February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Funny running into you..., Tag: Colton Spade
Laylah Stone
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 02:09 AM

((( Outfit )))

It was not a particularly long drive. A few hours, even in traffic, and she was back home again standing on the front step of her best friends apartment, frowning at the texts on her phone. As soon as her location had changed on Facebook everyone she'd ever known had begun texting her, which wouldn't have been an issue if she hadn't purposefully left this kind of thing behind. Texts to her phone, and dozens to her facebook, all asking what she was up to, why she was in the city, were her and Jordan going to try again. Why any of them gave a crap was beyond her, but it was needless to say that by the time Rachel opened her door Laylah's mood had gone from somewhat bright and chipper, despiteher previous three hour drive, to sour and in need of a finding the bottom of a tub of ice cream.

It was somewhere between griping about nosey people, spoonfulls of ben and Jerry's, and her phone dinging off the hook on the counter nearby that her friend suddenly seemed to remember something..miraculously. She'd thought it would be a great idea for Laylah, while she was in the city, to hit up this blind date thing. Oh, and she had forgotten to mention this part, but she'd actually already signed her up, made sure she knew where the date was going to happen, and booked to have her hair done. Not that Laylah wasn't capable of doing her own hair, but Rachel was the kind of person who thought that the best way for a woman to feel her best was by going out of her way with her appearance. That was probably how Laylah ended up with taut spiral curls of blonde hair poised around her face and head. It was also why, after insisting she had not packed anything date worthy, that Laylah Stone now sported an entirely new outfit, because who didn't need a full new outfit for a date with a guy she'd likely never see again?

It had only really been a few days since her last forray into humiliating herself in front of a guy, and though she'd told that horror story to her friend in an effort to get her out of this particular commitment, all it had gotten was a 'well did you call him?', to which she had to admit she hadn't gotten his number. Hell she hadn't even gotten the guys name, she'd called him Jumanji for crying out loud. Rachel found this hilarious, and labeled it adorable, and it was at that point that Laylah excused herself to get ready for the date, otherwise there would be more talk about mystery Jumanji guy in the library, and she wasn't about to give him any more thought than she already had.

Now she was standing at the front entrance of the Dave and Busters, frowning at the little paper heart she was holding in her fingers like a calling card. That was all the instructions she had. Stand there and wait, hold the heart, look like a crazy person. At least she'd put thought into her outfit, dark jeans, jean jacket, the small bralet style top she wore beneath said jacket. 53 degrees might seem cold to some, but for Laylah, whom had grown up in New York City, this was particallry t-shirt weather. It was also potentially rainy, but she hadn't bothered with any type of umbrella. After all Dave and Busters was indoors, wasn't it? She was, of course, just standing around outside, holding a palm sized paper hart in her fingertips in front of her like a label.

With a sigh, Laylah pulled her phone out of her pocket and tapped it to life, eyeing the text Rachel had sent, before rolling her eyes and stuffing it away once more. No, he hadn't arrived yet, nevermind that Laylah had only been standing there for two and a half minutes. Rachel was more impatient than she was.
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 02:51 AM
Local
Riva

You know those schemes you get wrapped up in because you can't say no and your older brother freaking knows that? Yeah, it was one of those things. Dorien said he had a wedding to hit up in NYC and wanted some company for the car ride to and from--- because of course Colt had nothing better to do than ride in the car three hours both freaking ways just so, he knew, his brother could get fucking laid at a wedding.

Ten to One odds said Dorien didn't even stay at the hotel room he had booked. And Colton, knowing his brother, had told him the only way he'd freaking tag along for this misadventure is if he had his own room booked separate from Dorien. Because he wasn't going to be sleeping one bed over while his brother was getting it on with whatever date he had brought back from the wedding. Also Dorien wasn't allowed to have a key to his room---- because he'd fucking been there before.Freaking guy had no limits of how far he was willing to go to prank Colton, which is precisely how he'd ended up nearly shooting his brother when Dorien grabbed his ankles from under his own bed in the middle of the fucking night.

Seriously.

He needed to take away his spare apartment key. Where the hell did Dorien get all his time and energy from!?

Well whatever.

His first clue that something else was up should have been that, when he told Dorien he wanted the other room, Dorien had agreed with absolutely no arguing. ... Suspicious.

Second clue was when Dorien told him to pack a semi-nice outfit in case Colton ended up tagging along to the wedding reception, although he had made it clear he didn't want or need to be at the wedding reception and had planned on staying in his hotel room the entire time, bingeing on bad t.v. and equally as bad food. ...Why did he need semi-nice clothes to do that?? Dorien had also specified that it shouldn't be a shirt with anything donut related on it. Pfft.

Finally, the last clue should have been when his mother called him and told him she hoped he had fun on the trip. Which wasn't exactly strange in itself, but the tone she used was... was what? An octave higher? A bit squeaky? It was her excited voice. Colton had heard it enough times in his life to know his mother was up to something.

He didn't start to question Dorien on it until they were nearly in New York City, and Dorien played dumb.

Until they got into their hotel. Then he smacked Colton square on the chest with the back of his hand with a little brown paper heart and told him to get dressed and follow the directions. Then he just... just left him there, standing in the lobby, looking lost and confused.

Mother fucking blind date. Again. And Dorien' had been in on it! That jerk. That twat. That .....jerktwat!

Colton decided, ultimately, that he was only showing up to keep some poor girl from standing out in the possible rain that was due while she waited for a date. Being stood up was the worst. He couldn't do that to someone. There were some people he wished he had, but..that was the problem with blind dates. You didn't know who was going to show up.

.... Totally the only reason he was going. And nothing to be nervous about. Even if he still was. He Taxi'ed to the date place and after nearly forgetting his umbrella in the Taxi, had a bit of a time sliding sideways out of it. Getting in and out of cars was generally easier for him when it was a hair lower like his Firebird and he also had something to push against- like the steering wheel, or the dashboard. But make it out he did, and after he shut the door and paid his fare it was a matter of walking about ten feet to the door of his destination. He flicked the little paper heart against his thumb repeatedly as he walked towards game place's entry, but stopped about five feet short of it when he caught sight of a woman with a similar paper heart held up like a sign at the airport.

It didn't take much brain racking to remember the woman from the Library. She'd been on his mind a fair share for one reason or the other. None that he wanted to get in too deep about right then but the first thing that sprung to mind was her laugh paired with that brilliant smile. .... Holy crap.

He'd never gotten her name.

His hesitation was momentary and rather than finding his feet unwilling to move like the last time he'd been tossed into one such situation, Colton moved a little closer and smiled, then seemed to be stuck on pause. Words. This was the part where words came out of his mouth. "Hello." Yes. Perfect. That was a good place to start.

((Outfit))

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laylah Stone
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 09:11 AM

There were a series of good questions happening in her head at the moment. What was she doing right now? Why was she standing outside of this building holding a paper heart up like an insane woman? How the hell had Rachel talked her into this, to begin with? The truth was probably more painful than she cared to admit and had a lot to do with the fact that she spent her nights talking to her dog like he could comfort her in some way, and was painfully aware of her currently lonely existence. So there she was, holding up a little paper heart, thinking about her pathetic life, trying not to look at every single face that passed her by because people watching tended to be a bit of a habit.

That was roughly about when she spotted him. At first, it was more of a 'blink twice to stop the delusion' moment, and she did an odd rapid sort of flutter of her lashes as she watched the guy make his way towards the entrance of the building. Second, came the thought process behind why on earth that particular guy would be meandering in her direction holding the same heart she was.

She had most definitely not told Rachel his name, because she'd not known it. Not to mention she hadn't even told her about the run in so it couldn't possibly be on purppose. Though she wouldn't have put it passed Rachel to begin with, it didn't seem likely. That, of course, left God just laughing his butt off somewhere right now while playing with his little human dolls. He spotted her and she automatically smiled, like an upward twitch of her lips that felt robotic in some way because her brain was otherwise occupied with trying not to remember all the awkwardness she had put herself through the last, and first, time she'd seen this guy.

"Jumanji." Unlike the first time she'd used it, she said it on purpose this time, lifting her hand to point in his direction, her other flashing the paper heart back and forth in front of her. "I take it I'm standing out here waiting on you?" Oh shoot, did that sound rude? No, maybe not so much rude as seriously clueless. Which, she supposed, wasn't very far from the fact, so at least she was on point with her own brain. "You certainly get around, don't you?"

If she could smack herself in the face at the moment, she completely would have. However she'd been through that mistake before, in the library, and she wasn't about to do it again. Instead she just took a small breath and tried for a more realistic gentle smile, and not the automatic tug of her lips she'd given him upon first seeing him.
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 10:44 AM
Local
Riva

"Jumanji." "Novella," responding to the nick name with the one he'd stuck her with and a smile. He was mindful of the sidewalk as he made his way over- firstly all the previous days of ice had brought on all the salt and sand the city used to combat it. He could feel it crunching under foot and crumble under the rubber end of his cane. Secondly it was freaking New York City. There was always something on the sidewalk and he didn't want to step in anything, be it gum or otherwise. Also puddles. He wanted to avoid those.

"I take it I'm standing out here waiting on you?" It could have been taken as rude, but Colt picked up on the tone and didn't take it as such, instead he chuckled lightly and lifted his paper heart up, "I'd think, unless there's someone else out there with a paper heart and I'm at the wrong location." He looked down at the paper token and shifted his umbrella under his arm, "In which case I think it's totally their loss." He looked up again, finding himself rather ....what? Pleased to be there? "Normally I try to avoid blind dates. But I'm glad I wasn't able to doge this one." He had seriously considered sending Dorien in his place for a few minutes there, but was very glad he hadn't now. Which felt strange to him considering ....well who the hell ever liked blind dates. With an almost flirting tone he added, "Feel like I'd be missing out if I had." God. He was so out of practice with flirting.

"You certainly get around, don't you?" With a pressed laugh of amusement Colton finally stood beside the woman without being so close as to invade any personal space. "Well not as good as I once did, but good enough." A milestone, to be sure. Joking about his injury or speed of movement was an exceptionally sore subject for him- no pun intended. Colton disliked it coming up in conversation and often refused to acknowledge it unless he absolutely had to. So the fact he'd just somewhat cracked a joke about it would have been a good sign, according to his therapist. He looked down to the paper heart in his hand and fluttered it between his thumb and index finger by rubbing them together with the paper pinched between them. "My name is Colton, by the way." He looked back up with a smile, adjusting his grip on his cane and shifting his weight enough to make a slight difference. He wasn't exactly heavily medicated but the temptation of the pills in his pocket was certainly there. "But I think I'm pretty stuck on Jumanji, too." The playful confession was added with a softer smile.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laylah Stone
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 11:03 AM

She should have been more disappointed, or at least she was sure she should have been. Up until roughly five minutes ago, she hadn't even wanted to be there, standing on the sidewalk in the cold, her fingers tilting a paper heart back and forth between them like some kind of sign at an airport. Yet, it seemed to ease when he popped out of the car. Likely, she supposed, because he was at least a faintly familiar face, and she had to, at the very least, appreciate that in and of itself. Sure, she'd made a complete and utter fool of herself the one and only time they had semi-met eachother, but it wasn't some cocky new yorker with a chip on his shoulder and a stick up his butt, so silver linings.

"Yeah." She couldn't help the small laugh at the nickname, giving her head a shake and lifting her hand to the top of it to smooth across the hair there. The curls she had put it in only flattened momentarily against her scalp, before springing back to life as she dropped her hand from them and lofted her eyebrows upwards. "I honestly hate to think that somehow there are just dozens of people standing around outside random places freezing to death waving paper hearts around." the idea was, admittedly, an amusing one, but she was fairly sure her friend had been in on this particular one, and that meant there wasn't likely a slew of people anywhere. Just them.

There was something in the way he said it was their loss, and that he was glad he hadn't dodged this one, that actually caused a slight warmth to heat up her cheeks. She could feel it, and thanked God quietly that it was rather cold outside and she could at least attempt to explain it away as the air getting to her. She did, however, drop her gaze and grin rather widely, giving her head a shake and twisting the paper heart between her fingers almost absent mindedly.

"Yeah...I do them sometimes, I guess. It's been a while since i've really been out." And now she sounded utterly pathetic and like a shut in, so that was a great way to begin the date. Taking a deep breath and letting it out between pursed lips at herself, she squinted towards the door, before her gaze fluttered back in his direction at his next statement. That brought the smile back, a small laugh leaving her lips as she shrugged. "I don't know, maybe I'm pretty boring." Without thinking about it she leaned in towards him with a grin, lowering her voice as it the next bit was a secret. "Then you'll be wishing you had avoided me soon."

Giving a soft laugh at herself as if she was just entirely so funny, even though she knew she wasn't, she tilted back to stand straight once more. It wasn't until he mentioned 'well not as good as I once did' that her eyes dropped to the cane and leg and she immediately shook her head and lifted her hand, her smile dissipating. "I seriously didn't mean...uh...what I meant was, you know, from Lochland to New York.." So not only was she going to make herself look boring, pathetic, but now insensitive.

Lifting her hand she cupped it around the opposite arm, fingers gently rubbing the surface for a second, her eyes danced away to look around at the crowded area, before she was looking back towards him, tilting her head and sending the mane of curls bouncing in that direction. "Colton." She repeated the name with a smile, her head bobbing in a slow nod, her hand dropping from her arm to hold out towards him, even as she gave an awkward little laugh at his admission of liking the nickname. "I don't think I was thinking very hard when I said that. I'm Laylah.."
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 10:17 PM
Local
Riva

"Yeah...I do them sometimes, I guess. It's been a while since i've really been out." His response was immediate but soft, "Well that makes two of us then. I don't get out much..." More than he did in the past two years, but no where near enough to appease his family, friends, or doctors. ... But they could all shove it. He'd become somewhat of a recluse since his accident and that was the main reason why. It wasn't like he could go hiking, or rock climbing, or do hardly half the things he could do before the accident. Hell he couldn't even drive have the time and either had to Uber to work or get someone to take him in. He didn't enjoy either of those options. And being in such a small town had it's ups and downs. Ups, he supposed, because he hardly had to Uber to work since most people were kind enough to offer him a ride. Downs because, hell, everyone offered him freaking rides.

Laylah. Finally a name to go with a face. He reached out when she offered her hand and shook it, pretty sure this was the first time he'd ever shaken hands on a blind date. But hey, it wasn't a big deal. Against the cold the warmth of her hand in his was pleasant- or was it just the whole... holding someone's hand? Well not holding, just shaking hands. Yeah. But he let it linger, some what absentmindedly, "And I know what you meant," he gave a boyish grin and shook his head, "It's alright." "So... inside?" His hand with the paper heart swept towards the entrance, and if Laylah was in agreeance of going in, Colton made sure he was the one to open the door and held it open for his date.

The interior of the building was somewhat dark, especially coming in from the brightly lit street outside. Inside the building was bedazzled in lights from the many, many arcade games and Neon lights that dotted the walls with movie posters from decades gone by. As one's eyes adjusted they would find the establishment dim yet welcoming- noisy but exciting, not so crowded but filled with enough patrons to avoid looking sketchy. The arcade games ranged from the classics of pinball and box systems that were now days found in laundromats, to a virtual reality system set up on a fenced in platform. The smell of popcorn was the first and strongest scent that wafted through the air, but a look over the menu which was hand painted on the wall above the food counter would show they served far more than just the snack good. The full bar didn't hurt anything, either.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Laylah Stone
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 05:19 AM

If she could have smacked herself in the forehead without looking like she'd lost her mind she would have done just that in that moment. He barely answered her, and she felt like she couldn't have put her foot any further into her own mouth. Letting loose a very small sigh, she glanced around the area with a small smile and slowly nodded as he said he knew what she had meant. Well at least she hadn't accidentally offended the guy, so there was that. The grasp of his hand on hers lingered, and she was struck with the warmth of it wrapped around her fingers. Pleasent in the moment, a nice contrast to the cold air of New york City.

"Oh! Yes! Better than standing around out here freezing our butts off." She agreed with a nod of her head, both hands moving to toy with the paper heart back and forth all over again as she turned about in the direction he was indicating. A smile danced over her lips again as he made his way to open the door, and she said a soft "Thank you." and gave him a nod of her head as she slipped through and into the warmer interior of the dimly lit room, filled to overflowing with bright lighted games, and displays of patterned screens all designed to capture the attention of the people in attendance.

"Well this is one heck of a dating spot." She said it with a soft laugh, her eyes dancing as they turned towards him and she lifted her eyebrows upwards over both of her pale eyes. "I'm not sure where to even start right now. I guess we can't just stand by the front door all night, that would be awkward."
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll