February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

Bake Sale, Tag: Teagan Landry
Grace Miller
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 11:56 AM
Newcomer
Shade

One thing Grace had liked about the school's little fundraisers is that it was a chance to meet her colleagues at the school. With all the grades being taught in various places, she hadn't got to know a lot of the other teachers. While Grace wasn't the most social person, she liked the idea of August Whitmore itself being a sort of community, and one that focused on the education of youths.

Today's fundraiser was a bake sale. With a little help from her daughter, Hannah, Grace baked a number of cookies and brownies for the event. Grace had learned to bake from her mother, as in a community as religious as the one she grew up in, there wasn't a lot to do for fun some days, and so Grace had spent it in the kitchen. She had gotten pretty good at it herself over time.

Grace smiled at Hannah as the two put out the rest of the treats on their table. Grace had been told that one of the other teachers, a Teagan Landry, would be helping out in her space. She had yet to meet him, so she looked forward to it.

"Can I have a brownie, Mommy?" asked Hannah.

"Now you had two before we arrived here," said Grace. She then sighed. "But if you're good, you can have one after lunch."

"Yay!" said Hannah, who then took a seat at the table.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 09:50 PM
Local
Jaya

There were few things that Teagan did as much as he worked. Maybe breathing was the only thing that actually came there. Thinking was possible, but did people really believe that Teagan was thinking all the time? He must not be thinking all the time to be working so much. After all, if he were thinking all the time, he would be smart enough to come up with a more practical way to handle his schedule. Instead he was intentionally busy with work. Now that the spring semester was starting up, he was grateful for the distraction of heading back into work.

Just grading papers wasn’t enough work, apparently, and so Teagan had agreed to help with a bake sale. He must be near the top of some list of teachers to ask to do everything. He never seemed to go even a month without getting asked to help out with some task or other after school. Whether it be his own tutoring, supervising a study hall, supervising an elementary school science fair, helping at homecoming, or any other thing, he couldn’t think of a time he’d actually said no. Was he free? Yes. Was he willing? Sure. So here he was, in a sweater and jeans, more casual than his usual work attire, his old briefcase replaced with a small plastic sack of some items, and his coat unzipped while he was inside. He removed it as he noticed where he was supposed to be sitting.

What Teagan expected was to see another teacher, a woman who taught the younger age range. What he did not expect to see was a small child at the table. He approached the table from the side, not the front, “Hello.” He spoke with a Cajun accent which was slightly more evident due to his confusion, “I’m Teagan, I’m… guessing you’re Ms. Miller and that is…?
[Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 10:27 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace trusted her daughter to be good, but she frowned when she saw how Hannah eyed the brownies. She wondered if it was the best idea to bring her daughter, but Hannah really wanted to help and Grace couldn't say no to that. Grace thought of a way to distract her.

"So what did you think of the Kindergarten rooms I showed you?" she asked. "You're going to be in one of them in August. You'll be in a class like the one I teach."

"I can't wait!" she said. "I liked the room with the art board. I can't wait to draw some pictures to put up there!"

"Well you do draw some nice pictures," smiled Grace. "I like your green duck on the fridge."

"Me too!" she said. "That was my favorite to draw." Hannah said that almost every time she drew a new picture.

Hannah then looked over to see a handsome gentlemen who seemed focused on Hannah for a moment. He then introduced himself. revealing himself as the teacher she was working with. She blushed a bit at his accent.

"Um... yes, I'm Ms. Miller... well Grace... actually... if you want to call me that," she said. Great, she was getting nervous. She did that around some adults, but tried to avoid it with her colleagues. "It's nice to meet you. And this is my daughter, Hannah. She helped me bake for the sale."
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 12:32 AM
Local
Jaya

Ms. Miller, or Grace. Generally adults likes being called by their first name by their peers. And then there were the ones who liked being called by their first name by everyone because it made them feel old otherwise. Also the people who wanted to be called by a title because they earned that title. Generally doctors… doctorates, specifically, not physicians. That was Teagan’s experience, but that did not mean it was universally true. He spent most of his time with students, and so he was called Mr. Landry by more people than not.

Teagan pulled a chair so that he would be sitting with Grace between him and the child. There was a something to be said about keeping a small child between adults, but seeing as Teagan didn’t know this small child, he wasn’t going to put her between him and her mother. This was Hannah, Grace Miller’s daughter… she helped bake. Hm. “Nice to meet the both of you. Hannah.” He gave a small nod to her. He wouldn’t be rude. To Grace he spoke again though, “Is she planning to stay here the whole time?

Teagan had never had a child or sibling in the house under the age of six. He didn’t teach small children, although he had substitute taught for younger ages a number of times. Being cooped up at a table for hours sounded like asking for a tantrum, or torture. Neither of which seemed particularly fun for the involved parties. He didn’t exude any sort of nervousness, he didn’t anticipate that the girl would actually be stuck there the whole time, and even if he did, he wasn’t usually a visible anxious person.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 06:08 PM
Newcomer
Shade

When Grace was asked by Teagan if Hannah was staying the whole time, she picked up the vibe that Teagan felt a bit uncomfortable about Hannah being there. Maybe that was just Grace's own anxiety meeting a new colleague... or really a new person in general. Before she could answer, a five year old from Grace's neighborhood who played with Hannah ran over.

"Hey Hannah!" said the girl. "We're playin' on the playground. You wanna come?"

"Is one of the teacher's watching you all?" asked Grace. The girl confirmed this, and then Grace turned to Hannah. "Okay, you can go, but make sure you're where the teacher can see you, okay?" Hannah smiled and nodded before dashing off. Grace then sat quietly for a moment before turning to Teagan.

"I hope my daughter's presence wasn't a problem," she said. "I was going to get her a sitter, but she kept insisting on helping out." Grace took a deep breath. She didn't like being no blunt, especially if she were simply assuming that Teagan felt that way. "Sorry, I just thought that maybe... well nevermind." She then formed a smile. "So what do you teach, Teagan?" She hoped the small talk might settle the awkwardness she probably created.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 01:55 PM
Local
Jaya

Apparently a teacher was randomly watching some kids playing outside. Teagan was surprised at how things fell into place. He was surprised that a teacher was supervising random kids. They must have been wrangled into this recently. However it happened, it was convenient. Grace asked about this, and once her daughter had run off she turned her attention back to Teagan. He assumed that since Hannah had been so quick to run off, she would not have had the patience to stay at the bake sale for the duration anyway.

I hope my daughter’s presence wasn’t a problem.” Apparently Grace would have left her with a sitter, but was swayed by her daughter’s instance. He wondered what that was like. Robin had never been the sort to insist on anything. He was mostly just painfully quiet. She apologized again and trailed off.

Having no desire to see a woman uncomfortable, Teagan put on a big smile and waved a hand to dismiss the concern. “No worried, mon cher. I simply figured a little girl wouldn’t have the attention span to sit here being bored for too long. I would not have enjoyed it at her age. Or my closest estimation of her age,” he admitted.

Grace asked what he taught, “I teach Spanish to the high schoolers. Sometimes I substitute in other areas. I used to do that before I was hired on full time. What about yourself?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:34 AM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace hated made a bad impression on someone. Maybe she should have kept Hannah with a sitter. Teagan was right. Hannah would have been bored sitting there, and it would have probably become an issue.

"She just loves to be involved with my life," she said. "I know she'll grow out of that eventually, but it's nice to have those few years when you're the coolest person in you daughter's life."

Teagan then spoke of what he did. Grace smiled a bit when he said he taught Spanish. She had been trying to teach her daughter a little bit of Spanish and French, simple words to begin with.

"Sounds like you have quite a full plate," she said. "I don't know if I could teach high school kids. I teach first grade, and it can be a challenge in itself. A welcomed challenge, but a challenge nonetheless." Grace wouldn't trade her profession for anything, but there were those days.

A customer walked up and check out the baked goods. Grace rose from her seat and smiled.

"What sort of brownies do you have?" asked the woman.

"Fudge, Caramel, and Peanut Butter," said Grace. She then motioned to a tray. "Want to try a sample?" The woman did and smiled before looking over the wrapped ones again.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll