PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

August 8th
The Activity Check is over!

August 1st
Activity Check Time!

July 29th
July Announcements!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Watered Grass is Greener, Tag: Sera Drake
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 11:42 PM
Newcomer
Zed

A day off, it was always an unusual day that falls outside the usual morning ritual, wake up when the alarm goes off, shower, shave, moisturize, put on a pair of black slacks, undershirt, a white dress shirt, black tie in the usual Grantchester knot. Badge, gun, handcuff holder on the belt, keys and cell phone in pocket, pens black gel it was a routine he followed every day of the week save for two and the usual routine followed when on call. It was almost religious in the fact of when he woke up and when he stepped out the door it would take thirty-five minutes exactly.

Five minutes from the station, two additional minutes to the desk so he knew to leave forty-two minutes or earlier if he wanted to make it on time and Cooper was never late. Today was the exception it was one of the two days and right now he had a list of chores on his mind and as of this moment, he was halfway through. Dry cleaning was picked up, shirts were starched and pressed, the house was cleaned and vacuumed. The lawn freshly cut, bordered, a drizzle of weed and feed was spread over the top of the grass and now the sprinklers were running.

Cooper sat on the front porch of his house, sitting in a steel deck chair, a small glass filled with two shots of Johnnie Walker blue next to him on a table. Picking up the glass he took a minimal sip of the drink before setting it aside and letting it leak down his throat. It didn't even make him wince now, the burn non-existent, the only thing now was the feeling the weightlessness that would follow once he'd drank enough of the stuff and he figured why not go for the good stuff?

Dressed in a pair of jeans, back belted and a tucked in red polo shirt and grass-stained white sneakers he was enjoying the day off as much as possible and hell he didn't have plans to go anywhere so... screw it. He sat there his eyes following the path of the sprinkler spray as it was following the same repeated pattern, the same path, occasionally a neighbor would walk by and wave which prompted Cooper to do nothing more than raise two fingers as if to do nothing more than acknowledge the neighbor's existence.

A hand reached to the side reclaiming the glass as Cooper brought it to his lips and took another small sip of the sweet oaky scotch then setting the glass back down from wince it came.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 10:48 PM
Townie
Jaya

The summer heat was not Seraphim’s favorite. It was such a nice Saturday thus far, but she had things on her mind. This was nothing new. Each peaceful day had the potential of being ruined by her mind. By the ever present worries of the future, guilt of the past, and whatever the hell was going on in the present. She needed to see Cooper.

That morning she had gotten up with Lainey, as she did every day for a little over two years now. They had breakfast, oatmeal with fruit and milk. They got dressed and drove to the nearby town with the skating rink. It was about a thirty minute drive one way, which wasn’t bad by any means, but it wasn’t convenient to just pop over. This meant Seraphim couldn’t just fit in some skating every day. She would have loved that. Instead it was jogging, yoga, and the cardio that came with keeping up with an enthusiastic two year old. On Wednesday she went ice skating as part of her other private Wednesday evening activities. It was the only time she had alone on the ice, and it was one of the best moments she had each week. Saturdays she and Lainey skated. And most other days of the week she was teaching Lainey to inline skate.

Supposedly helmets and knee pads should be worn at all times. Lainey was convinced of this, even in her dresses, even at lunch.

They’d been out skating, and Seraphim felt great, except for the weight on her mind as she parked in front of Cooper’s house. She took a sip of her bottle water and then slipped it into her Penguin bag. Lainey’s bag was with her, at a friend’s house. She did not need her little girl running around for this. She wasn’t even sure if she would bring it up. Seraphim was wearing her old charm bracelet from Cooper, a short sleeved striped gray and blue fit t-shirt, black cigarette skinny jeans, black boots, a watch, and some cutesy flower earrings. She didn’t care. They were cute, Lainey liked them. Sera had her hair pulled back in a low pony, which was keeping her from fussing with it. Normally that wasn’t a problem, but she was feeling restless.

She walked along the side toward Cooper, her bag over her shoulder. She put her keys in her pocket, noticing her drink and assuming without indifference what was probably in it. She could be wrong, but she was attuned to him and his habits. They were friends. She spoke to him most days. She brought Lainey to see him regularly. There had been times when she still considered moving in with him. How would it go? Would Lainey prefer it? Would it make her parents closer, or put more of a strain on things? It would help with rent, but it was not as if Seraphim actually needed money. Despite giving five thousand dollars to some friends as a baby shower gift, she was very, very secure. Despite the appearance of her low rent apartment and simple waitress job. She was fine, she just liked to work, and she didn’t like to move.

Seraphim walked over to Cooper, standing beside his chair, “Hey… care for some company today, Cooper?” She wasn’t sure what he would say. They were friends, but closeness was difficult. Not on her part. She loved him, and if her dreams had anything to say, she was still very much in love with him. It was hard to be with someone who was so cold though. He loved Lainey, but… well, she’d broken things off because it was difficult. Because it didn’t seem to be improving. Sometime she looked at him and wanted to just sit in his lap, grab his face, and ask him what they could do to fix things. Some nights she wished she had moved in with him so that she could wander over to his room and make questionable choices. Many days she wondered if it would benefit him to have his little girl in the house, and even have Sera around.

She knew she would be highly jealous if she ever saw him with another woman. It wasn’t simple though. Nothing about them was simple. Especially not her thoughts. She tried to keep the anxiety out of her features, but she wasn’t sure how much success she was having.

[Outift]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 01:51 AM
Newcomer
Zed

Cooper made sure not to enjoy a drink on days he watch Lainey, he was dead sober on those days but today was not one of those days not until he saw Sera's car pulling up into the driveway. He sat up a bit and brought the glass back to his lips and sipped it down a bit longer finishing it to the point it was a single shot. Watching Sera get out of the car he expected her to walk to the back door but no she had her bag and walked up towards the porch requesting to join him. Humorless was his expression as Cooper gestured to the nearby chair, "Sure, Sera." He stood slowly out of manners for her to approach and sit before he would. It was his first drink of the day so he was hardy drunk, no he was simply being his usual stoic self, sipping on an aged scotch.

"Where's Lainey, is she okay?" He asked in case this was a one of those listen don't be mad or afraid but this happened kind of talks. When it came to anything other than Lianey, Cooper slowly stopped caring on a personal basis. When someone died he investigated and determined the cause of death, then he found the responsible party and put them in jail until they went to court. He took care of himself because it was professional and well professional always panned down, it was always fruitful but when it came to personal shit it was a constant kick in the nuts with a steel toe kodiak work boot, and just when he would figure life was done chewing on him and decided to finally put him down to grow as a person he was plucked back up and chewed up, mashed up and spit out, so why try?

When she finally sat down he took a final long sip of the drink and set it down before sitting himself and sighing as he looked over to her, "So whats up Sera?" He asked cordially as he turned the glass upside down and leaving it that way as he looked over to her, the table between them was small, roughly the size of a chess board and intended to hold a few cans of soda or a few wine glasses, point being there was a while area to traverse. "You look well."
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 08:45 AM
Townie
Jaya

There had been a time when Cooper about fell over himself at seeing Seraphim. A time when he had been at least thrilled to see her. Maybe the numbness came from her calling things off, or maybe she called things off because of the numbness. It did not change how she felt about him, and it did not change the tension of trying to talk to him right now. Whatever could have been different, it was what it was. He stood and she aimed to give him a hug. She liked to touch him, but more than that, she was affectionate with her friends. Also she was weary, and that made her want to be even more affectionate. She wouldn’t bother him if he seemed to not want to be touched, but it was her inclination.

Regardless, she sighed and took a seat in a moment. She had not had any alcohol since she got pregnant with Lainey. Since she got tipsy around Cooper and… well it was the last time she’d done something else as well.

Where’s Lainey, is she okay?

She’s fine. We got back from ice skating and I left her with some friends for the time being. She is probably just keeping them on their toes.” She left her hands on her knees, weary, contemplative. Cooper had shut down. Seraphim needed him. Of course she did. They had a child together. They had been dating. More than those things though, she was the only person that she had from the past. Other than someone who had reached out to contact her, but that was a matter she supposed she should address… separately. She hadn’t even gone back to Arizona because she did not want to go alone. She had some memories, but most were out of her hands. Out of reach. They probably weren’t even there anymore. Like pictures burned in a fire. Only ash now.

But he was here. Except… he wasn’t. “So what’s up Sera? You look well.

Thanks. You do too… as ever,” another sigh. “I was wondering about us.” which sounded distinctly like a conversation she wasn’t trying to have right now. She had three questions. A series. One after the other. Or at least that was how she had mapped it out in her mind. Question one, “Do you think that much about our relationship, or relationships, if you want to think of it like that. I guess they were pretty different.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 06:16 PM
Newcomer
Zed

Cooper was a different man since college, in college he never thought a girl like Sera would ever be interested in a dweeb like him and then she was and then there was more, there was a future, there was a plan and the horizon seemed bright like the arising sun at the intended destination. But things changed, drastically, each change another link on the chain and each link heavy which made the chain heavier. When she approached he didn't protest the hug but at first he didn't return it, it felt weird and dare he think it felt foreign like that cousin you never met who seemed exuberant that you existed and met you with a hug. A single hand came around as he eventually returned it. But it was over and she took her seat and he took his finishing off the remaining shot and setting the glass down upside down.

Her answer brought ease to his concerns, and so he went through the usual pleasantries, and she replied which made a tiny smirk appear at the corner of his lips, only for the next question to wipe it away. "Us?" The next series of questions were strange, almost invasive considering the dynamic between them and yet not, it was confusing but also straight questions. "I always think about us, in all of it. Yeah, different is one way to put it." He was civil his tone was monotone and also lacked any real emotion behind his words, like an old tour guide going through the motions of the same tour day by day. "Was there something more specific you are wondering about it... what it was, is .."

Cooper didn't know anymore it was mentally exhausting to contemplate.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 07:25 PM
Townie
Jaya

Us?

Yes. The ever complicated, ever fluctuating, mess of a thing. Us.

He claimed to always think about them, in all of it. That didn’t do anything for her. Did he think that she wanted to hurt him by calling things off? Did the think things had been working? Did it matter to him? She supposed it probably didn’t matter, to him, but it did, to her. Was it even worth bringing this up? Was there anything more specific she was wondering about?

You could sound ever so slightly like you care either way, Cooper,” she told him with a slight sigh. He was like this now. Maybe it was easier for him. What was wrong with the two of them? They had both endured so many things, but they were so, so different in their personalities by now.

Sure, I’m wondering what you think it was, but… I guess more so, do you… think our relationship was bad for you? Or bad to you…” she frowned, looking at the little heart tattoo on her wrist, running her thumb over it. She knew the heart was not specific to him, but it was from the past. A past where they’d been together, and happy. Optimistic. Even when they’d had Lainey, and he came back from prison things had been possible. Maybe it was better now that they weren’t together, but she would prefer to think otherwise.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 08:48 PM
Newcomer
Zed

Cooper looked in her direction in a few moments of silence when she asked if he could sound like he cares, that was a bit ironic to be honest if Cooper was considering all things. He reached to the back of his own head and rubbed the back of his neck softly kneading away the tension, still not speaking until he pulled his hand down from his next and letting it rest on the armrest. "I do care I care in the sense of a runner loving to run, but when you run for so long with no result you tend to become tired." He replied with a sigh but looking forward at the running sprinkler to hear the question of her now assessing the relationship and asking about his take on it. Cooper chuckled but the chuckle turned into a laugh as he stood up and turned to face her leaning back against the porch banister.

"Well, how to put this... no it wasn't bad for me. You were like the sun, bright, warm, welcoming and I was always glad to be in your presence but then you went away and with it came the cold, the darkness and all the things that go creak in the night. I got used to those things, I got used to the dark, I moved on, I accepted the cruel steel toe kodiak work bot kicking me in the nuts at every turn. Then In a land far far away, in place much much colder in a grocery store the light returned, but different, but the warmth was there but it wasn't receptive things happened blah blah blah and well here we are. Do I regret any of it, no... would I change anything? No. But... nevermind." He pushed away from the banister and walked off the porch to go turn off the water.

Returning back to the porch he crossed her and stood near his chair looking to his empty glass a bit disappointed, "You want something to drink? I could use a drink I feel as if this conversation requires it." His glass needed refilling, and the bottle of blue label was calling his name.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 11 2018, 09:29 PM
Townie
Jaya

I do care. I care in the sense of a runner loving to run, but when you run for so long with no result you tend to become tired.

What did he think was the reason they broke up? No, she wasn’t going to ask. She knew why they broke up. She’d been the one to do it. Because it felt like an obligation. Because she didn’t feel close to him. His answer still hurt her. She’d never gone away. She rubbed her arms in discomfort. What had he expected? He shut down and maybe she should have pushed harder. She felt her chest tightening, and she took a very deep breath with some discomfort. How much was her fault?

She asked her second question though, and he laughed. She rubbed her arms again, keeping them crossed as she watched the ground in front of her. I always liked your laugh. Now it didn’t feel properly funny.

She was compared to the sun, and when she was gone he got used to the darkness. He moved on. Accepted apparently being kicked in the nus. She sighed. Then he kept going. Apparently she had been the sun in Phoenix, but not here. Here she was… not receptive. Blah, blah, blah. It was so hard to listen to him, her face felt warm, her throat felt cold and thick. She rubbed her arms again. What she wouldn’t give to be back on the ice right now. It made things so much easier.

Would I change anything? No. But… nevermind.

Did she want a drink? He could use one. “You can drink. I haven’t had one in years, so no thanks. I’m sure it would go through me anyway.” Hit her like a ton of bricks, with how clean her diet was, and how long it had been. She waited for him to come back. “But what though? It was… hard. Being broken. And how things were. I’m sorry. In any case. I needed to be close to you, and I felt like I couldn’t be, and this is how things ended up. It felt more honest? More… something. It was what I needed at the time. I didn’t come over to make you uncomfortable about our relationship or… laugh about how wrong things went, or whatever.” Still, she couldn’t quite bring herself to ask the final question. She just rubbed her arm again and tried to sit up straighter. I miss you. Being around me makes me miss you worse.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 09:16 AM
Newcomer
Zed

Cooper didn't even know why they broke up anymore, at least not the more recent times, he knew the former reasons and well that was obvious, but he needed a refill and asking if she wanted a drink however she mistook his question to being one specific to alcohol, "I meant like water.. or Gatorade or pedialyte, there might even be apple juice." He went inside taking the glass with him and once inside filled it with two more shots then grabbed one small bottle of apple juice and wander back outside to the front porch he set the bottle of apple juice on the table next to her and moved to his chair, glass in hand as he took a small sip and sighed with a sense of pleasure.

He head turned in her direction when she spoke up again, and listened carefully before he spoke up, "There are things in the past I would change, but would also not, things happen for a reason and all things between us and the past to the present allowed us to have our daughter." He paused to smile taking another sip of scotch before setting the glass down and continuing his thoughts. "You aren't the only one, I look in photos ... old photos and I don't recognize my self, that genuine happiness, that pleasant and optimistic outlook on life. Everyone was a good person, everyone had potential, and everyone held value ... but now? Everyone is a criminal who just hasn't been caught yet. Every single one..."

Cooper reclaimed his glass and took a more full sip of the scotch, he didn't want to get into why he was feeling broken or why he was the way he was.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 01:30 PM
Townie
Jaya

[Post 900 | 5th highest atm]

He meant water, or Gatorade, pedialyte, apple juice. “No thank you,” she said, to all of the options. It was fine. She did not need anything to drink. She did not need anything to do with her hands. She just needed to get to the point, however uncomfortable. He came back out with apple juice. She kept still.

Things that he would change, but not because they had Lainey. “Of course. I wouldn’t undo that.Even if the circumstances of her conception are… quite sketchy. Poor choices on both parts, and although she could think worse of him than she did over the matter, she did not feel comfortable explaining it to anyone. He’d known better about what he was getting into than she had at the time. It was unfair, but here she was. She couldn’t hold it against him too much if she still considered him a friend.

Cooper described how optimistic he had been, and how it was the opposite now. “You sound like me.” she said with a grimace. “Not the criminal but.. losing that light. I remember some of it. How I was, and then… how I was at the end. It was another life. Maybe you should try amnesia, it really seems to make your outlook brighter,” she snorted, a joke. Sera shook her head, “I’d hate to lose you even more though. I miss you. I actually… mostly remember the bad things. I remember them more than the good things, I guess they were more recent. I remember more things on the ice than anyone else. Or when I’m touching you. But maybe that’s just déjà vu.” She took a deep breath.

I would like to try to spend more time with you, but that’s up to you… but… I… the reason for the questions… hm…” she watched him now, folding her hands into her lap again, “I know it was my fault you ended up in prison… back, after I disappeared.” a sigh, “Did anything happen in prison?

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 02:09 PM
Newcomer
Zed

He nodded a few times to her drink refusal, made it easier for him to get a drink, Cooper needed the drink, well maybe not needed but he felt it would help him be a bit more talkative than not. the Lainey, well she was the surprise he'd been waiting for since graduating college a plan that never came to fruition until then, but of course talking about how different he was only for Sera to mention that it sounded close to her, and yet in the entire collection of words he smiled and authentically chuckled at the recommendation of amnesia . "Oh if only it were so easy to wish to forget to be released form the burden of remembrance."

Cooper took a sip of the drink and set the glass down to give himself a break from the drink. While he could enjoy a 15 year old scotch as much as the next guy, pace and moderation were the keys of enjoying a good scotch. It took a more serious tone however as she spoke of missing him, and remembering more when on the ice or touching him. "Is that a fact? So what are you trying to say there?" He rose an eye brow slowly more so to get her to open up more rather than shell up again. then she asked or at least made the statement to him, she wanted to be around him more or he around her however that worked, but he didn't say anything yet, she spoke of prison and the fact he went to it being her fault followed by a moment of silence and a strange question.

"Sera me going to prison ... wasn't your fault you didn't send me there. It was the unholy, two faced pieces of shit who called themselves our friends, who lined up at the chance to make police statements and say how I controlled you, possibly beat you, terrorized you... even that I abused you to keep you with me. Since a fucking guy like me cou... " He pursed his lips together hard and stopped to take a deep breath, slowly, carefully in an attempt to calm himself down. He closed his eyes and shook his head before looking to Sera and dropping the subject completely and speaking on the other subject. "Sorry, bad blood with those lot but prison... a lot happened there, are you looking for something more specific?"

He reached up to the collar of his polo shirt tugging it over and over to air out a bit, there would be a few of their former friend who he wouldn't piss on to save their lives if they were on fire.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 02:37 PM
Townie
Jaya

Amnesia was a nice escape. He chuckled, she smiled very slightly. It was nice to hear. If only it were so easy. “Yeah.” Although throwing the baby out with the bathwater wasn’t ideal. She had lost far more good than bad, and what she got back was the bad. Although her feelings, her personality, it had been able to recover. Rebuild until she had been able to suffer the blow at a distance. Calloused over so the cuts could seal before she was cut up again. The wounds were deep, which meant they would never go away, but also that it was hard to really open them up again proper. Amnesia was not easy, but it was a reality for her.

He drank, and asked about her comment. Was that a fact? Yes. What was she trying to say? “Maybe we should talk about that more later.” Like not while she was trying to bring up his time in prison. She mentioned it, and he started to go off. He had very negative views of his former colleagues. Unholy, two faced… Sera watched him, even as she found her knees might be especially interesting today. It was always hard to hear him talk about that, but it was worse now. Knowing more of what he’d gone through. Or what she believed he had. He still had to confirm it.

Bad blood. “Are you looking for something more specific?

Yes.” A sigh. She could actually use the drink, but she wouldn’t. He tugged at his collar. “Sorry to bring all that up. I… specifically… am asking about if you were attacked, at all, while you were in prison. You never said anything about it but… anyway, now I’m asking.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 03:04 PM
Newcomer
Zed

Amnesia he would likely enjoy it if he could forget selected memories not the good ones but specifically the bad ones maybe he'd revert to the guy he used t be, the guy who was carefree and kind to everyone. Maybe he'd stop drinking and look at the world through new glasses, but life was never that easy. Life was hard, unfair and made sure to make anything and everything difficult at every possible moment, Murphy's law to the very embodiment. When she decided to put a pin in the conversation he pointed at her and smiled lightly, "I'll hold you to that." He mentioned before going on about the friends they used to share back in Phoenix and the reality wasn't the fact that they betrayed him and painted him the villain despite the evidence.

It was the fact that in court all of them, each and every one of them got on the witness stand and looked him in his eyes and muttered lies, pointed him to be a woman beater, a murderer and the jury ate it up. They were given the picture of a sociopath who used his badge as his personal source of power. Who kept Sera in his control through the use of fear and abuse, they testified that they often felt concerned during outings, that they knew he was a weird guy, that they knew he was up to no good, how he didn't deserve her, how no guy like him could've gotten her without using some nefarious means to keep her.

And while Cooper knew all of it to be a lie, every single line no one who truly knew him was alive to speak for him other than himself. Sera was gone, her parents gone, pictures of bruises on her from ice skated were used to "prove" he beat her, even when he testified where the bruises came from, a bad landing where she slipped on the ice or marks of love when love making got a little rough unintentionally. Then the scene of a bloodied bathroom, a woman forced to take her own life to escape her abusive boyfriend. He could still recall the feeling, these people who smiled in his face, thanked him for his service, told Sera how lucky she was to get such a nice guy.

Each of them held a figurative dagger with his metaphorical blood after each testimony, even though he was able to explain all of it, he was one guy against nearly a dozen people who spoke differently and made him out to be the bad guy. He still remembers standing up to hear the verdict, guilty. The feeling of his heart dropping into his groin, the justice system he so believed in and actively ensured it's function and it put him in jail, it took his badge, and labeled him murderer, abusive boyfriend, terror in Sera's life and when the verdict was read he heard the clapping, he could see them hugging, glad to put a monster of their own design away. Cooper could never forgive that, never.

The memory was pulled at the moment she clarified about his time in prison, "It's fine." He said casually as he heard the question and nodded, "Yeah. Prison is never a place an innocent man should be especially an innocent man who is also a cop. At first it wasn't the prisoners it was the C.O.'s the correctional officers they have a special place in their hearts for dirty cops. They made sure to tenderize my kidneys real nice on the first day, they spit in my food for the first three. Then they made sure the other prisoners knew I was a dirty cop and it was like blood in the water of a shark tank. For the first sixty days in gen pop I got into a fight or altercation, and it would be broken up with me usually being the one to blame. Then umm apparently the beatings weren't getting the message across, so they did something else something they wanted me to remember."

He stopped there and reclaimed the drink pulled it up and gulping it down entirely setting the glass upside down and leaning back in the chair as he sighed, going silent for the time being. After a few more seconds he sighed again, "Yeah it was a shit show from day one... I still have many of the scars from my time there. What makes you interested in my time there?" He was curious how all this came up all of a sudden.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 04:11 PM
Townie
Jaya

He would hold her to that. Sure. That would be fine. She didn’t mind, and she would be happy to try to talk later. Not actually happy, but she would do it. It might be good for them. Maybe something good would come of it, or maybe it would be just one more difficult conversation. She was willing to try. Not this moment though. Not with this exact weight on her chest.

He spoke about how prison was for dirty cops, and how they beat on him. Brown eyes moved from his face to her knees finally, flickering back to him when she felt she could handle it. Beatings, spitting in his food, fights. He went off a bit, “then umm” wasn’t very informative. That might be what she was getting at, but with everything else it all felt too much. It was not as if she felt she was bad for him, overall. Or that staying away from him was going to help anything. Her guilt was not going to change the past, but she still felt it.

He glossed right over that.”Something else they wanted you to remember?” she asked, pinching the bridge of her nose. He asked why she was interested. He still had scars. “I haven’t exactly examined your body since then…” since they’d only had sex the once and it was in rather… unprepared circumstances. Rather poor choices.

I’ve always cared, but I figured if there was anything that happened, you would have told me. But… someone said otherwise, when I was around the station. And… so I decided I needed to ask you about what all happened while you were there. Since I guess you didn’t really tell me about it. I could have asked sooner.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply