February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

August is beyond hot, and the Town Council has called upon local businesses to help. Water Wars, Movies at the Lake, A Scavanger Hunt, a Mud Run, and even a Bikini Car Wash Party are cooling down the weekends in the summer heat.

Congratulations to Erin and Charlie Fox on finally saying 'I do'!

Did you read that they may have caught the Robert Lewis Murderer?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

So Many End-of-Summer Events!

Water Wars: Squirt Guns, Slip’n slides, wading pools, and fire trucks!

Movies at the Lake: NOW PLAYING Saturday: Finding Nemo, Ghost Busters Sunday: Little Mermaid, Independence Day

A Scavenger Hunt : For the Kids

A Mud Run: A Muddy Obstacle Course

Bikini Car Wash Party: It’s all in the title. We recommend the VIP pass.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

September 8th
The Activity Check is closed!

September 1st
September Announcements!.

September 1st
Activity Check Time!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Dogs' Day Out, Tag: Johnathan DiMario
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 05:26 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav had been excited about the Charity Pet Walk ever since it had been announced. Her two dogs, Amadeus and Sebastian, had always primarily been her responsibility, and she loved keeping them in good health. The walk would be a good chance to do that, and for them to meet other dogs. Both the Husky and the Rottweiler were quite friendly as long as the other dogs they met were. Sebastian could be a bit intimidating at first looks-wise, but he usually quickly warmed people over with his gentle nature.

Before the pet walk began, Cav poured some water into bowls for both of them. After they drank, she knelt down and gave them both lots of petting and ear scratches.

"Are you two ready for your walk in the park?" she asked. Both gave a bark at that. "You two love the park, don't you? It's one of your favorites places, isn't it?" More barks. "We're going to have a lot of fun." Cav then put the empty bowls in her backpack and took hold of the dogs' leashes as she rose. "Alright, I think we're almost ready." The dogs then pulled her a bit, prompting her to go into a fast walk. "Whoa, guys, let's slow down a bit, okay?"
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:34 PM
Stranger
Zed

John never owned dogs, he didn't have the time to be a responsible pet owner so he wasn't besides in his life one could easily be gone far too soon, for too long leaving a dog to fend on his own. Despite what John might be capable of he certainly wasn't cable of leaving a animal to it's own devices while locked in a home. But still it was a worthy cause enough for them or at least the Old Rose Tavern to make a business donation to the cause in the from of a thousand dollars, a worthy tax write off and enough to give him and the business a good name in the community.

He refused the t-shirt and cited only seeking to offer a monetary donation but of course he was offered to walk a stray from the local pound. Some golden lab mix, he guessed they were hoping to incite him enough to adopt the dog but John had no such plans, no he would walk the animal. He had the time and he could easily push his meeting to take place on the go so he found himself on the scenic two mile hike as he was led by the small but seemingly happy dog.

He wasn't dressed for the occasion, wearing a pair of black slacks, black polished loafers, and a long sleeve white dress shirt without a tie with the top two buttons undone. But he kept the dog strongly under control from pulling him along despite it's strong enthusiasm to explore and sniff about. However he could hear the patter of clawed paws approaching from behind pulling along a pretty brunette. He rose a brow looked back, slightly amused, stopping long enough to have her catch up. "Excited bunch are they?" John commented looking at her husky and rottweiler.

John wasn't intimidated by dogs, far from it while most would cringe in fear at the sight of a doberman or a rottweiler or even a pit bull he knew the truth. A dog was a reflection of it's owner and how it was raised, "You have beautiful dogs, I've always loved the eyes of a husky, and it's cheerful temperament." John said in complimenting it, before looking up "I apologize, John." He said quickly introducing himself and offering a hand out to her in courtesy.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 01:52 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav was hoping to slow her dogs down. They were big and a bit tough to pull back. The last thing Cav wanted at the walk was an asthma attack. Still, she made sure that she had her inhaler handy. Fortunately, the dogs slowed down. As Cav sighed with relief, a man approached her. The two dogs briefly acknowledged the man before turning back to walk.

"They really get excited at the park," said Cav to the man. "I can't even say the word without them barking and jumping about. Aside from that, they're very obedient though." She then smiled when the man said that they were beautiful dogs. "Thank you. I'm very proud of them."

She then put both leashes in one hand long enough to shake the man's hand. Once that was done, she had one leash in each hand again.

"I'm Cavalyn, but most people call me Cav," she said. She then looked at him curiously. "Don't think I've ever seen you here before. I was born here, so I feel like I know everyone in town. Well, I don't KNOW everyone, but you know what I mean." She chuckled a little. She then looked at her dogs. "The Husky's Amadeus and the Rottweiler's Sebastian. They're really friendly if you'd like to pet them." This was true. Unless someone was directly threatening one of the Gallows, the two dogs were very tame.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 07:00 PM
Stranger
Zed

It was a bit surprising for John to see a woman with two large dogs though it was sexist he was merely born and raised in New York were most women had pocket pooches. Tiny little yappers they treated like human infants it was a annoyance to deal with those women when they were far too predisposed in talking to, addressing, feeding and concerning over a tiny dog in their purse. But John looked at her and the dogs a moment and smiled, "I can see that." When she mentioned them getting excited at the mere word.

"They are more intelligent then most give them credit for." He replied then complimented her dogs and replied with a simple. "You're welcome, but it's the truth." He glanced over at the golden retriever to watch it chasing it's own tail which slight amused him before he turned his attention back to the woman. Shaking her hand gently, holding it merely by her knuckles and nodded and released her hand.

"Cavalyn, a rare but appropriately fitting name, I would not go so far as a cut a name like that so short." Her curious looked was then accompanied by words to which he addressed promptly. "Your powers of observation have not failed you, I'm new in town recently bought the Old Rose Tavern, thought this was a worthy cause to donate to plus the Tavern could use the tax write off." John mentioned vaguely, but he looked at her dogs and canted his head to the side.

"Quite the majestic names for them.. this one.." He looked to the Golden Retriever he had. "Ralph.. I not sure how he'd react to petting honestly, he's an adoptable though I unfortunately don't have the time to be a pet owner... despite the desire. John smiled and looked at her two dogs then looked around. "Perhaps we could accompany one another.. I haven't really traversed this park much, you might be more knowledgeable of the good routes."

(Sorry for the delay)
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 05:20 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav nodded about the dogs being very intelligent. Hers really were. They recognized certain words, and were quick to obey when asked to sit, stay, or do some tricks. Cav was proud of herself as well. Her family helped take care of the dogs, but she had been their trainer. It took a lot of time and patience, but she had accomplished it.

"It's amazing how quickly dogs pick up on things too," she said. He then looked at his dog. "You're dog is beautiful as well. I love Golden Retrievers. I've always wanted one myself, but these two are a handful. A very loved handful, but a handful."

Cav chuckled about her name.

"Thank you, but I don't mind 'Cav' all that much," she said. "My family called me that when I was a kid, and it kind of stuck through school." She then listened as the man spoke of owning the Old Rose Tavern. She had never been there given she was too young to drink, but it was cool meeting someone who ran a business. "I imagine running your own place can be tough at times. Hope it's going well for you. I work over at the library, but I'm about to begin taking classes at the nearby college soon. Doesn't sound too exciting I know, but I hope to attend this big music school in New York one day."

Cav wanted to pet Ralph, but she took heed of John's words. One had to be careful. She would allow the dog to let her know if he wanted to be touched.

"Sure, you can join us," she said. "Hopefully our dogs will get along." She looked over to see Amadeus sniffing Ralph curiously.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 10:50 PM
Stranger
Zed

John couldn't doubt the mind or abilities of canines, and when she spoke of how quick they could pick up on things he could only agree. How many stories could one find where dogs warned owners of danger, or even sickness only to men give honorable mention to his dog or at least the dog he was walking today. "Thank you, I'm sure he appreciates the compliment." Ralph himself was busing himself sniffing her dogs and the area around John before attempting to wander further but ultimately John's control of the leash was like tugging on a tree.

John smiled and chuckled, "Cav I suppose if you've gotten used to it." John was proud to have gotten his hands on the Old Rose, it was an excellent business to own and while he dropped a lot fo cash to get it he'd get back his money within the window of a year. When she mentioned going to college soon only to hopefully get admitted to a big music school in New York, being a New Yorker himself he knew exactly what the big music school was.

"Julliard? It's a very prestigious school with a ah.. very small acceptance rate, I wish you the best of luck. But ah running a bar, it has it's ups and downs. You got your regulars, and your now and thens, but the real challenge is getting new customers so you have to change things up and finding a balance that new people are appealed to and doesn't turn off the regulars." John finished while nodding and smiling when it was accepted for him to accompany her. Great.

John smiled and chuckled softly, "The only thing that seems to irritate Ralph is squirrels.. so I don't foresee any problems." Seeing the dog sniffing Ralph, he watched Ralph turned and sniff back overly curious with no signs of agitation.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 09:10 AM
Local
Knightshade

Cav smiled at Ralph once more as John said that the dog appreciated the compliment. She really did want to pet him. Then again, she was that way with most dogs.

Cav chuckled about her nickname, but it didn't really bother her to be called by her full name. She just hadn't really heard a lot of people do so in so long.

"Both names are fine with me," she said. "So no worries there."

When John asked if she meant Julliard, Cav glowed at the thought of possibly going there some day. However, it wasn't the place she was referring to.

"Oh, I would LOVE to go to Julliard," she said. "But trust me, I'm a bit more realistic than that. No, I'm going to a school in the city. Not quite as prestigious as Julliard, but a lot of great performers have graduated from this place. They really liked the piano music I sent them, so here's hoping I get in."

Cav nodded about the chore of getting new people to come in.

"It's sort of like that at the library," she said. "Only we try to get people to support the reading programs we do. Sadly, we can't always rely on funding from the local government."

Cav was happy to see their dogs getting along. Ralph seemed friendly, so Cav decided to go for it and try to pet him.

"Hey Ralph,"
she said as she knelt down. "Wanna come here, boy?"
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 10:33 AM
Stranger
Zed

John smirked and nodded to her reply, and noted it in his head, he didn't mind at all saying her full name instead of just saying a shortened version. Then again he did have people call him John so it wasn't fully outside the realms of understanding it. When of course he brought up Julliard she then said she wasn't aiming as high, under Julliard there were a ton of music schools that held good credentials. John nodded, "Of course, it's an amazing school I know a few people who work in administration"

Aka likely gamblers and people in some way involved with his other life, of course he didn't mention that part. "Don't sell your self short Cavalyn, aim for the stars so even if you shoot short you'll stand among them." John said with a slight grin but when she spoke up of getting funding from the local government John's interest was piqued as he rose a brow and couldn't help but to think.

"Oh, does the library require a donation I could take a look at my books and possibly make a contribution I could use the good karma and the Old Rose could always use another shot of tax write offs for this year." He didn't know how much he could contribute but he knew he could contribute it was only a matter of looking at his financials. "Besides books are the future, despite the growing trend of technology you can never replace a good education you can get from a book, no matter the genre."

Watching her kneel down to go for petting Ralph John only hoped that Ralph didn't nip or bite her, that would be slightly embarrassing. But Ralph seemingly excited as if knowin good behavior would warrant him a quicker adoption walked up to her tail wagging seemingly excited to be petted. "Oh thank God." John thought to himself.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 01:32 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav appreciated John's advice, but she was still realistic. Julliard was the ultimate goal for many, but in order to ever get there, she had to take things in steps.

"Perhaps one day," she shrugged. "It's definitely a dream of mine."

Cav smiled about John giving a donation.

"I can give you the main number there if you'd like to run it by the Head Librarian," she said. "I'm sure they'd appreciate any help." Cav nodded about books being the future. "I'm glad someone else feels that way. Books are treasures. I remember how excited I was as a kid when I got a new book. I felt like I was going on a trip to somewhere new every time."

Cav smiled when Ralph stepped over. She began petting him and giving him scratches behind the ears. Of course her two dogs wanted to join in, and she chuckled as she tried to be attentive to all three.

"I think your dog and mine have all made some friends today," she said to John. She then sighed as the time came for them to walk. "Guess we better get going." She then rose and decided to take a puff from her inhaler, considering the heat and the possible strain of walking two anxious dogs.

PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 12:20 PM
Stranger
Zed

John grinned and nodded, "Hold on to that dream, it may yet be achieved." Concerning the donations John was serious it was easy for him to donate on behalf of the business, between the business earnings, the alcohol tax, business tax, services, tax, income tax, medical coverage tax on behalf of his employees he could use each and every tax break possible to get out of paying those taxes. You see how it worked was when a business donated money, and submitted it's charitable donation it in turn gave this to the IRS which deducted that amount from taxes they had to pay.

If the charitable donation exceeded the taxes required to pay then the business got back a hefty business tax return, it was why the wealthy donated to charity often. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet they donated millions but this wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts, they got that money back in tax deductions so John learned from the best, he learned how to make money by donating money and if he could look good to the community while doing it then so be it. John's very on business ethics, and practices was a testament to his proponent attitude to books, he was educated, he enjoyed reading.

"Yes, please absolutely that would be perfect." John reiterated to her when offered the Head Librarian's number, John then laughed when she spoke of books being exciting and being like a new adventure. "Yes, yes, I feel the same way, it takes me back thinking about something of the book I read as a child." Watching her pet Ralph and Ralph being all too amicable and friendly to her scratches and kindness.

"Better to make a friend than an enemy." But the time came for a walk as she stated it was time to get going only to then suck on an inhaler for puff, and at first John wasn't going to say anything but he did anyway because he was John. "Hmm, asthma?" He asked curiously, it was strange how someone could look so healthy and beautiful on the outside but have asthma plaguing them on the inside.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 09:22 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav smiled and nodded about holding on the dream. She would. She was always a hard worker, and one way or another, she believed her dreams of becoming a professional pianist.

Cav would remember to give John the info when she had the chance. For now though, they had the dogs to focus on, as well as the charity of course.

"Just remind me when the walk's over," she said. She then nodded when John talked about reading books as a kid. "I still read some of the books I read as a kid, just for fun. They bring back great memories."

Cav nodded about making friends over enemies.

"That's always better," she said. "I try to avoid making enemies. Life's too short for animosity." She hoped John wouldn't comment on the Asthma. Cav was one who tried to not let it keep her from doing what she loved to do. When someone noticed, she felt that they were going to pity her, or tell her to be careful. It was one of the few things that bothered her.

"Yep, but I'm fine," she said quickly. "Just a precaution because we're walking in the heat and all. I'll be alright." She then began walking with Amadeus and Sebastian trotting happily along.
PM
^
Johnathan DiMario
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 12:05 PM
Stranger
Zed

John was glad she wanted to pursue her dream no matter how difficult it was a person should always have a goal in life and actively chase that dream it would given them purpose and aim, something to focus on everyday. At least that how he viewed it, people who lack ambition and focus .. they tended to be people who simply skirts on the edges of life rather than life it self like a sad loop of only existing. When she mentioned being reminded to give him the info he only nodded quietly, when she mentioned reading books as a kid John grinned.

"Same here, believe it or not but the first book I read as a kid was green eggs and ham my mother read it to me well I supposed that not a good example of the first book I read given I didn't actually read but one of my favorites is The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli such a good and inspirational read that can be applied to all aspects of your life." Not to mention it applied to the darker aspects of his life as well, at the talk of animosity or making enemies. "I agree an ally is always preferable to enemies."

When she spoke of being fine for the asthma he nodded at her reply. "Fair enough, my cousin has it back in Manhattan I always tell him he should move out of the city because of all the exhaust smoke but he loves the city too much." John began walking with her, with Ralph leading the way forward who was all too excited to be out and about exploring around. John soon felt his phone vibrating however reaching into his pocket and pulling it out to read the text message before tucking it away again.

"So how long have you been a proud dog owner." He asked seeking a bit of perspective on the whole ordeal.
PM
^
Cavalyn Gallows
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 08:27 PM
Local
Knightshade

Cav listened as John spoke of the books he liked. Cav never found herself claiming a favorite. She loved far too mean, and each were a different experience. However, like John, she did have a first.

"The first book I remember mom reading to me was The Wizard Of Oz," she said. "She saw how much I loved it, and she got me Baum's entire series. I still have them in a special place on my bookcase. It's nice to escape to Oz now and then." She then chuckled. "Neverland and Narnia are great too. I used to ask my mom if we could go to Kansas or London because I thought I could sneak off to those magical lands from there."

Cav chuckled about allies and enemies.

"Well I'd rather call them friends than allies," she said. "I figure if you meet someone that you can trust like an ally, why not make them a friend?"

Cav thought about living in New York some day, and how it could affect her asthma.

"Yeah, my mom and dad worry about that for when I eventually go to school in New York," she said. "But I plan to play it safe. I've always believed that if you're not careful enough, life can kick you in the backside, but if you're too careful, life can just pass you by altogether."

Cav was then asked about how long she had owned her dogs.

"I have had Amadeus here for four years and Sebastian for three,"
she said. "You?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll