February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 20th
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16th
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Redneck to the Rescue, Darrell McGuinness
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 04:45 PM
Stranger
Asa

Tim was perfectly fine with leaving, his job was done after all, he shrugged casually,
“No offense taken, I gotta get home anyways, kid’s gettin’ off the bus soon.” thank God Darrell hadn't waited until now to have a kid and would be like Tim in ten years, fifty-three with a seventh grader. Darrell totally understood what Luca meant, knowing he had hidden himself away when he shot up at the exchange, ducking behind a support column before everything went to shit. Darrell wondered how hazy that all had been for him and if, now that he was sober, he was rethinking going again.

The Georgian didn’t seem too offended either when he was called old, shrugging it off nonchalantly. There had been a time when he had been terrified of getting old before he just learned to accept and embrace it, be proud he had managed to make it this long. He’d freaked out, honestly, grinding kale and shit up in a blender and started going to the gym. When his hair started going gray he buzzed it down to nothing, shaved his face too once the stubble along his chin and jaw were showing silver. Now, he just didn’t give a shit,
“Some day, when you’re my age, you’ll say t’ yourself … damn I’m old, but I never thought I’d make this far, so that’s a win.” he had just been shot at a few weeks ago for Christ’s sake but it hadn’t stopped him, he’d sold an ounce of pot to a girl in the trailer park just days ago, “When I was huntin’ the swamps in Florida as a kid there was always some gator, or some buck, or a fish that was kinda … legendary in that swamp, people tellin’ ya he was huge, he was a monster, he killed a man, swallered some poor bastard whole.” he laughed, “I’d see ‘em on occasion, miss my shot, or he’d see me first an’ take off. I was just a kid, all disappointed, down on myself.” he shrugged at Tim, “But my daddy would always say, ‘he didn’ get that big by bein’ stupid, he ain’t gonna make it easy for ya’ so now I feel like that big ol’ gator. One day, when he’s ready, an’ the right hun’er comes along, he’ll leave this world, but only on his own terms.” Tim seemed amused by the story, it was an interesting comparison,
“Well, you got pretty damn big,” Darrell laughed, “maybe when the right cop comes along, when you’re ready, they’ll put your trophy head on the wall at the precinct.” he held his hands out to a bare spot on Luca’s wall, sizing it up,
“Didn’ the police in Mexico pose with Pablo Escobar’s body when they finally killed ‘im? Like some trophy lion hun’ers in Africa.” Darrell laughed again, at the craziness of it all, “I imagine cops hunt people like some trophy hun’er would track a animal.” he wasn’t necessarily comparing himself to Escobar,
“Well, anyways, I gotta go, take care Kid.” the older man nodded to them both and left, his footsteps leading away from Luca’s door going fainter and fainter, the distant slam of a car door and he was gone, it was too quiet now.

“I’m gonna use your commode if ya don’t mind, give ya a little privacy, if ya need anything just holler.” Darrell spoke up.

--------------------
PM
^
Luca Barzetti
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 09:15 PM
Newcomer
Nicole

Not having to push the issue with wanting some privacy was great. Luca didn't know if he had it in him to even argue with these two if they refused. Nothing in him was confrontational. The way his body was feeling had him subdued. There was no way he could get himself all riled up into anything angry or aggressive when he felt as if he'd gotten run over with a truck full of itching powder. He wondered how much of that was from the Narcan and how much of it was his body nearing withdrawal. He'd never felt so...so internally stripped before. Was this what it was like to be clean? To be drug-free? He couldn't even remember the feeling but if this was it, then he hated it.

The most rude he could be at the moment was commenting on Darrell's age and the older man didn't even seemed put off by it. “Some day, when you’re my age, you’ll say t’ yourself … damn I’m old, but I never thought I’d make this far, so that’s a win.” Despite how shitty he felt, Luca grinned and shook his head. "I doubt I'd make it to your age." Forties seemed so far off. He wasn't sure that he even wanted to live that long. It was a morbid thought but his spirits weren't exactly high at the moment. He listened to Darrell speak, more to have something to distract himself than anything. "Huntin'...always seemed kinda crazy to me. Wipe piss on yourself and go stalkin' some crazy animal til ya put a bullet in 'em and call yourself victorious. Not that I'm puttin' it down completely but...just not my thing."

Tim and Darrell's bantering, which might have normally annoyed him, were effective at keeping himself from getting too impatient to shoot up again. It was weird, how much he was both dreading and looking forward to it. Would he OD again? The thought was daunting, nearly frightening, but the addict in him couldn't resist.

He lifted his right hand in a sort of half-wave to Tim as the man left. Now he'd have to get down to business, although he still felt weird. Getting high directly in front of someone else felt like some strange voyeurism. “I’m gonna use your commode if ya don’t mind, give ya a little privacy, if ya need anything just holler.” The Italian gave a short nod, his right hand back to massaging his left. "Okay." At least he wouldn't have to inject himself in front of this man but he still wouldn't be left alone.

"Don't...don't let me die. If somethin' happens and the Narcan doesn't work, take me to the hospital." As irrational and erratic as he could be at times, Luca didn't have a death wish.

He waited for Darrell to go into the bathroom before starting the process. It was difficult trying to go about his typical 'getting high' routine when one of his arms was still partially numb. Still, he did it, hoping that he hadn't damaged his left arm too badly by shooting up in it again. Afterwards, he pulled the tourniquet from his arm and leaned back against the couch. Luca wasn't completely out of it but his head felt foggy and thick. This stuff was definitely stronger, much more so, than what he normally got. It was potent to an almost dangerous level but, with the lower dosage, it didn't feel tainted like it did before.

--------------------

I don't wanna change the world
I just wanna leave it colder

XXProfile -- Thread Tracker -- PlotterXX
PMEmail
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 12:51 AM
Stranger
Asa

“I used t’ say the same thing.” Darrell nodded in understanding, a faraway look in his eyes as he seemed to go back a decade or so to conjure up the distant memory. First there was the realization he may not make it to thirty, then the acceptance and telling himself he didn’t even want to live that long. Getting old was for losers, the way to live was fast and loose. Then he had a few near death experiences, like the one Luca had just survived, Darrell started thinking differently from then on. Any time he found himself getting back into that mindset he had to remind himself, when he had literally been staring death in the face, just how scared he had been, how he had thought to himself … not yet! Not here, not now, not like this. Maybe Luca would feel the same eventually, or perhaps he would have to relive this a few times before it finally sunk in.

“Eh, it ain’t for everybody.” Darrell kind of agreed, “The only sport I can think of where a man makes himself smell like a bitch in heat to attract an animal just so he can shoot it.” he laughed, “I liked runnin’ dogs on hogs though.” he nodded, “That was a rush, tearin’ through some swamp on a four-wheeler, wide ass open, chasin’ the hounds bayin’ on a big pig.” he didn’t add that they didn’t typically use guns, it was too close quarters where a man was likely to injure a prized hound. So they went in with a sharp knife to the heart. He really did know what it sounded like to “squeal like a stuck pig” boy did they scream, “Free bacon.”

After Tim had made his exit, Darrell opted to help himself to the bathroom while Luca shot up again, hopefully with a much more sensible dose. Figuring the man didn’t want to be watched, the dealer would respect that as best he could. Just before he stepped out of the room the younger man on the couch spoke up and a silence passed between them,
“I will.” brushing the door frame with one of his broad shoulders he made his way to the bathroom, easy enough to find, and relieved himself quickly, his phone going off as he was pulling his belt taut around his waist, “Yeah?” he flushed and switched his phone to his other hand, stepping back out into the living room to see Luca on cloud nine. He smiled, “T’morra,” he answered the person on the phone and went for the kitchen, figuring he would let Luca enjoy himself, no sense in standing around talking on a phone, “uh, I’m with another client right now but I can swing by within the hour if it’s that urgent.” he dumped the tupperware down the kitchen sink drain and washed it down with some water, spraying down the container afterward. It would need proper cleaning of course but this would at least get rid of the lingering bile smell, “You’re prob’ly just overloadin’ the breaker, I can install a higher amperage if that’s the case so next time ya wanna play with all your toys at the same time it don’t keep trippin’ it.” rich people … “See ya later.” he ended the call and walked into the living room, settling on the couch next to Luca to relax for a moment, “You seem t’ be feelin’ pretty damn good.” he pointed out, wishing he could fuck off for the rest of the day but he had just made obligations to someone, “I gotta go in a few, you gonna be alright?”

--------------------
PM
^
Luca Barzetti
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 08:26 PM
Newcomer
Nicole

The feeling of a good high. It was smooth and delicious and deep, like some damned decadent chocolate cake. That wasn't a great comparison for Luca to make because he didn't have much of a sweet tooth but he imagined that that was how he'd describe it if he ever had to put the feeling of heroin into words. Of course, he wasn't enjoying this high nearly as much. There was still the fear of overdosing again. That hadn't been smooth and delicious, though it had definitely been deep. That'd been scary as hell and he wasn't keen to repeat it.

This time around, he gave himself far less than what he was used to getting. It did the trick. His body was no longer screaming at him to put the poison into his veins. He just didn't want to die. That wasn't why he was addicted to heroin, after all. It wasn't to kill himself, contrary to what some popular opinions were.

His head turned in the direction of the kitchen as he heard the water running in the sink. "That's nice of ya." The tone of his voice was now mellow and soft. Saying thanks wasn't an easy thing for him to do. Again, he was not ungrateful and he'd have to pay Darrell back for this.

The conversation that Darrell was having with...whoever...was lost on the Italian. He just sat there, waiting and wanting to be sure that he wasn't going to sink into the horrid darkness of an OD again. His dilated pupils turned on Darrell, watching him with interest now. “You seem t’ be feelin’ pretty damn good.” He chuckled at that, finding it far more funny than he should have. "That's an understatement." This stuff was hella good.

“I gotta go in a few, you gonna be alright?” Luca made a light sound of confirmation. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Juuuuuust fine." Suddenly, he became a bit serious, needing to say something before Darrell left. "Darrell...it was...I know I said it but, but...it was cool of ya to come when I called. I really owe ya one. Jus' let me know how I can repay it." He then reached over and very awkwardly patted the man's forearm. "I mean...no funny business. I ain't fuckin' ya. I think we established that...but, yeah...jus' let me know." Til then, he was going to sit on the couch and enjoy himself until he had to get up for work or some other menial life task.

--------------------

I don't wanna change the world
I just wanna leave it colder

XXProfile -- Thread Tracker -- PlotterXX
PMEmail
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 10:06 PM
Stranger
Asa

Of course it was an understatement, this wasn’t some regular, run of the mill shit. There had been worry at first, seeing as how the law had somehow infiltrated their sellers, that they had swapped out the good heroin for something that was utter garbage. But knowing the product would be thoroughly tested before the buy went through, Darrell was willing to bet the cops didn’t want to take any chances. So now, thanks to the boys in blue, this score was out on the streets of Boston making its rounds to countless users, Luca was one of them. He looked like a very satisfied customer. Being high was one of the best feelings in the world, better than any sex he could think of, but it was also incredibly dangerous, especially when one got to the point where Luca was, where he literally couldn’t go without it. His first thought after surviving an overdose was to shoot up again, that was pretty telling.

Sitting on the couch now Darrell drew a deep breath, feeling a little more relaxed himself, this had been a pretty close call. It was good to hear Luca would be fine, more than fine, he was doin’ alriiight it seemed. He laughed,
“Well, good.” more than good, great. Nearly standing from the couch he was thanked again by a very grateful, and very high, Luca. Shrugging again could he have been anymore humble? “It was nothin,’” well, no not really, he had literally saved the man’s life, would it really be right to say it was “nothing?” “I’m sure you’d do the same for me.” the laugh that followed meant he was feeling rather presumptuous, “Well, no need t’ worry about that, man.” Darrell assured him, using the man’s knee to get to his feet, “I don’t swing that way.” for nobody, it was honestly something that had never occurred to him. For now he kept his opinions on the matter to himself, if Luca had been any less of a human being to him he would have mouthed off without a second thought but wanted to stay in the man’s good graces. He was his tester after all, as far as paying him back was concerned Darrell could think of an upcoming job where the Italian’s expertise would come in handy, “But, I’ll let ya know,” in the tone of parting words, he made his exit, “take care, now.” ugh, now he had to drive to that rich asshole’s house that needed him out to his lake front home, NOW! Because he couldn’t play with all his new toys in his fancy garage. No guarantees something wouldn’t go missing after Darrell left.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply