February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Holidays are important in Lochland Grove. It is no wonder the community is buzzing over Little Halloween; a celebration of the town's bravery in the face of serial killer Robert Lewis.

Now that Lewis's copy cat is behind bars, does Little Halloween hold new meaning? What of the approaching Hurricane Caroline?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

Jaya has looked over your questions and written some answers! Check out the May Announcements for all the details, and maybe learn something new.

Lochland Weather

Dark, cloudy, rainy.. There may be a hurricane over the New England Area. Stay Safe, Lochland Grove!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

May 10th
Ask Jaya and
May Announcements!

May 5th
Look! A Newspaper!

May 1st
No Activity check!
Goodluck, Students on finals!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Nectar of the Gods, Jorge Cervantes
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:30 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Nostalgia... a memory with feeling was the best kind of memory. Something that moved her. Something that made her breath catch and her pulse quiver. Minnie felt it every time she looked at the treasured paintings currently hidden in her new house, but remembering an idle Saturday was far more powerful. A bottled memory? It was perhaps the best she could think of. It wasn’t something she expected Jorge to share himself. In fact, she was perfectly content with him skipping away at high speeds with his answer to her own question.. but.. he suprised her...

Very much so...

”A Sunday afternoon. I was listening to a book and I felt tiny hand suddenly plop on my stomach. My baby girl took her first steps. I called my wife, who had stepped out to grab something for her, and...we both just exploded with laughter…”

This was perhaps the most naked of responses she had heard from him. Where were these people now? there was an air of bitter sweetness to the story. No, she was certain something had happened, something she wouldn’t pry about.

Her question was simple, and he answered it with something just as simple. A light hearted little tidbit. Minnie had lost track of questions, but she figured she would just continue until he stopped her. ”I hope you don’t think this is too forward of me, but…” Her head tilted, curious.”If I may ask, can you describe yourself? I have a vague idea of what you look like, but I’m always interested to hear people describe themselves to a blind man.” The woman took her wine and finished it before rising. ”A good question.. What do I look like.” Grabbing the back of her chair, she moved it near him, settling back into it with a comfortable sigh that was very close to his shoulder.

”Do I look like? T’ere was a campaign floating around facebook t’at talked about ‘ow people viewed t’emselves. Supposedly a few people were selected and t’ey told an artist, who couldn’t see t’em, what t’ey looked like.” She crossed her long legs slowly, right over left. ”T’ey were.. ‘umble, ‘ard on t’emselves.. t’em could only see flaws. The pictures were ‘ardly fair. People tend to be t’at way, don’t t’ey?” Settling an arm on the back of her chair, she twisted to look at him. ”You ‘ave the rare opportunity of knowing me before you know what I look like. I find t’at interesting. Even appealing.” Her voice lowered to a deep sultry tone. ”What if i told you I ‘ave a body build for dreams, Skin soft to the touch.. creamy and fair wit’ bright colored ink of a lost artist.” Her eyes lowered to look at her nails. ”Long slender fingers.. skilled, expressive... the kind of lips you want to kiss.. Painted in devil red and full.. Long endless legs.. Her head tilted, lifting her lips near his shoulder as she leaned slightly.. her hair touching his arm. [b]”The curves of a goddess.. “ She hummed, chuckling. ”A ... heaving bosom? Full and certainly not fake. Much like I don‘t pretend to be fake. “ She didn’t bother being humble, but she was nice enough to lower her voice. ”What did you t’ink I looked like? “ She teased/ ”Or would you prefer to wait until we go 'ome? I can wait, I’m quite.. curious.”

Alright, she’d behave.. ”I suppose.. I could give you a different question. T’at is a little unfair... so... hmm... ‘what.. was your dream job growing up?” Her eyes glanced at him playfully, rising to move her chair back. ”Feel free to take your time. The food is wort’ savoring.”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:07 AM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge didn’t want this to seem like he was being taundry. He wasn’t asking Minuit what she looked like because he was looking for a reason to not stay, as a matter of fact, it was quite telling to ask someone and have them answer. People tended to be hard on themselves, in much the same way as Minuit described the experiment that went floating around Facebook. Over time people only saw their flaws, denying the beauty that others saw in them over the years spent together. It was truly a sad state for the world, but there it was.

Therefore, when Jorge asked, he merely wanted to see how she would react. Would she blush? Would she tone shift? Would she be offended? Or would she been overwhelming humble. As it turns out, she was none of those things. Rather than take it as an offense, she took it as a challenge.

He heard the sound of her shifting. For a moment he thought maybe she was going to leave in a huff but rather she just continued to muse on the thought, sliding into a chair next to him. Jorge turned in her direction, smirking a little as she continued think on his question and how to respond. Apparently this was an opportunity because he got to know her before knowing what she looked like, seemingly something rare in her line of work, which was more than understandable.

Her voice lowered into a more sultry tone as she began to paint a picture in his mind: and it truly was that of a goddess. A sleek body, voluptuous, and every way a man’s dream. Jorge had indeed imagined something similar, given the woman’s profession and her teasing attitude since they first met. She could have certainly been lying but she hardly seemed like the type.

Jorge found his breath stopped as she leaned in, her hair stroking his skin as she continued to go on, describing herself. Then, she asked him what he thought she had looked like. But, before he could answer, she added that they could always wait until they got home to find out. And that, seemingly, had surprised the poet. There was no denying that he felt something around the woman but it had seemed, most of the time, like her teasing tone was just part of her personality, not that it would actually go anywhere. Then again, she could very well just be teasing him with the idea of something that she never actually intended.

At this point, Jorge would have to continue to play it cool before he ended up saying or doing something that would truly offend her. So, with a soft sigh, the man smirked a bit as he mulled over the how he wanted to answer her question. It was true, he had a vague idea in his head what he imagined the woman looked like but none of it sounded right -- that is until he added a bit of a artistic flare.

”The way I imagined you was something a bit more...abstract,” he said with a genuine smile. ”I don’t mean in the sense of Picasso or anything but something more...ethereal,” he started to explain. He turned towards her, almost looking as if he were watching her face for a reaction through his dark glasses. ”You were more a force, a conglomeration of fierce colors and gentle sounds. When you speak, normally, I see waves of blue surrounding a lithe silhouette. And when you speak as you are now,” He leaned in, mimicking her movements earlier. ”Low and sultry, I see the ghostly red lines of a nymph dancing in the the darkness; tempting, enrapturing, but fleeting.”

He paused before continue.

”To me, Ms. Estelle…” he smirked. ”...you seem more a force of nature than anything else. And, given what I have been learning about you...I think I may be right.”

He smiled. Really, what was this woman doing to him? It had been some time since he had spoken this boldly to anyone but it still felt natural with it was with Minuit. Much as he described her, she was like a tornado or a earthquake, he could just feel the air changing whenever she was around but it wasn’t terrifying, it was enticing.

After a moment she offered him a different question; after all, asking him what he thought about how he looked seemed almost like a moot point. Instead she asked something far more mundane, what was his dream job growing up. The man chuckled heartily.

”Funny enough, football player,” he said, dabbing the corner of his mouth with a napkin. ”I was very good in high school, was going to get a scholarship when…” he gestured to his eyes. The rest didn’t need to be said. So, Jorge paused for a moment, thinking, but he still found himself a little thrown off by Minuit’s earlier answer, as well as the response he gave her. So he sighed. ”I...think that was my tenth,” he said softly. ”So that least one final -- what is your final verdict on this old poet?”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 02:11 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She knew what she was. Introspection wasn’t new, and Minnie spent enough time carving out what she wanted to be to own it. That was all she could wish for. At the end of the day people would think what they wanted. Judging would always be there. It was having confidence that brushed it all away; after all, she was a goddess.

.. but what did Jorge think of her?

The man’s description was impressive. An artistic painting splashed upon life, breathing a sultry sigh of viberant colors. She wouldn’t say he was wrong. Once a poet, always a poet. ”To me, Ms. Estelle, you seem more a force of nature than anything else. And, given what I have been learning about you...I think I may be right.” Her certainly wasn’t wrong. She smiled with a slow nod. ” A true artist of the word, Mister Cervantes. I expected no less. ” She had meant to be merciful with her questions.. she’d even offered a different one to answer. He’d answered both what he thought of her and the career he’d wanted when young. ”football player.” an interesting choice. ”I...think that was my tenth,. So that least one final -- what is your final verdict on this old poet?” Quite the question.

She tilted her head, leaning on the knuckles of her hand as she got comfortable. ”Hmm.. I would say you are a man wit’ life experience. I admire the way you move t’rough life. T’ere ‘ave been ‘ardships, but you and Emma seem to be taking it all in one step at a time.” She had not forgotten the animal. ”You care about your students, you are independent, and you ‘ave a career you love. You ‘ave also found somet’ing to express yourself.” She hummed, glancing at the chilling wine bottle and deciding she’d had enough. ”I might add t’at I’m not impressed wit’ pretty words, but I can enjoy intelligence. You are never dull. 10 out of 10.” Her green eyes warmed beneath her thick dark lashes. ”Are you ready to get going? I can go pay the bill if you are. It should only take a few minutes of your time, and you can conspire wit’ Emma. I bet she would love the attention.”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 12:20 PM
Townie
Thoth

It was hard to turn off, his more artistic side. Even when he didn’t mean to, the poet had a way with words that seemed to stun most. He never understood what was so surprising about it since he spent the majority of his life reading classic works and creating his own little worlds with stanzas and rhyme schemes. Jorge knew how to paint a picture with words and, over time, his mind just seemed to do it automatically -- case in point with Ms. Estelle. He never saw the woman, never would, but his mind immediately crafted a poetic image of the woman whom he had been conversing with.

He smiled a bit when Minuit finally spoke, commending him for his compliment to her. He was glad that she took it that way as there were those who would have probably not see the beautiful quality he had put into his words. As a matter of fact, he distinctly remembered the last time he tried any romantic words with someone that it had spectacularly failed. Then again they were both drunk off their asses so it seemed unlikely that Jorge was as clear as he had thought.

But that was a story for another time.

While it was his turn to come up with another question, truth was that Jorge simply couldn’t think of one. They had learned a lot about one another during the course of their conversation, more than Jorge had ever thought he would learn from the woman. But that being said, he was curious how she viewed him after his own revelations. Was he just some old fool she pitied? Was a sweet friend whom she just enjoyed conversing with? Or was there something more there? What was her overall opinion?

His hands folded in front of him as he turned his ear towards her. He listened as she hummed to herself, considering her thoughts. When she finally replied, Jorge listened with utmost attention as she relayed her opinion about him: for the most part it was actually very sweet. It was ironic for a self-proclaimed curmudgeon to be spoken of so highly. Normally it would have made him uncomfortable but, at this point, the man was smiling. Seemed fitting as he earned a ten out of ten, apparently.

”That’s...very nice of you to say,” he said concerning the score. Honestly part of him wondered if he should give Minuit a summary as well but the woman had not asked for one and it felt presumptuous to guess that she even wanted to know his opinion about her. If she asked, of course, but if not, he understood. But Minuit didn’t let the silence stay between them for too long -- did he want to get going?

For a moment Jorge was actually unsure. He could feel his mind racing, trying to contemplate exactly what that would mean. What would happen once they walked out of this restaurant and back out into the cool air of the town. Another Uber ride? Two separate Uber rides? The woman was a mystery to the poet but for as frustrating as that was, it wasn’t entirely a bad thing either. Contrary, he wanted to see where this went. He only took a second to two to contemplate before he nodded.

”I think that’s a good idea,” he said. ”However, if I am not being allowed to purchase this lovely meal, the least I can do as leave the tip for our wait service.” He would just need to know how much the bill was so he knew what to leave. Though he chuckled when Minuit mentioned he would get some much needed time with Emma. ”I’m sure the old girl would more than appreciate it.”

He waited until he heard the sound of Minuit walking away before he reached down and stroked the dog’s head. Emma was older and she was clearly ready to get back into her bed. What had started as a quick excursion had turned into something entirely different now. What it was, where it was going, he didn’t know for sure, but he could guess and -- he wasn’t displeased with the notion. Reaching across the table, he found the basket with the breadsticks. Breaking off a small piece, he held it down under the table and smirked when Emma licked it off his hands and chewed it. He then ruffled the dog’s fur between his ears and sat back against the chair, waiting for Minuit to return.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 11:29 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Ambrosia was a fancy place with beautiful decor and expensive cuisine. Minnie had probably ruffled a few feathers waiting by the cash register. Several employees eyed her before someone rang her up. She was hardly perturbed. Her walk back was as confident as her walk there, and she was hardly feeling shy. She paused behind her chair to watch Jorge with his dog. He seemed to be in a good mood. ”I ‘ave returned, ‘andsome. Ready to get on the road? The food had been good, but she wasn’t willing to take an open bottle of wine or some pasta home with her. One was illegal and the other wouldn’t re-heat well... at least in her opinion.

Now she’d made her presence known, she grabbed her leather jacket and draped it gracefully over her shoulders. ”The bill was around fifty. Tip to your ‘eart’s content. The food was wort’ it.” Mostly. It was the conversation that had intrigued her more. ”Our taxi will be ‘ere soon. I took the liberty to call.... after all, the sooner we get out of the cold the better. I ’ate sitting in the cold.” Chattering teeth were hardly attractive to anyone. ”At least I will ‘ave good company. T’at is a true bonus. “

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 12:53 AM
Townie
Thoth

With Minuit gone, Jorge took the moment to sit and contemplate while stroking his lovely companion’s head between her ears. Emma was a sweet girl, probably one of the few whom he had trusted more than anything in the world. He took the moment to just show his appreciation for his beloved dog, but also to try and think on his experience thus far. It had been a rather excellent meal but the conversation was really what made it the most worthwhile. Ever since he had first met Minuit, he had actually wanted to learn a bit more about her and that had certainly happened today.

In quiet contemplation, the poet replayed the woman’s voice in his head, pulling out tidbits of information that she had given him, trying to organize them into specially marked sections for remembrance. Really he had learned far more about the woman than he had thought he would, but all of it had been of the utmost interest. Truly she had a fascinating and engaging view on life and her past seemingly held volumes of tales that he was honored to have heard some of.

Still, with her flirtatious air and her teasing words, the man was utterly confounded by her.

He caught her scent before she spoke. She had returned, leaning behind the chair she was once sitting in. The scent of her perfume or body wash or shampoo had come back stronger than ever, that was how he knew she was standing nearby. Still, he said nothing, merely continue to reward Emma for her good and patient behavior.

When she had finally spoke up again, he turned his attention to her, giving her a soft smile. ”More than ready,” he said. He stood up, listening as she told him the bill. ”Yes, it certainly has been an enlightening dinner,” he replied.

With the price of the food given, he pulled out his wallet and carefully felt for the right folded bills. He pulled out one ten (folded by its width) and one five (folded by its length) and set them on the table, beneath a salt and pepper shaker. That should more than cover the tip.

”Thank you again for a lovely meal,” he said earnestly. Minuit revealed that she had already called a taxi. Excellent, he would hate to be waiting out in the cold as well. ”You always think ahead,” he replied with a warm smile. ”And I think we both are making out like bandits in the ‘good company’ department.” He meant every word of it. So, after slipping his cane around his wrist and taking hold of Emma’s harness, Jorge offered Minuit his arm in a gentlemanly way. ”Shall we see where the night takes us, Ms. Estelle?”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 02:12 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She gathered her purse and jacket with a practiced grace, prepared to face the cold outside. Minnie wasn’t dressed to deal with winter weather, but at least she’d look good doing it. She watched with patience as Jorged deposited his tip. The man’s unusually folded money made sense to her almost at once. How else would he be able to tell a ten from a five? The action was actually quite clever. It reminded her she'd to tip the taxi waiting for them. ”Thank you again for a lovely meal. You always think ahead, And I think we both are making out like bandits in the ‘good company’ department.” The woman shrugged with with amusement, folding her arms. ”I like being pleasant. The world could use a little more of it.” Seh admitted, eyeing his offered arm.

”Shall we see where the night takes us, Ms. Estelle?”

Hmm.. ”I suppose.” Her words were purposefully hesitant, laying her fingers ever so gently on his sleeve. ”I do enjoy tossing myself to a little chaos, but I t’ink.. in t’is case I know where I’m going tonight.” Her left foot kicked in a chair, smoothly stepping around the tables as they started for the exit. ”It ‘as been an interesting day. Plenty of excitement ‘as already fallen on my doorstep. Now might be a better time to grab it by the collar and remind it t’at I’m not fond of unpleasant surprises.. or at least salve my wounds in what time I ‘ave left before I sleep.” She waved goodbye to the wait staff and took in a deep breath of what would be the last feeling of warm air she’d have until they were in the taxi. ”Besides.. stripping down and dipping my way into a bubble bat’ sounds divine. It’s good to pamper yourself. You only get one body, after all. The best tool you will ever own.“

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:55 AM
Townie
Thoth

A smile adorned his lips when he felt the younger woman take his arm. They had a lovely dinner together, the conversation had been excellent, and now it was time to return to bitter cold of the winter air. As much as it would have been appreciated to stay in the warmth and comfort of the restaurant, they needed to return to the world and and see where their paths would continue now.

She took his arm, stating that she already knew where it was that she wanted to go. It seemed that she took a particular liking to chaos now and again, but given the fact that he probably already derailed most of her day, a trip home was certainly in order. He could hardly deny her that.

They moved together out of the restaurant, Jorge using his cane to guide both him and Minuit out of the back towards the sounds of the front door chiming as they opened to reveal new guests. Minuit seemed to have a rollercoaster of a day, not account brought on by whomever it was that had upset her over the phone earlier. It was unfortunately that someone, anyone, could get to her like that but, if it were family, then he could more than understand it. If anyone deserved a restful night after all that, she did.

”It’s always good to remind the universe who’s in charge,” he smirked.

Minuit was not subtle. Or, at least, she didn’t seem to care who heard what she said. She was a woman of was unafraid to say what was one her mind, even if it was something that was as mundane as taking a bath. I put images in his head, now coinciding with the description she had given him earlier and the man had to dip his head down in appreciation of the company he was allowed to share tonight.

They stepped out into the burst of cold and Jorge instinctively reached up to zip his jacket a bit higher. It was definitely a good thing that Minuit had called for the taxi ahead of time. Once outside, he waited for her to indicate where the taxi was, if it was here, and would follow along at the appropriate time. Meanwhile…

”Lucky bubbles,” he teased her. ”It certainly sounds like some well-deserved time to yourself.” Emma sat near his feet, waiting for the next instruction. He patted the sweet dog between her ears. ”I agree, if you don’t take care of yourself, then who will? I mean, as a self-proclaimed goddess, I assume you could always ask your worshippers.” A playful smile adorned his lips.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 02:16 PM
Newcomer
Kat

There was nothing like a bubble bath. Warm caressing water, soothing scents, and candle light could make for the perfect end of her day. Even now she was anticipating it. Maybe she’d use one of those beautiful bath bombs her employees gave her for Christmas. Ambrosia could not keep her now. Cool air or not, Minnie had somewhere she wanted to be; neck deep. ”Lucky bubbles.” she smiled, keeping her eyes on the taxi parked nearby. ”It certainly sounds like some well-deserved time to yourself.”Of course it was. Every person had one body. Just one....

.. and it was the best tool they could ever own....

”I agree, if you don’t take care of yourself, then who will? I mean, as a self-proclaimed goddess, I assume you could always ask your worshipers.” Minuit tightened the coat around her shoulders with her feet hand, breathing in a soft laugh. ”Flattering, but per’aps not the best of ideas, Mister Cervantes.” He grey eyes glanced at him briefly before releasing his arm. [i] The body is a temple. We don’t get to choose who worships us, but we can choose who gets the honor of coming inside. “[/b] Being outside meant feeling the wind in her long hair and the chill on her skin, but her smile was warm. ”My mot’er once said to me ‘ you are wort’ more t’an the jewelry on your neck or your favorite shoes. You are priceless. Never settle. “ Opening the door, she slid in gracefully. ”Shall we be off?” Rather than make him go around, she settled all the way to the other side. ”I made room for you, Mister Cervantes.”

Finally taking the time to slide her arms into her jacket, she sighed internally at a momentary pang. It happened every time her mother came up. Regret was a heavy burden, but it sometimes came with good lessons. She tried to remember them now, a scrap of what once was. Her eyes lifted just in time to catch the driver's eye in the rearview mirror. He looked away quickly. ”It’s so toasty in ‘ere.” A mild compliment. .” T’ank you for picking us up. “ The man was a person, not a robot. She tried to make it clear before turning her attention back to Jorge. ”Soon you can be back to your ‘ouse wit’ your books and your new purchases. .. not to mention a new adventure for you and Emma to discuss. I’m sure she ‘as much to say on the subject.” Yes. He with his books and she with her glorious bubble bath. She couldn’t wait.

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 11:56 PM
Townie
Thoth

The chill that struck his cheek was like a slap across the face, making his senses suddenly hyper aware. Standing outside in the cool air, the only sensation of warmth that the poet truly had was that of the young woman who was at his side, arm intertwined around his. His evening with Minuit had been eventful and certainly far more surprising than he ever thought it would be. He was glad for it. Sometimes where was solace when you already knew how your everyday was going to work out, but when it went a decidedly different direction, it could be a good thing as well.

He smirked softly at Minuit dissauding the idea of being worshipped. The body was sacred, after all, and the only people who should have the honor of being worshipping should be those that were personally invited. He nodded his head in agreement, listening as Minuit related to him the parable of her mother, the lesson of which meaning that each person is priceless and that they should never settle when they could strive for more. Certainly Minuit was a priceless individual and she certainly had a host of admirers. Whomever she wanted to have by her side, they would only need to be asked and Jorge was certain they would drop anything to do so.

They moved across the cold concrete. He stopped at the gentle rumble of an engine that was stopped nearby -- it seemed that their ride was here. Hearing the sounds of shuffled, he listened as Minuit climbed in and then seemingly scooted over to make room for him. He dipped his head in thanks, gesturing to Emma for her to climb in first.

Once all was situated, Jorge himself folded his cane and slid into his seat next to the curvaceous dancer. Minuit was sweet as she thanked the driver for taking the time to stop for them. Again, Minuit just continued to prove to be a surprising creature. The way that she treated people, almost everyone as equals, was surprising and, yes, encouraging. It was one of those moments that would restore his faith in humanity.

The taxi was off and Jorge sighed as the bid the fine dining establishment goodbye. Again, it had certainly proved to be an interesting night, one that the poet would probably think about again once he had returned to his solitude.

Minuit’s voice cut through the silence in his mind. His sightless gaze drifting back to her, he smirked as she planned out his evening for him, a quiet night with his books and a discussion to be had with Emma. It almost sounded like the proverbial “girl’s night in” or some such nonsense, but the man wouldn’t say that outright; instead he just chuckled.

”Not nearly as relaxing sounding as a soak in a bubble bath,” he said, stroking Emma’s head. ”But it should certainly do the trick.” Emma yawned, placed her head on his lap. ”And I’m certainly she’ll only have the best things to say about you, Ms. Estelle. After all, I do.”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 01:27 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She was quite comfortable in her seat, feet gracefully crossed at the ankles so that she was turned slightly to look at Jorge. The well warn fabric beneath her had most certainly been broken in by many other taxi customers. Minnie lounged slightly against the door frame with one arm perched on the handle. It was easy to imagine Mister Cervantes was looking forward to his quiet evening at home. He would probably sit down with his books and talk to Emma. It was easy to imagine. ”Not nearly as relaxing sounding as a soak in a bubble bath, but it should certainly do the trick. And I’m certain she’ll only have the best things to say about you, Ms. Estelle. After all, I do.” Her green eyes glanced to the dog with a ‘oh really’ glint in them, returning quickly to the man’s face. ”You flatter wit’ charm. T’ere you were minding your own business when a whirlwind wit’ a sultry voice picked you up and took you out to dinner. ” She teased. ”Oh 'ow inconveniencing it must 'ave been for Emma.” The poor dog looked more tired than he did.

Having only told her own stop, it was only logical they would appear at Winghaven within a matter of minutes. Already she saw the signs of her destination closing in. ”Just so you know, I didn’t ‘ave your address so I told t’em Mine. We are only a few blocks from Wing’aven.” Being blind he certainly wouldn’t know that. I’m afraid you ‘ave to fill t’em in yourself after I’m gone. I’m not a very good stalker.”[/b] The end of January would be a new phase in her life, and she was still feeling badly prepared for it. Something she didn’t bother to mention. ”It ‘as been a most pleasant evening, Mister Cervantes. Certainly informative... I may ‘ave trouble t’inking of a question again! Such a pity.” Her full lips flashed a smile with teeth before she turned her attention to the apartment building. The light bounce of the taxi entering the parkinglot and ebbing speed told a tale no one needed eyes to see. ”I suppose t’is is goodbye.”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 12:59 PM
Townie
Thoth

It really had been a lovely evening. Unexpected, a bit overwhelming, but certainly one that was entertaining nonetheless. Jorge would certainly remember it for a long time to come. Minuit continuously proved herself to be quite the interesting creature, one that he enjoyed spending time with, though she was a bit of a contradiction. She was more energy than human as far as he could tell. A blunderbuss of words and sensations that the poet simply couldn’t get a solid bead on. But maybe that was a good thing, some mysterious shouldn’t have an answer.

He teased the woman, saying that his evening wouldn’t be as effective as a slow bubble bath but it would be effective enough for him. Emma, as if to prove how tired she truly was, yawned and laid her head against her knee. He chuckled, stroking her head between her ears. She most certainly deserved a well-needed rest.

Minuit’s voice rang in the darkness behind his eyes as she laughed off his flattery, recounting their events to make her seem like an inconsiderate monster to his old golden retriever. Emma had nothing to say on the issue, merely closing her eyes a bit more as she rested against her master’s leg. Jorge himself merely continued to stroke his companion’s head affectionately.

”Oh I’m sure she’s fine,” he smirked. ”If anything it just means I get to sleep in tomorrow.”

He could feel the vehicle coming to stop. Minuit then informed him that her stop was coming up and that she had neglected to tell the taxi his stop. He had to laugh at her comment about being a poor stalker, a statement which he could wholly agree with.

”Clearly you are terrible at it,” he replied. ”For one a good stalker never admits they’re stalking.”

An earnest smile was given to the woman. Feeling the vehicle come to a stop, he listened as she started to gather her things and made ready to leave. Adjusting his sitting so that he could face her, the grey-haired poet with the dark sunglasses expressed amusement at the woman’s parting words. The evening had been very enlightening and full of surprises; so much so that it was almost a shame it had to end. But clearly it must.

”I suppose it is,” Jorge replied to her farewell. ”At least until the next time.” A small bow of his head and he sighed. ”Thank you again for your assistance today, Ms. Estelle -- and, for making a old man feel welcome in this world again.” He turned back around in his seat, facing the driver. ”You have a lovely evening.”

And, with that, the door closed and Jorge informed the taxi of his own address back in Easy Lochland. It was time to leaves this night to the realm of dreams and memories.

-- FIN --

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll