February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Raise The Dead, Michelle Cordero
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 09:59 PM
Local
shade

When Zoey found out about this interesting little party, her geekiness when into overload. A party in a house that could actually be haunted? Hell yeah, she was all about that. She had to muster a costume up, and ended up doing a pretty good Isabelle Lightwood from the Shadowhunters series. It was a bit tough getting the Runes drawn on her arms, but she did have some materials to pull off an impressive Stele and "Electrum Whip". She was set for the party, but she did wonder if she would run into any friends there. Any party sucks without socializing. Then again, there would probably be a lot of booze Just in case, she brought her Slytherin flask, which was filled with Fireball.

The party seemed to be pretty happening when she walked in. People were rocking on the ballroom floor and there were plenty of drinks available. She took a swig from her flask and headed in. She figured she'd end up crashing at the place and enjoying the advertised breakfast in the morning... if she felt like eating. She never passed out at a "haunted house" before, so this would definitely be a new experience for the books.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 11:16 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Evening

Michelle hadn't even been planning on going to the Halloween party at the mansion this year. With so much going on in her life the last few months, she just hadn't been in the mood. Atypical for her, the thought of being in a crowded ballroom, music pumping, vivid colors from all the costumes had been less than desirable. She had actually been looking forward to a quiet night at home with Marlin, perhaps catching up on some household tasks that been pushed aside in favor of other chores during her free weekends. Because even if she wanted to avoid the chaos, she would not be able to completely sit still.

However, just a couple days prior, she had been in town, shopping for groceries, going to the bank, other odds and ends to keep her life running smoothly. And she had walked past the Halloween store that had popped up to serve everyone's needs for this time of year. Then she had walked back. Stared up into the sky for a few moments, deciding. Michelle had gone to the party at the mansion every Halloween since she had moved to Lochland Grove; did she really want to break with tradition so soon, just because she was feeling... off? Maybe getting lost in a crowd was actually what she needed to forget her troubles. Plus, alcohol, lots of alcohol.

So she had headed inside to find a costume to wear. And because it was so close to the holiday, the pickings were slim. Disregarding all the 'sexy' costumes--Michelle had no problem slowing some skin but she was just not in the right state of mind this year for that--one of the few still left in her size had been an Egyptian number. She supposed it was supposed to be someone's idea of Cleopatra. Not exactly her first choice, or her tenth, for that matter, but it would have to do. Michelle paid for her selection and then continued on with the rest of her errands.

When the anticipated night finally arrived, she headed home early from work and got herself ready. The costume was mostly just a long white dress with a golden neck piece and belted sash around the waist. There was a bit of a cape as well, and it had come with a wig and attached crown tiara to finish off the ensemble. Michelle wasn't one for wigs either but hey, when in Rome... or Cairo, actually. She had even managed to get her makeup right, going with some heavy eye liner at the corners. Slipping on some old gladiator-type sandals she had bought years ago, she was all set to go.

Parking was already at a premium by the time she arrived in her Jeep. And she could hear the music when still a distance from the door as she started to walk up slowly. Even up until the moment before she left, she had been talking herself out of going. This and that argument. But now that she was here, she was glad she had forced herself. Though not completely relaxed, she was feeling some of her nerves softening with every step closer. However, once inside, she pointed herself in the direction of the bar and set off like an arrow towards its target.

(((Jumping in!)))

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 02:28 PM
Local
shade

Zoey looked about at the costumes. There was some cool stuff. She felt she did pretty well with her costume. After all, not many people costumed characters from the Shadowhunter series... though she felt they should. On her way to the bar, Zoey got her phone out and got a few people to take selfies with her. She loved taking those at any events where there were costumes, be it a party or a convention. Once that was done, she made her way to the bar.

"One Angry Balls if you please, good sir," she said to the bartender. Angry Balls was a cocktail with Fireball cinnamon whiskey and Angry Orchard hard cider. It had recently become a new favorite of hers. She took the drink and took a big sip before she turned to see the other girl at the bar. Zoey really dug it when people did historical costumes. She particularly thought Egyptian costumes were cool. She was a fan of the classic Cleopatra film with Liz Taylor.

"Nice costume," she said. "You mind if I get a selfie with you?" Zoey knew she probably sounded like a total fangirl, but she didn't really care. She was there to have fun after all.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 10:32 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Normally Michelle's drink of choice was wine, red wine. But that felt a bit too soft for what she was in the mood for at the moment. So she looked over the drinks list, scanning the special cocktails created for the party. Various creations with Halloween-like names. She didn't even bother scanning the ingredients, just the names. Once she had the attention of the bartender, "I'll try the Vampire's Breath." Michelle liked a bit of adventure in her life, and going for a mystery cocktail was fairly low risk in comparison to other things she'd done.

As she waited for the costumed man to create her cocktail, she turned around and found herself people watching. Partly to pass the brief time, partly so she didn't see what went into the glass. Tapped her sandaled foot along with the music. Looked around for any of her friends that had also decided to attend. She was pretty sure some had asked her, but since she originally hadn't been planning on going, hadn't committed the details to memory. Now, though, she scanned around the crowd for familiar faces.

Then she heard a voice next to her. Michelle glanced over at the woman who had spoken. Didn't recognize her costume. Guessed maybe some sort of modern sexy vampire. Recent pop culture wasn't really her thing. Then it took her a second longer to process that the other woman was asking for a selfie. It wasn't a request she got all that often, to be honest. However, she was happy to acquiesce. Why not? What was the harm, after all? "No, I don't mind. Let's do it." She smiled and then stepped up closer to the other woman while she got out her phone.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 10:48 PM
Local
shade

Zoey beamed just a bit at getting the selfie. She was going to have a collection of those by the end of the night, she just knew it. They would probably get more and more interesting too, given how drunk she planned to get. She stepped over and took the photo, giving her craziest party grin. She then took her drink and raised her glass to the other girl.

"To sacrificing ourselves to the party gods," she said before taking a sip. "Name's Zoey by the way. You just dropping by the party or are you planning on staying?" Some people wouldn't have been rude to ask this of a stranger, but Zoey wasn't some people. She saw a gorgeous girl in front of her, and she was curious, damn it.

While she spoke to the other woman, two huge guys who looked about nineteen walked over. They were both dressed as skeletons and looked like the bullies from The Karate Kid. They ordered some beers, and smiled at the ladies.

"Hey, you sexy things, how about we buy you a few drinks and see where the night takes us?" asked one. Great... the place apparently drew not only ghosts, but dumbasses who couldn't keep it in their pants.

PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 04:13 PM
Newcomer
Mara

After the photo had been snapped, she turned back around to the bar to retrieve her Halloween cocktail that had just been poured. On her list of adventurous and risky things, taking a selfie with a stranger would rank fairly low. But it did qualify as something Michelle hadn't ever done before--not in her recollection--and she was always up to trying new things. No matter the difficulty scale. Even something as simple as this. If anything it had gotten her mind off her life for a few minutes.

The glass was halfway to her lips when she noticed the other woman wasn't done with her yet. She hadn't simply been a part of the other's Halloween party scrapbook like she originally had thought. Instead of moving on to collect other selfies of interesting costumes, she was raising her own drink to Michelle in a toast. And so she found herself lifting hers as well. After all, she hadn't spotted any of her friends yet, and she so very much disliked drinking alone. Or being alone doing anything, for that matter.

She finally got to taste the Vampire's Breath then. It went down pretty smooth but then there was a bit of a burning sensation in her insides. "Michelle," she returned, a little breathily, holding back a cough. The cocktail was a bit more than she was expecting. But at the same time, she did enjoy it, even if had a bit more of a kick than her usual glass of red wine. Clearing her throat, "Oh, I'll probably hang out for a couple hours. I--"

Michelle was interrupted then by a couple muscle-bound young men. Quite young, though it was hard to tell with their costumes; she wondered if they were legal to drink. An idle thought from a doctor who had seen too much tragedy come through her emergency department doors over the years. But she shook off the thought and instead focused on the fact that they were attempting to pick them up. She couldn't speak for Zoey, but Michelle knew she was really not in the mood. Not to mention she was possibly almost twice their age.

"How about instead I just call your mothers to take you home? Isn't past your bed-time?" Michelle asked with narrowed eyes. "And if you put those beers back down, I just might decide not to call the cops." One of her best friends worked for the police department in town, and she was not above pulling a few strings. These young punks had not caught her on one of her better nights, and she was not about to take any crap from anyone right now. Even if it meant shutting down the whole party for these two delinquents.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 02:40 PM
Local
shade

Zoey smiled when the woman introduced herself as well.

"Michelle... always liked that name," she said. She did. She had a friend in high school by that named, and Zoey remembered singing the famous Beatles song with the name in it to her, and Michelle trying to make up a song for Zoey that rhymed horribly but was hilarious all the same. She then shrugged when Michelle said she'd just be there for a couple of hours.

"I was going to do that too, but I like the thrill of staying over in haunted house," she said. "I guess just to say I did it and all. I'll probably be too drunk to remember it by the end of the night."

When the guys saw they were getting nowhere with Michelle, one of them walked over to Zoey and started saying some derogatory remarks regarding Zoey's race, probably assuming they were compliments.

"So she tells you off, and you try to charm me with the whole racist 'hot Asian' bullshit?" she said. "Piss off, dude."

"Or what, you'll do karate on me?" laughed one of the guys.

"There we go again with the racism," said Zoey. "Actually, I don't know karate, but I do know how to deliver a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking and I will not hesitate to end you if you touch me."

"You won't..." began the guy.

"Try me, you little bitch." said Zoey, her voice cold. The guys then finally turned and walked off.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 10:49 PM
Newcomer
Mara

The hormonal teenage idiots hadn't gotten the hint. Instead of leaving them alone after her comments, they just focused in on Zoey. Michelle was not used to being brushed off so easily, and she was feeling her ire rising. Especially because of what she was hearing coming from their filthy mouths regarding the younger woman. Costume or no costume, she was prepared to do whatever it took. And right now that was not going to be pulling out her phone and getting a hold of the cops. At least not right away...

However, Zoey seemed to be handling herself so far, and so Michelle held off for the time being. There was nothing worse than stepping over someone else's toes in a situation like this. So instead she stood there, quietly fuming. Ready to step in if need be. If the guys got angry and wanted to resort to violence instead of ill-suited barbs from a couple drunken morons. A grin spread across her face as the other woman threatened a fight, and Michelle was considered how best to accomplish that in her Egyptian getup when the duo finally gave up and went for more pliable targets.

"Nice work," approving of Zoey's spirit. It wasn't often she ran into someone like her, man or woman. Though not necessarily weak, a lot of her friends could be pushovers at times, depending on the situation. She wasn't sure many of them would have stood up to those bullies like Zoey had. "For the record, I'm pretty good at kickboxing. It's not karate, but..." she winked. "It would have done the job."

Still feeling a bit jittery from the rush of adrenaline at the prospect of a good old-fashioned beat-down that never was, Michelle went for her drink again. And again felt the dual sensations of delicious burning as it went down. Hoping it would calm her down and help aid the flushing out of her own hormones. Clearing her throat, "So you were saying you were going to stay the night? I like a good thrill as much as anyone, but that's not for me."

--------------------
PM
^
Zoey Tam
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 05:16 PM
Local
shade

Zoey was glad the guys left. She wasn't afraid of them. She would kick their asses all over the place if she had to. She was just having fun, and didn't want anything to ruin that. The drinks were good, the atmosphere was nice and scary, and she was chatting it up with a gorgeous girl in a sexy Egyptian outfit. Nothing needed to spoil that.

She smiled when Michelle spoke of what she knew how to do.

"Well, I took your run of the mill self-defense class some time ago," she said. "I know how to punch'em around, and kick them in the balls if necessary. That's cool though that you know how to kick box. I would have loved to have seen you in action, to be honest, but I knew those two idiots were going to go chicken shit. They just looked like they would, you know?"

When Michelle said it wasn't for her to stay the night, Zoey wondered if it was really worth her time to stay the whole night. She then had an idea.

"Well hey, if you're not staying, you want to drop by some place and get some food on the way home?" she asked. "I mean, no pressure or anything. Just figured a good burger and some good convo would beat drinking until I wished I hadn't." Zoey realized she had JUST met this woman, but Zoey was all about being social and making friends, so why not ask? Michelle seemed cool after all.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 11:44 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Michelle nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I think they were just full of hot air. Looking for pushovers. And when we pushed back, well..." She had met a few guys like that in the past, and had to set things straight that she was no easy target. Never having to resort to actual violence, though she would have if it had come to that. Her kickboxing classes were more for stress relief and exercise, but she felt fairly comfortable that it would translate to a version of self-defense if used properly.

After she mentioned it wasn't her intention to stay the night, she thought something shift in Zoey's face. Disappointment, perhaps? And then she realized she had taken Michelle's words not in the way she had meant them. "Well, I normally would not want to turn down such an offer for a nice greasy burger. But I will probably just hang here for a few more hours, then head home. I have an early morning." She smiled.

"If you want to stay, you should definitely do it. These parties are definitely a blast." She reached for another sip of her drink and glanced around the ballroom a bit before returning her gaze back to Zoey. "I mean, I don't believe in ghosts or anything, so staying overnight wouldn't really be all that thrilling to me. Just like being at your run-of-the-mill bed-n-breakfast or something." A shrug. "Some people have claimed to hear and see things, but... I think it's just the alcohol and atmosphere playing tricks with their minds."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply