February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Fate Unknown, [Solo Events]
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 10:06 PM
Townie
Jaya

[February 21, 2017]
Ian yawned. After years, she had learned to wake up early, but after a few months, it was getting easier to wake up after the sun was in the sky. She was also able to enjoy the weather a bit more. Sure, it might be warm at noon, but when you were out in the cold morning, you were a bit biased about how it wasn’t as warm as California. Lyric had a point though, it was warm in Connecticut in the summer. Just not the winter. It was February, exactly three months since Chloe was born. Lyric was at work, and Ian was home that morning. Each month on the day of 21st, Ian took a picture of Chloe with the blue corduroy elephant that Paige had picked out for her. Although Chloe was growing quickly, it was hard to tell without looking at clear evidence. Also Ian wanted the pictures for posterity’s sake. She took pictures of Chloe the rest of the time, but this was a specific setup. She also made it a habit to buy Lyric a candle on that day. She wasn’t really sure why she picked up that habit, but she knew Lyric liked them, and after three times it was apparently a pattern.

Ian had a system set up where she was making a calendar for her moms one month at a time, but these were different. Today she had put Chloe in a little red onsie with a snowman on the front, white and gray pants and a matching hat. She could only fit into these outfits for so long, and she could only fit the winter theme for so long. Probably not into mid-February, but Ian would hear no complaints. Chloe was adorable, and the pictures were adorable. Ian’s hair was still fairly short, only a bit longer than a pixie cut, and she liked it that way. She was snacking on golden raspberries as she walked from the kitchen to Chloe’s room. Chloe had a little motorized swing with a cutesy little lamb on it, which was set up in the living room. Ian’s camera was nearby on a table.

On that day, Ian was just wearing some black sweatpants, a loose gray t-shirt, and white socks with red stripes at the top. The sort of socks she wore to play soccer when she was younger. She looked forward to the weather warming up so that she could play soccer outside, but she wouldn’t try until at least May. Probably early May, but she had some time to go, so her socks were cozy enough for staying home with Chloe. Sometime around ten AM, Chloe was fed, and around eleven she decided she didn’t like something. Ian changed her diaper, but Chloe continued to fuss.

Ian sighed, speaking in Russian to her daughter, “C’mon Chloe. What’s up? What’s on your mind? Mommy can only guess, I can’t read your mind.” Chloe was not satisfied. Ian had already taken the pictures, and she wanted to upload them onto her computer, but Chloe was not in the mood to be put down and into the swing. An hour later and she continued her strike. If Ian set her in her swing, she started crying. Ian picked her up, and she was quiet. Ian tried to sit, and Chloe started crying, so Ian had been pacing around the house for an hour.

You know… sitting is really cool. I mean, you don’t think so now, ‘cause you can’t actually sit… but it is. I wouldn’t like laying down if I had to do it all the time, but its really cool, I promise. Just think, you can be not standing, but also not lying down. Pretty sweet, right?” She sat down, Chloe immediately got upset, so Ian stood, sighing, “I guess you disagree. Okay… Well… I guess we’ll just walk around some more.

After about ten more minutes of pacing, Ian took another try with the swing. Chloe lay down, swaddled up in her blanket, but she insisted this wasn’t acceptable. Ian sat down next to the swing, knees under her. She had one gentle hand on Chloe’s body, guiding the swing back and forth. It moved on its own, but she moved it with a fraction more force, just to keep her hand there. “Dancing bears, painted wings… things I almost remember. And a song… someone sings… once upon a December,” Ian sang quietly. Chloe listened, but she argued at first, “Someone holds me safe and warm… horses prance through a silver storm… figures dancing gracefully across my memory.” Chloe blinked, and Ian hummed the musical interlude, moving to tap Chloe’s nose gently as Ian smiled at her daughter.

Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance through a silver storm. Figures dancing gracefully, across my memory. Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember, things my heart used to know, things it yearns to remember… and a song, someone sings… once upon a December.

Chloe had finally drifted into a comfortable nap. Maybe she’d worn herself out, maybe she swing lulled her to sleep, and maybe it was Ian. It was most likely all of the above, but Ian didn’t care. She smilled at her daughter still, sitting there, watching her rock back and forth. Ian retracted her hand so she didn’t risk disturbing her baby, and felt satisfied. This was the best reason for her not to stress about working every day.

[Outfit]

--------------------

See Your Face
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Lesbian - Self-employed Photographer - House
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:10 PM
Townie
Jaya

[March 19, 2017][Birthday]
Love you boo. We’ll talk when I’m back.

Dated March 12th, 2017. Ian looked at the text as if it was going to change. As if the words were lying to her. He was getting back April 30th. He was getting back in over a month. It was a long trip. He’d been looking forward to it. Lots of hiking, lots of out of service, but he wouldn’t be out of service the whole time. In fact, he would be in a city this day. She knew because he’d posted a picture on Instagram. Giving people updates. Ian wasn’t much for social media, but she could check it periodically. So he had net, but as he’d said, because he was on another continent, he couldn’t get calls or texts. She glared at the text as if it was going to apologize, repent for its ridiculousness, and make her phone ring.

No such luck.

Ian put her phone down and walked outside. She hadn’t yet figured out a way to landscape a nice garden area for Lyric, but that would come. They had the house, they had a baby, and they had time. She just wanted to make it happen at some point. While their dynamic certainly didn’t work like a stereotypical married couple, Ian did take upon herself a certain amount of the handyman style things. That didn’t mean she was succeeding at them, but she did want to try. Just not today, not on her birthday.

Next year, you’re gunna be married, you’re gunna be a momma, and you’re gunna be so fricking old.

Fricking, huh? Censoring for little old me?

Hah, yeah, I try, you know? I’m just selfless like that. But just think, because you gave up smoking, you don’t even look ancient yet.

I’ll be twenty-six, Dylan. Not seventy-six. And you are not that much younger than me.

Not that much, but I am younger than you, boo, and that’s the main point.

You’re insufferable.

You love me.

Ian would have laughed, if she wasn’t so annoyed. Right now you wanted a cigarette. She wanted something between her fingers that would calm her nerves. Not nervous anxiety, but irritated agitation. Go, have a fun trip, see the world, be worldy, fuck some people, if that was what he wanted. And most likely it was. She knew him. He was her best friend. But he could at least not just forget her birthday. If he’d apologized, said he would write a post to her, leave a message in advance. Something? Acknowledge the day at all? Was it too much to ask? Was it too much to think that her best friend would consider her birthday? What was she? A notification on facebook that he would click on if he remembered?

Ian cracked her knuckles and walked along the edge of their property. She wasn’t inside because she was doing things with her family later. She’d already spoken to Risa and Paige on the phone. Alexius was coming by soon. It was a good day. Lex had just turned nineteen, and Ian was twenty-six. She didn’t feel old. Maybe she could use a bit of teasing by her favorite obnoxious gay guy. That annoying buddy she’d had since they were just eighteen. She loved him, but sometimes he infuriated her. She didn’t want to bring down his trip, but it wouldn’t have killed him to be a bit… considerate for one day. Just the one day. Just for Ian. But no. Instead he probably wasn’t even thinking about her. If he was, she had no way to know. She came inside and checked her phone, checked social media. Nope. He was out of touch and she wasn’t going to bother to poke him online. She wasn’t going to try to chase him down for a mere acknowledgement of a day he used to celebrate with her. She was ticked off, and she was going back outside to take a walk. She might have some words for him later, but for now she was just going to cool off so that it didn’t affect the rest of her day.

--------------------

See Your Face
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 08:38 PM
Townie
Jaya

[December 20, 2016][1 Month: Ferris Office Building]

Chloe was so tiny. Lyric had taken time off to be with her, but eventually she would be going back to work. Ian, on the other hand, only had a few days left of her current job. She was fortunate to be living in a relatively small town. If she had lived in a larger town she would not have found it so easy to get a job working for the postal service. It had been a good place to work, no doubt, but it wasn’t what Ian wanted to do for the rest of her life. Sure, she was only twenty-five, but she didn’t want to hit thirty and wonder why she hadn’t been really pursuing her dreams. She didn’t want to be a starving artist, but she did want to be able to tell Chloe someday that it was a good thing to have a goal and strive toward it. It would be hypocritical to not even make that attempt in her own life.

Alright Chloe, we’re going to Ferris Office Building. That’s where Mommy works,” Ian told Chloe, despite the little girl not being able to understand her. Chloe was swaddled and tucked up into a stroller. Ian was not going to risk carrying her around in one of those front facing baby backpacks. Baby frontpack? They were called carriers, but she wasn’t going to risk it. She was taking Chloe out today, away from Lyric. She was one month old today, and Ian decided to take something in to her office. She had also been told that someone left her some paperwork in her little mailbox there.

Ferris Office Building is where Mommy has her office. Its three stories tall, and has a dentist and some lawyers. It also has a lady that does a lot of quilting, and a lovely accountant who collect robin bird items. She has a robin mousepad, and a mug, and a staple holder that she puts strawberry candies in. Its all quite red,” Ian explained as they walked. It took more than a few minutes just walking there, and by that time Chloe was in a deep sleep. Ian didn’t want to disturb Chloe, so she took her into the office first.

Ian took about ten minutes to look through paperwork and let a few of her work neighbors meet Chloe. Several minutes of intense cooing later, she had a friend willing to take about ten pictures on Ian’s camera. Ian left the stroller just outside the picture and carrier Chloe to the front doors. Her acquaintance stepped back across the street to take the pictures. She came back and let Ian look through them. She was satisfied with two of them, so she didn’t need to ask for many more.

On the way home, Ian explained to her, again sleeping, daughter, “I am going to take a picture of you in front of a town landmark every month until I think I have covered them all. You’ll probably be… two or something by the time I am done. Ah, that sounds crazy. You’re a month old, baby girl… time flies. Except that you keep me up all night but…. I’m not sure if it’s the sleep deprivation that makes time fly now or go slower… but its alright. I’ll have this picture forever. And one day we can look back and see how you grew up in this town…” Even though Ian knew she was basically talking to herself, she felt satisfied.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 05:35 PM
Townie
Jaya

[January 23, 2017][2 Months: Looseleaf Books]

Upon arriving at Looseleaf on Monday with Chloe, Ian was almost amused to see how busy things were. Monday. The start of the Spring semester. At a coffee and book shop. Yeah, so she should have predicted that. She gave a quick wave to her wife who was bustling around behind the counter getting people drinks. Lochland could almost be confused for a city in this moment. Ian didn’t want to bother Lyric, so she kept away from the counter for the time being. She was carrying Chloe around in a car seat now. She was actually sleeping until they arrived. The noise inside woke her up, and Ian was quick to try to distract her.

Good afternoon, angel. Did you have a nice sleep? Do you need changed? Are you hungry?” She went to the bathroom and changed Chloe’s diaper. Chloe was still displeased, so Ian ended up with the carrier in a corner as she walked around the store with Chloe in her arms.

This is where Mommy works. I would show you Mommy but you might get upset that we have to leave her. She’s very busy today. She’ll be home tonight though, and give you lots of cuddles.” Chloe dutifully sucked at the milk in her bottle. Breastfeeding was all well and good but there wasn’t anything Ian could do about that on her own, so bottles were her best friend.

Ian also had her camera hung around her neck. When Chloe stopped eating, Ian started tickling her nose, and received one of her rare smiles. It was a new development. Within about a week. It was Ian’s favorite thing. She took a picture. Chloe looked confused, but Ian let her poke at the camera a bit before rubbing taking the lens cap off again for another picture. She really didn’t want to rub off baby hand smudges.

Ian set Chloe up in her carrier on one of the tables and took a few pictures so that she could see the whole scene. Chloe, Lyric working in the background, and the menu. With that safely tucked away in her camera memory, Ian was willing to make a quick exit, after one more wave to Lyric.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 05:57 PM
Townie
Jaya

[February 24, 2017][3 Months: Bob’s Grocery Mart]

Ian always tried to take Chloe out when Lyric was busy doing something else. On this particular afternoon she insisted that Lyric could stay home and take a nap. This way Ian could get pictures, spend time with Chloe, and not feel like she was relying on Lyric to maintain Chloe. Ian was perfectly good with their daughter, she didn’t need practice after three months. She just liked to have these moments to go and take pictures on her own.

Chloe had been making a day of kicking Ian every time she picked her up. She was completely happy, but she just wanted to flail around. She was safely swaddled in her cart with now. They stopped out in front of the store for a picture. She set up Chloe in her carrier, and in the cart, so that Ian could get close to the ground and take a good shot. She had to be able to see Chloe, and to see the sign. It was important to include landmarks. She fussed around with her camera a bit longer before being satisfied.

Now we can go inside and get some food. I am tempted to get your Mommy wine but… I’ll just buy milk instead. Not the milk you drink, but I guess… well, you’ll get some from her… in another way. It goes through her to you. You’ll understand when you’re older,” she decided, pushing Chloe into the store. She picked up a gallon of milk and then went slowly down the aisles.

So… Bob’s is a staple of Lochland Grove. You can get things at the Quikstop, but this is where you get most things. There are also small shops on Plum Avenue, but we’ll get to that later. This is where we get our milk, and baby food. And diapers. You use a lot of those. They stock all the essentials, but they aren’t open twenty-four hours like some places in bigger towns. We don’t have a huge work force to do something crazy like that…” She offered her finger for Chloe to tentatively hold onto while they walked. “Sometimes they will order special things if we request them, but I always feel a bit rude coming in and asking for something like Kale… I don’t eat kale. But… anyway, hipster food. Gotta keep healthy so I can wake up in the middle of the night and tend to you, baby girl.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 06:06 PM
Townie
Jaya

[late March/early April 2017][4 months Take my Picture with Kieran Hill]
[April 27, 2017][5 Months: Ambrosia Fine Dining]

This, Ian said, letting a friend hold Chloe, “Is a fine dining restaurant.” She took a few pictures.

“I know that, Ian.”

Ian was distracted for a moment, looking at her friend in confusion. “Oh… no. I’m talking to Chloe.

He chuckled. “Okay, excuse my manners.”

Ian laughed, “So as I was saying.” She took another picture. “This is Ambrosia Fine Dining. The name comes from ambrosia, which is… a nectar? Anyway, it was what mythological gods would drink. Its fancy schmancy stuff, Chloe.” Her friend chuckled again, shifting Chloe so that her face was more visible between her little coat and her hat. She was bounced around until she was giggling, and Ian continued.

It is where you go if you want to impress someone. Basically. You won’t need to impress anyone for a long time Chloe. But you could just smile at them and your mother’s eyes will be more than enough to make everyone swoon. I have never actually eaten here. I’ve lived here for years, but I’ve never felt like eating at someplace like this. I bet they have really nice food. And I’m told they always have soft music playing for ambiance. So… that’s one gig you could get as a musician in Lochland, eh?

“Absolutely,” her friend answered, but he was adding, not acting like she was just talking to him in the first place.

See? Everyone agrees, baby. Maybe when you are older your mother and I will take you here for a big celebration. By then you might not like going to someplace stuffy… but its nice to be cultured. That’s why we’re taking all these pictures. Alright, I’ll take her back,” Ian said, getting the baby sling ready for Chloe. He’d agreed to be in the area for a few minutes, but otherwise he was off to do his own thing. Ian did appreciate the help though. She didn’t want all of Chloe’s pictures to involve a stroller or car seat.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 07:09 PM
Townie
Jaya

[May 25, 2017][6 Months: Plum Street Cinema]

Chloe had on a cute pink dress and was holding onto a stuffed elephant while Ian pushed her around in her stroller. She was big enough that carrying her in the Baby Bjorn was really not a good idea on Ian’s back. Although she loved the closeness with her daughter, she also really liked having an intact spine. The stroller was a lovely amenity

So… this is Plum Avenue. We were here last month. When we met Kieran and his daughter Grace. Did you have fun with that?” Chloe smiled, and Ian laughed. “Well that’s good. So… Plum Avenue. Or Plum Street, depending on how stubborn you are. Technically its Plum Avenue, but the people that have lived here a while didn’t like that. It was Plum Street, but it sounded fancier this way.

Chloe looked around as Ian pushed her along and spoke to her. She had a little blanket set up, and Alexius walking along with them. The picture was taken as per usual, this time with Chloe actually sitting up on a blanket, with her boppy, in front of the cinema. At that time of day no one was actually bustling around. A casual Thursday.

The picture was wrapped up and Alexius helped put Chloe back in the stroller. “This is where we’ve taken you to a movie. But only the one time. You slept through it, fortunately. But I wouldn’t want to risk you fussing through the whole thing. They only have one screen, and they show two movies a week. So sometime in the future we’ll take you. It’s a small town so… I don’t think its going anywhere, sweetie.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 07:22 PM
Townie
Jaya

[June 29, 2017][7 Months: Plum Street Hardware]

As Ian pushed the stroller humming alone, Chloe was clapping her hands. She hadn’t been doing it very long, but it was clearly one of her favorite things to do with her hands now. Other than put them in her mouth. Ian had already taken the picture of Chloe outside. She was always anxious about setting Chloe up outside. She was getting better at it, preparing the appropriate objects. Once Chloe was old enough to just stand on her own it would be really convenient. That would be… terrifying, actually.

For now the pair was just walking around inside the hardware store. “So, Chlo… this is the hardware store. Plum Street. Still the whole Plum Street and not Plum Avenue vein of things. Oh! I should pick up some plums. I wonder when they are in season. We can see if they have plums in any of the baby food at Bob’s… but you also might just like the mush taken out of one of the fruits. So that would be good.

Ian looked down and Chloe had one fist in her mouth, and was reaching, flailing in fact, toward some power tools. Ian kept the stroller in the middle of the aisle. “No sweetheart. No tools. You’re not big enough for them yet. Maybe we’ll get to a big fake plastic one and you can chew on it… that’s what you’d do with a drill bit anyway. And that would be bad. Anyway, I think this store opened… uh… a long time ago. Oh, the wall outside, it opened in the sixties. So the store is… in its fifties. Wrap your little baby girl brain around that one. This is where I’ll shop when I finally make that garden for your mommy. I’ll do it… just… maybe when you’re a bit older.” She leaned down to kiss Chloe’s forehead gently. Earning her a shrill happy noise.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 08:14 PM
Townie
Jaya

[July 24, 2017][8 Months: Trudy’s Fashion]

With the very gracious help of the Trudy’s staff, Ian was extremely pleased with her picture for the day. She got two of the employees to sit with Chloe and hold her so that she was standing on her feet. When they heard that it was for a scrapbook, they all but cooed at the thought. Thank goodness for older ladies whose kids were not quite popping out grandbabies yet.

Since the staff seemed so happy to gush over Chloe and Ian on that particular day, Ian let them speak for her. “I’m trying to tell her about the different landmarks in Lochland. Today is Trudy’s Fashion day… do you have anything you want to say about the place?” she paused for a moment, “And I know she’s a bit young to retain this…

“Oh, that’s no problem dear,” the woman said, waving a hand to dismiss that worry. “She has to start hearing it. Oh you’re so cute together.” Ian smiled, a bit awkwardly, but pleased. “Well… let’s see… Trudy McLean founded Trudy’s back in 1971. That’s when the store opened. Her motto was ‘trendy not trashy’ and we’ve tried to keep up her values. We stock the latest trends for men and women, and we have some cute little pieces for little ones like you too.” She tapped a now giggling Chloe’s nose. “Speaking of which, you should pick out something for her. If you aren’t too stuffed with cute outfits already.”

Sure,” Ian said with a small laugh. “Cute things are welcome.” She was soon shown an adorable outfit with a giraffe on it and had already texted Lyric a picture gushing about it by the time she left. Being a parent was definitely influencing Ian’s interests.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 09:23 PM
Townie
Jaya

[August 29, 2017][9 Months: 24/7 Quikstop]

I told you we’re come by the Quikstop at some point, baby girl.

“Stop! Stop!” Chloe said. It was one of her words, and she was thrilled that wherever they were included this word. Ian chuckled.

Right… or Go…

“Stop!” Chloe repeated, smiling. Ian laughed again.

Okay, sure. Anyway, this is the Quikstop… twenty-four seven. What that means is… its open twenty four hours a day, and seven days a week. That’s all the time. I’m not sure if it closes for any Holidays or if its also 365. That is how many days in a non-leap year. A leap year is where there is one extra day in February. So that the cycles of the earth match up with the calendar… basically. You’ll learn about it in school too, so don’t worry.

“Stop.”

Mmmhm.” Ian sat Chloe up on a bench out in front of the Quikstop. She hooked the back of Chloe’s shirt to the bench just to keep Chloe from moving forward. “Stop. Stay. Sit.

“Stop,” Chloe said again. She blinked at her mother, starting to lean to one side. Ian stepped forward and adjusted Chloe to an upright position again.

She stepped back, taking pictures quickly, even as she bantered with Chloe. She got Chloe chanting the word “stop” for about a minute, which seemed to make for some very cute pictures. “Your grandmas are going to be very excited to get their Calendar picture, Chloe. Its very cute. You’re always cute, but this one is even more cute…

She unlatched Chloe and lifted her up. She’d just driven to the Quikstop and got some gas. They went inside as Ian talked. “It’s a place to get alcohol real fast but… you don’t need any of that. I don’t even need any of that, and I can buy it legally.” The cashier was giving her a weird look, before going back to ignoring her. Ian ignored it as well.

Lochland is a tourist town, so they have a lot of pamphlets about various activities. So if there is anything going on in town, you can probably find a nice glossy paper about it in this rack here…” She let Chloe grab one of the papers to look at. It had to do with the school. “That will be your souvenir for today, Chlo.” At that point Ian grabbed a snack and paid for that and her gas.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 10:14 PM
Townie
Jaya

[September 25, 2017][10 Months: The Odyssey Club]

Ian wasn’t so sure if her mothers would be thrilled about this particular calendar month. This was going to be for October. Ian got the pictures ready and put into a calendar format before emailing them over in a high quality image. She had it set up so that Risa or Paige could just print them off, usually at work, and take them home. It was nice to have a cute picture of their granddaughter to look at all month. The fact that Ian was taking a picture of Chloe in front of a night club… was questionable at best. She somehow thought it was better to take the picture now at ten months old than try to take one when Chloe was like four and would be able to ask questions. Right now she wasn’t really asking questions, and that was perfect. The strip club was next and Ian liked that place even less.

This picture was taken with another friend. Much as Ian wasn’t happy about letting anyone else work her camera, she also wanted a good picture, and she did not want to put Chloe on the ground in front of the club. She would have to let someone else help her next month too. Chloe was in a little red coat with black leggings. She was struggling to move around, but Ian helped the friend time each picture. Between shots, and her friend fussing about figuring out how to focus the camera, Ian spoke quietly to her daughter.

This is the gay bar. The Odyssey. Not sure why the name. Going on a journey? I guess. They have sales on Tuesday, because generally you go to a bar on the weekend. They have to pick up sales during the week, so they entice people with deals. But you don’t need to go to clubs. I used to in college, but you’re too young. So no clubs for you.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 10:33 PM
Townie
Jaya

[October 16, 2017][11 Months: Stilettos]

“Cah… cah… cah.” Car seemed to be a word slightly beyond Chloe’s vocabulary. Ian wasn’t sure why. She said stop just fine. Ian wasn’t in the best mood, but she was feeling fairly light hearted anyway. She’d spent about twenty minutes arguing with Chloe about putting her shoes on. After that she tried to put them on for her. She wasn’t going to sit there and just argue with an eleven month old baby. The shoes were going on. This wasn’t a negotiation. Well, that involved some screaming, and Ian had all but developed a headache. With some level of amusement, Ian discovered that Chloe, shoeless as she was, seemed to be in a perfect mood now that they were in the car.

Mmmhmm. Car. Those are cars.” Chloe repeated the attempt at a word every time they drove past another vehicle. It would have been annoying if it wasn’t cute. At least she wasn’t screaming.

The car was parked across the street from Stilettoes. She wasn’t going to bother parking in their actual parking lot. The establishment was a bit out of the way. Ian debated if she really wanted to get a picture of Chloe with the sign, but she was on her own. Her sister had gotten busy at the last minute. School project and all. Ian had decided not to wait. The weather was really nice, and Ian just wanted to get this one out of the way. She put one of Chloe’s little chairs on the sidewalk so that the car was out of the way. Out of the shot. She convinced Chloe to sit in the chair, and took the picture horizontally. She could crop it so that it had the sign, or she could completely cut out the building and just have a picture of her daughter in the middle of nowhere. It actually looked really nice without the sign. She was going to keep one with the sign, but not bother sharing it. She packed Chloe up back into the car after they got the right shots.

That’s a place where… different people work. I’m told there is body glitter.

“Shiny,” Chloe said enthusiastically.

Yeah… shiny…”Ian said, deciding it was best the least the educational tour to that.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 07:38 PM
Townie
Jaya

[December 11, 2017][Christmas shopping in Hartford with Chloe]
Ian had Chloe in a stroller as she pushed through the store. She’d been to a couple of stores already, and they were already in Hartford, so she was going to get this shopping done. Chloe was wearing an adorable giraffe onesie with long sleeves, socks, little boots, mittens, and a cap. Her coat was off while they were moving around the store. Lyric wouldn’t be off work for another three hours, which meant that Ian had no more than an hour to finish shopping and head home. She wanted to be home a comfortable time before there was any risk of Lyric being home. She did say she’d be going Christmas shopping, but she didn’t specify the location. She was still trying to sort out something for Lyric.

It was not that Lyric was difficult to shop for, Ian just wanted to get her something meaningful. She couldn’t do much to top last year. That had been so specific and not even been something that Ian could shop for. Well, today had been productive. She got gifts for her mothers, a gift for Alexius, a nice neutral gift for Laurel and one for Kurt, something for Bethany, and another couple of things to spoil Chloe. Now for Lyric. Ian was touching so many blankets she felt like she looked weird. Eventually she settled on a very fuzzy blanket that Chloe seemed to like especially much. At least she giggled and pointed at it more than others. It had a nice savannah scene with some animals, which was probably why Chloe liked it. Beyond that, Ian got nine different candles that she ordered online, and picked up from the post office on the way home. She imagined Lyric would like the package of candles more than the blanket, but she still got both.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 10:48 PM
Townie
Jaya

[June 2010]
It was a Monday, flying out of LAX. Ian could feel nerves even as she sat there perfectly still. Paige had dropped Ian off at the airport so that Ian didn’t have to pay for a ride there. It was definitely more convenient. Risa couldn’t get the time off work, but Paige simply took half a sick day. Ian appreciated that, even as she was sitting in the airport at just after six in the morning. It would be a long day. By the end, it would be two hours later, and no doubt she would be sick of planes for a while.

It would be worth it.

By the end of today, Ianthe Stuart would be in Lochland Grove, Connecticut. For the first time in her life she would be meeting the Majors. She couldn’t remember if she had met her father as a baby but she may as well not have. She didn’t remember him, and he hadn’t attempted to get involved in her life in the last nineteen years. He’d had nearly two decades to try. She wasn’t going there to see Kurt, she was going to see Alexius. Her little sister. She was about twelve now, and they were going to meet for the first time. Sure, they only shared a bloodline through Kurt, and he was the most thin of connecting threads, but Ian was very excited. Half sibling or not, this was the only sibling she had. Paige and Risa were long past the stage of being expected to adopt, and Ian had spent so much of her childhood alone wishing for someone like Alexius. She didn’t even feel tired, she was too wired for the eventual meeting.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:41 PM
Townie
Jaya

June 11, 2018
Ian stretched out in the bed. Dylan had texted her. She was still pretty done with him for the time being. He was her best friend, but a relationship needed maintenance on both sides, and he had too many things going on to be attentive. He had so much going on. A new boyfriend he was pretty pumped about. He asked her if she was doing anything for “pride month” and she asked him if he forgot who he was talking to.

D-wats the issue again?

I-No issue. I don’t like “Pride” events.

D-not big into lions?

I-I’m not big into being grouped with other people and treated like a side show.

D-roar
D-u mad?

I-Chloe needs tended to.

Chloe had not needed tended to. She wasn’t awake yet. It was only seven in the morning, which made it four in California. So either he was up insanely early or he hadn’t slept yet. She remembered an offhand comment he made about Hawaii. It would be… one in the morning there. More reasonable for him to be awake, probably just getting home from a party with his beau. Yeah, that sounded right.

D-we cud call?

I-Busy.

She didn’t know why he was trying. The last time he’d called he had wanted to talk about his boyfriend’s… parts, and as a lesbian, Ian was wholly uninterested. Also it was weird. Not really weird for them, but she was tired enough of him only wanting to talk about himself that she just didn’t have the patience. There had been times where she was thrilled to let him talk about whatever he wanted, but she was grown now. She was an adult with a family, and his priorities still demanded she be the one to make the effort, just to hear about what he wanted to talk about. Maybe they’d grown apart. That was a sad thought. Or maybe… she wasn’t sure. She sighed and sat up. She could get in a shower before Chloe was liable to be up and about.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll