October 2016 Featured RPG
November 2016 Featured RPG
February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

The Charity Ball arrives on the 11th, complete with a 6 course meal and a glamorous Bachelor Auction.

Forth of July celebrations have an unusual participant, bats and bees need our help, and.. a dead man was found in the ice chest of an ice cream truck?

Check out the Times to learn more!

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

The 4th Annual Charity Ball

Put on your tuxes and ballgowns and come enjoy the fanciest party in Lochland Grove. A six course meal and dancing; all for a good cause.

Pet Walk

Chirp Squeak Meow is organizing a Walk for Animals; a 2.5-mile walk around Unity Park. Come walk your dog for charity!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 16th
The Auction is done!

July 12th
The newspaper is Out!.

July 11th
OH! a Charity Ball!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Late Night Carnival Lights, Minuit Estelle
Colton Spade
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 07:34 PM
Local
Riva

” T’ank goodness it is the kind wit’ a curtain. I ‘ope it is cozy.” Cozy? Obviously she had never done one of these before. Then again Colton hadn't crammed into one of these things since, oh, the early 2000's maybe? The last time he had it'd been him and his siblings. Squeezing seven people of various sizes in had not been easy! He stepped in after Minuit and pressed to one side, allowing her room to get comfortable. He was fine with sitting more or less on the ledge of the seat. "We'll it's like a classic," He grinned as she fed the machine a few bills, "Everyone should have at least one string of photos like this."

"It's the lighting that makes it," He added playfully. But she was right, no photographer in their right mind would probably use this sort of lighting. The booth was certainly one of the older ones with a single flash bulb rather than a soft flash.

"I'm alright with being beat," A playful tone again, but before he could get out much more the screen in front of them buzzed to life with a large 3 on it, intending to count down till their first photo.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:12 PM
Newcomer
Kat

*click*

Minuit composed her features carefully, going for a ‘I’m having a great time’ face with a hint of ‘i’m sexy as hell’. Leaving the right memory was important to her. Even if this was the only date they ever went on she wanted to be a good one. One picture, two pictures, three pictures, four.

”Wow t’at went fast.” It seemed to fly by with quick count downs between. ”I’m almost disappointed I ‘ave to leave t’is nice cozy box so quickly.” Her eyes laughing, she gave his hand a squeeze. ”Let’s see ‘ow bad t’ey are.?” Outside there was a humming noise, but it took a few minutes for the pictures to appear. They were playful portraits with character and entery. Minnie was silently impressed. ”We look great, but I won’t let me distract you. It’s time for anot’er game.” The little pictures were swept into her purse, and then she was off.

”Let’s try out t’at ring toss.” This wasn’t exactly her specialty either. ”We’ll see who tosses rings better.” Waving a few dollar bills in the direction of the game venders, she was quickly handed 5 rings for 3 dollars. Her long fingers played with the first ring. It spun around her fingers a few times, falling onto her wrist clumsily. ”oops.” Laughing, she then grabbed the ring and tossed. Miss.

1 down, 4 to go.

--------------------
PM
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 08:27 PM
Local
Riva

Colton was not surprised to see how whitewashed their faces looked when the photos printed out. Not only was it an older booth but the printer looked to be running low on ink- but that was fine, it had a somewhat nostalgic look to it. He also wasn't surprised to see his iris piratically looked silver in the flash. But he smiled when the little strip was held between them for easy viewing, "Not bad!" For the quality of the shot. But it was still fun and worth the money. No amount of selfie stick could capture the same essence that a photobooth could.

They were off to the next game and after Colt had passed a few of his own bills to the vendor after Minuit, he was awarded five rings just as she was. He grinned when her first ring missed, "I'll admit, this isn't exactly my forte." He shifted his footing and immediately winced before bringing his right leg inward after he'd just stretched it out. That was a big fat nope. Without missing a beat or dwelling on the pang of pain, Colt flipped his first ring into the sea of water jugs. It clanked around the jugs before pinging off onto the ground within the booth, "Heh, whoops."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 10:14 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The continued, ring after ring, and in the end Minuit managed to get two. The first was a concerning one that bounced everywhere. It seemed to be teasing Minnie the way she tended to tease others. Right left, spin, bounce... and... FINALLY fell into place. She watched it with baited breath, exhaling softly as it finally decided to land. The second? It went straight on as if it had always intended to be there. Minnie gasp in delight. ”Did you see T’at!?” She cried, turning to her date with an expression of amazement. ”T’at was an amazing shot!” Bouncing foot to foot, she did a quick spin. ”T’ank you.. t’ank you.. I’ll save my victory speech for the ride ‘ome.”

She was interrupted by a voice.

”Great job, Ma’am! Getting two gives you the grand prize! Pick your favorite toy!” She groaned inwardly, looking at the friendly fuzzy faces she’d been determined to avoid. Minnie’s eyes squinted slightly in indecision before suddenly brightening at the appearance of a cute little notebook and matching pen. ”T’at.” Yes, that would do. It was black and white stripped with a red rose. ”That’?” The sound of disbelief was evident. ”Mmhmmm.. It’s perfect.” Reaching into her purse, she pulled out the new pictures and set them neatly inside the book. ”I could use a planner.” Her eyes glanced to Colton with warmth

”So.. What should we ride first? Bumper cars? Spinning teacups?...... Merry Go Round?” The book was set safely inside her purse, ready to be opened at another time. ”I was t’inking about looking for a haunted ‘ouse or the tunnel of love... I bet t’ey are air conditioned.” She doubted there was anything like a tunnel of love. It sounded like an old fashioned concept, but an amusing one.

--------------------
PM
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 10:39 PM
Local
Riva

He'd lost! Well it was inevitable. Not like the Ring Toss was the easiest game out there, either. He'd been surprised when Minuit landed one ring around the jug's neck, but then when she landed a second? He was aptly impressed. Overall he still felt the game just had a certain amount of luck when it came to winning, but he wouldn't bring that up. She was so happy about it and her excitement was contagious, ”Did you see T’at!?” "Yes!" He laughed, "Well, I think winning this game gives you the power to choose."

”So.. What should we ride first? Bumper cars? Spinning teacups?...... Merry Go Round?”

"Buuuuut,"
He drew out, pushing both hands into his pockets and sucking air through his teeth, "I don't think Bumper cars are something I should be climbing into." He had enough issues climbing into a normal sized car, but climbing into a tiny car meant for crashing into others? It was an accident waiting to happen. He could just imagine his knee being knocked against the interior of the car after being t-boned. Just the thought made him shutter inwardly at the pain it would cause.

"Anything else though,"
He cut a hand through the air, "I'd be game for." She'd mentioned something about a haunted house or tunnel of love, something air conditioned. At that he had turned while speaking, scanning the area around them. A tunnel of love? Did those things actually still exist? The only mental image it brought to mind was something right out of a horror film...or was that a Seether music video...uh, or both? "There's something on the other side of the Ferris Wheel." That demonic thing.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 11:56 PM
Newcomer
Kat

While she was mindful of his injuries, Minnie wasn’t about to short-change her date. Only Colton could tell her what he could and couldn’t do; she’d just propose some ideas. Bumper cars? Spinning tea cups? Merry-go-round? "I don't think Bumper cars are something I should be climbing into." There, an answer. She made a mental note. "Anything else though, I'd be game for." Her green eyes sparkled with the challenge.

Hmm.. what to do then... "There's something on the other side of the Ferris Wheel." Minnie lifted her chin, craning her neck to see what he was looking at. ”hmm?? where? I see cotton candy-oh! We should get some cotton candy!” Gleefully she gestured in the direction of the cotton candy, a place next to the ferris wheel. ”Cotton candy is the perfect treat. It is light, easy to eat, and not ‘ard to ‘old... Since my ot’er ‘and ‘as been occupied all evening.” She gracefully reached out to take his fingers in her’s, slipping their palms together once more.

”I like t’is.” Her voice was low, sweet and slightly sultry.

”Let’s go get some cotton candy and you can show me t’is t’ing I don’t see.” The closer they got to the sweet treat, the more she pondered the ferris wheel. It was an end game to trips, when she was young. They’d get on the ferris wheel, enjoy the sites, then go get ice cream. It was a fond memory. The closer she got to it the more she wanted to ride it. ”I’m so glad you could come wit’ me tonight. One of my girls told me about it. I ‘adn’t planned on going at all, but I’m glad I did. T’is is just what I needed.” She was starting to wonder if she worked too much, but refused to believe it. Nobody got anywhere without working hard.

--------------------
PM
^
Colton Spade
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 10:18 PM
Local
Riva

”hmm?? where? I see cotton candy-oh! We should get some cotton candy!”

”Cotton candy is the perfect treat. It is light, easy to eat, and not ‘ard to ‘old... Since my ot’er ‘and ‘as been occupied all evening." ”I like t’is.” Feeling her hand slip into his once again was... it was nice. It was a sensation Colton had missed for just about two years now. It called up memory of the last time someone had held his hand. The situation hadn't been so light hearted. Deciding that it wasn't time to dwell on it and that he'd gotten along fine so far, Colt turned all his attention to Minuit once more.

”Let’s go get some cotton candy and you can show me t’is t’ing I don’t see.”

”I’m so glad you could come wit’ me tonight. One of my girls told me about it. I ‘adn’t planned on going at all, but I’m glad I did. T’is is just what I needed.” "It's a nice night out, I'm glad you invited me....I feel like it's just what I needed, too." He cast an eye towards the sky when they began to walk, swaying their hands back and forth, "Nice weather, nice atmosphere." He smiled as he turned his attention to his date and added teasingly, "The company isn't half bad either."

Weaving their way around the game booths and near the Ferris wheel, Colton motioned towards what he had spied earlier. Turned out it was neither a haunted house or a tunnel of love, but a Fun House. Still air conditioned, however, if the loud humming coming from somewhere behind it was any indication. "Well it isn't a haunted house." The outside of the building was painted brightly and, although Colton had the suspicion that the entrance had once sported a giant Clown's face with guests entering through a wide open grin, was now painted like a giant dog. It was only the cone shaped topper above the dog's head that made him suspect it was once a clown. It was left painted a bright yellow striped with red. So many people seemed to have been traumatized by clowns at some point in their life that he guessed it had been a PR move or something.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 01:41 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Those old fashion fantasies of carnivals could hardly live up to reality. Minnie know that. Television lied. Stories lied. In the end reality was what was in front of her, and she liked that. It let her create her own special world with experiences she wouldn’t get in a syndicated little plotline. Still, the idea of sitting in an air conditioned place with just the two of them and the darkness.. well, it sounded fun. "Well it isn't a haunted house." in front of them was a fun house. It looked old and colorful. That was all she could say for it.

” Hmm...”

The woman tucked her purse in close to her and glanced in the direction of the cotton candy, deciding that this wasn’t a place for treats. ”Let’s go. Maybe it will ‘ave something fun inside. If it tries to disappoint we’ll just ‘ave to make it fun.” She had no doubt that it was an option. Her footfalls made their way in that direction with quiet determination, determination that didn’t whither when she realized rides needed tickets. ”Oh.. look.” 2 tickets for this ride. Great. ”I t’ink I see a boot’ over t’ere. If you’ll keep our place in line, I’ll go get t’em.” It wasn’t that he didn’t think he could get them himself, she just knew that he’d insist on paying for something far more pricy later. .. and sometime she could get extra tickets for being goodlooking... which she did.

Minnie jogged cheerfully back with a purposeful pounce in her gate. She knew a run like that looked attractive. It was worth messing up her hair. ”I ‘ave t’em. Extra ones even. T’e man in t’e boot’ was so kind. ‘Ere.” She handed him two tickets and dumped the rest in her purse. ”T’at will make life easier. My fingers are now free for your ‘and again.” Her lips curled devilishly, retaking his hand in hers. ”I bet t’ey ‘ave funny mirrors. I keep t’inking of t’at movie Grease.” Her head tilted thoughtfully. ”T’ey ‘ave t’at dance number wit’ a fun ‘ouse in it.” A fun memory. ”My mot’er loved musicals. Anyt’ing was singing or dancing or bot’. She was a burlesque dancer. ‘Er ‘eart was in it.” She would always see her as sexy, talented, and noble. She came to America to try somet’ing new and try burlesque ‘ere. It’s where she met my fat’er.” They reached the front of the line and she gave up the two tickets she had ready for herself.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply