February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Just Another Day, Pierre Bauer
Raidon Gibbs
 Posted: May 19 2018, 10:39 AM
Newcomer
Dagoo

It was one am when the call came in… an apartment fire on the outskirts of the city. A two alarm call which was not good. It meant the fire was big and not going well. The call would mean there would be: eight engine, five ladders, five battalion chiefs, one rescue, one squad, a deputy chief, aRAC unit, a satellite, safety battalion, SOC battalion, a tactical support unit, field comm, field comm battalion, and a communications unit. A lot of men on the ground…

By the time their unit arrived, the fire had spread to a second building that was right next door. The moment he was out of his suv, he was running over to the other chief there and was getting the run down before giving out orders to his men. This was one of the times Radion missed being able to head into the battle. But that soon would change when the roof gave away one of the buildings trapping one of the three men teams inside. There wasn’t a second thought, he went in to help out with the rescue once the area was secure enough to be searched.

They were able to recover the team, everyone was still alive. By the time the sun came up the fire was under control that they could start to send units back to the station. Raid's station was the last to leave when a fresh station from the next town over came in to relieve them. It was close to nine am when his suv followed an engine into the bays. In all the excitement of the night, he forgot that there was an open house for the community going on today.

There were game stations being set up and food being cooked on the smoker and grill were just some of the activities going on. He was dirty, tired and his body was screaming at him. He was walking with a slight limp from his old injury. As he was walking away from the suv, he was unwrapping the used bandages from his hand. He had sliced the palm of his hand during the rescue. At the point, the fire had claimed two lives out of the thirty families living in the apartment building. The fire fighters trapped we’re being treated.

A long night that was turning into a long day. He enjoy community events like this but he was tired, hungry and hurting. But he needed to clean up and deal with the crowd coming soon. It was all part of his job as the chief. He was good at being a public figure and being the smiling friendly face…

After a shower, a pair of clean clothes and fresh bandages on his injured hand Raid found himself laying out in the grass trying to catch a nap while everyone around was working to get the carnival up and running.
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 12:19 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Like many children, Pierre had briefly entertained the idea of becoming a firefighter when he was a child. Although for him, it had been a rather brief affair, not something that interested him enough to look into doing it as a career. Frankly, the idea of running into a burning building, even if it was to save people or the property, scared the hell out of him.

Even if he had wanted to, his breathing condition prevented him from doing so. It was one of those things that would be quite hard physically, and he just couldn't handle it. Sooner rather than later he would have collapsed, most likely from oxygen deprivation because he hadn't been breathing well enough. And if he pushed himself to hard, he ended up sick. Pneumonia especially, he had more cases of that than he cared to, even if using a diaphragm pacer at night greatly reduced the number of cases.

Today he didn't have any great plans. He wasn't working and didn't have any errands to run, so it was a nice, relaxed day. But he had seen the notice for the community open day for the local fire station, and decided that it might be interested to pop buy and have a look, see what it was about.

He hadn't been to anything like that before, so he wasn't quite sure what to expect. He was probably a little early, but when he walked over there was plenty of activity and people around.

Attention focused on what was happening at the station, he didn't notice the person lying on the grass until he was almost on top of him and almost stepped on him, avoiding him at the last moment.

"Busy night?" He spoke, all the while feeling a little bad for disturbing the man's nap.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Pierre Bauer | 30 | Physiotherapist | From Switzerland
PM
^
Raidon Gibbs
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 03:17 PM
Newcomer
Dagoo

Why did he become a fire fighter in the first place? These days Raid couldn’t really remember. An eighteen year old thinking nothing could touch him, that he could not die… Not after surviving a plane crash that left him stranded in the middle of the Alaskan wild for a few years. A longing for a family that he never had, a chance to be someone’s hero, a calling for a higher duty? Maybe it was one of those things or a mixture of them.

A little over twenty years later, he was now the king of the court so to speak. But the rise to the top wasn’t without costs. A partner and lover lost in his arms, his body feels sluggish most days due to old injuries. It was a young man’s career he was struggling to keep up at times. But there had been no thoughts of turning his retirement in yet. This crew needed him, he had become like a father figure to many.

Raid didn’t realize he had dozed off until he had almost been stepped upon. Slowly his hazel green eyes opened to see the younger dark blonde hair male there above him. A hand came up and rubbed at his eyes for a moment before moving to setup.”One could say that but it doesn’t even begin to cover it. Don’t let that bother you though.” His Norwegian accent always seemed out of place and he didn’t even bother to try and hide it anymore.

As he glanced around, he wondered how long he had been out for as things seemed to be in full swing and he could smell the food on the grill cooking away. Even the briskets in the smoker we’re smelling amazing. His stomach gave a faint rumble and he felt slightly embarrassed by it. But did his best to pass the it off. ”I’m Chief Gibbs and if there is anything I can help you with, don’t be afraid to ask.” slowly he stood and took another look around, wondering how things were going.
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 01:32 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Pierre felt bad for almost stepping on the man lying on the grass; He should have been paying more attention to where he was going. Especially if the other man, presumably a firefighter, had a busy night fighting a fire. It was the sort of thing that would no doubt be incredibly hard work. Or, it sounded like hard work to Pierre, who had only looked at what firefighters did from the outside.

He was a little surprised to hear the other man's accent; Norwegian, he recognized it. Clear as day to him at least, he had heard the accent plenty of times before. His own accent wasn't American either; His Swiss accent stood out just as much as the other man's Norwegian one. It made Pierre wonder what brought him here, but he wasn't going to ask right now, if ever.

"I'm still sorry for disturbing you, I can only imagine how hard the job must get. Like many children I thought about being a firefighter, but even if I was one of those few people who could run into a burning building I have a medical condition which would prevent me from doing so." His medical condition wasn't visible at all in any way or even one that most people had hard of, and that included medical professionals. Physically he knew that he could handle the work, if it wasn't for his breathing condition which meant trying to do so would only end up with him collapsing because of oxygen deprivation.

There was food that was smelling good, and Pierre thought that he might have to take a closer look and try some of it.

Pierre didn't realize that the man in front of him was in fact the chief. He didn't look like the sort of chief fire officer that he imagined, but then he didn't really know what to imagine. "Thank you Chief Gibbs, I'm Pierre Bauer. I honestly just thought I would come down and have a look, i'm afraid I don't know much about firefighters in general, let alone American ones."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Raidon Gibbs
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 07:21 PM
Newcomer
Dagoo

It would not be the first time he had been stepped on in many sense of the word. But Raid was easy going, charming and knew how to handle people rather well. If he had been stepped on, he would have easily made the other male feel better in the end about it. That didn’t happened and he was thankful for it. The night’s long call left him feeling sore and laying there brought a bit of ease to his old body. Not that he looked or even acted his age most of the time. Lately he had taken to wearing a light beard, a tiny bit heavier than a five o clock shadow which gave him a bit of age.

The Swedish accent took him by surprise and took him back a bit. It was not often that he heard an accent from that part of the world. Even though Norway wasn’t much of a home for him, it was a bit of comfort hearing something familiar. He had been raised by nannies slash caretakers from the area because his mother had no time for him as she took her acting career more importantly than him. She wanted him to be surrounded by things from her home country. Thus he picked up the accent from them

”Don’t worry about disrupting my little cat nap. It’s hard for this old man to keep with the youngsters without a nap at times. I just have to be sneaky about it or I never hear the end of it. Sorry to hear about your condition. I hope it’s nothing too serious. And if you like, sometime you can do a ride along with me. You won’t be able to go into a building but you can get some first hand experience.” it wouldn’t be the first time he had someone to follow him along for the day. Often times they got bored and left. Not many people realize that most of the day is spent around the station doing chores and such.

Raid never really looked like a fire fighter through his whole career… and he was far from looking like an author which was having secondary job when ever he got the chance to. But he wrote under a false name to protect his privacy and to hide from the fame of being one of the best. ”Your welcome mate. It took me about a year to get use to the American system after being in the Japanese system the first five years of my career.” there was another piece of the puzzle that didn’t seem to make a fit at all. It was not like Raid to stay in one place for long. He hadn’t been in this town that long but yet again he had run away from everything on his life. ”Would you like to grab a bit to eat?”
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 03:59 AM
Stranger
Mikko

It was true that as you got older, doing what you used to do became harder. Even though really Pierre wasn't that old, he could definitely notice it. How if he wasn't careful he was more likely to put weight on around his middle, especially if his usual good diet hadn't been so good lately. Pierre didn't normally nap during the day, usually only when he was sick. Besides, he didn't just have the luxury of falling asleep where ever and when ever he wanted to. One of the downsides of having a condition that meant that he stopped breathing when he fell asleep.

"I hardly think you could be considered old, but I can understand about struggling to keep up with the youngsters sometimes." Pierre himself was usually full of energy and liked moving around a lot, but sometimes he was other, younger people doing more and found he just couldn't keep up with them. "I don't usually nap myself, but that's only because I don't have the luxury of being able to fall asleep when ever I want to. My condition in all honesty if quite dangerous, but I still consider myself lucky, it could be quite a lot worse. I was born with a condition that means when I sleep I stop breathing, and my breathing when awake is affect to a certain extent. I can't do anything more than mild to moderate exercise because I don't breath enough and my body can't tell that i'm not getting enough oxygen." Occasionally if he got a shock he stopped breathing and didn't immediately notice, but that didn't happen all that often. Quite often he noticed when he went to speak and no sound came out.

Pierre didn't realize that people could do a ride along with a fire fighter. He would definitely have to move it around with his work schedule, but it did actually sound quite interesting. "I didn't actually know that you could do such a thing, but it does sound quite interesting. I can't say i'm disappointed about not being able to go into a building though." He said with a smile. Even if noting really happened, and they spent all day around the station, it would still be interesting.

Pierre had never traveled much, mainly because it was quite a hassle with his medical condition. Going to the USA had been the first big trip he had done outside of short European ones. Japan certainly sounded like an interesting place to visit though, even if the idea of travelling such a long way seemed quite daunting.

"Japan, that sounds like quite an interesting place to visit. I've never traveled much aside from a little outside Europe. I can't just get on a plane, I have to get permission to use a diaphragm pacer if it's a long flight otherwise I have to stay awake the whole thing, and I can't send my back-up mask ventilator in the baggage hold because it would damage the machine." Plus is anything did happen to either machine while he was away and he couldn't use them, then it meant he would be spending his nights in a hospital, and he didn't want that.

When the other man mentioned getting something to eat, that did sound like quite a good idea. While he wasn't really hungry, he was a little bit. "That sound like a good idea to me, the food smells quite nice."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply