February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

October 13st
Halloween is here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Sunday Funday, Jaina Carter
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 07:36 AM
Local
Kate

Day two of Movies at the Lake and Zoe was here for a second time. Yesterday she'd come with Kieran for his birthday, she'd even been mad enough to actually get in the lake for a bit. She'd survived without getting eaten or at least bitten by something weird in there! But it had been a fun atmosphere, loads of people had come out for it and it had been quite the experience once the sun had gone down and the movies started to play. In all honestly she hadn't really been all that focused on watching the movies, there had been far too much on her mind and well, being sat right next to a seriously hot guy was quite the distraction.

She honestly hadn't planned on coming to the lake for a second day running, but her two friends she'd known for the longest had asked her to join them. The idea of a night in had appealed to her in all honesty since she wasn't exactly the most social of people, but she'd eventually given in having not seen her friends for a while. Besides, the weather was still blazing hot and it would be a shame to be stuck indoors. Though she didn't wear a bikini this time, instead settling for denim shorts and a simple white t-shirt that covered her shoulders, not wanting to burn. So they'd headed out to the lake in her friend's car, set up a picnic and settled down to watch the first movie. The Little Mermaid. That was just such a classic wasn't it? Even at twenty-seven she still enjoyed it. She was definitely a big kid at heart! The movie finished and there was to be a short interval before the next one started, although she wasn't sure if her and her friends would be staying out for the rest of it. People with kids were already starting to leave and Zoe was knackered, it was rare she went out two nights in a row. She left her friends where they were and took a short walk to get a refreshment, a lemonade sounded like a good idea. She weaved in and around families, groups of friends and couples that were about until she reached the drinks stand, exchanging some coins for a plastic cup of lemonade with a straw. She took a sip from it and glanced around, forgetting for a moment the way she'd come and where she'd been sat.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 08:56 AM
Stranger
Shade

Jaina and Bowie had been having a lot of fun with some of the summer events that had been going on, especially with the movies. Bo loved Disney, and Jaina enjoyed it as well. They had watched Finding Nemo the day before, and now it was time for a mutual favorite of the two... The Little Mermaid.

Jaina stayed close to Bowie given the crowd, allowing him to walk about the lawn. Bo loved walking and playing in the grass. Like any little boy, he was found of attracting grass stains anyway he could. Jaina was just glad there was a sale on some high-powered detergent that week.

"Bo, you want to get some popcorn and lemonade before the movie comes on?" asked Jaina.

"Yeah!" said Bo. "I lie popcown wit butta!"

"Me too!" said Jaina, who took his hand as they walked over. She beamed when she saw Zoe Kennedy at the lemonade stand. Zoe was a good friend of hers who really helped her out when she moved into town. Jaina would never forget that. Bo adored the lady too, so much that he took off running over to her when he saw her.

"Zoe!" he said. "Zoe, it's me!" Jaina laughed as she caught up to her son.

"Hey Zoe, how are you?"
she asked.
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 07:37 AM
Local
Kate

Was someone calling her name? Zoe looked around, sure she'd just heard her name. It was a very young voice and at first she couldn't place it, until she looked down and saw the little boy coming towards her. Zoe flashed him a bright smile and gave him a small wave with her free hand, she recognised him as Bo, her friend Jaina's son. It was so cute how he remembered her.

"Hi Bo!" she greeted him, looking past him because she realised Jaina wouldn't be far behind, unless he was with someone else or he was lost. Indeed she saw Jaina approaching her as well, "Jaina! I didn't realise you were both here, I would have come and said hello earlier otherwise" she smiled, but there were so many people around it was like the whole town had come out in force in enjoy the remaining hot weather. "And I'm good, thanks. It's such a good atmosphere here isn't it?" she smiled, glancing around with her blue eyes for a moment. Sometimes she realised how lucky she was to live in a place like this where the whole community came together.

She looked down at Bo again, not wanting to leave him out. "Are you enjoying yourself, Bo?" she asked, he always seemed like a happy little thing whenever she saw the pair together.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 03:59 PM
Stranger
Shade

(Sorry for the late reply)

Jaina smiled and waved off Zoe feeling bad that she wasn't there earlier.

"Don't feel bad at all," she said. "We haven't been here long. Bo and I had some errands to run before we came today." She then smiled at Bo. "But we did want to make sure we got here in time for The Little Mermaid."

"Awiel!" said Bo.

Jaina nodded about the atmosphere. It was nice to see people just having fun in what could be a hectic town at times.

"Yeah, it's really nice day out too," she said. "Not too hot with a little breeze." Jaina wasn't too harsh on the summer time, but she did love when it cooled down just a bit.

Bo beamed when Zoe asked him if he was enjoying himself. He hadn't seen Zoe that often, but she was one of those people who he liked right away, so she stuck in his young memory.

"Yeah!" he said. "I'm gonna wash the big movie!" Bo hadn't been to a theater yet as he was a bit too young, but he was now a fan of seeing movies on the big screen after the night before.

Jaina bought their snacks and handed Bo his cup of lemonade. He took a sip and made a cute "ahhh" sound.

"You're welcomed to join us," said Jaina to Zoe. "I'd love to catch up."
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 08:59 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe smiled as Jaina spoke and then she looked down at Bo, "The Little Mermaid was one of my favourites growing up" she smiled, she'd loved most of the Disney classics so it was quite fun revisiting them again after all this time. She liked to sit and watch movies with her nephew but he was six now, and she doubted he'd be interested in watching The Little Mermaid... he was into cars, dinosaurs and astronauts.

The weather had been hotter yesterday, no wonder Kieran had dragged her in the lake to cool down. Once was enough, she wasn't getting in there again... not for some time! "Yeah, I'm glad about that. This heatwave is getting out of hand. I don't want to wish summer away, but I'm kinda looking forward to the fall now" she said, big cosy jumpers and scarves, in a way she loved those cold dark nights spent indoors. There was something she liked about every season so she couldn't really pick one over the other.

Bo was cute and he seemed excited to be here, she giggled slightly when she watched him take a sip from his lemonade. "Are you sure?" she asked, "I came with a couple of friends, but I can come and sit with you two for a bit. They won't mind" she smiled, she doubted her friends would mind, they were too busy talking to each other anyway - probably about Zoe. Three could unfortunately be a crowd sometimes. Zoe brought her lemonade to her lips and took a sip, "So how've you been? I feel like it's been a while since we last saw each other" she smiled, sometimes she felt like she didn't make enough time to see her friends.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 04:59 PM
Stranger
Shade

Bo beamed at Zoe as she said Little Mermaid was one of her favorites. He nodded.

"Me too!" he said. "Is one of muh fav-ites going up." Jaina chuckled at this. She loved Bo for a million reasons, and one of them was the fact that he always had something cute and amusing to say.

Jaina nodded about the heatwave. She was never a fan of hot weather... or really cold weather either. She liked that happy medium.

"I remember some of those Baton Rouge summers," she said. "Merciless."

"Whas mercimus, Mama?" asked Bo.

"I mean the summer were really hot, and not fun hot," she chuckled. She then looked at Zoe. "Bo's looking forward to playing in the leaf piles this autumn."

Jaina smiled about Zoe joining them.

"I don't want to keep you from your friends, but if anything, I'd love to talk for a few minutes anyway," she said. "You're welcomed to come by my place some time as well. Bo and I always love dinner guests."

Zoe then asked how Jaina had been.

"Busy, but doing well," she said. "And you?" She then nodded. "It has been a while. I'm guessing we both had only so much time for social engagements."

PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 05:23 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe laughed as Bo echoed what she'd just said, she guessed she'd have to be careful what she said, she knew how kids had a habit of picking up on anything and then repeating it. It had been the same with he nephew, he was six now but she still had to be careful what she said. It also seemed that Bo was the type of kid that questioned everything, though in her opinion it seemed like most small kids were like that. Just curious. "Yeah, it's not fun when it's unbearable" she agreed, luckily being a local to Lochland she knew it would start cooling down a bit very soon. Then she'd be complaining it was too cold. "Ah, playing in the leaves. I loved that as a kid. Until they get wet and then you have to be careful not to slip over on them... can be just as dangerous as ice" she said, icy weather was another thing she hated, walking to work could become quite the challenge in the winter.

"Oh it's no trouble, don't worry" she smiled, confident her friends wouldn't mind, they'd probably just think she'd gotten lost or something on her way back. Hopefully they wouldn't send out a search party! "That's sweet of you. We'll have to arrange something soon" she smiled as Jaina invited her around for dinner. Zoe took a sip from her lemonade and nodded her head, it wasn't that she was particularly busy herself she supposed she just wasn't a hugely sociable person. "I'm great... it's been a fun summer off work. Most of it has been spent entertaining my six year old nephew though" she laughed, not that she minded. "I went to San Francisco with my family for a week, it was a much needed vacation" she smiled, lucky for her working in a school meant she got a really long summer break to chill out and do what she wanted.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll