February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Make it Happen!, Plot with Darrell and Arturo!
Riva
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 08:33 PM
Riva

I shot you a PM on your Asa account : o

--------------------
PM
^
Charles Red Fish
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 07:26 PM
Stranger
Thoth

user posted image
*offers a basket of freshly pulled plot bunnies?*

So! I just thought that I would toss this out there. I currently have a new character, Charles Red Fish, who is currently making ends meet by street performing but is also an experienced pickpocket. Seeing as Darrell is the unassuming town baddie, wondered if maybe he had use for a thief? Charles is desperate to get out of Lochland Grove but comes up against many roadblocks. Figure maybe he could use someone to get into trouble with?

If interested, feel free to PM me and we are plot something!

Just thought I'd ask. If not, feel free to ignore. Just, like, don't eat the plot bunnies until they are ripe. >.>

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 05:46 AM
Newcomer
Asa

Oh wow you already have three characters xD I love bunnies, I've had a few, they're fun pets.

user posted image

Darrell isn't much into pick pocketing, it's a little small time, but he is a private contractor, for his legit business lol he just goes around and performs electrical and welding and carpentry jobs. Being a private contractor with no legit written documentation people can underpay or refuse to pay him. He can usually tell when someone is going to be shady and not pay him and he will steal things from the house and pawn them for the money. He could also steal things from their cars lol Apparently secondary cell phones are big business, could "employ" Charles to lift a few phones from indebted clients to repay him. But Idk how Darrell would know Charles was a pick pocketer unless he maybe witnessed him. I'm open for ideas.

--------------------
PM
^
Charles Red Fish
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 05:24 PM
Stranger
Thoth

Haha! Yeah. Three characters. Sometimes my muse cannot help itself. xD And I love bunnies too! But I've never owned one. I've just had guinea pigs.

user posted image
(Not this many! I swear!)

As for the plot, that was actually what I was considering. If Darrell witnessed Charles' pickpocketing skills, then maybe he could approach him for employment? Charles puts on a lot of street performances, either with dance of sleight-of-hand tricks. Darrell could stop by or just glance and spy Charles snagging someone's watch or wallet. Of course Charles is desperate enough to get out of Lochland Grove that he may take any work coming his way, even illegal work such as getting money for Darrell.

Besides, Charles dislikes most well-off people, and those that go back on deals. He can easily justify stealing for Darrell so that he gets paid because its what he deserves.

Just thoughts, though!

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 01:57 AM
Newcomer
Asa

Guinea pigs are adorable! Sorry for the wait on this >.> I thought I replied xD

I think that would work out great, I'll come up with some wild story that ended with him not getting paid by some rich asshole lol and they can meet after he sees Charles swipe a wallet xD it'll be a riot.

--------------------
PM
^
Charles Red Fish
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 12:28 PM
Stranger
Thoth

Lol it's no problem! I'm more than patient!

I had guinea pigs to keep me company. wink.gif

Haha I love the idea. I'm sure that Charles will make a capable thief. Shall I start? Or would you rather wait until a less busy time? Just let me know. happy.gif

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 10:31 PM
Newcomer
Asa

You can start, that would be great wink.gif yay weekend!

--------------------
PM
^
Charles Red Fish
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 12:23 AM
Stranger
Thoth

Here you go, Asa!

I hope that this works for you. If you need edits, let me know. biggrin.gif

A Particular Set of Skills

--------------------
PM
^
Arturo Reyes
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 09:42 PM
Townie
Asa

I have added Señor Reyes!

--------------------
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 12:36 AM
Head Moderator
Jaya

Eeeeeeeeh dry.gif
Not sure what that was about, hi.
Long app, interesting though, very detailed. So I tend to go with what characters I think of while reading if I do ever say anything, and apparently he struck me enough I wanted to say something.

So there’s Seraphim, who you have no experience with, and Blake, who you have minimal experience with.

Seraphim Drake – Can’t say that I think she’s religious, but she is pretty moral/ethical and all those good things. I sometimes jokingly refer to her as an angel because her name, and also the girl can be a bit too much of a saint. Really, she could stand to not be so selfless… it can’t be good for her. Anyway, she is connected to the police force. She avoided them very heavily for a long time because she had to use a fake ID up until Fall of 2015. She is extremely social and likes to know everyone in her apartment complex, and she’s been living there since March 2013. So someodd months before him, actually, in the same year. I imagine she would have been a bit awkward knowing Arturo was a cop but been friendly to him, and then after… mid 2016 she started hanging around the police station in town more often. So by the time he worked in town she was familiar. She might also have tried to talk to him more after the end of 2015 when she was pregnant because she didn’t have a fake ID anymore… yay real IDs! Or something. But yeah, they live in the same apartment complex. So like, be social.

Blake Gutierrez – She met Darrell. Twice. She actually thinks he is nice. Her boyfriend hates him because he gave her drugs ever. But her boyfriend also hates cops because he does a bunch of dumb stuff. So… both ends of the spectrum and he has an issue with them both. But Blake is not her boyfriend, that would be weird. Blake’s parents were illegal immigrants, and she hasn’t seen them since she was eight. Hates them for it. Many issues, and she ended up in a very “don’t trust the cops” Mexican community in her teen years, but she likes Arturo’s stance on that. Plus she’s would potentially gravitate toward Mexican things, which includes him, and she’s like stressed out of her mind right now so she could use something to do.

Options! biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Arturo Reyes
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 01:54 AM
Townie
Asa

Hi! Yeah it was a long app, I wrote Arturo on another site back in 2016 so he's pretty developed already lol he's also almost 50, looots of history to write biggrin.gif

OOOOOH I was like that name is familiar, Seraphim is a sorta kinda neighbor lol yeah I'm sure they've met a time or two, maybe late at night in the laundry room when he's standing there trying not to fall asleep after a long day at work xD but yeah I would like for him to get to know his neighbors. It would be funny if she first met him to maybe welcome him to the "neighborhood," found out he was cop and was suddenly very leery of him, he would think that was odd >_> lol I see she works at Gertie's, Arturo probably took his family there a time or two, especially if his daughter was home from college for the weekend. Could have a thread where they've never really spoken at length to one another, just in passing and are practical strangers but feel like they weirdly know each other at the same time, I know I've had "relationships" with people like that before xD "Oh him, he's cool!" "What's his name?" "Hell if I know." lol

Oh my goodness Blake, speaking to two people her bf hates xD I've kind of been trying to keep up with her (and a few other characters on the site) I kinda have an idea what's going on (been too busy to stalk as much as I would like lol) it would be nice for them to meet, if only so she has someone she feels like she can talk to, some unsuspecting stranger xD I sometimes tell strangers way too much about myself if I'm having a bad day, guilty! I feel bad for her though sad.gif I'm totally open for ideas here, just not 100% sure how they would meet lol is she still working at the grocery store? Maybe she just hears him walking around talking on his phone or something?

--------------------
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 05:47 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

A neighbor in the sense of the same apartment complex but not the same floor, yeah. Gotta share that laundry time though. She wouldn’t be super suspicious, it wasn’t like she was dealing drugs or anything. She just… wouldn’t want to spend any more time with him to have unnecessary risk. Although personal life is a bit different than professional life, so the risk would be less. She was already friendly with cops that came in to the diner. We could do that thread where they don’t really know each other but are familiar enough to think they do. She would have made an effort to socialize at him more starting when he got his job in Lochland Grove though.

Is Blake one of your channels? tongue.gif Well the short version is, she went on tour with her band, came back, told her boyfriend she was pregnant(which she realized while on tour), he has been struggling under the pressure of “now you’re going to have a family!” And uh… Blake is stressed because of her support being distant and stressed. Also because pregnancy. She does still work at the grocery store, yes. She might have a stool to sit on because she has issues with her health and doesn’t want to push it. She has an accent so its not as if she sounds like English is her first language, if she heard him talking… she could stand to ask him where he is from or something. It would be a start. They’d need to interact again later for her to actually say too much, and it would depend on her emotional state.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Arturo Reyes
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 04:39 PM
Townie
Asa

Cool! So they've met a handful of times but don't "know" each other. Maybe she's seen him in the restaurant with his family but then he's home alone without his family >.> that could raise some curiosity. They could strike up a conversation about kids, since she would suspect he had children of his own and she had Lainey. Could also talk about something perhaps that happened recently in town that involved police intervention, maybe she just wants to give a late congrats on his job since he FINALLY got one with LGPD lol Lots to talk about biggrin.gif but the where could be nailed down to possibly the laundry room, maybe or somewhere else, maybe he's just out for a walk on a rare day off or something random like that smile.gif

She is xD I like her solo posts as well, I can't read everything and everyone but I like to keep up with everybody. Is her music radio worthy? Maybe his son has mentioned her or something if he heard her on the radio ohmy.gif Arturo probably recently went halfies on a car for him somewhat recently xD might come back and bite him because the kid wants to go back to CA. I like the idea of the grocery store encounter, he's talking to someone else he bumped into or on the phone with someone and Blake overhears and we can go from there biggrin.gif

I can start these ohmy.gif just need dates that will work for you!

--------------------
PM
^
Jaya
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 11:08 PM
Head Moderator
Jaya

Sure, definitely curious... we could do a somewhat past thread, after the first time she sees him working at the local station, and then in the laundry room. She would want to say something soon, so that is an option if you wanted to thread that point in time.

Blake... let's see... first, I am flattered that you like them. They're almost entirely for my benefit as a very involved journal. Her music is... "underground." They do shows primarily in NYC, some in Hartford, and have done one in Lochland Grove. So Vincent could either have been to a show, or have friends that have. Blake is also initially from California... I feel like she might actually have met his kid and they'd be chummy and that could be its own angle. Or... also funny, they meet at the store, talk, then he ever mentions Blake to his son and his son is like "... but I know who that is." or whatever. Amusement abounds, just trying to figure it out. Any date for Blake works.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll