October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

With the Summer heat comes the Summer Charity Events. Local pet shop 'Chirp Squeak Meow' has partnered with the Lochland Times to hold a Charity Pet Walk! Walk your pets 2.5 miles and help raise funds for animals in need.

Bachelor Auction Sign-ups have opened, and everyone is scrambling to see who will be on the block for next month's 4th Annual Charity Ball. Stay Tuned!

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

Robert Lewis Party

A friend of a friend said that someone in East Lochland was throwing a Robert Lewis Party. Are you in?

Pet Walk

Chirp Squeak Meow is organizing a Walk for Animals; a 2.5-mile walk around Unity Park. Come walk your dog for charity!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 15th
Look! A New Temp Forum.

June 14th
The Lochland Times is out!.

June 12th
Bachelor Auction Sign Ups! Here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Dogs' Day Out, Tag: Johnathan DiMario
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 05:26 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav had been excited about the Charity Pet Walk ever since it had been announced. Her two dogs, Amadeus and Sebastian, had always primarily been her responsibility, and she loved keeping them in good health. The walk would be a good chance to do that, and for them to meet other dogs. Both the Husky and the Rottweiler were quite friendly as long as the other dogs they met were. Sebastian could be a bit intimidating at first looks-wise, but he usually quickly warmed people over with his gentle nature.

Before the pet walk began, Cav poured some water into bowls for both of them. After they drank, she knelt down and gave them both lots of petting and ear scratches.

"Are you two ready for your walk in the park?" she asked. Both gave a bark at that. "You two love the park, don't you? It's one of your favorites places, isn't it?" More barks. "We're going to have a lot of fun." Cav then put the empty bowls in her backpack and took hold of the dogs' leashes as she rose. "Alright, I think we're almost ready." The dogs then pulled her a bit, prompting her to go into a fast walk. "Whoa, guys, let's slow down a bit, okay?"
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:34 PM
Stranger
Zed

John never owned dogs, he didn't have the time to be a responsible pet owner so he wasn't besides in his life one could easily be gone far too soon, for too long leaving a dog to fend on his own. Despite what John might be capable of he certainly wasn't cable of leaving a animal to it's own devices while locked in a home. But still it was a worthy cause enough for them or at least the Old Rose Tavern to make a business donation to the cause in the from of a thousand dollars, a worthy tax write off and enough to give him and the business a good name in the community.

He refused the t-shirt and cited only seeking to offer a monetary donation but of course he was offered to walk a stray from the local pound. Some golden lab mix, he guessed they were hoping to incite him enough to adopt the dog but John had no such plans, no he would walk the animal. He had the time and he could easily push his meeting to take place on the go so he found himself on the scenic two mile hike as he was led by the small but seemingly happy dog.

He wasn't dressed for the occasion, wearing a pair of black slacks, black polished loafers, and a long sleeve white dress shirt without a tie with the top two buttons undone. But he kept the dog strongly under control from pulling him along despite it's strong enthusiasm to explore and sniff about. However he could hear the patter of clawed paws approaching from behind pulling along a pretty brunette. He rose a brow looked back, slightly amused, stopping long enough to have her catch up. "Excited bunch are they?" John commented looking at her husky and rottweiler.

John wasn't intimidated by dogs, far from it while most would cringe in fear at the sight of a doberman or a rottweiler or even a pit bull he knew the truth. A dog was a reflection of it's owner and how it was raised, "You have beautiful dogs, I've always loved the eyes of a husky, and it's cheerful temperament." John said in complimenting it, before looking up "I apologize, John." He said quickly introducing himself and offering a hand out to her in courtesy.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 01:52 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav was hoping to slow her dogs down. They were big and a bit tough to pull back. The last thing Cav wanted at the walk was an asthma attack. Still, she made sure that she had her inhaler handy. Fortunately, the dogs slowed down. As Cav sighed with relief, a man approached her. The two dogs briefly acknowledged the man before turning back to walk.

"They really get excited at the park," said Cav to the man. "I can't even say the word without them barking and jumping about. Aside from that, they're very obedient though." She then smiled when the man said that they were beautiful dogs. "Thank you. I'm very proud of them."

She then put both leashes in one hand long enough to shake the man's hand. Once that was done, she had one leash in each hand again.

"I'm Cavalyn, but most people call me Cav," she said. She then looked at him curiously. "Don't think I've ever seen you here before. I was born here, so I feel like I know everyone in town. Well, I don't KNOW everyone, but you know what I mean." She chuckled a little. She then looked at her dogs. "The Husky's Amadeus and the Rottweiler's Sebastian. They're really friendly if you'd like to pet them." This was true. Unless someone was directly threatening one of the Gallows, the two dogs were very tame.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 07:00 PM
Stranger
Zed

It was a bit surprising for John to see a woman with two large dogs though it was sexist he was merely born and raised in New York were most women had pocket pooches. Tiny little yappers they treated like human infants it was a annoyance to deal with those women when they were far too predisposed in talking to, addressing, feeding and concerning over a tiny dog in their purse. But John looked at her and the dogs a moment and smiled, "I can see that." When she mentioned them getting excited at the mere word.

"They are more intelligent then most give them credit for." He replied then complimented her dogs and replied with a simple. "You're welcome, but it's the truth." He glanced over at the golden retriever to watch it chasing it's own tail which slight amused him before he turned his attention back to the woman. Shaking her hand gently, holding it merely by her knuckles and nodded and released her hand.

"Cavalyn, a rare but appropriately fitting name, I would not go so far as a cut a name like that so short." Her curious looked was then accompanied by words to which he addressed promptly. "Your powers of observation have not failed you, I'm new in town recently bought the Old Rose Tavern, thought this was a worthy cause to donate to plus the Tavern could use the tax write off." John mentioned vaguely, but he looked at her dogs and canted his head to the side.

"Quite the majestic names for them.. this one.." He looked to the Golden Retriever he had. "Ralph.. I not sure how he'd react to petting honestly, he's an adoptable though I unfortunately don't have the time to be a pet owner... despite the desire. John smiled and looked at her two dogs then looked around. "Perhaps we could accompany one another.. I haven't really traversed this park much, you might be more knowledgeable of the good routes."

(Sorry for the delay)
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:20 pm
Local
Knightshade

Cav nodded about the dogs being very intelligent. Hers really were. They recognized certain words, and were quick to obey when asked to sit, stay, or do some tricks. Cav was proud of herself as well. Her family helped take care of the dogs, but she had been their trainer. It took a lot of time and patience, but she had accomplished it.

"It's amazing how quickly dogs pick up on things too," she said. He then looked at his dog. "You're dog is beautiful as well. I love Golden Retrievers. I've always wanted one myself, but these two are a handful. A very loved handful, but a handful."

Cav chuckled about her name.

"Thank you, but I don't mind 'Cav' all that much," she said. "My family called me that when I was a kid, and it kind of stuck through school." She then listened as the man spoke of owning the Old Rose Tavern. She had never been there given she was too young to drink, but it was cool meeting someone who ran a business. "I imagine running your own place can be tough at times. Hope it's going well for you. I work over at the library, but I'm about to begin taking classes at the nearby college soon. Doesn't sound too exciting I know, but I hope to attend this big music school in New York one day."

Cav wanted to pet Ralph, but she took heed of John's words. One had to be careful. She would allow the dog to let her know if he wanted to be touched.

"Sure, you can join us," she said. "Hopefully our dogs will get along." She looked over to see Amadeus sniffing Ralph curiously.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply