February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

More Than Words On Pages, Tag: Jorge Cervantes
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 10:23 PM
Townie
Thoth

For a moment Jorge had regretted saying the word “masochist” in front of the child. He didn’t often get to spend time with kids and there were moments where he forgot to reign himself in. Life tended to be like that, however, when you spend your time exclusively among adults, you kind of forget that kids really shouldn’t be hearing half the things you safe. It was a fact that was especially true when you were old enough to not care about having a filter anymore.

Thankfully Grace seemed to gloss over the statement, assuring him that she was not a fan of pain, especially when it came to a painful book. But, as smart as a whip, Hannah jumped in admitting that she didn’t like pain either. Scraped knees were excellent teachers, it seemed.

He smirked as he dipped his head in her direction. ”I’m sorry to hear that you got hurt, Hannah. But you seem right as rain, now. And that’s the good thing to focus on.”

Grace, informed him that she would remember his book suggestions from Mr. Gaiman, just in time for the barista to call out their orders. Jorge stepped aside, allowing Grace to claim both her own and Hannah’s before he would take his. The audible sounds of satisfaction struck his ears and Jorge smirked.

”It was my pleasure,” he admitted.

Taking his own in hand, he didn’t sip it yet as hot cocoa always tended to be a little too hot at the first sip for him, he preferred to wait a minute or two. Jorge would have been fine to let the conversation end there but Grace had asked if he wanted to be led to a table. To be honest Jorge hadn’t considered staying much longer now that the reading was over, but, why not spend a bit more time with someone interesting.

So he smiled. ”I would appreciate that, yes,” he said. When Grace would start moving, Jorge would take a step, signally Emma to stand and lead him away from any dangers that could be in his path. ”After all,” he continued. ”What is hot chocolate with good conversation?”

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 12:22 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace smiled as Jorge spoke to Hannah. Hannah seemed to enjoy his company too, and thankfully enough for her to not focus on trying to pet the man's dog. Grace wanted to pet the dog too, but again she was well aware of the rules of petting animals that assisted people. Grace then smiled about Jorge feeling it was his pleasure to buy them hot chocolate. Such a true gentleman, and a brilliant man.

"I'm really glad we chose to come here today," said Grace. "Not only to hear your amazing poetry, but just to meet you in general. We've really enjoyed your company."

With the aid of Emma, they made their way to a table. Once Grace and Hannah were seated, and she made sure Jorge had gotten to a chair alright, she thought of something to discuss. She then had an idea.

"Listen, if I could arrange it, would you like to pay a visit to my class one day," she said. "I think my students would love listening to your poetry. In fact, poetry's on our term schedule soon. I'm going to have my students try their hand at writing their own poems. I think you would inspire them. No pressure though of course."
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 12:38 AM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge was not a fan of socializing but even he knew its importance now and again. He could even recall times where he was actually lonely and craved being in the same room with someone else, or, taking that a step further, actually engaging in more amorous activities. The man wasn’t a machine, after all, and while he despised a large portion of the community, he had to admit that those times he spent with people who managed to crack his harder outer shell, well, he wasn’t going to shy away from them.

Of course that wasn’t to say that was how he saw the younger teacher who was standing nearby, collecting hot chocolate with her daughter, far be it. Truthfully he viewed the other woman more as a colleague, than anything else. A reader, one who might actually be able to keep up with him. A man needed more than the occasional bedmate to spend time with, he needed those people who could stimulate him intellectually. Who else better fit that bill than another teacher?

A soft smile spread over his lips as the woman admitted that she was glad that they had come out that day, as they found both himself and his poetry enjoyable. Funny enough, as he doubted most people would share that opinion about him. Then again, he wasn’t as if the professor was being his normal, prickly self. Maybe it was the fact that there was a young child nearby, and they always tended to knock him off his guard. But there was no use peering down that rabbit hole just yet. Rather, he would simply see where this meeting would go.

When asked if he wanted a seat, Jorge admitted that it would be nice. He actually hadn’t been planning to stay longer than getting himself something to drink, but it hardly seemed appropriate to just abandon the woman when she so kindly offered. Yes. A seat would be nice.

They trekked across the seating area until Grace managed to point out a suitable table. Jorge carefully maneuvered around it, finding a chair, after which he folded his cane and slipped into his seat with a satisfied sound. Holding the cup of hot cocoa in his hand, they were immediately warmed up while he listened to the sounds of Grace and her daughter situated themselves as well. It was only when everyone was seated that the teacher seemed suddenly struck by an idea.

So she wanted him to come to one of her classes, to help with their poetry lessons. Jorge thought about this for a moment, thinking if over, trying to figure out how he felt about that. Normally he would have cringed away from it as public appearances really weren’t his favorite thing. He usually only partook if a paycheck were involved. That hardly seemed the case this time, however, as the poet couldn’t think of a plausible reason, or a desire, to not want to do it. Interesting.

Taking a sip from his drink he continued to mull it over before answering. ”I mean, if you’re sure you want to condemn your kids to such a boring day,” he said with a self-deprecating chuckle. He then sobered up. ”I wouldn’t mind. I would just need to know ahead of time so I can see if it will, or won’t, affect my Spring classes.” He then nodded. ”But yes, so long as your students wouldn’t mind listening to an old man drone on, I’d be happy to help.”

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:41 AM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace chuckled when Jorge said she would condemn her kids to a boring day. Maybe he was right. She was an adult, and for her Jorge's poetry was captivating. Hannah was a small child, and she was interested in just about everything. First graders, on the other hand, were already getting into that age for a handful of things interested them and that was it. Still, she thought it would be worth a try.

"Wonderful," said Grace when Jorge agreed. "And yes, I will definitely give you a heads up. The last thing I would do is deprive your own students of such a great teacher."

"Are you going to do some more poems today, sir?" asked Hannah. Grace hoped that the man would be able to, but she didn't want to pressure the man, and hoped Hannah wouldn't argue if the man said no. Besides, as much as she wanted to hear the man do some more poetry, she and Hannah had other errands to run. Grace couldn't put her love for poetry ahead of her obligations as a mother.

"Sweetheart, I think Jorge has to wait and see if the people who work at the store want him to come back up," she said.
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:17 AM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge didn’t normally like to give appearances but Grace had been sweet enough to ask him well in advance. Besides, she seemed like an extremely nice person and who was he to really tell her no? So long as it didn’t conflict with his own classes, he didn’t have a lot of things to do on his personal time other than...well...personal stuff. So, really seeing no way to deny her, he agreed. For all his grumbling, Jorge actually liked to educate the younger generation whenever he could. Everyone should learn poetry and they should learn it as soon as possible -- even if they wouldn’t like it at first. All it took was one kid to like it, just one, and that was all that mattered.

He took a sip from his hot chocolate, sighing at the warm, sweet flavor as it coated his tongue. He was actually glad that he had come out today. Had he not, he wouldn’t be having the time that he was having now. His therapist was going to have a field day when he told her about all this, stating that he was opening up and going out into the world and accepting people more freely again. He’d tell her to shove it, of course; it was just his way.

One more sip of his cocoa and Jorge turned his attention to Hannah when she asked him if he would be going some more poetry today. Grace had tried to intervene, stating that he needed to see what the owners of the store said first. Honestly he was spurred on simply because Hannah was so interested in the craft. And while he wasn’t on the docket for anymore today, he could recall another from the recesses of his mind.

”Oh I think my turn for the day is done, honey,” he said gently. He leaned slightly toward her. ”But, you know what, I think maybe I have one more in me, if you want to hear that is?”

He waited for Hannah’s confirmation. A private poetry recital, just for the two of them, just one in this one moment of time that they would never be able to claim again. When she would agree, the old poet would sigh, lean back in his chair, and cross his arms over his chest. He remained in silence for a moment before he took in a breath and started to recite one of his old favorites, from one of his first books.

”This one is called…Little Silver Moon...”

He cleared his throat and proceeded…

”Oh twinkle, twinkle little silver moon
Sitting way up high in the blackened sky.
Why do you look so sad and in a gloom
With your pale lips frowning and your downcast
Eyes?

Don‟t cry or let your feelings go wild.
Remember everything that you do have.
A son with a face that is so mild,
And a love for you that no one can nab.

Look past the darkness that stretches around
And see the tiny dots of hope instead.
Hear within yourself that musical sound;
Let it lull you to sleep in your warm bed.

Oh twinkle, twinkle little silver moon
Be happy for good things ahead do loom.”

He smiled softly, ending his last recital for the day. He took another sip of his cocoa and sighed. It had been awhile since he had recited privately like that, but how could he deny a child who wanted to learn? It would be monstrous, wouldn’t it? And for as older and bitter as the poet could be...he wasn’t a monster.

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:28 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace couldn't help but smile when Jorge said he had one left in him. She was just as anxious to hear it as Hannah was. Hannah confirmed this by giving an eager nod. The two then just sat there captivated as he read it. An original poem, and an amazing one. Grace took a deep breath as she watched and listened. She wanted to see this man more often, not just as a guest at her school, but just in general. She didn't think it was a romantic infatuation, though the man was very handsome. She just wanted to see more of him, hear more of his poetry, get to know and hopefully really befriend him.

"That was incredible," she said.

"I loved it!" said Hannah.

"Um... listen, Jorge, we have to go soon, but I really would like to see you again if you wouldn't mind being entertained by a boring young woman such as myself," she said. She then had an idea. "Listen, would you like to come over for dinner one night? I could just about whip up whatever you like, and I think Midas would enjoy meeting your furry friend here."

"Yeah, come to our house, sir!" said Hannah. "That would be awesome!"
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 12:31 AM
Townie
Thoth

It was a simple one but it was still one of his favorites. That was made in the year when he had become obsessed with sonnets. While poetry was supposed to be open and free, at that amount he grew particularly fond of a more structured style. Every writer had the right to change around whatever they saw fit with their owns works and Jorge had a variety of styles that we went back to; Jorge liked to dabble in everything and he respected every style all its own, something that was reflected with his own work.

Gemma used to always tell him that he had an amazing speaking voice. Jorge never heard anything special about it but he liked the compliment nonetheless. It was what usually spurred him on to agree to readings or recitals for these types of events. That and the fact that it helped boost some of his finances. But for Hannah and Grace, he did it more because they were true fans of it, not posers, not people just trying to be nice to an old man (though that could indeed be true). No, he could hear it in the fascination that tinged their voices; they actually enjoyed it.

So...who was he to deny them the enjoyment of another? The poem was a short one and, while it was only for a setting of two, he spoke with as much focus and energy as he would have for a large gathering. At the end, his voiced dipped down to a softer down and sweetly ended his poem with a breath.

There was a pause, then both mother and daughter expressed their enjoyment. Hannah was the more vocal and ardent lover of his words and the poet could only smirk. Again, it was good to see that not every kid was obsessed with their video games and the internet anymore. He considered his faith in humanity restored.

”Thank you,” he said after taking a sip. ”You’re both incredibly kind.”

Jorge was actually surprised by what would come from Grace’s voice next. They both wanted to see him again and an invitation to dinner was offered. The poet wasn’t usually good with on-the-fly invites like this. He tended to overthink things and would immediately go on the defensive. He didn’t know why. He needed to eat and for as prickly as he was, he still managed to somehow make friends. Really there was no point fighting it these days. Besides, once the young child verbalized her want for him to go to dinner, could he really risk making her tear up by saying no?

Inwardly he sighed. He was definitely between a rock and a hard place now. But, he wouldn’t be rude and there was nothing wrong with a single meal.

He dipped his head in Grace’s direction, offering her a smile. ”That would be lovely,” he confirmed. ”Just let me know ahead of time and I will make arrangements to be there.”

--------------------
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:03 PM
Newcomer
Shade

(Wrapping up for Grace)

Grace smiled at Jorge when he agreed to coming over for dinner. She then provided her contact information in a manner that worked for Jorge.

"Whatever evening works for you, just let me know," she said. "Honestly, Hannah and I are a couple of homebodies on most week nights." She then placed a brief, friendly hand on Jorge's. "It was a true pleasure meeting you, Jorge. You and your beautiful dog both enjoy your day."

"Good-bye, sir," said Hannah. She then smiled and waved at the dog. "Bye, puppy." The two then headed to the register with their books.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll