PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

August 8th
The Activity Check is over!

August 1st
Activity Check Time!

July 29th
July Announcements!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Two Friends Having A Ball, Tag: Jackie Zimman
Andie Walker
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 02:36 PM
Townie
Shade

Ever since the two had met at the Comics Shop, Andie had come to be good friends with Jackie. They had a lot in common, and she was great to chat with. Andie had a good few friends in town, but there was something about Jackie that Andie was really drawn to. They had gone out together for drinks and meals and the like, and Andie had more and more fun each time. Andie wasn't one to ever really call any of her friends a best friend, but Jackie was sort of becoming that. Andie had considered her husband a best friend before the two fell in love, and Jackie sort of reminded her of Stan at that period in their lives, aside from the eventual romance. Andie thought Jackie was gorgeous and would make anyone who won her heart happy, but the last thing on Andie's mind since losing the one she loved was getting into the dating scene again. But again, Jackie just had that "best friend" vibe about her.

On that note, Andie was more than happy to oblige when Jackie invited her to the Charity Ball. The event sounded interesting, and she thought the idea of bidding on dates or whatever it was seemed cute. She had no plans to bid, though she was happy to donate for a good cause. She was just thrilled to be out with Jackie again.

Clad in a dark purple woman's dress suit, she stepped in with her friend. The atmosphere did seem fun, though for the moment she was a bit famished and was looking for snacks.
PM
^
Jaqueline Zimman
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 09:09 PM
Stranger
Jen

Jackie had some strong feelings against the auction. Seeing people propped up like an object to be bought was just…wrong, but she wasn’t about to show up with picket fences to a party where she had people to impress from a distance. They weren’t comic book writers, of course, because god knows most of those were as averse to this sort of event as she was, but just people that worked in publishing houses and all that. They knew very well she lived in Lochland, and she didn’t want to seem like she just didn’t care about charity enough to go to an event that couldn’t be more than a short car ride away from her apartment, so she at least had to be seen at it. She didn’t want to go through it alone though, and bidding on someone wasn’t an option for her.

Instead, she asked the closest friend she had in Lochland so far. She hadn’t known Andie for long, but the two just hit it off and Jackie trusted her enough to be good company for the evening. The only hesitance she’d had was that she didn’t want to seem too clingy, or for her invitation to come off as her hitting on Andie. The woman was extremely attractive, but the fact that she had a kid ruled out the possibility of them being more than friends in the future. She’d never had anything more than a genuine intention to get to know Andie anyway, and just needed a friend to make her feel like moving to Lochland wasn’t a total mistake.

So, she’d sent Andie a text inviting her to the ball as a “date.” The message had been carefully crafted so it couldn’t be read as having any romantic connotation. The fact that she was so focused on not making it sound like a date kind of felt like she wanted it to be a date, but then she remembered Andie was a mom and Jackie didn’t like kids and the feeling went away.

She showed up to the ball just as the auction was over, just like she told Andie she would, since she didn’t want to witness the event happening. As she looked around, she realized she might be a bit underdressed. She’d put on a colorful mini dress, long boots, a round tote bag and wore her hair up in twin buns. She usually didn’t dress so quirky, but she loved it and thought a fun outfit would lighten up the night for her. if she’d known the ball would be so stuffy though she would have reconsidered… Well, there was nothing she could do about it now.

“I’m thinking I should have worn a long gown instead,” she commented to Andie, feeling like she was sticking out like a sore thumb, but tried to push that out of mind. “You look great though, by the way,” she added. It was true. If there was anyone who could rock a suit it was Andie, and it was purple too, an unusual yet classy color for a suit.

She tried to wrap her arm around Andie’s bicep, but didn’t push it if the other refused. She was just the touchy-feely type of friend. It’s how she showed her affection, and she would have tried to grab her companion’s arm no matter who they were as long as it was a friend, but if there was anyone who understood personal space it was Jackie, so if touching wasn’t Andie’s cup of tea, even if it was platonic, she would respect that.

“Is there something you want to do? I didn’t look at the description too closely, but I know dinner should be going on right now, or we could walk around the garden…or have a drink?” She asked, listing off the only things she knew there were to do. She didn’t have anything she personally wanted to do other than chill with Andie.

((Outfit))
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 05:46 PM
Townie
Shade

Over time, Andie had picked up on the fact that Jackie wasn't a big fan of children. Andie got it though. She hardly believed that Jackie hated children. Some people just weren't "kid people". Andie was cool with it. She was sure in time that there would be a scenario where Diana and Jackie could meet, and she was sure they'd get along just fine. For now, though Jackie was a part of the time when Andie wasn't with her daughter. Andie was happy that she had a good, reliable babysitter in Zoey, who Diana adored, and Andie spent more than enough time with her sweet girl.

Andie shook her head when Jackie she said she should have worn a gown, and then smiled when Jackie said that Andie looked great.

"Cheers, love," she said. "But you look amazing. I love your hair. I wish I could do that with mine."

When Jackie offered to wrap her arm around Andie's, Andie didn't protest. Who didn't want a beautiful woman like Jackie on her arm at a party. Andie might have been away from the dating scene, but she was still happy to show a lovely lady a good time. Andie accepted her arm and grinned.

"Let's show these people how to party, love," she said. Jackie then spoke about the dinner and a drink.

"Hey, I'm starved," she said. "And I'm always good for a drink. I'm good with the finger foods though, and then perhaps after you and I could grab something a bit more filling?" She then looked over at the buffet table. "Ooooh, cheese tray."
PM
^
Jaqueline Zimman
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 04:40 PM
Stranger
Jen

Jackie knew she’d probably have to meet Andie’s kid at some point as their friendship grew closer, little by little. Meeting family just came with the whole friendship territory, but she would put it off until she could. She was sure Diana was a great kid based on what she’d heard, but she never really knew what to do with them. She could try discussing politics, but that wouldn’t go over well with a kid, would it? She didn’t have any age-appropriate art to show them either, so what, was she just supposed to stare at them and talk about the latest Barney gossip? She would have to politely decline.

"But you look amazing. I love your hair. I wish I could do that with mine."

“Thank you,” she grinned. It was a fun hairstyle.

"And I'm always good for a drink. I'm good with the finger foods though, and then perhaps after you and I could grab something a bit more filling? Ooooh, cheese tray."

“Sure,” she shrugged. She wasn’t particularly hungry, but maybe a few bites of something and the smell of food would open up her appetite. She had to admit that the sight of cheese almost made her cringe though. Call her a snob or dramatic, but she didn’t like having dairy anywhere near her. Another reason she hadn’t been particularly happy to go the ball was that vegan and vegetarian options always seemed like an afterthought. They typically were an afterthought. In most occasions, she would be able to make something better back home, but there was no reason to voice her complaints. She didn’t want to be rude to Andie. If the woman wanted to eat cheese, then Jackie would glance away as she did so.

She followed Andie to where the appetizers were and kept her eyes on the decorations, pretending to admire them. “So, how’s your week been?” She asked since they have been talking quite a bit, but it’s not like the women could fill each other in on every detail of their day.
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Aug 9 2018, 09:25 PM
Townie
Shade

(Hope the liberties in this post are okay. I forgot about Jackie and the dairy thing.)

Andie smiled when Jackie said thanks about the hair. It really was a cool 'do. Andie had the same hairdo for who knew how long. She planned to do something to change it up, but life got in the way.

Andie was about to eat some cheese when she noticed a slight look of disdain for the food on Jackie's face. It was not overly dramatic, but it made Andie remember from a past chat that Jackie wasn't crazy about dairy. The last thing she wanted to do was force her friend to watch her eat it.

"You know something?" she said. "Cheese might be a bit too filling, and I might regret it later. I think some fruits and veggies will do." She grabbed a plate and placed some of them on there. "I do love pineapple."

Jackie then asked how Andie's week had been.

"Alright I'd say," she said. "Busy at the shop. All my younger customers are getting their fun in before school starts back, and we added a video game night to the week's schedule, by popular demand of course. I've also been doing a bit of school shopping with Diana. What about you, love? Anything exciting?"
PM
^
Jaqueline Zimman
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 07:19 PM
Stranger
Jen

"Cheese might be a bit too filling, and I might regret it later. I think some fruits and veggies will do."

To say Jackie wasn’t crazy about dairy was an understatement. She was furious at the food industry for allowing animal products to be consumed, but if she took out that anger on the large majority that consumed it, she would never make any friends. Besides, not everyone could afford to cut meat and dairy out of their diet. She didn’t know what Andie’s motive for being a vegetarian was, but any attempt to cut down on the animal products being consumed was always appreciated by Jackie, even if it was just Meatless Mondays. It seemed Andie had a change of heart too about having that cheese. Jackie wasn’t going to call her out on eating it, but she was glad she wouldn’t have it near her.

As she listened to Andie talk about what she had been up to lately, Jackie followed her lead and starting putting some appetizers on her own plate. She piled up her plate with fruit since she wasn’t expecting the ball’s options to have any particularly filling vegan options. Events like this rarely did.

“Ah, shopping, the only part I miss about school,” she chuckled. “Nothing’s better than coloring pencils and a notebook full of blank pages.” That wasn’t even exclusive to back-to-school shopping. While she wasn’t a fan of shopping in general, Jackie was still thrilled to get new packs of art supplies. It was probably the only kind of shopping she could tolerate for so long. “But no, I haven’t been up to anything particularly exciting. Um, I did have that book released, but you know about that.” If she wasn’t mistaken, Andie’s shop was one of the shops it was being sold in. Even if it wasn’t, she’d sent Andie a picture of herself holding up the book as soon as she’d gotten the first printed copy.

“I’ve traveled a few weekends for conventions and stuff. It’s the same old thing, really.” Not that she didn’t appreciate her readers or want to see them, but at this point all the conventions had blurred together. She tried to have fun, but most of the time it was shaking hands with sweaty fans, signing their march, and going back to her hotel room to sleep. Alone. Without Po.

“I’m not going to be traveling anymore this year though, it’s too tiresome. At least not until Hanukkah since I have to see my parents and all,” she shrugged. “I didn’t visit them last year and I’ll never hear the end up if it I don’t go this time.” Family probably wasn’t something they’d talked much about. She head no idea what Andie’s was like, but she figured mentioning her own parents was a safe topic. Not that she had much to speak on. They were living their lives in Pennsylvania and Jackie was living her own.
PM
^
Andie Walker
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:06 pm
Townie
Shade

Andie chuckled about shopping for colored pencils and notebooks. Those were the days.

"I wish it was that easy now," she said. "When I saw Diana's school supply list, I just stared in awe for like five minutes. I'm just glad it's been a successful summer at the shop. The extra money's definitely going to come in handy."

Andie grinned about the book.

"Well, that's excitement enough!" she said. "I'm wicked excited for you. You worked your arse off, and you have the fruits of your labor. It's amazing."

Andie nodded about the convention traveling. She then sighed a bit at the thought of them.

"I really need to to hit more of those," she said. "Zoey's been brilliant about babysitting Diana for a few of them, but I don't want to take advantage of her dedication. I guess there are a few I can take Diana to. Not all of them have become a semi-nude cosplayer orgy at night... not that I mind that myself. Just not in front of a child, you know?"

Andie smiled about Jackie visiting her family.

"You definitely should see them," she said. "Mine are coming from New York for Thanksgiving." Andie then thought. "But you and I should definitely bring in the New Year. Drinks and dancing, the whole bit."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply