February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

October 13st
Halloween is here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

The Lochland Times, Edition 27
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:18 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 27Lochland's Most Reliable NewsAugust 2017
Lochland History Museum Opens Doors
Lochland Special Report
The heat index in the last week have been between 105 and 107. Temperatures in Lochland Grove have stayed at a dramatic high this Summer, leading residents to seek refuge indoors. In response, The Town Council has called for an emergency meeting. Over the past weekend plans were made to make the last month of the season a cooler one and the results are exciting.With the help of resident suggestions, August weekends will be full of fun for all.

WATER WARS
When: August 5th & 6th
Time: 10 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Where: In Unity Park
Bring: Sunblock, swimsuit, towels, squirt guns!

Leave it to the Fire Department to run an event full of squirt guns when they have the biggest squirt gun in Lochland. Come to Unity Park to play on slip 'n slides, splash in wading pools, and dance under a stream of water straight from a big red firetruck. Those who bring squirt guns will be divided into teams for an all out water war! Nobody will go home dry.

MOVIES AT THE LAKE
When: August 12th & 13th
Time: 11 A.M. - 12 P.M.
Where: Stone Lake
Bring: A swimsuit, sunblock, flotation devices, and anything you usually take to the beach.

Jump in the lake at Stone Lake Campground, and enjoy the show. The Community College-

-has happily donated a massive theater screen for a weekend of fun flicks. Popcorn and cool drinks will be available. Bring a picnic basket for a fun family meal. There is plenty of shade under the trees.

Movies will begin at 7 p.m. and continue until midnight.

Saturday Movies
Finding Nemo
Ghost Busters

Sunday Movies
The Little Mermaid
Independence Day

SCAVENGER HUNT
When: August 19th & 20th
Time: 10A.M. - 5 P.M.
Where: Plum Avenue
Bring: Umbrellas for shade, sunblock.

The shop owners on Plum Avenue would like to invite kids ages 3 to 12 to come enjoy a Scavenger hunt! For a day Ye be pirates, yarr. Follow the treasure map given at Plum Street Bakery on a quest for gold. Every shop will have cold treats and air conditioning to beat the heat. Get a stamp from shops in the proper order. Enjoy fun entertainment of street musicians, mimes, and jugglers all there to help you on your quest. Bottled water available to everyone.

MUD RUN
When: August 26th
Time: 1 P.M.
Where: Stone Lake

Having recently housed a county-wide mud run, Stone Lake has an obstacle course made for community fun. 3.1 miles, 14 obstacles and plenty of mud cover this event. Lochland Athletes are welcome to come out to run, walk, climb, jump, and laugh their way from start to finish. There is even a kid zone (ages 12 and under). The camp ground showers are available for participants.

New to Mud Runs? Here are 6 Tips for Mud Run Rookies:

1. Dress as if you were a teenage girl or wear 100 percent cotton shirts.

2. Don't jump in the mud pit. Ease in and watch out for the girl with the hose—she has bad aim.

3. Choose your shower partners wisely.

4. Have a friend at the event who isn't running to take pictures and hold a change of clothes for you.

5. Bring some real beer with you in the car for after the event.

6. Revel in the glory when you're done. It's even better than you think and you're surrounded by countless others who have just been through the same experience. Take it all in and enjoy.

The Weekends promise to be full of activity. No matter what you do, stay cool.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:20 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Double Homecoming Makes For Double The Fun.
Lochland Special Report
As the long days of summer come to a close and the brilliant colors of fall begin to make their appearance, we here in the town of Lochland Grove turn to the celebration of Homecoming to keep our spirits high. Unlike most towns, the high school and community college celebrate their homecoming events at the same time. Graduates flood the town in an air of cheer nostalgia to celebrate years long past with former school mates.

This years event was kicked off with a tailgate party hosted by our very own Community College and they sure do know how to throw a party! The crowd was as lively as the music and the menu was a smorgasbord of good ol' fashioned grilled food, salads made of pasta, potato, and egg (not all in the same salad, mind you), and so many baked beans. Food and drinks were provided by the faculty of the high school and town council, all coming together to support the home teams. It truly was one of the-

-best and biggest tailgating experiences that has been seen here but the fun didn't stop there!

A small fair ground was available in the High School parking lot. Games, fair food, and fireworks entertained alumni and their families. Sports lovers left the fun early to pack into the bleachers of LGCC (Lochland Grove Community College) and turned their attention to the field to welcome back our sports teams with a riveting game of football. Fans of all ages cheered from the stands as LGCC brought in the winning touchdown, concluding the game with a score of 47 to 33. Congratulations guys, way to kick off the season!

Talk about an exciting day, but here in Lochland we really know how to celebrate and wanted to make sure the students and faculty kick the school year off right; you guessed it, there was even a-

-parade! The High School and LGCC bands took the lead followed by floats made by several of the art students and once again set the town ablaze with school pride.

Finally, the festivities ended with the traditional homecoming dance held at the Red Vines Banquet Center. The Students and participating Alumni looked stunning as they gathered for one last event to commemorate the beginning of yet another school year. High School Homecoming King and Queen were crowned at the end of the evening, and no one was surprised to see that the valedictorians had earned the titles; we know your highnesses are capable of great things.

To our King and Queen and the rest of the students and staff, welcome back and we hope you have a great year!

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:22 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Lewis Killer Found?
Early last month Ice Cream Man Zachary Rawlings was apprehended as a possible suspect in the murder of 19 year old Chase Warner. The Victim worked for a competitive Ice Cream business, Ice Cream Dream, and was involved in an altercation with Rawlings several months prior.

The owner of Ice Cream Dream has stepped forward to pay his condolences to the family of Chase and hopes to donate part of his august funds to help cover funeral expenses. Little new information has become available, but officials have admitted that Warner was killed in a similar method to the ‘Robert Lewis’ killer.

A court date has yet to be announced. Officials ask that anyone with information about the case please contact the LGPD.

Adult Only Carwash
With all of Lochland Grove looking for ways to stay cool, it isn’t a surprise that Stilettos wants in on the action. Our local strip club has conspired with Save the Ta-Tas Foundation to earn to help raise money for breast cancer research.

On August 19th starting at noon, come conspire for a little sexy fun at the Club’s First Ever Bikini Car Wash Party. Located in the Stilettos parking lot.

Every Donator can:

-Enjoy a drink from the Tiki Bar> -Listen to live local bands
-Enjoy a titillating car wash

The club welcomes every guest, but those who donate over 100 dollars can receive a VIP PASS to enjoy more of what the party.

VIP PASS

-enjoy the Tiki Bar.
-Listen to live local bands rock the evening away.
-Join the ladies in the cool waters of their twin pools.
-Go inside the club to get out of the heat to enjoy the bar and in house DJ.
-a an attractive T-shirt.

The car wash will open at noon and continue until 8:30, the party will continue until 12 A.M.

The staff of Stilettos asks that everyone drink responsibly and stay hydrated during this hot time of year.

*All club rules still apply. We hold a strong ‘no touching’ policy.
*Swimsuits are mandatory for pool going VIPS.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:23 PM
The Admins

Wedding Announcement

Maisey - Fox

image Erin Jade Maisey and Charlie Daniel Fox were married on July 22nd 2017 in a beautiful hotel ceremony in Long Beach, California.

The bride is the daughter of Laura and David Maisey, she is a graduate of California State University and is currently the manager of Looseleaf Books in Lochland Grove. The bridegroom is the son of Anna and Liam Fox, he is a graduate of University of New Orleans and is an English and Drama teacher at August Whitmore Public School in Lochland Grove.

The bride was given away by her father and her flower girls were her step-sister, Emma Shepherd and the bridegroom's niece Nilah Fox.

After a honeymoon in the Bahamas, the couple plan to reside in Lochland Grove, Connecticut.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:24 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Lochland : What is your dream Summer Vacation?
Lochland Special Report
Nikolai Mozarov
"My dream summer vacation would be spent either in nature somewhere or travelling to a new location. China sounds good."

Colton Spade
"It'd be spent sitting on a beach with good company and a frozen drink in hand. Can't beat beach waves and sun rays."

Kiefer Carter
"Concert road trip. Great tunes, good friends."

Ian Stuart
"Taking my wife and daughter back to California and going beach hunting across the coast."

Jaina Carter
"I'm actually doing my dream vacation soon! Taking my Bowie on his first Disney trip!"

Blake Gutierrez
"Literally any trip to Warped Tour."

Jason Kelley
"Drink plenty of water and keep the AC running."

Heather Song
"Universal Studios with all my mates!"

Casey Wallace
“Can I say, nothing? I mean, having a summer without responsibility, where I can sleep in, or stay up late, or do or not do all the things I want? I mean… sure you might eventually get bored, but I’d sure love to find out.”

Kyler Landon
"I'd love to go somewhere warm and sunny like a private island with my boyfriend, that would be nice."

Catie Holmes
"I always enjoyed spending vacation visiting family I don't get to see too often, but if I wasn't doing that I suppose I'd love to go to Paris!"

Cayaln Gallows
"A cabin in the mountains, a beach house. Anywhere were I can relax and read and cuddle with my dogs."

Luca Barzetti
"I'd like to be sittin' in my home, in the cool AC with a hot cigarette, and no one botherin' me."

Graziella Vespansiano
"My dream Summer Vacation would be to visit Italy! I'd love to reconnect with my family over seas. The weather, the scenery, the shopping!"

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:26 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Norma
Lochland Special Report
PETS

DEAR NORMA: it is my boyfriends birthday next month and I really want to surprise him with a puppy since he has been talking about getting one for some time now. My only concern is if he doesn’t bond with the puppy I pick out for him? We’ve talked about what breed he prefers but I don’t want to choose a dog that doesn’t match his personality. I’m worried I’d get it wrong -- BARKING MAD LOVE

DEAR BARKING: Surprising someone with a new pet can be tricky. You’ve spotted to first and foremost issue with it. What if the Birthday Boy doesn’t bond with the Birthday Pupper? I think your solution lies in a different kind of surprise. Rather than choosing the puppy yourself I suggest driving your Boyfriend to the nearest Animal Shelter under the rouge of dropping off some donations. Once there spring the surprise on him that you’ve actually gone to adopt his next best friend. Allowing him to pick the animal himself will give you the peace of mind you are looking for!

SEX

DEAR NORMA: My spouse has a way higher sex drive than I do and it's because I'm not comfortable with my body. I'm Stirling on fixing what I don't like and I have talked to my spouse but how do I make sure they're taken care of physically? -- LOWMODE

DEAR LOWMODE: It is fantastic that you are working on your self image and that you have communicated with your spouse- loving yourself and communication are two of the most important things I would stress here. Now when it comes to making sure your spouse is taken care of physically the only reasonable advice I can give you is to continue to communicate. They know you are working on your self image but also communicate to them that you want to make sure they are well taken care of as well. It’s important for them to feel that you have taken their needs into account. Talking with your partner further is your best route.

RELATIONSHIP

DEAR NORMA: I've been dating this guy for a year, just over, and he's great. We have our moments but nothing that threatens the relationship. Only thing is that his brother keeps flirting with me, like he hints at sex constantly. This just started a few weeks ago but I haven't told my boyfriend because I don't think he'll believe me and I don't want to start drama in his family. What should i do? --- NO LIKEY

DEAR NO LIKEY: This situation calls for being up front. Next time the brother approaches you and begins to make you feel uncomfortable by flirting, clearly inform him that it makes you uncomfortable. If he continues reiterate that his actions make you uncomfortable and that you are happy in your current relationship. If the situation does not remedy I suggest you pull your boyfriend aside and speak with him about his brother. There is a chance that your boyfriend has also noticed the flirting. It is best to discuss this with your boyfriend before things get out of hand.

CHILDREN

DEAR NORMA: I have a very picky eater in the form of a four year old. I’ve tried everything from making funny faces in food to trying to disguise food. She refuses to eat anything other than chicken nuggets and hot dogs. Do you have a suggestion that could help me? -- JUST EAT IT

DEAR EAT: Picky eaters are always difficult. The only suggestion that I have seen work (in my own family) is allowing the child to help prepare meals with you. It may be a hassle and require extra effort on your part, but allowing your child to prepare and then cook the food they will be eating has seen even the pickiest of eaters brought to their knees. A child proud of the food they made is more willing to at least try new flavors. I recommend starting with easy recipes written for children. You can find these easily on the internet, Pinterest is full to the brim with them, and even on the side of most food packaging!

FOOD

DEAR NORMA: My great-mother-in-law is a huge food critic. I can never make anything she approves of! Could you recommend a good recipe that would blow her socks off at the next family event? -- FOOD FAIL

DEAR FOOD: A food critic in the family is nearly as bad as they come. For guaranteed Knock The Socks Off Your Great-Mother-In-Law I suggest Hummingbird Cake. Recipe as follows:

2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped black walnuts
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 pound butter, softened
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs, pineapple, bananas and nuts. Add flour mixture, and mix together by hand.
4. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center of each pan comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks.
5. Prepare the frosting by blending together the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
6. Evenly spread frosting on middle, sides and top of cake.

MONEY

DEAR NORMA: I am nine. My daddy's birthday is soon but I don't have a job to get money to by him a gift. I want to make him a race car because he likes to watch them but all I have is a pinewood derby kit from my birthday one time. What if he don't like it? --- NINE YEAR OLD WITH NO MONEY

DEAR NINE YEAR OLD: It is always the thought behind the gift that counts. A hand-made gift from you would be sure to light up his life and I'm sure he will love it. You might ask another adult for assistance while assembling your kit if sharp tools are needed.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:26 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 27Lochland's Most Reliable News August 2017
Your Horoscope
ARIES
( March 21 - April 19)
Keep an open heart and an open mind, and things will go your way this month. Take chances at doing something new and fun. You only live once!

TAURUS
(April 20 - May 20)
Anything that needs mending will be done so this month. It is the perfect opportunity for you to mend old wounds and get your relationships back to where they should be. Let go of the past and embrace the future.

GEMINI
(May 21 - June 21)
If life feels like it has been spinning out of control lately, do not despair. Everything, from your work prospects to your personal endeavors, will be improving. Put in a little effort and you will see just how great the good life can be.

CANCER
( June 22 - July 22)
You're going to have a lot of free time coming up so spend that time wisely with your family. Go on a vacation or rekindle an old flame. Don't worry about finances; this is good month for work too.

LEO
(July 23 - August 22 )
Love and romance may have been putting your heart through the ringer for some time now but keeping positive will get you through the tough times. No one suffers forever. Try to find purpose in every encounter whether it's good or bad.

VIRGO
(August 23 - September 22)
Prosperity is coming your way. Enjoy it but be sure that you don't let your good fortune blind you to other matters in life that may need your attention too.

LIBRA
(September 23 - October 22)
While you will find that your career is going your way, your love life is doing whatever it wants. Just hold on tight and see where it leads you but don't hesitate to trim away excess baggage from your life if it becomes bad for your health.

SCORPIO
(October 23 - November 21)
All of the seeds of effort you've sown in personal relationships have finally started to grow. Don't be afraid to show pride in the results.

SAGITARIOUS
(November 22 - December 21)
This is the time for you to put aside your own wants and desires and focus on those who need you in your life. Put your family and friends first and the rewards will be great.

CAPRICORN
(December 22 - January 19)
Putting a little extra effort into your love life now will be well worth the energy you spend to do so. Before you know it, you'll be floating in emotional bliss with your lover.

AQUARIUS
(January 20 - February 18)
When everyone is pulling you in different directions for different , remember to know when to pull away and focus on yourself. After all, you only get one you.

PISCES
(February 19 - March 20)
Focus is the main theme for this month. It will bring you clarity in where you need to be, especially in your professional life. Let focus and logic, not temper and emotion, lead you to success this time around.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll