February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Coming Home [M], Tag: Kiefer Carter
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 02:42 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

They could agree to disagree. And of course they would, because Blake wasn’t about to argue. Blake was more willing to share things, and the more connected their lives became, the more it felt necessary. Their differing views could sometimes be a problem, but that wasn’t where their problems were coming from right now. That was mostly planning and money.

Blake was pretty easily pleased, and that was good for them. She’d have been over the moon if he wrote her an actually sweet note, and that cost absolutely nothing. She didn’t even need fed to be satisfied. Well, she did, but not in a romantic sense. Kiefer didn’t seem to care if they joined accounts or pooled money since it was for the same purpose. Her intent on making a savings account had not been for the baby. It was from a while ago, anyway. Still, that was the priority in everything now. Number one. “I’d rather combine them then.” If they broke up… well, then that would be a mess, but Blake hardly anticipated anything like that. And if they were still together, it was easier this way.

Kiefer held Blake which felt nice. And comfortable. It felt secure, which was one of the most important feelings that she was chasing. If she could feel secure through all of this, everything would go smoothly. He said he loved her, and was glad they were doing this together. She smiled. This was really one of the only things where Blake didn’t naturally gravitate toward optimism, but she tried.

I love you too. Bean baby will be adorable.” It was optimistic because she was stating it as if there would definitely be a baby down the line, as opposed to… all the possible negative outcomes. She was going to try to be optimistic. Nothing was gained from her saying negative things. At least not while she wasn’t carrying them around like a stone hanging from her neck. She gave him a squeeze before pulling back some from the hug. She didn’t recall if she’d called the baby bean baby before, but whatever. It made sense in her head. She continued on down her list to gather the appropriate supplies.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual – Cashier at Bob’s - Renter
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 03:12 AM
Local
gustopholous

Kiefer had never explicitly lied to her—well, except for that one time, and he was still unsure why had done it—it was more that he neglected to mention certain unpleasant details. If she knew how much he drank, she would be worried. He hadn't told her about the pills until it naturally arose, and she had hardly spoken to him for two days. He should have just tossed them without mentioning it. He could handle things on his own. Involving her only brought about undue stress. Especially now, with the baby, it was an unnecessary risk. He would have to learn to rely more on himself... At least for the next seven months.
Blake determined that she would rather combine the accounts, and Kiefer agreed without any strong feelings one way of the other. They could add the bank to their list of stops. His credit was shit or he might have considered looking into a loan. For better or worse, they would have to rent until they were slightly more established. He'd been making better decisions lately, but a string of unwise financial decisions beginning with his eighteen birthday would haunt them for the next four years at least. Kiefer wondered if she knew exactly what she had committed to in having a child with him.
He took control of the cart, allowing her to walk beside him unladen. It was simpler to let her be in charge of the selection. He could push without too much extraneous thought. Bean baby will be adorable.
"Bean baby?" he repeated with a reticent smile. Kiefer didn't have to wait for an explanation. "Of course it will be. How could it not with these genetics? I have it on good authority that I was a particularly adorable baby."

--------------------
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week...
How many secrets can you keep?
Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow
When I play it on repeat until I fall asleep.
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 03:21 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake didn’t want Kiefer to be relying on himself for some things. How had that gone in the past several years? He got rid of pills after he told her that he would, not before. In this context, Blake would be legitimately fearful of what he would get up to taking the burden on himself. She didn’t want extra stress, but she also didn’t want to opt out of the giving portion of this relationship. She would do what she could. She didn’t know his credit score, or much about loans. They’d figure it out. Things would be sorted. She knew the man she as getting into bed with, the rest would fall into place.

He asked about the bean baby comment and Blake smiled a bit sheepishly. He didn’t need the explanation, but she quietly gave one anyway. “’Cause… it’s the size of a bean… and the shape… right now.” She liked the nickname well enough. It was a nicer reference than “it” anyway. She pulled things off as they walked, and tolerated her selection of whole milk. Ew. She felt like a kid with vegetables being pushed on her plate. She knew she should, she just didn’t want it. Oh well, she would survive. Ice cream was still good at least, so… she’d be fine.

They agreed that bean baby would be adorable, because it would share their genetics. Blake giggled when Kiefer said that he was an adorable baby. “I wish I could get you a baby picture of me. Or me and Rosie. We were really cute. I feel like someone must have them but… I’m not sure how to get any. Not really important, but I’d like to someday. We have awesome genetics, the baby is very fortunate,” she confirmed with a chuckle.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 03:59 AM
Local
gustopholous

Bean baby certainly painted a cuter, more intimate picture than the genderless pronoun Kiefer had employed, but Blake had had a longer time to be creative with endearments. They certainly were not at a point where they could start thinking about names. For now their child would have to be content with being called an it by at least one of its parents. Kiefer couldn't continue to say Bean Baby with a straight face, even if Blake did make a compelling (and scientifically accurate) case for the nickname.
I wish I could get you a baby picture of me. Or me and Rosie. We were really cute. I feel like someone must have them but… I’m not sure how to get any. Kiefer had an idea of how to get his own, but he was no likelier to do it than she was to discover her own. The optimistic change of subject was a welcome one. Blake's laughter was coming more readily now. We have awesome genetics, the baby is very fortunate. He laced his fingers with hers, using one hand to steer the cart. His mind was still admittedly on the logistics of it.
"I assume you want to have a baby shower. My mom got tons of stuff at hers. For Celia." He had been old enough at that point in time to be jealous of all the toys and attention. The trauma was memorable nineteen years later.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 04:09 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Kiefer didn’t need to adopt Blake’s nickname. She was content that he didn’t tease her about it. She would like to get baby pictures, but it was a pipe dream. She was sure she would end up feeling too icky to know what to do with herself if she were actually in contact with the necessary people. She didn’t dwell on it. Kiefer asked about a baby shower. He assumed that she would want one.

Uh…” his mother got a lot for her shower for Celia. “I didn’t… exactly think about it. Sure, free stuff is helpful… I don’t have that many friends in town… usually girls go to those. I have a few female co-workers, and a couple of girl friends in town… and Vera. I am sure she would love to go just to go. I don’t know who would host it… usually someone besides the pregnant woman does that…” she considered it. “If I have one here, I could have two. Because I bet… when Miranda knows that I am pregnant, she will want to throw one. Carla would drag her aunt into it to get me stuff… Randi is… her parents have a lot of money I think, so she has some bizarrely wealthy friends. They like spending money. I’d probably end up getting stuff from strangers just because Randi felt the need to host it and make mixed drinks.” She chuckled. It was odd but it was really true.

Once they were done gathering the necessities she headed toward checkout with Kiefer. Fortunately they weren’t buying anything at all baby suggestive here. It just seemed like generally healthy food for people who owned a cat.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 08:53 AM
Local
gustopholous

If one baby shower was good for a struggling, young couple then two was even better, and a reboot with various wealthy acquaintances had to be the best imaginable scenario. The mixed drinks would be more beneficial to him than they would be to her, and he wasn't even invited. Maybe it was just an excuse for the others to show. He had to imagine that, if it wasn't your baby, the whole affair had to be decidedly less enthralling. But, then again, girls were strange.
"I bet Vera would be ecstatic to plan one for you here." Blake had some friends and coworkers in town. Kiefer wondered if they might expect a visit from Rosie. He doubted very much that she wanted any of his family on the guest's list. "Sera would want to come, I'm sure." If there was any third party responsible for this, it had to be her. They should probably invite Carrie, too, for good measure. It wouldn't do to leave her out of it after everything they had been through together.
He loaded the items onto the conveyor belt and waited silently near the register for the items to be scanned. Their company temporarily halted conversation, and he wasn't presently in a state of mind capable of small talk. Once the groceries were bagged, he carried them to the car, leaving Blake responsible for the empty cart.
"We can always ask my parents for help if we need it." It wasn't a suggestion as much as a gentle reminder. If worse came to worst, they had a plan B. Hopefully their wealthy friends would come through for them first. "My mom would want to be invited." Fuck she'd want to host the damn thing. It might end up with more of her friends than Blake's, but talk about a windfall.
"This will be her first grandkid." Maybe her only if Celia didn't change her attitude. Blake joked about him not being in charge of the number, but, well... They would see how this went before they made any plans for number two.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 03:33 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Mixed drinks were an excuse for non-pregnant people to act weird and be overly friendly toward someone who couldn’t even drink. It was a weird policy. Or maybe Blake just figured Miranda couldn’t host anything where she didn’t have alcohol. She would really not handle being pregnant very well. She was too skinny and spunky and drank too much. She wouldn’t know what to do with herself.

Blake supposed Rosie might come to town, but not specifically for a baby shower. It was hundreds of dollars just to come visit, just for airfare. If she was going to come for a visit, she would be there for longer, but she would be happy to align that with some sort of baby shower, surely. Alternatively, she could mail Blake something. Sera would want to come. Sure. Blake nodded. If they were having a party so people gave them free stuff, Blake wasn’t going to be picky on the guest list. Well… she was pretty sure she wouldn’t be comfortable dealing with Celia at that point, so there was that. Carrie was a female co-worker, so if Kiefer was so invested in his weird gag that she was actually relevant to their relationship, she’d probably get invited for her employment status anyway.

They didn’t talk while things were actually purchased. Kiefer carried the bags, and Blake put the cart in the corral and headed to her car. It was strange not being the one driving, but she got in the passenger seat. Kiefer mentioned that they could ask his parents for help. Blake didn’t say anything. She was aware of this, she supposed. She could already feel the judgment from certain parties, and she didn’t need to be around that. Still, it was good that there was the option, even if it came with stress. Stress avoidance was a bit less important than being able to eat, if it came to that. Kiefer’s mom would like to be invited. Blake did want multiple kids, but she wasn’t going to try to have any more until things were sorted out with the first one. She’d get some sort of actual contraceptive that wasn’t just expecting them to use condoms every time.

Your mom can come… I’d have the baby before Thanksgiving…” Not that Blake was saying she wanted to drag a baby to his family’s Thanksgiving… but she could. She wondered just how much condescension would come with “this is my son’s baby, and his girlfriend,” or any variant. Regardless of that concern, “Its your family, your mom, you can… I’ll try to be accommodating.” He asked her to tell him what she needed.”I just don’t have the extra energy to deal with being looked down on right now…which doesn’t apply to your mom.Obviously.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 03:37 AM
Local
gustopholous

Since he would not himself be in attendance, Kiefer's motivations for the shower were decidedly more monetary than social. He wanted Blake to enjoy herself, of course (the only stipulation for that seemingly being that his sister not be there; had he mentioned that Blake was ridiculously easy to please?), but he also had to imagine that the ability to provide for their baby was important to her, too.
Since November, he'd managed to save nearly seven thousand dollars. It was not a bad sum... Honestly, it was kind of staggering how it accumulated after so many years of running short. Buying stupid shit all of the time got expensive after a while. Who knew? Most of what he'd cut out was alcohol... and cab fare and drunk purchases which had resulted from the alcohol... and pills and fast food and cigarettes and Americanos and... Whatever, you get the point. He was saving money and being healthier as a consequence.
So, they would have his seven thousand plus Blake's tour earnings. It seemed plenty, but, then again, when you had a child, an empty account was more consequential than: "Whoops, I guess I'll have to wait until next paycheck to buy the neon flamingo sign." Once they had a baby, they could not afford to run short. He would have to be better with his money. Not just now but from now forward.
No one, especially Kiefer, would have guessed that he made a decent income. Every other week seemed to drive him to the brink of poverty. Having an excuse to make smarter decisions was a miracle. The man was lazier than he was incompetent. He could do it if he could just... not be an idiot. Easier said than done.
She agreed to let his mom come. The connection between that and Thanksgiving was not one immediately made, but he nodded as if he understood. I’ll try to be accommodating. I just don’t have the extra energy to deal with being looked down on right now.
"I want her to know," Kiefer told her with a shrug which appeared deceptively indifferent. It wasn't a point on which he would happily compromise. It would mean the rest of his family knowing (Myla had never been much good at secrets), and then it would be out of his hands... There really did not appear to be a choice, though. They couldn't not tell her. "She doesn't have to come to the party, but I want her to be a part of this." He should tell her sooner rather than later regardless of how the others might react.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 03:56 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake didn’t know how much Kiefer made. She knew how much she made. He hadn’t exactly told her his daily or monthly earnings. He had said that he would open a savings account, and he had done what he said. He’d even mentioned it at Thanksgiving, not that it had helped matters any. He had a savings account. He gave up smoking. He owned a fucking business. Nope. Didn’t really matter. It could boggle the mind how determined some people were to just not be pleased.

Blake did not know how much money Kiefer had in the savings account. If she could cover her medical costs and nothing else, Kiefer could continue saving. She would save nothing, and they would get things from baby showers, and he would have a half year to save up even more than he already had. It was certainly not as fi the baby was coming this month. The news was on their doorstep and they were walking through quicksand trying to mentally sort everything out. More so Kiefer was new to the idea, and Blake was just trying to walk along with him and nervously anticipate any problems with him, or problems that he would find on his own. Hopefully she would be able to keep working, and she would not become a burden, and people would actually give them stuff, but… that didn’t take into account every possibility. Like having to find a new place to stay. Realistically, they weren’t doing poorly, but Blake didn’t know that, and Kiefer didn’t feel it enough to tell Blake.

The baby could do without a neon flamingo sign. The baby could do with a room, so if they ended up anywhere with more than one bedroom, that would be ideal. However, Blake wasn’t thinking of luxuries like space. After all, the baby needed to be pretty close to her for a while because they didn’t sleep through the night. So space wasn’t necessary right away. Kiefer said that he wanted “her” to know, assumedly they still meant his mother. That was fine, because Blake had already said she could come to a baby shower, so… she didn’t have an issue.

That’s fine. She is nice. She can come to the party, am not worried about her… more so that was about your sister… How… exactly do you want her to be a part of this? Besides knowing.” Like, what did he think she was going to do.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 02:18 AM
Local
gustopholous

It seemed reasonable for Blake to not have an exact figure for her boyfriend's earnings, especially when Kiefer didn't know what Kiefer made. He could say what he'd brought in on a day to day basis, but the sum of a month or a year were beyond him. The bills were gone too fast to track. Even his taxes were a low estimate. Did anyone count all of their cash tips?
His mother was not the issue. If it hadn't been clear before, Blake spelled it out for him: she didn't want his sister stirring up drama. Kiefer could understand that, though it saddened him to admit it. He did love Celia... She was his sister, even if she was also a bit of a monster sometimes. They'd chosen different ways to react to their upbringing. He couldn't fault her entirely. Both had just done what they thought they had to do.
He knew what it was like to feel disliked, even hated for your compulsions. He knew she regretted her temper, her backbiting, after seeing its effects, but she seemed helpless to stop. The lesson had come too late, and now she seemed fueled by resentment. For herself, for everyone else. Life wasn't what she had been promised, and she was mad as hell.
He pitied her in a lot of ways. Where she had once been frightening, her outbursts now seemed desperate. It didn't excuse anything, and he wouldn't expect his girlfriend to endure it for his sake. Still, he hated to see her being rejected by people he loved, especially someone as forgiving as Blake. It could only make things worse. How… exactly do you want her to be a part of this? Besides knowing.
"She's going to want to do everything," he informed her. "She's going to want to plan the party and be there for the birth and babysit and buy things and cook for us and... everything. That's the way she was for both of us. She is really..." Overbearing seemed harsh. "I don't know how much you want her to do, but I think it will make her happy to think she is helping." A trashcan would be more grateful for her efforts than his father, and she thrived off of positive reinforcement. It was a wonder she hadn't shriveled to nothing in such a barren environment.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 03:22 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake was not good with money, and she got a pretty straight forward paycheck. She was not so good at figuring out anything with the band. Carla was infinitely more responsible. Blake would work on things. If she made more money she’d just pay someone to do her taxes and organize her things. Then maybe show up crying with a pile or receipts asking them to fix it for her. She wasn’t that bad, but she wasn’t in a position to be giving monetary advice.

Whatever Kiefer thought about his sister, she didn’t make a great impression on Blake. They’d interacted twice. The first time had been brief and uncomfortable. The second had been prolonged and… better. Blake didn’t hate the girl. However forgiving Blake could be, Celia was not asking for forgiveness. She was not seeking Blake’s attention. She was not asking if she could come to something. She was a source of additional stress and Blake already knew she wanted to avoid as much stress as possible. If Celia’s participation in this journey were important to Kiefer, he was welcome to express that to Blake. It was unlikely that she would be able to deny him what he wanted. There was a certain burden in being the one going through the changes. growing the child. If Celia wanted to be involved, she could ask. It seemed as unlikely that Celia would want to be involved, to Blake, as it was for Blake to actually want Celia’s involvement. She had not made a terrible impression on Blake, but it still seemed like a stress that she didn’t want to take on.

Kiefer didn’t say anything about his sister though. He responded to Blake’s question. Myla would want to do everything, plan a party, babysit, be at the birth. Uh. “She could visit after the birth… those are usually… uh… intense.” Vulnerable. Blake didn’t have anyone she particularly wanted to be there. There was Kiefer. He’d kind of need to man up and handle it. Blake didn’t have a choice. She did know that it wouldn’t be pleasant. Especially the first time. She was told it got easier, but the first time was rough. It could take like… a day? Two? People had such outrageous timeframes they listed. It was another thing that just seemed really stressful, and even adding Kiefer’s mother sounded too much. She was nice, but Blake didn’t know her. She’d met once. Apparently they would have a lot of time to get to know each other though.

Buy things, cook, everything. She would want to feel like she is helping. “I don’t mind her wanting to be involved… or planning a party. She can help. Isn’t… how involved do you plan to be with her? I mean, I don’t know her, and… you don’t see her much now so…” she fidgeted. “I don’t mind, I just don’t know how much is going to change.” She had nothing against the woman, but it was a daunting thought. Handing over her future child, their future child, to a woman who, besides her familial ties, amounted to a very pleasant stranger to Blake right now. “I probably prefer knowing the people that are involved, or at least having you be as involved since… you know her.Are we literally going to have a relationship with her via the pregnancy and baby and nothing else?

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 11:33 AM
Local
gustopholous

Each of them had had their mistrials at adulthood. Kiefer had learned more from Kaleb than he had from his parents... not for his parents' lack of trying, of course. By the end, though, he might well have destroyed himself just to spite them.
His roommate had celebrated limited success. Kiefer had a way of making the people around him content with the bare minimum. His bills were paid by divine intervention (Kaleb's intervention), and that was enough. His roommate received a bulk amount at the beginning of the month and allotted this out as he saw fit. What was left, Kiefer could spend as he pleased. This system had worked for a number of years, but now it would have to change.
If ever they were to purchase a house of their own, he would have to learn how to budget without his friend's help. It was a day he had dreaded long before Blake's arrival. Both of them knew their situation could not last indefinitely, even if one of them was more than content to pretend that it could. It was the way Kiefer lived his life... Live it how you wanted until you no longer could.
Blake was wary of his suggestion, though she agreed in part. She could visit after the birth… those are usually… uh… intense. Kiefer laughed in spite of himself.
"Yeah, I think she knows. She's had a couple herself." It wasn't his mom she was trying to protect, though. For the same reason that his girlfriend was reluctant to have Myla, Kiefer was hopeful that she would be there. It was going to be fucking traumatic. He honestly didn't know how he would react. At the very least, if he passed out in a corner somewhere, his mom would be there to make sure that Blake wasn't alone. She could remind both of them to breathe. It wasn't a matter he was going to push, though. Not now.
Her question was repeated in a roundabout manner, and Kiefer supposed he hadn't answered it in a manner that she deemed sufficient. How involved do you want her to be? He sighed.
"I don't know." He didn't know about anything. She had experience. He would take what help he could get. "I guess I was going to wait and see what we needed... what she offered." If her entire goal was to minimize stress, that would have to do it. As a twenty-five year old man, he didn't like admitting that he needed his mother, but he did. They both did. Family wise, both of them were kind of alone in this. I probably prefer knowing the people that are involved, or at least having you be as involved since… you know her.
"Of course, I am going to be involved," he insisted, furrowing his brow. What exactly was it that she was insinuating? "I think it will be good for everyone." It was a thought which didn't allow much room for debate. She may not agree, but she would have to trust him. Kiefer didn't think he was asking much. He parked the car and made his way toward the trunk.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 11:55 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

If Kiefer wanted his mother to play support, Blake was going to have to actually feel like she knew the woman. This was not a situation which seemed especially likely in Blake’s mind, considering the track record she knew of now. He had time to change her perception, but she wasn’t trying to go wandering off to have lunch with his mother on her own or anything of that nature.

Budgeting wasn’t ideal, and having enough money to pay someone to new screw you over with the money they knew you didn’t understand, was also not a situation most people found themselves in. For now though, at least Blake had lived on her own for years. She’d been living with Kiefer only briefly. She could handle paying rent and all of that without a problem. House payments were… probably much more complicated, not that she would know.

Blake told Kiefer that giving birth was intense and he laughed. Well, they were. He said that his mother had had a couple of… births, kids, whichever. Yeah, she did. She was still a stranger to Blake though, and that was more of an issue than her competence. Her competence, while reasonably unknown to Blake, was not being called into question by the young woman.

Kiefer didn’t know how involved his mother was going to be, he would just wait it out and see. Blake gave a small nod. Yeah, that seemed fair at the moment. It was February. They had until September. It wasn’t something they should put off, but it was also kind of something that… well, they needed to do over time. He gave her a look when she said she wanted him to be involved. She wasn’t sure if she said something wrong or he just misunderstood. “I just mean involved with her… I don’t know. It just… I don’t know what you are thinking about everything, and I don’t know her enough to want to do anything with her without you. And that’s kind already an assumption for baby shower stuff so… starting out a bit more anxious.” She sighed. They were back at the house at least.

Blake got out and went to help him carry things in from the trunk. “Do you want to watch something? I just got home and… we don’t exactly have to figure everything out right now anyway…” she would like to relax a bit, especially since she had all of this to try to digest.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 01:47 AM
Local
gustopholous

Carrying a majority of the groceries, while it was intended to spare Blake any extra burden, had the added benefit of putting an at least temporary halt to the conversation. He shuffled the plastic sacks within his grasp and pretended to be in a hurry to be rid of them. They weren't all that heavy, but he was done with this conversation.
It was amazing how quickly things went from cute to frustrating in a partner when you were forced to face them directly. Sliding the handles up his arm, Kiefer managed to maneuver the keys from his pocket and unlocked the front door before returning them. Just over an hour had passed since their departure for the store. Kaleb might be home soon for lunch, but presently the house was vacant.
Was it timidity that prevented Blake from wanting anything to do with his mother absent his intervening presence? He had a hard time believing it, though no other explanation presented itself. They had met; they were on pleasant terms. Myla was by far the most agreeable person in his family. How could having her at the baby shower be that intimidating? There would be like... a dozen people there. Even such mild resistance from her irked him. His mom should be as involved as she wanted to be... and they should be grateful for her help. The hesitation made no sense to him. Did she think she was better than his family?
He loaded the bags onto the counter and sorted through their contents as he thought. Blake was right: they didn't need to decide all of this today, but he couldn't help feeling vaguely affronted at having to convince her of something which should have come naturally. He wouldn't have questioned her for wanting her relatives' aid, and he hadn't even met them. They didn't seem the most savory of characters either.
It would be more of a struggle than she realized for him not to tell anyone such life altering news. At least he would have Sera's input tomorrow. She had been exposed to way too much of his personal drama. It was fortunate that she was patient. Blake asked him what he wanted to do, and he shrugged, somewhat impatiently.
"I don't think I could focus on a movie right now," was the candid dismissal. What he would have wanted to do seemed less appealing under present circumstances. He'd imagined they would have spent the first few days following her return in bed together. Now the idea made him nervous. Fuck. He was just nervous in general. Kiefer tossed the bags into the trash as he unpacked them. "I guess we can turn something on." He didn't have any other suggestions.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 08:55 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Did Kiefer think that relationships between good people were a given? Or that there was no pressure on Blake to be likeable and liked by his mother? Did he think that she was actually in a good state of mine because she was forcing a level of calm? Whatever Kiefer thought, Blake was not privy to any of it. They had ceased speaking on the topic, and Blake allowed him to get inside the house before she even bothered to get her car keys back from him. She took things into the bedroom and stashed away anything that looked incriminatingly… maternal.

Yes, Blake’s family was not what even she would have called savory. It would have helped no one for Kiefer to express that, but Blake wouldn’t have felt any need to argue. Of course they were unsavory, and there was a reason she hadn’t gone looking for any of them. If they did come back into her life, the last time she would want to try to make any sort of reconciliation with them was while she was pregnant. She did not want to try to build bridges and be put under scrutiny while she was simultaneously vulnerable, fragile, and struggling to avoid any extra stressors. Kiefer might think of his mother as a saint, but to Blake, she was a stranger. Even a saint like stranger would put the pressure on Blake of feeling she was not good enough. Of feeling exposed. The issue was hardly that Blake thought she was better than his family, but seeing as she was content with only needing his approval and not alienating them she usually didn’t feel pressured. She wouldn’t feel pressured unless Kiefer made it clear that it was apparently her responsibility to allow them into what he considered a much more public affair than she did.

It was day one for Kiefer, and it was still pretty early on for Blake as well. She wanted to do something restful. Something relaxing. She hardly cared what. The motivation to make Kiefer happy was not overpowering enough for her to seek out any other options where he failed to present them. He couldn’t focus on a movie. That was fine. She’d watch the news for all she cared, if she got to sit with him and not have to stress over ever future detail of their pre-parental lives.

I guess we can turn something on.

That sounds good. I don’t care what we watch. I can just flip around,” she offered. She went and got something to drink and went back to the living room. He seemed a bit checked out, but that probably made sense. Right? It was a lot for both of them. That was why she wanted to watch something. To not be overwhelmed for the moment. If he had no complaints, she would just go until she found something at all entertaining. She also got a blanket to hide under for comfort purposes, and because it was February.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Add Reply