February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

October 13st
Halloween is here!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Hidy!
Asa
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 11:16 PM
Players
Asa

Hi! I haven't RPed in too long so hopefully I can jump right in here and won't be too embarrassingly rusty at this. Life has changed and I have time to start writing again, yay! I hope to get started here soon and get Darrell into the thick of things, I hope to have lots of fun here, it seems like a nice community!

This is the part where I say “ I hope you like Darrell!” but honestly he's more of a character meant for others to love to hate. The only thing Mr. McGuiness and I have in common is our birth place, everything else is based off people I grew up around, he and I couldn't be more different so rest assured my character is not a reflection of myself, I am a very tolerant, accepting person so no worries! I made Darrell from scratch, he's brand new to me and has never been played anywhere else so I look forward to getting to know him and I hope y'all do too! I've also never used Steven Ogg or seen him in anything (I don't watch TWD and never played GTA V) but I wanted a very specific look for Darrell and it came down to Steven Ogg and Billy Bob Thornton lol

As mentioned above I'm from Georgia but I've lived in Florida, South Carolina and at present I live in North Carolina so I've been Southern my whole life. I prefer to write my dialogue phonetically so if anything is difficult to understand just let me know lol or maybe your character is confused and we can have fun with that. I'm pretty shy so you may not see me in the chat box much at all, I am best reached via PM. Looking forward to plotting with you all!
PMWebsite
^
Kat
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 06:20 AM
Admin
Kat

Hello! Welcome to Lochland. I am currently out camping, and I won't be back until Sunday so 'hello from the wilderness!':D

I hope we can role play when I return. Darrell sounds interesting. For now I shall continue to float around the site. It is early and I am the first person up.
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 10:01 AM
Head Moderator
Jaya

I also haven't watched that show or played that game, but I recognized Steven Ogg because of a video he did of like... Virtual Reality GTA? It was intense and funny and insane. I figured Darrell was a lot more practical than him. But yeah, he's interesting, he doesn't seem too bad to me, honestly. Regardless of him though, welcome to the site. If we don't see you in the cbox, hopefully we'll see you wandering the boards and plotters and whatever means of communication tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Freyja
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:37 PM
Player
Freyja

Hiya! I can relate to the southern-ness. I was born on Oahu (Hawaii) but moved to Alabama when I was two months old. Lived there, Florida with my grandparents, and Tennessee for a lot of my life. I was also stationed in Charleston, SC for a time. Moved around some more and now I'm in South Texas.

It's so good to meet you and I love Darrell honestly. Maybe he and my Ace can get in cahoots. Ace is secretly into illegal drugs. Namely Ecstasy. I'm not sure if that's a thing Darrell would get into, but it's an idea!

Phonetic dialogue for me is cool to be honest. I think it gives a character, well, character! There are a few others here who do the same thing. Me, I always add in the "likes" that Ace says because he's from California (Originally Japan but for much of his life, California) and "like" is a common filler word there that he picked up. As in "Well she was like blah" or "I found that I was like, crashed into shit in my car and like, the guy was like "You did that!""

I hope I can RP with you soon. I'm in school so I don't have a ton of free time as I'm in an accelerated program, but if you don't mind that...
PM
^
Mara
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 05:25 PM
Player
Mara

Welcome to LG!

--------------------
PM
^
Asa
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 12:27 AM
Players
Asa

@Kat
Man I haven't been camping in sooo long, I miss it lol we can wait ‘til ya get back and plot a little something now that I got a plotter wink.gif

@Jaya
Omg I just watched it xD that was intense! Thanks for the welcome smile.gif

@Frayja
Well hello fellow Southerner! Lol I've never lived in Tennessee but I've visited a number of times and I love Gatlinburg.

Darrell can get any drug if it will get him some $$$ lol he'd be interested from a business standpoint. Being Asian from California will definitely make for interesting first impressions xD I got a plotter up if ya wanna hit it up or I can hit yours later this weekend. I don't mind slow posts though, I take pity on you as a student, I was taking four studio classes at one point x_x it was exhausting.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, y'all biggrin.gif
PMWebsite
^
Freyja
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 11:42 AM
Player
Freyja

Woo, yay! Four studio classes? I'd die. I'm about to die next month as I have a career module AND a portfolio module. I've never had either one of those before so I'm not sure what to expect!

And yessss Ace has money squirreled away and he doesn't want to go to his dealer in NYC anymore because of awkwardness, but he believes in "don't stiff your dealer." Cause that rarely ends well!

If I don't hit your plotter by the weekend you can hit up mine and we'll figure something out.
PM
^
Asa
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 04:34 PM
Players
Asa

Yeah my last year all I had left was the four studio classes and it was either take them all at once in my last year and graduate on time, or split them up and take two and then next semester take the other two and graduate late but I wouldn't have been a full time student and wouldn't have financial aid and I couldn't live on campus. Lots of folks told me not to do it but for some reason I hated myself and took all four at once lol it was rough and the quality of my work ... well, it wasn't my best because I had to spread out all my time between four different projects at a time >.< so yeah I don't recommend it lol this was years ago, wow.

I will hit up your plotter some time this weekend, yay! I was perusing the open threads and nothing really jumped out at me unfortunately so we can make our own entertainment xD
PMWebsite
^
Zed
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 05:47 PM

Well well a current Tarheel, small world glad to see someone else making a career criminal.

Welcome to Lochland, I'm sure you'll fit right in if you're career criminal is looking for another my own Johnathan DiMario is a career criminal as well, speaking of drugs John has a hand in the illegal drug trade though he doesn't deal nor really tolerate heavy dealers in LG (Likes keeping his own yard clean) But he does cut and traffic it out mostly Cocaine, Meth and if Darrell is looking for some money to traffic then John is his man, if he needs to sell hot goods, John is again his man, same with loans and sports betting... though I wouldn't recommend owing him money, unless you pay on time and don't get too heavily indebted. wink.gif

Glad to have ya on board.
^
Asa
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 06:28 AM
Players
Asa

Yep, I reckon I'm a full fledged North Carolinian lol been here over half my life now. I stalked this place for some time, didn't wanna bring a generic character in, figured y'all would want something a little different and I read up on Mr. DiMario wink.gif Darrell is pretty small time, for now, so not much of a threat atm but still, could make for some fun threads if he starts stepping on toes ohmy.gif I'm happy he'll have some competition! If John does his homework he might find that small time Darrell has a habit of upping his game and becoming big time so it will be up to him what he decides to do about that wink.gif
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply