February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 16st
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Food, Glorious Food, Tag: Jaya, Teagan Landry
James Jordan
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 12:21 PM
Stranger
Caturae

James laughed at Teagan's joke, repeating, "Maybe the grass was just lazy..." to himself under his breath, shaking his head. "That's a good one. I wish Mrs Patterson's grass was more lazy, she seemed so sad when she told me how much of a mess it looked. I didn't think it looked like much mess really, it's only grass, but it was important to her." And if it was important to her, James was more than willing to help.

"Wow, you must be a relic, not having any social media." James joked back.

His attention was soon taken with the food and the decision of what to buy.

"Hmm.." James really wasn't good with spicy food and as much as he liked the sound of chorizo, he had a better idea. "That's settled, then. Can I have one of each of the tarts?" He smiled up at the person behind the stall, pointing to one each of the tarts he'd mentioned. When they wrapped in greaseproof paper, James turned around and passed one parcel over to Teagan, not bothering to ask before presenting it to him.

"You'll have to tell me how good it is." James informed him, "And how spicy it is too. Actually... it can't be that bad. Give me a bite." He changed his mind as quickly as he'd made it.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 12:08 AM
Local
Jaya

Teagan chuckled in amusement that James liked his joke that much. “Who is Mrs. Patterson?” Did he know? Did he recall? Nope. He drew a blank, so it was better to ask than not. He snorted when he was told that he must be a relic. “My quality of life has, surprisingly, not been effected. And like I said, I don’t keep in contact with anyone out of town, besides my son, so… it doesn’t really matter.” He physically saw people. Why did he need to read about if they were enjoying dinner, or having a baby shower? They could just call and tell him. Or email, if it was so important.

The tart situation moved very quickly. Teagan mentioned that he ate spicy food, and suddenly he was the sampler. He chuckled again, “Okay…” but before he’d even tried it, he had to laugh because James was asking for a bite. It couldn’t be that bad, he said. Teagan held it out for him, and tore off a part for himself. “I like it. I don’t think its that spicy.” But then again, he was very used to high spice foods. He didn’t eat them for every meal, but he could stomach a lot. Usually if he didn’t, it was because he didn’t want to bother his roommate’s palette. She was soft and fragile in effectively all regards, and if she wasn’t, he didn’t want to test and find out which.

Once James had had his test, Teagan took another piece off the tart to try, “So… how is it for you? And do you just not like spicy food or… have a sensitive stomach? I don’t really remember anything about it. But I don’t suppose you ever ate at our house.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Bisexual - High School Spanish Teacher - House
PMEmail
^
James Jordan
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 01:38 PM
Stranger
Caturae

Mrs Patterson was, of course, James' elderly neighbour - though he was yet to introduce her as such.

"My neighbour," he quickly explained, tone easy, "The one I was telling you about, who has the grass that needs cutting. I... don't know her first name, actually. I can't remember if she gave it to me or if I forgot. She's really sweet. I think she might have been slightly scared of Gabriel, but she was really nice to me. She told me all about her husband and how they met." James had listened very attentively, pleased to have the information bestowed upon him rather than seeing listening to an old lady's life story a chore. "Although, it was strange that the second time I saw her, she told me the same story. She probably forgot me!" He laughed.

James was always torn when it came to spicy food. It wasn't that he had an overly sensitive stomach and he wasn't picky when it came to food, but he didn't handle hot or spicy food too well. He tended to get very sweaty and very red and want to douse himself in a bath of ice cold water. He knew this, and yet he also thought that trying different and exotic sounding foods was something cool to do so he often did it anyway.

He shook his head. "I can't remember eating at your house either... but it was a long time ago. And no, no, my stomach's fine. It's mostly the whole mouth on fire situation." He gave a small laugh, "I trust you, though. I'll be fine! I'm sure it's not that spicy."

Rather than take the tart and then take a bite, James just took a bite from the tart while Teagan was holding it, assuming Teagan was holding it out for him. He even took hold of Teagan's wrist to angle it right. To others it might have seemed a strange thing to do but to James, it just seemed logical.

He made an appreciative sound when he'd backed away again, chewing his mouthful. It tasted very nice, the spiciness there but not too overwhelming. "It's good..." He was saying, pleased with himself for being able to handle it, before a second, unexpected wave of spiciness hit his mouth. He cleared his throat, brought his hand up to his mouth and coughed, trying to blink away the feeling that his eyes were going to water. "Oh. Oh, wow. That's.. it's got a kick to it." He coughed again, grinning through his obvious discomfort before quickly uncapping his bottle of green tea and taking a quick drink.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 03:06 PM
Local
Jaya

James’ neighbor was Mrs. Patterson, the one he’d mentioned, but not by name. James seemed pleased that she had told him all about meeting her husband, and not bothered that she’d forgotten. Teagan chuckled, “Well, she’s probably had a lot of time to tell stories, can’t always remember who you’ve told what.” Teagan was not old but he knew sometimes it was hard to keep track. You had to catalogue all your life events as compared to everyone you’d spoken to, after all. He could have guessed dementia, but that wasn’t the easiest possible answer, so he didn’t bother. “She seems nice though.

Teagan was taking in James’ answer about the food before rather quickly becoming distracted by James eating the food out of his hand. It was one of those things that he wouldn’t bother anyone by doing unless he was dating them. Just being very much in someone’s space, even in a rather… casual(?) sense. He wasn’t sure what to feel, although he realized it was just evidence that James was on a different wavelength. Teagan could not blame their former relationship for this because he would have been alarmed enough he probably would have dropped the food if James had tried that as a child.

So how was it? “Its good…” That washed away though, and James was soon struggling to handle the spice.

Oh…” Teagan cringed slightly, seeing that James was coughing and struggling, even if he was trying to act like everything was fine. “Um, sorry about that. I guess now I have a better idea of what you are good with. Um, I can look for a smoothie drink, that will be better than just tea for soothing the heat,” Teagan suggested quickly, looking around before he got an answer. He could ignore awkwardness to feel guilty, so when he did spot somewhere with a milky sort of drink he said, “I’ll just get one of those,” and made the small trip to purchase one for James, whether or not James followed. He held it out for him as a sort of apology.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PMEmail
^
James Jordan
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 03:28 AM
Stranger
Caturae

James' social skills and understanding of social cues could often be considered lacking. It wasn't that he was overly shy, if anything, the opposite of that, but his interactions tended to transcend whatever relationship he held with a person. It meant he could be as familiar with a stranger as with a friend. As a child had been friendly, but in physical terms, not quite as much as an adult, lacking the same amount of confidence and experience. His living with Gabriel probably hadn't helped him, considering his roommate and friend tended to be open and very liberally minded. Either way, James was definitely on his very own James wavelength.

It meant he'd eaten the food out of Teagan's hand without any reason or meaning other than ease of access and was entirely oblivious to why anyone might object to such an action. He would only have been confused by any discomfort on Teagan's part if his own discomfort over the spicy food hadn't overtaken everything else.

He could feel the heat of his face, knowing and feeling vaguely mortified that he was likely bright red. Teagan was apologising, and all James could do was shake his head, before reaching desperately out for the offered bottle. He grabbed it from Teagan, quickly opened it, and drank a couple of large mouthfuls before coming up for air.

"Don't apologise, it's not your fault." James smiled weakly, clearing his throat with a final, weak cough. The fiery sensation had mostly alleviated in his mouth, just a slight tingling left. He held the bottle up, "Thanks. I'm not.. Too red, am, I? Oh man, am I sweating? I don't want to ruin this shirt!" he flapped the collar of the offending shirt against his neck, but fortunately he had only taken a bite and he wasn't dripping sweat or his nose running on top of the embarrassing heat, both things which could happen and had happened when it came to hot food and James.

"Why is it that spicy food always looks so good?" James laughed, taking another sip of his drink.
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 05:54 PM
Local
Jaya

Being shy was not an indicator of lacking social understanding. In fact, Teagan found that people who were quieter did understand social cues and interaction, they just were not comfortable. While those most boisterous did often miss the subtler things in their rush to be involved in everything. Like an enthusiastic puppy running over some delicate flowers. It wasn’t intentional, it was just the rush of things. Teagan was uncomfortable, but it was not because James was so enthusiastic. His mere presence was what threw Teagan off the most. Maybe it helped just how socially oblivious he could be, actually, since he called into question less on Teagan’s end.

On James’ end, he was oblivious, on Teagan’s end; he underestimated how spicy of food James could eat. So here they were. James was red, and shaking his head. He downed a drink and then tried to convince Teagan that it wasn’t his fault.

Um, if you say so…” He wasn’t going to argue about who to blame, because it wasn’t that big of a deal. He was not too red, right? “You look flushed, but I don’t think you are sweaty. Clammy maybe, I can’t tell.” He wasn’t going to touch James’ neck to find out. Although he felt like James might have done so to Teagan without a second thought out of courtesy. Not thinking anything of it. Teagan needed to get used to that if he was going to spend any more time with James.

I think your shirt will be fine.

Why is it that spicy food always looks so good?

James was laughing, and it made Teagan laugh too. “I think… probably because spices make things taste good… so it looks good with all that extra flavor. Its just also hot flavor.” He chuckled again, “Did you survive?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
James Jordan
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 08:27 AM
Stranger
Caturae

James' forwardness tended to be more intense in certain situations, one being when he was excited. He'd never expected to meet Teagan again, let alone at the park in the new town he'd moved into, so excited was a fair word to describe how he felt on the matter.

"Clammy, yes, I feel clammy.." James groaned slightly.

He gave a glance around, still flapping at his shirt collar, to see if there were any attractive females in the vicinity. He was fully prepared to turn his back to anyone around them who he didn't want to see him in such a state. Not only did the spices make him flushed, but the added embarrassment carried the tendency to make him even redder. It was a double injustice.

James took a deep breath, nostrils flaring slightly. He could feel the heat slowly draining from his face.

"I survived!" He chuckled back at Teagan, "And my shirt did too.."

He re-positioned his shirt, smoothing out the rumpled fabric. As he did so, his phone chimed, alerting him to a message. He pulled it out immediately and read it.

"Wow, I didn't realise that was the time." He said, glancing to Teagan with a smile.

He'd skimmed the message. It was from Gabriel, basically checking James was okay, not having got himself into any trouble considering the lack of contact, and that Gabriel was ready to head home.

"My friend's ready to go and we've still got a lot to sort out at the house. But..." He smiled at Teagan, "It was amazing bumping into you!"

He was about to bid goodbye when he remembered something.

"Oh, hey! What's your number?" He still had his phone in his hands and he held it out to Teagan. "Then we can set up a date to help Mrs Patterson later."
PM
^
Teagan Landry
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 03:54 PM
Local
Jaya

The unlikely meeting of two former neighbors was definitely a shock to the pair of them. For James it was shocking because he had just arrived, and for Teagan he was surprised that his safe haven was being invaded by the past. He didn’t want to fault James’ enthusiasm, but it was hard to be excited on his own end. There was so much baggage there. Nothing against James. There was that James had done that would put Teagan off if he were a stranger. It was just so unsettling. The mere fact of seeing him after so long. He had to tell his paranoia that just seeing James did not indicate he would have to deal with his father.

It was becoming easier to interact normally with James, and he was probably doing as well as could be expected on this day. He chuckled a bit as James flapped at his shirt and looked for witnesses. “Worried someone will see you?” he asked, speaking ever so slightly more quietly, to save James extra embarrassment. Or just to seem like he was, since he didn’t think someone was listening to them anyway.

I survived! And my shirt did too.

Good,” Teagan told him with a chuckle. He felt better. “I wouldn’t want to be the unwitting cause of even more discomfort.”James phone went off, and he referenced the time. Teagan checked the time for himself. James must have somewhere to be. James was meant to leave now. The goodbye was quick, and Teagan felt unprepared. “Ah, yes, um, it was nice to see you. I’ll talk to you later.

James didn’t leave yet though, instead asking for Teagan’s number. “Right, sure.” He waited a moment, then listed off the number from memory. He didn’t even ask James to text him so he knew who it was. He sort of figured whatever James would send would be identifiable.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll