September 2016 Featured RPG
October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

Something tasty this way comes. Enjoy the food Festival with the family, take the kids to the Kids Corner, or flash your Legal ID and enjoy drinking responsible at the Beer Festival.

Did you hear about the fight in front of August Whitmore?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Food & Beer Festival

So many foods, so little time. Enjoy stomach-filling activities with the kids or bring your ID for a Beer sampling adventure!

St Patrick's Day Bar Crawl

A Camp Ground, Big Tents, Irish Entertainment, and Alcohol? Party!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 17th
We need your help! Click Here

April 16th
Little Halloween is coming. We want your input

April 14th
A Food and Beer Festival? Where?

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

It's My Life, Tag: Seraphim Drake
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 09:25 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Seraphim did not tell anyone else how to live their life. She was just making sure to live her own life properly. Proper to her own opinions. Some people lived in ways that would kill Seraphim, but they were happy, so she wasn’t going to complain. Jaina seemed happy, but run down. That was where Seraphim’s concern came in. She didn’t want a friend, a co-worker, or a fellow parent to burn out. She knew that if she was so burned out she was losing her cool at work, a good day to sleep was in order. Even if it was a day that she had Lainey home from day care. Just like she wouldn’t take Lainey to knitting class if Seraphim was sick, she wouldn’t try to keep running with no fuel in her brain. It wasn’t parenting on full, and no one deserved to have to try to maintain that.

When Sera came in to see Jaina on her break, Jaina said that she was doing alright. Coffee helped. Seraphim took a moment to chuckle, “Well, then its doing its job.

Then came the question. How did Sera do it? Well… sleep. Three jobs. “Those are some heavy jobs… I guess it helps that Lainey isn’t a year old yet. And the problem with having all those jobs is that… only one comes with a schedule, and pays you. The others are just all the time, and you pay them. Probably… as far as how I do anything…” she took a seat across from Jaina to give her Seraphim’s full attention, even if she didn’t have long. “It helps that I don’t do much for myself. What I do, I do with her, and she’s not picky, so I can get everything done. She sleeps through the night, I don’t have to work more hours than I want to work. So I don’t take extra shifts, or doubles, or work when I can’t have someone watching Lainey. Of course… who would leave their kid at home? Undoable, but… sleep. I feel like I don’t have too much in my life, but my time is full, so I think its just… not doing anything if I don’t have to, or it doesn’t fit in the day.” It did help that she could ask Cooper for help if need be, but she’d never even let him watch Lainey on his own yet, so she didn’t ask him for much.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 07:37 PM
Stranger
Knightshade

Jaina nodded about the coffee doing its job. Coffee was indeed a blessing, but she really hoped she didn't get an addiction to it. True, it was a mild addiction compared to some, but she had seen in her younger days just want an addiction can do to someone. It was a never a pretty sight, regardless of how mild the substance was. She did not want to be hooked on anything for her or Bowie's sake.

"I probably need to cut back though, maybe try some of those natural supplements," she said. Or maybe get some sleep? She felt a bit embarrassed that she was ignoring the best cure to fatigue.

Seras then spoke of how she handled things. Jaina felt she had a lot of good points. There were the things Jaina had to do of course... cleaning the apartment, paying the bills, and so on. However, there were things that Jaina could take into moderation. She often choose exercise instead of sleep in her spare time, but she got plenty in taking Bowie out to play. A number of ideas hit her from there. She smiled at Sera.

"Thank you," she said. "I'll keep all this in mind. I might just look over my daily schedule and see what isn't completely necessary. I mean, right now I'm all about spending time with my son. He'll grow up and have a life of his own before I know. I need this precious few years with him."
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 08:31 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

There were always things that mothers had to do. Any parent, and any adult, had a list of things that they needed to take care of. Unless they had a butler, chef, and or a maid service, there were only so many things that could be left unattended. Seraphim found that certain responsibilities took time, and others took a rather negligible amount of time. She had never, for example, had to set time aside to clean her apartment. She took Lainey to do laundry, but that was pretty relaxing, just waiting on the machines. It took maybe twenty minutes to fold and put everything away. Dishes were done immediately after. She did vacuum, and wipe things done, but it was not regularly part of her schedule, so she didn’t think of how much time it took on a regular basis.

Jaina’s schedule was a mystery to Seraphim, but the younger woman only listed spending time with her son as her priority. Of course it would be a priority, but since that was all Seraphim had to go off, she responded to that, before taking out a piece of gum from her apron and chewing on it. “Oh, I understand. Lainey’s still in her first year and… I want to teach her everything, but when she learns it… she’s already progressed past other things that I’ll never get back. So I understand. My only… sidenote, I suppose, on that would be to make sure the time is quality, not just quantity. I’m sure it is, but.. its going to be harder to have good quality time if you’re worn thin. So take care of yourself too.” She could see a loving mother, young as she was, ignoring her own needs every time she had the chance to fill someone else’s.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim Drake
PM
^
Jaina Carter
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 08:38 PM
Stranger
Knightshade

Sera made a really good point about making the time quality over quantity. Then again, every moment she spent with Bowie was beautiful. Even when Bowie could be a bit fussy, as kids were in what was known as the "terrible twos", Jania loved being around him. She wouldn't trade any moment, good or bad, for anything in the world.

"I'm really looking forward to taking him to Disney World soon," she said with a smile. "I've been saving for that trip practically since he was born. We now have enough for a really nice vacation. I'm just glad the off-season in Orlando is much cheaper."

Jaina then looked at the clock and finished her coffee.

"Thank you for the talk, Sera," she said. "I really do appreciate your advice. You're a good friend." Jaina knew that in some cases, it was a bit foolish to call a co-worker a friend just because one got along with their co-workers while on the job. Still, she did consider Sera a friend. She was a good person, and someone Jaina would probably hang out with outside of work if Sera ever wanted to.

Jaina gave her cup and saucer to the dishwasher and then returned to the remainder of her shift, hoping it would be without additional drama.
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 12:01 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

It was surprising to think that Jaina was preparing for a vacation while wearing herself into the ground. Vacations were good for excitement or rest, but not often both. Disney World. Sera resisted trying to figure out the budget for that, or how much a person might shorten their life or sacrifice their health working themselves into the ground to afford vacations. She tended to opt for the “Vacation through time off” thing. Seraphim hadn’t gone on vacation since her parents were alive, but Jaina seemed to have her priorities, and Sera wasn’t going to insist they agree on them.

Jaina thanked Seraphim for the advice, and Sera smiled, “Not a problem. I just worry when you seem so worn out. The rest of the shift should be easier though.” And when work was done, hopefully it would not get harder for Jaina. Kids could sometimes make the working hours a bit of a vacation from work, especially if they were unruly. She hadn’t heard about Bowie being any sort of terror, really, but kids were still kids. Seraphim never faulted Lainey for the times she kept Sera up, or stressed her out, but that didn’t make it calming.

Seraphim glanced at the time as well and put her cup in the wrapper before putting it in her pocket. She would throw it out or chew it again later. She wasn’t even on a break, just stepping in to talk. She took a deep breath and headed back to check in with the other waitress before tending to her tables. It had only been a few minutes, so no one seemed to really notice her absence. It did mess with her mind a bit to have stepped away at all, but she did feel better. She didn’t really feel like she’d helped, but she felt like she did her best. She dealt in intentions, sometimes more than results. It wasn’t the best, but it was easier to control.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll