February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Days Gone By, Tag: Juliet Marlow
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 03:00 PM
Local
Jaya

It had been years since Teagan met Julie Marlow, and even still a while since their lessons. He found her to be a good student, because if someone was willing to try, that was just about all he asked. If they were patient with him, he could be patient with them. Teagan felt fondly toward Julie, but she certainly was not on his mind when he got into the car to go to the grocery store.

I changed the oil today. You were supposed to get it changed last month.

Was I?” Teagan asked, putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the driveway.

Yes… that’s what the sticker is for.” Robin tapped the glass to show the notation with the missed February date that his father had overlooked.

Ah. That. Well Orianna and I are both a bit oblivious I suppose. You know I’m not a car person.

Its maintenance, everyone has to do it. Its just keeping a schedule, Dad, not being a car person.

But I have you to keep dates for me,” Teagan remarked with a grin. Robin rolled his eyes. They argued over whether or not Teagan was a responsible adult for the duration of the drive to the store, but upon arriving, the topic quickly shifted to that of the grocery list. Robin wanted to practice making one of Chandra’s recipes, which meant Teagan was going to be supervising. If he didn’t like keeping up scheduled car maintenance, he definitely didn’t like cooking. He was good at it, but he didn’t enjoy it. It was less of a chore now, cooking for three people, but he was always happy when Robin volunteered to do it. He didn’t expect that sort of thing from Orianna. She had enough on her mind.

They walked through the aisles, Robin pushing the cart. They had gathered up various supplies for the home, and were looking over different spices at the moment for a specific spicy gumbo.

[Teagan Outfit + Robin Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
Juliet Marlow
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 10:25 AM
Townie
Mandie

Julie wrapped her arms around her big brother and grinned at him. "You'll be here when I get back, won't you?"

Shaking his head with a smile on his face, Todd pulled away and looked at her. "Sorry, kiddo, but we really have to get going. It's a long drive home and I'd rather sleep in my own bed tonight."

She'd known that would be the answer, but that hadn't stopped her from hoping for a different one. Todd had come down with his wife and three kids for an extended trip since he hadn't been able to bring the kids with him when he'd come down for her birthday in mid-February. Since her birthday was also Valentine's day, he'd spent as much time with Sarah as he did with her, probably more. He'd done that this time, too, but this time . . .

A little body launched itself at her and she had to swing around in order to catch her niece, Nona, and stop her from falling. "Aren't you the adventurous one," she commented with a laugh.

"I want to be just like you!" the eight-year-old declared with gusto. "You're the best, Aunt Julie."

Julie suspected that was because Nona rarely saw her and got tired of Sarah's family, but she didn't say it aloud. Instead she hugged little Nona to her and grinned. "Just make sure you listen to your parents on this route to be like me."

"Hug, Julie."

The words came from her shy middle nephew, Mason. Even though he was all of eleven-years-old and most kids his age seemed to talk up a storm, Mason had never been that way. He let Nona and their older brother, Conner, do all the talking.

She let Nona down and the little girl was off toward the kitchen calling after "Aunt Mara!" a second later. Pulling Mason into her arms, she gave him a big hug and let him go. "Keep an eye on that one, Mason. She's a lot like I was at her age."

"As if you've grown out of that," Todd countered with a laugh. "I'm pretty sure I saw you climbing a
tree with Conner yesterday."

"It was there," she informed him with an answering laugh as if that made all the sense in the world.

"And that's my little sister in a nutshell," he informed his son, still laughing a bit. "It was there indeed."

"Who does he think taught me to climb trees?" she asked no one in particular. "I'm going to go find Sarah and Conner and tell them good-bye before I head out." She gave both of them another quick and headed off in the direction she had last seen her oldest nephew.

All to soon they were driving away and she'd grabbed the grocery list from Mara who was busy deaing with her toddler and headed out. It was a nice enough day, for March anyway, but since she was supposed to come back with a list full of food, replenishing the supply that had been diminished by Todd and his brood, she grabbed her keys and drove into town.

Unlike the town she'd grown up in, the selection of places to shop for groceries was not exactly large, so she soon found herself in the parking lot of Bob's Grocery Mart. She grabbed a cart and started hunting for the things on her list. She was about half way through the list when her eyebrow slid up and she chuckled.

After finding the aisle that contained the spices she wondered down it, eyes on the shelves searching. "How on earth do we go through so much ginger when Todd's in town. It's almost as it someone is inhaling the stuff."

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:06 PM
Local
Jaya

Thyme leaves… cayenne pepper. Crushed red pepper flakes.

You’ll kill Ms. Glass,” Robin pointed out as Teagan went down the list. Robin was the one finding the ingredients on the shelves. He was aware that some woman was also shopping in the aisle. There were some other people too, but not many. It was a small town, and the only grocery store. But it wasn’t a Friday evening. Or a Sunday afternoon. People seemed to shop a lot then.

You picked the gumbo. And you can call her Orianna.” Weren’t they dating yet? He could really call her by her first name and stop being so polite. Oh the curse of raising him and finding he was so… well mannered. “Paprika.

We have that at home.

We may as well get some extra. I can use it if need be.” Robin seemed from his raised brow, to think that that was strange. Teagan would find a way. It wasn’t like the stuff went bad quickly. “Oh!” Robin’s attention jumped from the spices to his father’s line of sight. The woman. Julie. “Hello, Julie. How’ve you been? Robin, Julie was one of my students. Not at school, but… I tutored her after hours.

Robin nodded, “Nice to meet you.” He was quieter when not speaking to his father alone.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Juliet Marlow
 Posted: May 26 2018, 10:16 PM
Townie
Mandie

The eating habits of her older brothers' aside, she had enjoyed having everyone, well almost everyone, there for a change. They weren't that scattered, but two places hours apart was still enough to make it unlikely they would all be together at once unless they planned it. She was very glad her brothers had planned what they had.

Her eyes lit on the ginger and she reached out her hand to grab it. She stopped just short as she realized there were two different sizes. Raising an eyebrow, she picked up the bigger one and looked at the expiration. It was long enough that she dropped it into her cart. Todd was sure to visit, again, and they might just need a whole lot more ginger.

“Hello, Julie."

At the sound of her name, Julie looked up from her cart and sought out the source of the voice. A smile grew on her lips at the sight of Teagan.

"How’ve you been?"

"Good," she was quick to assure him. "It's nice to see you."

"Robin, Julie was one of my students. Not at school, but… I tutored her after hours.”

Realizing he was addressing a young man with him, Julie looked over at him and smiled. "He's a good teacher, though I am sure you are already aware of that." If she remembered correctly, this was his adopted son.

Robin just nodded as he replied in a quiet voice. “Nice to meet you.”

"It's nice to meet you, too, Robin." She smiled warmly at him and asked them both, "What brings you to the spice aisle this fine day?"

--------------------
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: May 31 2018, 09:04 PM
Local
Jaya

Family gatherings were nice for people who had family to gather. Bowie might come over, and bring Lee. Lee was always invited, even if he was not a social person. As it happened, he was about as social as Robin when he was around strangers. Robin with Teagan was social, but Lee was mostly only social for Bowie. Then again, he was used to them all by now. It was not hard to get them together except that Lee would rather hide out at Bowie’s house. Considering they lived next door… well, it wasn’t that difficult to just go over.

Although Robin had never met Julie, Teagan spoke of his son often enough. If you were left alone with him for too long, you would hear many things about his son. He was a doting father, even with such a small age gap. Robin did not express himself very much, preferring to keep his emotions in check. Teagan was visibly happy though.

Very nice to see you too.

Julie claimed that Robin would know that Teagan was a good teacher. “I never took his classes.

Robin didn’t flinch as Teagan put a hand on his upper back. “He’s so kind. I did teach him French and Spanish though. So… he must have an opinion on my skills.

Si.

Teagan laughed, realizing Robin was leaving it at that. So, what were they looking for? “We’re making dinner. Specifically Robin, is making gumbo. And I am supervising him.” Robin looked at his father while he spoke, but added nothing. “He’s a talker, I know.” Robin made a small noise. He was used to the sass. “And you? Need some ginger?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Juliet Marlow
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 09:38 PM
Townie
Mandie

It was always nice to meet someone new. Growing up that had been a rather regular occurance. Her mother was probably the most social person Julie knew. For some people that might have pushed them hard into anti-social behavior or at least the fine art of being quiet, but Sandy was the quietest of the three of them and you would be hard pressed to call him quiet. He just wasn't. Of course he also didn't go out of his way to find socil situations something Todd seemed to thrive on.

"Very nice to see you too."

"How have you been doing since I finished up my lessons?" she asked. "I haven't seen you much since then. I guess we probably don't spend much time in the same social circles." She grinned. "But then sometimes I think that the majority of my social circle since I moved here has been Sandy and Mara, so I guess that's not much of a surprise." Sandy was her social circle and she was his. Of course Mara was in both social circles as well, but for two supposedly extroverted people they didn't get out nearly as much as her bubbly sister-in-law.

"I never took his classes."

"I guess that's not all that surprising. Most people don't take classes taught by the relatives, not unless they are home schooled and then it's almost exclusivly relatives teaching them."

"He’s so kind. I did teach him French and Spanish though. So… he must have an opinion on my skills."

"Most likely."

"Si."

She grinned. "And there you have it."

"We’re making dinner. Specifically Robin, is making gumbo. And I am supervising him. He’s a talker, I know."

"Well, someone's got to do the listening. Makes it hard for those of us who like to talk for more than just hearing the sound of our own voice." She winked. "Now, the people who just talk to hear themselves speak. Well, they don't really need anyone there to listen now do they. Probably don't even notice when people leave."

"And you? Need some ginger?"

"I don't know if you remember or not, but I live with my brother, Sandy, and his wife, Mara. Well, my other brother, Todd, was here for a visit and somehow or another managed to use all the ginger in the house. I'm not sure how he did it, because I really don't think we were low when he arrived."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll