February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 16st
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Beer, bullets, and fun, Abel's plot board
Abel Jensen
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 09:11 PM
Local
Ry

Meet Abel Jensen. He is 25 and he grew up in Lochland. He left for six years after graduating to join the Navy Seals. Now that he's back in Lochland he spends a good amount of time with his family, maintaining his exercise routine, catching up with old friends, making new friends, and working at the gun shop where he also teaches gun safety. He isn't shy and loves company. He has been described as a bit of a wild child, so he can be easily baited into doing things he probably shouldn't if it sounds fun at all. Overall, Abel is a very relaxed person who just wants to have a good time and hang out.

So, what, or who, is Abel looking for?

Friends: Whether they are old or new Abel likes most people and is always up for grabbing a drink or a bite to catch up. He dedicates himself to his friendships even more so now than before and though he doesn't take most things seriously he does value friendships

Flings: Abel is super against long term relationships, he is being pressured by his parents to start looking to settle down, and while he has a great respect for his parent's opinions, their heavy handedness on this matter is making him rebel more. However, Abel is all for 'one nighters' or even 'friends with benefits' if the terms are understood by both parties. He will date for short periods of times but as soon as it gets to 'real' he's out.

Enemies: Everyone has enemies and Abel isn't any different. He would probably take every measure possible to avoid anyone he genuinely didn't get along with because while he has a fairly good grasp on his temper a person can only take so much. However, enemies are also good for drama so have at it.

PM
^
Mikko
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:00 AM
Player
Mikko

Abel has one thing in common with my guy Mathias; Their strong fitness routine. Mathias drives Formula One cars as a career, so that requires a strong physical fitness routine. Although he is away a lot, when he is in Lochland he can frequently be seen out doing cardio work (running, cycling, skiing, inline speed skating) and at the gym, quite often with his trainer/physio Emil in tow. It would probably be a good way for them to meet. Mathias would probably quite enjoy being able to train with someone else who can keep up with him.

Mathias is quite friendly, and would genuinely be interested in Abel and his time in the Navy Seals. I can imagine they would find plenty to talk about, and Mathias would be happy to chat about just about anything. Mathias isn't really into guns, but I do imagine he would know how to use one but wouldn't really be into it.

Driving race cars for a living, Mathias would be quite adventurous and highly competitive. He also has a passion for cars, especially if they happen to be Italian or of the Formula One variety.

I think they could get along, anyway let me know if you are interested in anything. His app is here if you want to read more about him.
PM
^
Abel Jensen
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:51 AM
Local
Ry

I could see them being friends. Abel is used to having others to train and exercise with so he would love to have someone on his level with that in Lochland! Maybe even working compitetion into their routines too.

While Abel doesn't race he does have a motorcycle that he loves and he gets a bit show-offy on that. Plus he'd find Mathias' career super interesting!

So, I think we can definitely have something between them :]
PM
^
Mikko
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:23 PM
Player
Mikko

Mathias is highly competitive, and I imagine that healthy competition would be a normal part of his training routine with his trainer, so he would love someone else to pit himself against, especially if he has to work harder. He would have a fantastic time.

I can't imagine Mathias being a motorcycle person, but he does know people who are into them so he would know a fair bit about them, and would be happy to indulge Abel if he wanted to show it off. And Mathias would love talking about his career, because he certainly finds it quite interesting as well.

Would you like a thread? Where do you think would be the best place for them to meet? Maybe running through the park or at the gym? Or somewhere else, maybe Abel is out on his motorcyle and Mathias has one of his Ferrari's out?
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 02:42 PM
Mod
Ry

Awesome! I think they could have a pretty good friendship :]

I'm up for a thread! Honestly, I think having them meet outside of working out would be better and then they could set up working out together because I don't think Abel would interrupt someone else's work out. But having them possibly leaving the gym from a workout and then admiring each other's rides would work if Mathias drives his ferrari casually like that?

--------------------
PM
^
Mikko
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 05:40 PM
Player
Mikko

That sounds perfect. He does sometimes drive his Ferrari's casually so having them admire each other's cars after a work out would be perfect. Do you want to start or shall I?
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 06:03 PM
Mod
Ry

I can, I haven't done a starter thread with Abel yet so I'm up for it! I'll send you a pm when it's up!

--------------------
PM
^
Jamin Harkner
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 02:04 AM
Newcomer
Zyx

Jamin and Abel
Hey just to rehash what we wrote in the chatbox, it might be cool if Abel joined the Knockout Gym and beat Jamin every time they sparred. Then they go to a local bar and get shitfaced and Jamin attacks Abel for a second chance at him only to get beaten again. Of course, not until the section of the bar they're sitting in is destroyed from their wrestling/fighting. Jamin pays the bills for the repair but they're not exactly greatly appreciated when they come in, even if Jamin might pay for drinks for everybody and tip well. jamin probably looks up to Abel being a navy seal and all also.

Jamin and Preston
As I said, I already posted in the open thread Preston has in the forest. It would be interesting to see how Jamin reacts to him. He might try to be intimidating at first, not understanding that he wants to communicate by writing. But then once he understands, he would probably be more understanding.
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 02:18 AM
Mod
Ry

Yes! I was hoping we could get a thread between Abel and Jamin too to see their in thread chemistry, but I think these two will get along great! Jamin might be able to get a good fist fight out of Abel too (He tries not to do that with just anyone because he has a bit of an advantage)

As for Preston! Their interaction will be interesting too, Preston is not a physical person so I'm not sure how he'd react to Jamin but he IS a people person so he'd still try and befriend him!

--------------------
PM
^
Katheryn King
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 12:40 AM
Newcomer
Ivana

I might have here a friend-with-benefits for Abel! smile.gif Katheryn here has just fled from New York and established in Lochland Grove, where she got a job as a nurse at the General Hospital. She is funny, outgoing and fun-loving, and also a talented flirt, so it wouldn't be difficult for these two to start to chat. Also, she hasn't managed yet to find a close friend in this town, so maybe he could be her best friend, only that they also sleep together when they feel like it.
PM
^
Abel Jensen
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 12:59 PM
Local
Ry

Awesome! I think Abel would definitely relate to/understand her bluntness and more casual lifestyle! I could see a lot of drinking and hanging out with them!

So best-friends-with-benefits? Forewarning, he will try to hey her into trouble, lol!
PM
^
Evelyn Turner
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 10:56 PM
Newcomer
Darin

Hey,

So while Evelyn here hasn't been in town longer than a year there's a chance she could have seen him around somewhere or other. If not, than there's a chance they could run into one another.

She's fresh off of the 'cleaning up after a nasty divorce' train, but there's a chance of a fling or possible fwb. Even if that isn't something that happens he seems like someone she could easily get along with, even if he is a wild child.
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 11:14 PM
Mod
Ry

Abel definitely is my wild child! He's always up for friends, with or without benefits, so long as the boundaries are clear. He has been officially back in Lochland for a few months at this point but has likely been back and forth some since Evelyn has arrived since his whole family is here.

But if she's freshly divorced and looking to shake some thing up Abel is a good way to go about it XD That is to say, I
m up for anything!!

--------------------
PM
^
Darin
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 11:33 PM
Player
Darin

Evelyn hasn't jumped back on the relationship wagon yet, so I don't think he'll have too much to worry about there. She'll find her way back onto that wagon eventually once she has her ex-husband completely out of her system.

So I suppose that means that benefits is a definite possibility on the table. As long as he can handle the occasional moment of being unable to hear him depending where he's at or her arm causing her trouble.
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 11:42 PM
Mod
Ry

He wouldn't let that stop him from being with an attractive woman, besides that he has baggage of his own so Abel doesn't judge really... or ask questions so she wouldn't have to worry about him being nosy about her insecurities either.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll