February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Holidays are important in Lochland Grove. It is no wonder the community is buzzing over Little Halloween; a celebration of the town's bravery in the face of serial killer Robert Lewis.

Now that Lewis's copy cat is behind bars, does Little Halloween hold new meaning? What of the approaching Hurricane Caroline?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

Jaya has looked over your questions and written some answers! Check out the May Announcements for all the details, and maybe learn something new.

Lochland Weather

Dark, cloudy, rainy.. There may be a hurricane over the New England Area. Stay Safe, Lochland Grove!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

May 10th
Ask Jaya and
May Announcements!

May 5th
Look! A Newspaper!

May 1st
No Activity check!
Goodluck, Students on finals!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Real World, Tag: Anastasia Romanos
Anastasia Romanos
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:07 PM
Newcomer
Nat

“Yes, I’m a pastry chef at the local bakery on Plum Avenue…...” she said to him as she still had her head in between the hole underneath. She was starting to relax more and more. "I flew into New York, but I haven't been back since. I have a number of medical professionals I need to see, and not all of them live conveniently nearby.” It’s a bit sad that she felt bad for him that he had to travel for his condition. She would help him if he needed something and she would always be there for him if they became good friends later. They seem to be going towards that route anyway. “Oh wow, I’m so sorry that you have to go through that……But if it needs to be done, it needs to be right?” she said to him with a shrug and hoped that he did get help when he made that long haul.

She would hate it if she went all the way there and no one could help out. That would be a big bummer. “You do huh? Well if you ever want to bake something together we can…I would like that….Ever baked pies?” she asked with a curious tone when her body shivered when his touch felt easier on her body. She really liked his hands. They were good for her. She wanted more. Maybe another time, and she would definitely come back to visit him for a while. “I can bring you some more if you tell me the name of the flavor next time? The exact one…” she offered as she kind of knew which one it would be.

Outfit :]

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 01:08 AM
Stranger
Mikko

"Oh yes, I visited the bakery just the other day, I quite enjoyed the couple of items I brought." The bread had been far nicer than the ones you got in the grocery store, and the slice of cheesecake and cake he had were also quite nice.

Having to see lots of different medical professionals had always been a part of his life and always would be. While he had never had heart problems apart from a slight heart murmur as a baby, his breathing condition meant that he was quite susceptible to heart problems, so it was just another thing that he had to be monitored for. He didn't mind, he had to do it, and he always thought that it was better to be closely monitored so that if something did happen it could be picked up early. "I am more susceptible to certain things like heart problems, plus with my CCHS I have always needed close monitoring. I would much rather do that and have any problems picked up early. At least I don't have to deal with a tracheostomy anymore."

He hadn't in face baked a lot of pies. Occasionally he had made a desert pie, but not often. "I have, but not in quite a while. But I just brought a loaf of wheat bread."

All those tight spots he was finding seemed to be going away quite nicely, and he had also concentrated on pressure points to help her. "Have you ever tried acupuncture?" He was curious. He had been trained in how to do it, and he thought that it could be quite good for relieving tension and that it could possibly work well for her. If she had tried it and didn't want to then he wasn't going to press her, but if she was willing he would do a little for her.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Pierre Bauer | 30 | Physiotherapist | From Switzerland
PM
^
Anastasia Romanos
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 06:32 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Anastasia was deathly afraid of needles, but she would eventually try it sometime. Acupuncture was supposed to be ok for your back pain just not all the time. She was sure that some people would have bad experiences from it. “If you were doing the acupuncture, I would….Please don’t let me get it with anyone else….” she said in a shaky voice and accepted the fact that she would at least try it on one time. Now Ana felt her anxiety coming back and she was a little shaky. “I’m sorry….Needles freak me out…..especially on my back…..” she mentioned as she hoped she didn’t disappoint him and eventually could suggest something else.

Hot rocks and other methods could be good too. Also, suggesting chiropractic would be fine. Just not acupuncture. That was going to be horrifying. “Oh wow, seems like you had a rough start in life,” she replied as he talked about part of his life. Ana seemed to have turned on her side and gripped his hand for a moment, “Please don’t make me go with anyone else but you ok? Please…I trust you now…I just….I need someone that knows me off the bat for acupuncture….Say you’ll do it on me?” she said sweetly to him and didn’t mean to take hold of his hand. But some how she felt a small little thing not really understanding what it was just yet and brushed it off.

Glancing up in his eyes as she propped her elbows up for a minute she had moved his position and his other hand migrated on her lower back in the mean time as she readjusted herself. She just wanted to make sure he was going to do it for her. The look on her face was pleading and almost begging him for him to be with her during that time where the needles would be on her back.

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:27 PM
Stranger
Mikko

If Pierre had realized that Anastasia was afraid of needles he never would have suggested it. The needles were only little and didn't hurt more than a little prick, but then he wasn't afriad of them. He had more than his fair share of needles over the years, all much larger than a little acupunture needle. While he did think that it would help, he was never going to force her to endure something that she was afraid of. The fear in doing so would make doing such a thing worthless.

Anyway, there were other things he could try. He had been working on her muscles and seeking out knots and tight muscles as well as holding on pressure points and it was working, her muscles felt a lot looser underneath his hands. Not he was working on mobilization to help her.

"It's okay, if I knew you were afraid of needles I would not have suggested it. I would do it myself, I am trained in acupuncture, and the needles are very little and you only feel a little prick. But if you are afraid of needles that I don't think that would be a good idea. If you are afraid the natural reaction is to tense up, which is what he don't want."

She didn't know the half of it, about how rough most of his childhood had been. Yes, he had a family with a safe, warm roof over his head, good food and on the surface two loving people who were rasing him who cared about him. What people didn't see was the years of abuse from his brother-in-law that even his sister didn't know about. Pierre had never told anyone about it and never planned to, not even his sister; He didn't want to do that to her, and he was sure that even if he told her she wouldn't believe him.

He had to pause his work as she moved, propping herself up on her elbows and grabbing one of his hands. He didn't know if it was intentional or not, but she did seemed unsettled by the whole acupuncture thing, and internally he decided that doing it with her afraid wasn't worth the benefits. "You could say that, but I have always thought of myself as lucky. There are lots of others out there who are far worse off that I am." He had always believed that. Even with his CCHS, he had never been dependent on a ventilator 24 hours a day, for which he was grateful, because that would have been horrible.

"If you are really afraid then I do not think that acupuncture is the best option. It's okay, it isn't essential, there are other things that I can do. I doing some mobilization at the moment, then afterwards I can give you some exercised to do to help strengthen your neck."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Anastasia Romanos
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 09:27 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Anastasia relaxed gently again onto the table and forgot about the worries of needles pricking her back. Though, she could always try even if she didn’t like it she wouldn’t have to do it again. It was always good to try new things. Anastasia was a bit of a daredevil when she didn’t know what it was. She might even like it afterwards. Letting go of his hand as she moved back to the table she was able to relax again. “Ahhh yea…..you are lucky….I am glad to have met you, wow……you must’ve had a tough start….” she said to him as she hoped he was ok now in life and since he was doing amazing at the hospital he must’ve been doing really well.

“Yea….I guess I could always try it….if I don’t like it then I won’t have go back again. If you say if it helps my back and would work….” she replied sweetly, and realized that she could just do other things to her back and neck if they were hurting. There was always the yoga that she had done for many years but sometimes that didn’t help all the pain. It made it worse on certain occasions. “Have you ever done yoga?” she asked as she wondered how flexible he was. If he was able to then that was a big step up in her judging him and she wouldn’t think that he was awkward about certain things.

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 12:49 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Pierre couldn't remember a lot from his first five years of life, but what he could remember was good. One memory that stuck was waking up the smell of freshly baked bread, and him running into the kitchen to find freshly baked croissants, still warm from the oven, waiting on the kitchen bench for him. After that it had been tough, with the death of both his parents and because of what his brother-in-law had done. Pierre's brother in law had been the one that made Pierre's childhood miserable for so long, and deeply affected him so much that it had unintentionally shaped who Pierre was as an adult. Certainly it was why he found it hard to trust people, and got quite jumpy around any guy that was taller than he was.

"Everyone faces challenges in your life, all different and all challenging in their own ways. Sure, some of my challenges might have been bigger than some, but I still think I have been pretty lucky and have come out stronger." They had definitely shaped him a lot, far more than he was willing to talk about to anyone. He didn't really like talking about his past much to anyone, much less someone he had just met. No one had ever been told about what his brother-in-law had done, and he never planned to tell anyone.

"At the moment, I don't think I need to. Your muscles had loosened off nicely, and I have been doing some mobilization as well. I can give you some exercises to do which could help to strengthen muscles and to stretch as well." He was a big believer in looking after yourself. Not only to help pain once it had occurred, but to stop it from happening. That might be strengthening muscles, stretching, or changing the way you did things.

Heat could help as well, and he would use hot stones when necessary, but today he didn't think that he needed to.

Yoga wasn't something he had ever really practices. Certainly, he had never gone to a studio or a teacher and done it. There were a few stretching poses he liked to do that could be considered yoga, but he didn't really think of them like that. "I do regular stretching, but I don't practice yoga itself. Is it something that you do regularly?"

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Anastasia Romanos
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 10:41 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Anastasia was grateful that he had mentioned that she was feeling less stiff. Her muscles were sore from time to time whenever she was stressed, and she hated feeling that way. “Thank you so much, how can I ever repay you?” she offered and hoped that he would be ok if she took him to lunch or even like they had suggested earlier to hang out the next day. She wasn’t actually sure if he still wanted too, but she would definitely like to get to know him better. Even if it was just friends.

Friends, was always a good start. She didn’t think that she would be anywhere without her childhood friends. She was a loner at times, but she had met some people back in Washington, and also in California so she stayed in touch with them now when she moved to LG. Now that she was twenty-nine, she figured that some were good to keep around, so she could trust other people too. “Occasionally, well I teach sometimes at the college…. Not all the time, but only when the seasons change and when its school season…” she smiled through the table as she remembered that she would be working for a while.

“So let’s meet up tomorrow ok? I think we could hang out for a while….” she mentioned as she wondered if he still would. It was just a random invite because she could tell they could be very good friends later if he tried. Some people could be skeptical about making friends in the beginning but she usually gave people chances whenever she could get them.

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 09:05 PM
Stranger
Mikko

"In all honesty, knowing that I am able to help is all the reward I need." Anastasia seemed to want to do something more with Pierre, and it made him uncomfortable. It wasn't anything she was doing in particular, that was how he was in general. Not to mention he always liked to keep separation between his patients, to keep things professional. Yes, he would happily talk with them if he saw them outside of work, and there were a few regular patients he could quite happily chat with, but he still kept some distance.

It all came back to trust. Trust was something that he had an incredibly hard time with. Just a lasting impact from years of childhood abuse, and it wasn't the only one. Trust, plus a fear of intimacy and getting close.

At work it was easy for him to stay professional, to keep his distance. But sometimes people got pushy, tried to force him into doing something he didn't want to, and he hated it. Just like he hated yelling and violence. But rather than just saying no, he always tried to decline politely, because he didn't want to be rude and to hurt or offend them.

He had pretty much worked on her back as much as he wanted to for today, he didn't want to overwork her muscles because that would make them hurt more. He pulled the towel back up to cover her properly, before moving away to the little sink to wash his hands. "Teaching sounds interesting. I haven't done a lot of it myself apart from a little bit of work with trainees." It wasn't really his thing teaching, and he hated having them following him around all the time. Thankfully he didn't usually have to deal with them to much, which he liked.

"I'm working tomorrow all day, so i'm going to be here all day, then I have a few errands to run afterwards and housework to so, so that will probably keep me busy." He was trying to be polite about it, because she seemed to want to get to know him better and he wasn't convinced that it was a good idea yet. If they ran into each other outside of work he would be happy to chat with her, but he was quite reluctant to actually arrange anything.

"Now, I have finished working on your back. I will leave the room so you can put your shirt back on, then when I come back I can give you a few exercises and stretches that should help." He slipped out of the room, giving her a good amount of time to change before he knocked on the door of the room.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply