual age, it seemed like this series of confusions would persist. He pretty much assumed that it was happening even before anyone actually brought it up. Fortunately it didn’t bother him in the slightest. Not until people starting going further than confusion.

The question about Robin, or about Teagan’s age, did not come. Which was just as well. Teagan was thoroughly distracted by the comments made by his counterpart. A domestic hiker. It was an interesting term. Not one Teagan had heard before, but certainly one he could understand and appreciate. “That does sound nice. Nomadic even.” He waited for the end. Basil would die at poisonous berries or wild animals. He chuckled lightly, it wasn’t a pleasant thought, but it wasn’t a present danger either. “Well then keep to society. I couldn’t do that. I’m not good at travelling. I pretty much go as far as Stone Lake and…” he did a small motion with his hand, taking it off the wheel for a moment. “I’m happy to come right back home.” He was not a homebody, he just had a town wide comfort zone.

Basil brought it back to Teagan. A dog, a son, and a clean car. Teagan chuckled. “Yes, well Etienne doesn’t generally get in my car and… yes, Robin is well old enough to clean up after himself. He would be highly displeased with me if I left the car in disarray.” Although, he wasn’t currently in 11th grade. “He’s actually out of college now. In town now working an internship.” Basil spoke of being a military brat, “That does make the nomadic thing seem more likely. Its good to be organized.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Basil Kaya
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 12:02 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Everything feels faster in a sports car. Close to the ground, engine humming. Basil was trying hard to look around him. The more he looked the more he could at least reason with his body that they were indeed moving at some degree of his own will. Yes. His eyes would fool his stomach and he would not start breathing slowly just to keep himself calm. He WAS Calm.

Mostly.

Sure, the moment they hit a stop sign he immediately imagined that they were going to gun the engine and fly across the pavement at super sonic speeds, but for the moment he was under some control. He simply held on to the door handle and tried to look relaxed. The cleanliness of the car was at least a small relief. He was almost certain he’d be looking for dead people or the remains of them if there was much in the way of litter around him. Bsil liked to be in control of his life and surroundings; this was not control. This was an internal monologue building him slowly towards- ”Oh look at that a … fuzzy. Thing. “ IT was too fast for him to know what it was. It was brown- or black? Grey? It was fat, yes, it was fat. He knew that much. ”I wonder how often the wildlife roams the roads in Lochland.” He let out a soft laugh. ”Was that a deer? I think that was a dead deer?” He swore he was calm. Mostly calm. Calm enough. ”I can’t imagine hitting a deer in a car.” That was a lie. That was exactly what he was doing now.

”Any hobbies?”

Anything but imagining a large animal jumping infront of this black bullet and crushing the windshield, hood, maybe him…. Oh.. please anything but that. ” books, walking, eating, reading-” His brain quickly reminded him he’d just said books.. walking and eating? Were these real hobbies? STOP! ”-the newspaper.” Good, nice save.

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:05 PM
Local
Jaya

It was probably fair to say that Teagan could stand to get a more sensible car. There was not a current need for it though. If he needed to ride with multiple people, he could do that, and his car worked for two people. T got him to and from work, and carpooling wasn’t the most convenient anyway. Not constantly. It worked well for him though, just for his work activities. It didn’t bother him to hear the engine hum and feel the slightest bumps on the road.

Teagan had no real reason to worry about travelling in a motor vehicle, so his mind was perfectly open to worry about what people they might run into all the way in Hartford. It was irrational, really. Things had definitely come to Lochland Grove to undermine him, so why should he feel safe here? Like any less than ideal situation, he had accepted his place, and it was not the best, but he could cope with that. It was nice to just go and do something for work. That was his domain. One he had chosen for himself, not one that had fallen in his lap. Not a town he’d been brought to, or a house he’d inherited. He fidgeted with his finger a bit, but kept eyes secure to the road.

He noticed at some point that Basil was holding his door handle. It would be rude to ask. A fuzzy… thing? “Um, probably a cat, hm?” Nope, Basil was talking some more. How often the wildlife roamed the roads? “I imagine fairly often, just getting to the other side. Like a chicken. But they don’t linger. Or, some come to the road because the sun heats it, but that’s more in the winter I’d think?” A dead dear? Probably not? Um…

Any hobbies?

Teagan blinked quickly a few times before trying to focus on the road. Books, walking, eating? Reading the newspaper. A slight chuckle at his potentially uncomfortable companion. “The newspaper is good. I don’t keep up with the current events very well, I’m usually distracted in my own world… school and books. I have been studying Russian I guess, and… well, reading. How long have you been working for the school district?” It seemed that talking was definitely better for them. Teagan was almost abl to ignore their entrance to the highway.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply