February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Katja Plots., It's a thing. No really.
Katja
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 10:32 PM
Katja

So for right now I have~>

Ms. Lane Shapiro (PhD, D.O. -- a Dr.; Forensic Pathology & Coroner)
user posted image

Lane (or Dr. Shapiro, if you've peeved her), is a Russian-Jewish woman with an Eidetic memory. She is retired from the USMC, former black-ops sniper. She was a child prodigy, and breezed through school at a breakneck speed. Her recall is somewhat perturbing and she is good with languages, visualization, and her hands. She has one older brother, whom she is close with, and currently inherited her cousin's daughter Sofia, straight from Russia. Sofia is five. Lane is twice widowed, and thinks she might be cursed when it comes to her love life. She's friendly and flirtatious.

I am open for all of the fun plots, so hit me up with ideas!!
PM
^
Ry
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 01:43 AM
Mod
Ry

I'm here for things we've already talked about but also to officially say:

Welcome to Lochland!!!

-shoves in Theo and Abel- Theo and Lane should eat together sometime... I haven't figured out a good reason that would happen but... yeah >.>

--------------------
PM
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 01:53 AM
Katja

@Ry
*makes grabbyhands at threads*
Theo and Lane should share a meal on Shabbat on week. Maybe they just happen to sit near each other in general anyways?

Also the thngs we talked about re Abel
We should do a slightly past ? s that allowed ? to like right before she goes away for two weeks and gets kidlet from Russia
-prompts back to chatter-
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 02:01 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

Hi Katja. I want to randomly say that around the time you joined I had been discussing something about a cat named Katya, and I found your name especially coincidental right then. That aside, I feel like(because one of my characters needs to chill seriously) that one or two of my characters would interact with Lane. Well, not for any particular reason, it just struck me.

Teagan Landry because he’s just very friendly and sociable. I don’t know why they would interact, but he’s one of those that strikes up conversations with strangers, is pretty much never shy, and usually not considered obnoxious for it. I mean, maybe she’d find him annoying, who knows, but it seems like they could get along.

Then Seraphim Drake. They’re both 33, single women with a kid. So there is that in common. For Sera’s part though… she likes the name Lane. Proof of this? She named her daughter Lainey, so that she could go by Lain/Lane later in life. Plus Lainey was cute. And so I find it funny that Lane so refuses to be called Laney. Anyway, Sera’s sweet and likes kids and is cheerful. So… they could interact, or have interacted in the past.

Them’s my super vague suggestions.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 03:13 PM
Katja

@[Jaya]

I always find it funny when anyone even knows the name Katja (or any diminutive form of Katerina) exists. And then I remember to just blame Tolstoy and get over it. XD

Teagan can absolutely strike up conversation with Lane, she's all for friendliness and friendly people. Same with Sera.

Typically her days off are from about 2pm Friday until 8am Monday (as she is observant of Shabbat from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday); so Friday afternoons before she heads to the Synagogue, and then Sundays... Otherwise, after 5 pm on a standard work day. Feel free to pick a setting (so long as it's not like, eating shellfish or something else totally not Kosher.)

Granted she may be found doing anything not work related or related to spending money on a Saturday such as hiking and the like. With Sofia, a park would be logical.

For either/both I recommend present tense threads.
I don't want to back date too much with Lane, as her profile was built for her to have been in the shadows but getting Sofia pulls her a bit out of that.

Being a coroner means sometimes odd hours, odd smells, and while there's a Jewish community-- she wouldn't push her way around much outside of it to make connections.

When you have a job most folk would call creepy it's a hard trick to pull off. She now has a five year old that's gonna take a lot of her focus and move her more into being more neighborly and suchlike.
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 03:58 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

Its a good name.
If she lives anywhere near either of them, their could interact at a neighborhood thing. Or... a thought. If there was some kind of random social block party... thing, at Sera's exes neighborhood, which is kinda open because he isn't on site anymore... Sera could be there with Lainey, and make nice with people. And or it could be at the park, same purpose.

Oh, unrelated. If my character Ian ever heard Sofia or Lane speaking Russian, there's a chance she would talk to them, because... she loves Russian and almost never hears it. I just remembered that. Too many thoughts >_>

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 04:07 PM
Katja

Lane speaks a Russian-Hebrew-Yiddish-English Pidgin with Sofia, trying to migrate the girl into osmosis-like English learning. However, if Lane talks to her brother (which she does often, like, on the phone; and family in New York, too) will be largely spoken Russian.

Lane would have to be very careful going to any sort of potluck-- they're often mostly not Kosher friendly. Hidden bacon in things and etc.

But whatever park has the most green space and best swings... Lane would take Sofia to, most likely.

Pop up something; I can typically make it work?
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 04:23 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

I meant more, stand around socializing, than sit around eating. I think there's only... assumedly a playground at the school, and Unity Park. So somewhere in Unity Park. Lainey is obsessed with her skating right now, so Sera has been taking her to the park extra. I will go ahead and throw a thread together for them since you said pop up something. And I'll get it back to you... whenever I am done.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Freyja
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 04:11 PM
Freyja

Hi Katja!

It was fun talking to you about random stuff yesterday! Sorry I kinda dropped off, I fell asleep in my chair (yay meds making me sleepy.)

I think Lane and Ace would be funny because of how much plane/airport stuff she hates, and Ace is an aeronautical engineer who works at the airport in Hartford; he is the project manager for the maintenance department, after taking the job from some racist asshole that became PM after the old PM left; well the asshole got fired and Ace moved from Field Supervisor to PM.

He did lose his mother to a freak plane crash. His mother was a Navy officer who flew supplies in the military, and then went to commercial flying when she got out. Ace used to work for Boeing and actually invented two parts that would help prevent the sort of pressure leak that brought his mom's plane down.

Also Lane likes authentic Asian restaurants. Well, Ace is an authentic Asian! And he does like cooking authentic Japanese and Korean. He hates eggs though so his katsudon is kind of a bastard, haha. (though he will cook eggs for other people and for his dogs.)

Ace also has maybe an obsession with Not Your Father's Root Beer.

So they have some things in common and some that might make things weird!

Anyway Ace goes to Unity Park to walk his dogs (A Jack Russel Terrier and a Pit Bull, Izzy and Luna... Izzy's a little excitable but very friendly, and Luna's a lazy little thing.) Izzy loves to sniff everyone and get scratched behind the ears. She could maybe go sniff Lane or Sofia? She is always on a leash so she's controlled if she gets out of hand. Luna will likely just roll over and want tummy rubs.

So if Sofia wants to go on the awesome swings, Ace might be nearby with the doggos!
PM
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 05:25 PM
Katja

Hey Freyja-- It's cool, I do that all the time LOL
(for the same reason, too HA)

Sofia would probably love the doggos. She probably isn't as fond of Lane's cats as Lane is.

Maybe he's seen her frequent flying during certain times of the year, assuming that's the closest large airport as I don't presume jaunting down to NYC is faster-- for the to fly to and from Quebec and suchlike for work things-- maybe they've had words in passing (or more so than passing, like him on a break and her stuck on a delay) a few times?

If she has a reason to be like "oh, I know your face, you work at the airport, huh" that could help towards conversation beyond doggos looking for lovins (which, obviously, cute doggos are going to get!) --

That could lead to friendship-ness, since they have likes in common. Which would be fun. Plus it gives Sofia time spent around other English-speaking people, which will help her skills develop. Win-win? XD
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 07:26 PM
Townie
Jaya

Thread for you

Just got that together smile.gif

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Freyja
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 07:48 PM
Freyja

Yo again Katja!

Sorry I've been quiet; I'm busy failing a class.

But yeah they could have seen each other in passing! Maybe he's at lunch and she's hanging out in a restaurant or something on a delay and they might have a little conversation?

And Ace likes kids, as long as he can give them back to someone, lol.

If you want we can do either the airport or the park, up to you?
PM
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:24 PM
Katja

Hit me up on discord? I've been having a rough week myself, so I haven't been utd here for a second. /fails
PM
^
James
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 10:24 AM
James

Christine and Dr.Shapiro should talk. They've both got similar backgrounds and they both speak French. Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a hack. Does Lane still shoot? If so, it makes sense the two might bump into each other there.
PMEmail
^
Katja
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 12:34 AM
Katja

wow sorry for the hecka late reply

Yes, Lane still shoots. She's determined not to let the skill (ever) slack!

(I prefer very much with multi-language threads to use English, but put what's meant to be the second/third/etc languages in italics personally, because of flow :/ ... )
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll