February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

how you moved, tag - Ianthe Stuart
Lyric Stuart
 Posted: May 1 2018, 04:14 PM
Newcomer
Yuki

Once upon a time, there was a girl who had too much baggage and too much to drink in order to deal with it. She was alone in a town that she had just moved to, knew few people, and had thrown back enough alcohol to dull her senses for days. She had taken on the dance floor and thrown her body around with abandon. The bass had ruled her body and had re-created her pulse for her.

And there was Ian, who came to her rescue that night, not knowing that Lyric would even be there, and had done everything she could to take her home and make sure she was safe. She had gone out of her way to do that and Lyric had given her a kiss because of it, their very first kiss. It wasn't planned, and it wasn't what she had wanted, but there wasn't anything that could be done once they were lip-locked.

As much as it embarrassed Lyric, she held onto each moment of their relationship history with a firm grasp. But, since it did embarrass her so much, her trips to The Odyssey after that night had been few and far between.

Which meant it was the perfect spot to return to four years later.

The music was loud and forceful. Lyric could feel the adjustment in her lungs as the baseline tried to over-write her heartbeat the second they stepped into the club. She looked at the lights, flicking hard around the interior, and watched some of the bodies on the floor as they swayed. She looked behind her and squeezed Ian's hand. "I don't think it's changed at all!" she half-yelled, to get over the volume of the music. Since they had made the effort for a date night, the first one in a long while, Lyric had on some light red lip gloss, just enough to add some more color, and had actually put on some make-up. She wore a white shirt that hung off her shoulders and flared out towards her waist and tight black pants beneath it. She had black dress-shoes on, small wedges instead of heels, easy-to-remove in case she actually wanted to dance, which was a high possibility.

It was date night. They were toddler free for a few hours. She wanted to make the most of it.

--------------------
PM
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: May 8 2018, 02:50 PM
Townie
Jaya

What Ian didn’t need when moving to Lochland Grove was romance. Did not look for it, did not want it. She had one relationship under her belt, and… here she was hours away from that girl. Ruthie. She wasn’t seeking her out, and eventually Ruthie moved back to California. Ian was so content to be single, but Lyric was cute and single and available, and interested and suddenly kissing her. It wasn’t anything that Ian wanted, but when it was on her doorstep she certainly didn’t walk away. Even if things didn’t move as quickly as Lyric might sometimes like. Their relationship was a compromise, and it had seemed to work out quite well for the both of them.

Ian was not a drinker, and she was long past her clubbing days. College classes done, no more nights of being pulled along and ignoring men hitting on her because somehow they thought the “I really don’t want your attention” look at cute. The Odyssey was not Ian’s scene, but if Lyric wanted to go, and Alexius was babysitting, they could go. And here they were.

Lyric was cute as ever. White top showed shoulders that Ian often wanted to kiss, tight pants. She was gorgeous and bubbly and yelling over the music and it made Ian feel like it was tempting a seizure. Ian had on a short sleeved fitted salmon top, and skinny jeans. Her black sneakers, a watch, her wedding ring(of course), and three sets of earrings. It was a bit dressy for Ian just because of the fit of the clothes, but it wasn’t particularly girly. She had on eyeliner and chapstick mostly, rarely one for a lot of makeup. She wore it sometimes to go out, but it had been so long since they “went out” that she wasn’t in the habit.

I think that’s the point,” Ian teased, loud enough to be heard. She gave Lyric a kiss on the cheek. “Do you want a drink?” Ian, apparently, wanted one.

[Outfit]

--------------------

See Your Face
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Lesbian - Self-employed Photographer - House
PMEmail
^
Lyric Stuart
 Posted: May 26 2018, 06:28 PM
Newcomer
Yuki

Lyric stuck out her tongue at her wife as soon as the snark came out. It was one of the things she loved about Ian. While Ian's personality generally ran as serious and composed as they could get, there were few times that her wild side ran wild and tossed out sassy comments. Most of the time these moments were only when Lyric was present (unless Risa or Paige were around, which sometimes prompted their own special category of sass). Lyric enjoyed getting that response. They were special to her.

As if there was a part of Ian's being that wasn't.

Lyric's tongue disappeared back into her mouth with a smile as Ian's lips pressed to her cheek. "Maybe something easy?" she asked, seeming hesitant to commit to anything to drink, "I know we've got stuff at home, but I'm worried Chloe might be a pain..." Chloe was a toddler now, a year and a half nearly, so she was downing solid foods like nobody's business, but the attachment that was kept from breastfeeding was one that Lyric refused to give up until her daughter was ready, even if tiny baby teeth hurt and it was sometimes more play than food. She justified that there weren't many of these years left, if any full ones at all, and once Chloe was weaned there would never be that feeling again... It was an ache that left Lyric sadder than she could verbalize.

With the music reconfiguring her pulse, Lyric pressed another squeeze against Ian's delicate fingers. "Are you gonna have anything?" she asked, curious, "Or we could just get something to snack on if you're hungry?" They had dinner before they left (since who could really deny snacking on some of Chloe's animal crackers and veggies), but Lyric was a lightweight to begin with. If she drank without food in her stomach, then a night like four years ago was almost destined to happen again.

--------------------
PM
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: May 31 2018, 09:03 PM
Townie
Jaya

Ian could be sassy, she just also happened to be shy. And serious. Nothing turned her fun personality off faster than irresponsible, immature, entitled, reckless people. All the things that she was not. So she contrasted them even more as they showed their annoying colors. She just didn’t have the patience for them. Well, she had the patience, but not the tolerance. Some things did not need to be tolerated, and in response to that, she seemed all the more composed. Lyric wasn’t problematic at all. And so Ian could relax and sass her from time to time. Her mothers were just… different.

Lyric and her sticking her tongue out had always been cute. Probably before they were even really involved. Not that Ian could remember it back then. She didn’t pay attention to Lyric’s tongue until after they had kissed, and then she’d kind of tried to avoid paying too much attention. After all, it wouldn’t do to pay a lot of attention to something that would tempt her into too much action. She vaguely recalled a time when her lack of sexual activity had been a problem with Lyric. Ian had felt like getting married would fix it. Not a statement she would throw around lightly, but it seemed to have worked for them. But a baby certainly toned down the sexuality, so here they were again. Not so frustrated, but certainly not as active.

Lyric suggested that she might want something easy to drink. Plus she was worried about Chloe not eating properly. Ian put her hands on Lyric’s shoulders. “C’mon… you’ve got to worry less about it. She is safe and taken care of, and I don’t see you downing four shots so you’d buzzed until morning.” Or more accurately, that she kept alcohol in her system until then. She wouldn’t be buzzed after eight hours, but she knew better than to get super particular. She could do it, but ti wasn’t necessary.

Are you gonna have anything?” She also asked about snacks.

I am good on snacks. I want a drink, yeah. I’m going to… not order a shot off the bat. Sounds like a poor idea, right? Right.” She instead went to the bar, holding Lyric’s hand, and ordered herself a drink. It would take longer to down. Ian wasn’t worried about Lyric getting drunk and kissing some random girl. Or really getting drunk at all. “You can get a snack if you like, Люблю.

--------------------

See Your Face
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Lyric Stuart
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 06:44 PM
Newcomer
Yuki

The soft rub of Ian's thumbs into the tops of her shoulders, however bare as they were, made Lyric melt a little into her wife's touch and hum. She leaned her head to her right shoulder and rubbed her cheek against her fingers before squeezing her shoulder and cheek together to lightly clasp Ian's fingers. "I know... It's just hard... I don't wanna do anything that's going to mess her up..." Sure, her doctor had said that some alcohol hadn't been bad, as long as it wasn't hard liquor, and that some caffeine wasn't bad either, but Lyric's paranoia had been high about it even after Chloe's sudden take on solid foods. There were still the moments that Chloe wanted to breastfeed, and while Lyric had to deal with the new teeth and the stigma that came with continuing to nurse her toddler, she still encouraged it. There weren't many more months that she would have all to herself... There were few moments that beat the ones that involved holding her daughter and stroking her hair and cooing to her softly.

But Lyric was quickly distracted by Ian's want for a drink. In the years they'd been dating (and then married), Ian's habit of drinking was almost non-existent. Even Lyric tempted fate and more embarrassing moments by drinking more often than Ian, and she had stopped just after their first kiss. "No, no, I'm okay," she answered in regards to the snacks that Ian was trying to tempt her with while they moved to the bar, "I was just curious what you were doing." She looked at the bartender and ordered her own drink, a Long Island Iced Tea, and squeezed Ian's hand below the bartop. "So, Mrs. Stuart," she started, coming close to Ian and poking her affectionately on the tip of her nose, "I say that after drinks, we get some dancing in. Or something. Or just talking about anything besides baby clothes.". A grin found itself attached to her face and Lyric sat on the stool behind her. "I know this isn't totally your scene... But I'm glad we could come out tonight..." Her fingers wiggled slowly, the pads of her fingertips stroking the back of Ian's hand. "I've missed having you all to myself."

--------------------
PM
^
Ianthe Stuart
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 07:48 PM
Townie
Jaya

Lyric was basically the cutest human. Or maybe Chloe was cuter, but the cutest adult human, that was Lyric. Even while Lyric was fussing about things that weren’t that big of a deal. Especially in these moments. Where she could simply take for granted that things would work out and not worry so hard, but she could not. She had to fuss and fret and worry his little blond head because she cared so much. She had one of the largest capacities for love that Ian had ever known, if not the largest, and she would not want anyone else to be a mother to her child.

You’re the most spectacular woman,” she informed Lyric, not even sure she was being loud enough to be properly heard. It didn’t really matter. She felt it, that was enough for right now. Lyric was melting, leaning against Ian. Not pressing herself hard, just taking refuge in the affection. Lightly, but confidently safe in their moment. No matter how loud and busy their surroundings. They could certainly stand to get out more, but they did enjoy their own little bubble.

Lyric began talking at the bar, poking Ian on the nose. Ian smiled at her. Drinks and then dancing. And not talking about baby clothes. She’s getting into big girl clothes, not just baby clothes, Ian considered. She kept it to herself. That would be counterproductive. Getting them on the topic of their growing child. No, Lyric was quite right. They would not fall into that, they would be wives, not parents, in this moment. Even as the parenting never went away.

I don’t mind. I used to go to dance clubs when I was in college. I’d sit and get hit on by random dudes…” she laughed, “and go on the floor and dance. High heels, skinny jeans, tight tops, all my earrings. You don’t know this, but I liked getting dolled up at night.” Ian laughed, she was going to blow Lyric’s mind, “Just not as like… a daytime thing. I mean, dressing up is fine, its just not my normal. I would be quite happy to dance with you.” She took a long sip from her drink and held Lyric’s hand.

--------------------

See Your Face
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply