February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

The weather has gotten bad, really bad. Hurricane Caroline is sweeping over Lochland Grove. Stay indoors and away from windows.

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

An emergency paper has been put out! Lochland Grove is out of power, but some residents are already turning their attention to those worse off.

Bachelor Auction Sign-Ups!
Check it out Here?

The annual Charity Ball is approaching and with it comes the Bachelor Auction!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

June 16th
The Times has put out an
Emergency Paper

June 15th
Oh oh, This can't be good

June 14th
Have you turned your FM Radio to
106.3 The Bounce?

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Normal for a Change, Tagged: Katerina Dimov
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 12:47 AM
Newcomer
Asa

January 27, 2018

His mother had called this morning, just checking up on him as always, it was never his father calling, nor his older brother. Some days it seemed Christy and Randy were the only ones left of the family who held out some hope for him. Of course the one thing she had to ask was if he was still with Kat. He had disappointed her so many times starting from when he had only been sixteen and brought his first girlfriend home, only to break up a few weeks later after his mother had grown attached to the girl and was preparing the wedding in her mind. Thankfully that was something she had given up on after all these years and many, many failed relationships. Even now she had gleefully replied, “Good! You treat that girl right, she’s very sweet, I like her.”

He had let slip that today was his girlfriend’s birthday and the feisty redhead had immediately insisted he take her some place nice, nicer than the Olive Garden and Red Lobster and not to let her hear he had treated Katerina to anything less. He had assured her that there were no Red Lobsters near him and the closest Olive Garden was forty-five minutes away. It had been a nice conversation over all, it was always nice to catch up on things going on with the family. It was the same old same old; how’s Dad’s back, how are Randy and Cassie still married, how many cats do you have now, what’s for dinner tonight, what are the neighbors up to, guess who got married, guess who got divorced, guess who died, guess who got arrested, and on and on.

He pulled into the driveway with his gym bag on the passenger seat and sat there in the Jeep for a moment listening to Christy prattle on and on, not wanting to cut her off, he cherished these phone calls, they kept him grounded in a reality he couldn’t afford to forget. What finally prompted him to hang up was a dying cell phone battery, the beep chirping in his ear and giving his mother pause on the other line before asking after the sudden noise. It was probably what saved him from freezing to death in the Wrangler.

The sun was slowly headed for the western horizon as he trudged up the front steps, it would likely almost be dark by the time they left. Kat didn’t strike him as sentimental, but he had gotten her a birthday card anyways. No matter a woman’s sentiments, straight up forgetting to get her anything for her birthday was unforgivable,
“Evenin!’” he pulled off his wool cap and tossed it on the back of the couch, making his way to the laundry room to leave his workout clothes by the washer, “Ya got anything nice t’ wear?” he called out from the darkness of the mud room.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 11:12 PM
Newcomer
Kat

It had been years, YEARS, of planning, but it was finally coming to pass; Sheena was in college. the papers were signed, the money had been moved to a bank account, and the girl with the cigarette burns was now going to classes. Kat was almost unsure where seh was going from there. Almost. Her goals were simple. She’d settle Sheena down, get her into school, move her into her own home, help her find a job, and then hunt down Alexander.. or die trying.

.. most of her goals were done.

If she could get Shi to take up a real job then all that would be left was to start the hunt. She was too happy to be uncomfortable yet. Kat didn’t have much in the way of emotions to work with, but she was still wary of letting Darrell find out just what her goals had been for the past decade. There was no way he could be in favor of her endgame. Still, to celebrate and work on her accomplishments she had put aside being a maid in order to just enjoy life. January was cold in Lochland. Spending time indoors when she wasn’t down the street at the graveyard had turned pretty comfortable. Just her, the dog, and her boyfriend.

She had just spent the past hour trying to paint her toes. It looked terrible. Kat wasn’t the type to bother, but she was looking for ways to quietly celebrate her success. She’d bought a few new shirts from a used clothing store, replaced her boots, and had even cut a few inches off her hair with the help of someone who actually knew how to cut hair. Over all she felt somewhat relaxed, and even optimistic, in her own way. Hearing Darrell come home brightened her dull grey world a few shades. “Evenin!” From the bathroom she could hear him move around the house. Her head tilted to catch the sound as it traveled. ”Evening.” She called back, hearing the slight echo as it bounced off the intimate bathroom walls. “Ya got anything nice t’ wear?” She must have heard him wrong. ”What?” Ugh.. she smudged another toe. There was still have a bottle of remover left so she was fine. Everything smelled of alcohol. ”One minute. I think I heard you wrong.”

Katerina cleaned the polish off her toes then washed them with a damp rag, puzzled by what he actually said. It had sounded as if he wanted her to wear something nice, but that was hardly something Darrell would say. Once she’d dried her feet off she headed out to find out what was going on. ”What did you say?” He was in the direction of the mudroom. She didn’t bother following, folding her arms and glancing around the room for any mud, water, or leaves that her boyfriend may have tracked into the house. She’d been a stickler since the tree incident the month before. He wasn’t getting away with that again.

Dressed in a silk nightgown and an old fuzzy housecoat she’d picked up at the second hand store, Kat stood barefooted with pink stained toes from the nail polish. ”Did you get the mail today?” She was waiting on the paperwork for the free housing for flood survivors she’d known of since 2014. While everyone else was struggling, she’d simply set up the RV and continued living. Now she wanted her cut for Sheena.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 04:43 PM
Newcomer
Asa

Tossing his slightly damp gym clothes into the washer his skin still smelled slightly of the soap he had used in the gym showers. He was cheating on his Old Spice with Axe, smelling like a goddamn teenager. She didn’t hear him, her voice carrying from the shared bathroom,
“I was just ask-” but she cut him off, no sense in repeating himself if she couldn’t hear him he supposed. Closing the washer he stepped out of his tennis shoes and left them on the rack by the drier with all the other shoes, his looking huge next to Kat’s. Hopefully she wouldn’t be opposed to going out tonight, to some place actually nice for once. He had already made the reservations, it was a bit of a drive but from the online reviews someone at the gym had shown him on her phone, it seemed like a great restaurant. Poor girl had been eyeing him for some time and the moment he finally spoke to her it was to ask her about a nice place to take his girlfriend. Normally he was pretty on top of things but had actually failed to notice someone ogling him while he was repping.

“Just if ya had somethin’ nice t’ wear, maybe if I was t’ wanna show ya off someplace, ya got anything like that?” he was fiddling with his phone while speaking to her from the doorway, finally looking at her to try and gauge a reaction. His caution was well warranted, not that women didn’t appreciate being taken to nice places, but some just didn’t want to, for whatever reason, he had never gotten a straight explanation as to why. It wasn’t like he couldn’t afford it. Darrell could easily buy a small house at the moment, all in cash. He had just stolen a thousand dollars the day before, with a crafty accomplice, it was rolled up in his back pocket right now.

“Pfft, do we even get mail?” he scoffed, “Did ya mean at your place? Shit, I ain’t swung by there in a month’a Sund’y’s.” he explained in his usual Southern euphemisms, “Why?”

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 01:51 PM
Newcomer
Kat

After Christmas Katerina didn’t want to see another mess from the outside world. She looked around the living room with a professional’s eye, searching for dirt or grass. There didn’t appear to be anything, but Her boyfriend’s reappearance in the doorway distracted her from getting too thorough. “Just if ya had somethin’ nice t’ wear, maybe if I was t’ wanna show ya off someplace, ya got anything like that?” Oh.. so she had heard him right. ”Oh...” Her head tilted, mentally shifting through he wardrobe. ”Yes, Sheena insisted on a few dressed when we went shopping for school clothes.” She admitted, somewhat surprised that they were needed at all.

All of this sounded very.. unDarrell...

She needed to distract herself, turning to the mail instead. Had he checked it? “Pfft, do we even get mail? Did ya mean at your place? Shit, I ain’t swung by there in a month’a Sund’ys.” Kat groaned internally, leaving it be. ”Why” Part of her wanted to be irritable, but she brushed it aside. ”I am waiting on paperwork for Sheena’s new apartment.”The woman tried to remain gentle, hoping to keep him from tangenting off about school or Sheena in general. ”It’s free for being a flood survivor, but there is still paperwork.” She just didn’t trust Shi to fill it out. Easy as that.

Kat approached her boyfriend warily, reaching up to wrap her arms around the back of his neck. ”I’d like that, by the way. Going out? “ Her blue eyes searched his features.. ”When do we need to leave?”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 08:06 PM
Newcomer
Asa

He waited, watching that look on her face as the cogs turned, he had more of a cracked out hamster on a rickety wheel working behind the scenes he liked to think,
“Oh yeah, that’s right she’s goin’ t’ school.” he did not keep up with Sheena the way Katerina did but then again, she wasn’t his practical child. He was glad to hear she was going to college, really he was, “What’s she majorin’ in again?” he asked, adding the ‘again’ incase he had asked before and completely forgotten, it wouldn’t be unlike him but he tried to show an interest in the younger woman for the sake of the one he was treating to birthday dinner this evening. He would try not to say anything negative tonight.

The conversation shifted and Darrell actually seemed genuinely interested in the prospects of Sheena getting her own place,
“So long as it’s free,” wait, was that negative? “I mean, free is good.” stop … somebody strangle the crack hamster, “I’ll keep an eye on the mail, though.” good save. He personally hated filling out anything, it felt so formal and he hated reading anything. The forms Kat had given him about cleaning his house were still in a drawer somewhere around here, he would probably find them when they moved. He was still on the lookout for another fixer upper.

Her arms around his neck felt so familiar but he was thankful that same excitement was still there, recalling when he was sure this wouldn’t last, sure he would fuck something up and she would leave but here they were several months later. It was clear he was getting more and more comfortable with the idea and was no longer making his offhanded comments about the longevity of this relationship, mostly because he had seen how they affected her. To Katerina this was going to go the extra mile, she really seemed to believe that, and that had been all the assurance Darrell had needed. Hell, she had seen him shoot someone, had seen him get shot, knew he sold drugs, knew he had guns that were more than likely very illegal, and to top it all off they had disposed of a body together. Yeah, she wasn’t leaving,
“Hmm, thirty … forty-five minutes, if I drive like a lunatic.” he chuckled and kissed her forehead lovingly.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 05:00 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Times were changing. She didn’t dare tell her boyfriend the truth of where she was going, but she intended to enjoy the time they had. Sheena would soon be living her life outside of the hell she’d grown up in. She’d have a home, a job, her motorcycle, and college. ”What’s she majorin’ in again?” Kat was surprised by the question. ”Right now it’s just general studies. She has two years to figure it out.” Plenty of time.

As muted as her feelings were, Katerina did enjoy the fact she was feeling things. Daryl’s closeness in her arms was warm and gentle. The wary fears that he’d be dead because of her were hardly at the for-front of her mind these days. Paranoia was at a record low.. and going out didn’t sound so bad. ... how much time did they have until they had to leave?“Hmm, thirty … forty-five minutes, if I drive like a lunatic. Thirty five minutes then. He’d probably be a little reckless anyway.

Glancing up at him, she let him kiss the top of her head then rose to her toes to kiss the underside of his jaw.

At 5‘9 it was difficult at times to steal a kiss.

”Sounds good. I’ll put on something nice. You need a shower.” This didn't sound like a bad idea. ”I’m guessing this is for my birthday?” A logical conclusion. Her head tilted slightly as something occurred to her, gaze dropping in thought before glancing up at him with a rare curiosity. ”Are YOU dressing up? Do you even own a suit?” She had trouble imagining it. The man seemed to have been born in blue jeans. ”I’m not dressing up if you don’t.” It was her birthday. For all she knew he looked great in a dress shirt and suit coat.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 01:32 AM
Newcomer
Asa

“Oh, okay.” he replied with a hopeful tone, “Ya know I have two associates degrees?” he asked, not sure if he had ever told her that, had it ever come up in any of their conversations? Maybe it was because he got his degree in electrical engineering while incarcerated. There he was earlier saying college was useless, he couldn’t say he had learned nothing but a lot of his first several weeks taught him shit he already knew. Hands on experience would forever trump education as far as he was concerned.

A satisfied hum escaped him as she assured him she would dress up for the occasion,
“I took a shower at the gym after my workout.” he told her with a nod from his head, his hair was still slightly damp and smelling of foreign shampoo, “Well, yeah.” with a playful roll of his eyes, he hadn’t forgotten that she had dropped the day of her birthday, “I have exactly one suit.” it was reserved for special occasions but Darrell always kept it safely in his wardrobe in its plastic sleeve from the dry cleaners to keep it free of dust, lint and dirt that tended to accumulate around him, he fully expected it to be just as clean as it had been since he had last worn it to his cousin Preston’s funeral in 2004. When his Uncle Phil passed in 2008 it had been a much more casual affair and Darrell had shown up in jeans and a dress shirt, “I look pretty fuckin’ good in it too.” he assured her confidently.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 03:04 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Sheena was in school. Some day she’d have a degree, but for now she’d just work on getting through the basics for the next two years. “Ya know I have two associates degrees?” What? ”No.” She was slightly surprised, her mind immediately back-peddling at the reminder that he worked as an electrician. ”That’s impressive.” Her brow wrinkled, uncomfortable sharing her own education when it lead straight back to...

Well, there were better things to think about.

They were going out to eat for her birthday. Something she would never imagine herself doing, ever. It was in the same ballpark as the idea that Darrell owned a suit. “I have exactly one suit.” The woman’s head tilted, regarding him curiously. Part of her could almost imagine the man diving out a window and driving off on an emergency suit run while she was getting ready. “I look pretty fuckin’ good in it too.” Immediately she began looking him over. ”I’m sure you do. “ Their relationship was getting too easy, to safe. She knew she should be more guarded, but this felt right despite her problems with ‘feeling’ to begin with.

”Alright.. I’m going to go get ready.” Hopefully the dress Sheena had helped her pick out would be alright. It was white, light, and airy. Kat would have to wear a jacket or freeze in the January weather. ”I’m willing to take bets on how long I can survive in heels.” Boots were more her taste, or barefoot. Her future footwear would be a nemesis to her preference for silence when she walked. With a soft exhale she squeezed him once more for good measure then separated to go change.

In all honesty, changing took less time than she thought. Doing her hair was far more work. She managed to encourage the natural wave in it with a little water and some patience. It took everything in her not to check to see what her boyfreind looked like in his suit before seh was ready to go. She practically hid herself in the guest room to struggle with stockings.

..The first pair didn’t make it through the initial pull.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 07:30 PM
Newcomer
Asa

“Yep, the first one was just t’ prove I could get a degree, second one was t’ make money at a real job so I could pay child support with legit cash,” he explained, “Mary Beth wouldn’t accept anything I made illegally.” he never talked about her, or Paige really, it was a painful subject for him, the fact he was opening up the slightest bit right now, felt somewhat uncomfortable, even with someone like Kat. He recalled that conversation, Mary Beth threatening to leave if he didn’t get a “real” job and Darrell going off on how he hadn’t heard her complaining when they bought the house, the car, her clothes, all her bullshit furnishings and those fucking ugly ass drapes she just had to fucking have! … he was getting upset just thinking about it. But all of that came from money he made illegitimately, but if she wanted to raise their child in poverty that was what he would give her because the best a guy like him could do with no high school diploma and an arrest record a mile long was flip burgers at McDonald’s. It had been a pretty ugly fight, he called her ungrateful and unrealistic, she called him stubborn and thickheaded. Everything fell apart after that, “I’m glad I did it, but I don’t think I’d do it again.” he mused quietly, mostly to himself.

The conversation moved onto something a little brighter, no sense in lingering in past regrets or dredging up bad memories, they had a lot to look forward to tonight, including her in a dress. Darrell retired to his own room quickly found the tailored suit he had special fitted years ago, remembering quite well when he had tried it on for the first time and finally knew what it felt like to have a suit that truly fit him as it was supposed to. He had since then taken it in a few times to have it altered but after only wearing it a handful of times, it still looked good as new despite it being pretty old.

The dark blue contrasted with the crisp white undershirt, the cuffs of his sleeves showing just beyond those of his dark blue suit coat, he left the tie in the wardrobe, it wasn't that formal. In fact he thought about leaving the dress pants as well in favor of a nice pair of jeans but thought better of it. His good cowboy boots however, well how could he leave those home? They were cleaned and shined, hardly ever worn, in fact Kat probably didn't even know he had these.

In the end the only thing not dressed up were his socks, they didn't even match, but no one would see them anyways. There wasn't much to do with his hair, stepping into the bathroom he bent at the waist just slightly, leaning into the counter to get a better look in the mirror,
“How’s it comin’ along in there?” he asked, admiring the crisp lines of his suit a moment, the squared shoulders making his chest look even wider. Just for the hell of it, Darrell fastened the buttons, slimming his waist a bit. He felt and looked completely different, may he say … civilized?

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 10:30 PM
Newcomer
Kat

user posted image

After wrestling with stockings, Katerina was far more contented with ANYTHING else. She had a small purse full of make-up Sheena had bought her a long time ago, honestly she wasn’t certain it was still good. The woman inexpertly put a little shadow on her lids and deepened the red of her lips with no idea how to really use it. The many containers were left alone in favor of familiar things, all the more reason to never use it again. “How’s it comin’ along in there?” She almost poked her eye with a masquera wand. Almost. ”Good. I’m ready.” Licking her finger, she smeared it into position then put everything away with a soft sigh.Kat knew she wasn’t normal, but how far from it she was.. she wasn’t sure.

Tossing the bag into her bin of unused closed, she carefully slid her stockinged feet into her shoes and marched stiff-leggedly to the door. Her motions were all a little rigid. all the better for her not to fall on her ass or break an ankle before they had even reached the truck. Kat was almost shocked by the sight on the other side of the door. Darrell in his suit. ”Well...” She wasn’t certain what to say. ”It’s.... “ The cowboy boots warmed her slightly, managing to pull a rare smile from her. ”It looks good on you.” Even in a suit he was still the same old man. ”You’re not wearing a gun, are you?” She’d have hers in her purse, but that was another story entirely. Unfamiliar places still brought out a certain wariness in her.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 12:42 AM
Newcomer
Asa

He was sure he felt far more natural than his girlfriend did, it was strange seeing her in make-up for sure and he hadn’t actually expected it, just the dress, so that was a treat. He knew she didn’t like to wear it, or rather assumed she didn’t like it, since she never wore it and he hadn’t even been aware she had make-up to put on. Life’s little surprises. They both seemed pleasantly in awe of the other, standing on either side of the shared bathroom door. His smile was one of genuine adoration and as his eyes traveled up her form to meet hers he realized they were looking at each other the same way. Hands left his pockets and gestured to her, marveling the white dress,
“Lookit you!” she assured him he looked good as well, “I told ya I make a suit look good.” it had been altered, sure but he couldn’t fasten the very top button of his dress shirt, good thing he wouldn’t be wearing a tie, that would look kind of ridiculous.

She asked about his gun, he knew he had forgotten something, rocking back and forth on the heels of his Tony Lama’s a moment,
“No, no I ain’t.” he’d feel naked now but who was to say he would need a gun where he was going? He probably wouldn’t but knowing his luck, good lord … he had terrible luck and the moment they tried to kid themselves and have a normal fucking evening someone would take a crack at him. Or maybe everything would be fine, “Hopefully I won’t need it.” but he would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. He pushed the thought aside, tonight was about Kat.

He closed the space between them, looking just beyond her at the green numbers on the clock of the guest room nightstand, making note of the time as he brushed a few strands of hair from her brow,
“You look gorgeous.” he didn’t tell her very often how beautiful she was, it usually seemed to confuse her, but this was obviously a special occasion and she had gone out of her way to actually look nice, so she deserved the compliment. Of course he thought she looked great when she came home from working at the cemetery, dirty, sweaty with her wind blown hair going every which way and a tired and frustrated look on her face.

Leaving a chaste kiss at her hairline, not needing to bend down as far as usual, he moved passed her,
“I’ll get the door an’ we can be on our way.” he sounded a little excited, this restaurant was in the next town over and he was eager to see what the food was like, was it really what it was all cracked up to be? Supposedly women around here dreamed of a man taking them there and it was kind of a big deal for most of them. For Katerina he kind of doubted she minded much, it could have been Gertie’s for all she cared.

Snake was waiting on the other side, nose quivering at the unusual smells, the suit, the boots, the aftershave. He clammored into the house and wagged his tail as his owner wished him a good evening and helped Katerina to the truck in her unfamiliar shoes on the driveway. He had salted the porch but beyond that it was a little muddy and icy in places,
“We’re gonna look so good … pullin’ up in this muddy pick-up truck.” he laughed and turned on the heat while putting the Chevy into reverse and backing down the driveway, “I need t’ teach you t’ drive the Jeep one’a these days.” he didn't trust the valet with the stick shift Wrangler.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 02:07 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Her boyfriend looked good. Very good. She could hardly take her eyes off of him. Darrell’s thick muscles were made elegant in the confines of his suit jacket. “Lookit you! I told ya I make a suit look good.” He seemed to be looking her over with the same wonder. ”Yes. You didn’t lie. ” There was some bumbling between them. A sort of fumble for words where subjects were hard. Then it was time to go. Together they headed through the door, the echo of his compliment playing through her mind. ‘you look gorgeous’. Katerina continued to smile, letting it linger on her face even after the feeling had started to cool.

Mud, grass, dirt... they were all in the way...

Katerina was careful moving around, and more careful getting into the truck. She had to make sure she didn’t get her skirt in the door. The Jacket she’d grabbed on the way out hardly fit the elegance her dress possessed. It was meant for the winter weather, bulky, black. All the better for hiding stains and keeping her warm. “We’re gonna look so good … pullin’ up in this muddy pick-up truck.” The woman’s shoulders shrugged. ”At this time of year, if it isn’t a muddy vehicle it’s a salt covered one. Winter forgives nobody.” Normally she’d start to stare out the window, but instead she watched him. “I need t’ teach you t’ drive the Jeep one’a these days.” The comment snapped her from her thoughts. ”Yes. I’d like to be able to drive a stick. “ A new survival skill was always welcome. ”That way I’d still have transportation if you had the truck.” It was also cheaper to own a stick.

The sky was darkening. Winter was gloomy in Lochland, hardly the same as the Louisiana evenings she could vaguely recall in Maiet before the flood.. or Florida some time before that. ”Did you come up with this idea by yourself?” The whole situation felt like a dream. She wasn’t the princess type, and never really cared what she was wearing outside of if it would work for work. She had figured her boyfriend carried similar views. ”I’m not complaining, but I’m curious.” She paused a fe seconds, adding.. ”The boots suit you though.” Cowboy boots were not Kat’s style, but they’d become part of Darrell’s brand Just as the heavy sweatband she wore outside of the house felt like her’s. She’d replaced them with soft white ribbon tonight. Over the fabric were a few gold bracelets of Sheena’s choosing.

She swore she saw movement out of the corner of her eye, but when she looked there was nothing there. It was probably a deer. ”Is Deer Season over?” Honestly she never saw him hunt, and had still had the time to cook some of the meat. It wasn’t something she could do... as odd as it was to say. ”I was wondering how likely they’d be to approach a road.”

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 03:43 AM
Newcomer
Asa

After they were done ogling one another they slipped out into the darkening world of Lochland Grove, bound for the next town over for the restaurant he had heard so much about. The ambiance, the service, the food, the wine cellar downstairs where they kept a stash of their own aged selections, there was also an outdoor dining option with a fire pit but Darrell never understood eating outside. It was something his mother was really into but it made no sense to him to go out to a nice place to eat, then dine outside with the flies, the wind and the noisy traffic. It was so stupid to him.

“Yeah, I’ll need t’ warsh ‘em both once it stops snowin’ around here, get all the salt off or we’ll be drivin’ two rust buckets.” he backed out of the driveway, tapping the brakes a few times to make sure the red illumination indicated that both lights were functioning, a typical check for him, last thing he needed was to get pulled over. Conversation evolved to her learning how to drive a manual, “Exactly! I meant t’ teach ya sooner but, shit happens.” like jobs gone bad and getting shot by some punkass goon. He pulled out onto the road, “If somethin’ happened to the truck it’d be nice if ya could drive the Wrangler,” more like if something happened to him and all they had in that moment was the Jeep and needed to get to a safe place … “besides it’s a valuable, if dying, skill.” less and less cars were rolling off the assembly line each year with manual transmissions, at least that was what it seemed like, he really didn’t know, and they weren’t even technically assembly lines anymore.

She had him with the next question, grimacing a bit out of embarrassment and giving her a guilty look as she followed up with a compliment on his choice of footwear,
“Oh, thanks, they were like … five-hun’urd bucks, so I’ll wear ‘em wherever I goddamn please.” he laughed, “Didn’ pay that much for ‘em though … but uh, this was my momma’s idear,” he paused to take a turn, heading toward the interstate, “I figured you’d just wanna stay home, have a nice quiet evenin’ but she threatened t’ call you an’ ask if I did anything nice for your birthday,” he laughed, “I’m forty-five years old an’ there still ain’t no worse feelin’ in the world than disapppointin’ my momma.” Darrell shook his head at the ridiculousness of it. That woman scared him just a little.

“Uh,” he had to think a moment about her next question, merging onto the highway and watching as the street lamps came to life in the dying light, “on public lands like where I hunt, it ended on New Year’s. But if I hunted on private property I could hunt ‘til the thirty-first.” he explained, wondering why she had asked until she clarified it, “Oh, the deer’re gonna be frisky ‘til March, it ain’t always the hunters pushin’ ‘em outta the woods, it’s the cold ass weather an’ the rut. There’s a second rut in February too, for all the does that didn’ get bred in the first one.” then all the bucks lost their antlers and Darrell could go out and find some, sell them to knife makers who liked to make handles out of them, “So yeah, they’ll be runnin’ around like sex crazed maniacs for a lil’ while longer.” he could really go for a steak right now and ran the speedometer up to eighty.

--------------------
PM
^
Katerina Dimov
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 12:44 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She wasn’t completely comfortable driving everywhere. Katerina still liked to walk when the weather was nice, and she doubted she’d ever buy her own car. As they made their way down the road she watched the shadows thoughtfully. Every once in a while a movement would catch her eye. The thought quickly brought up deer. Were they dangerous at that time of year? Apparently they were still ‘frisky’, as her boyfriend put it. It made her happy she wasn’t anything but human. They idea of being in heat sounded insane. There were enough problems with sex for her without adding the desperate need for it... or the problems with baring children.

.. she’d already struggled with that enough for one month.

She decided to change the subject back to something they'd talked about earlier.

”I promise if your mother wants to talk to me, I’ll tell her you did a good job.” Katerina wasn’t about to let him sink, when she could tell how much he cared about his maternal parent. To a point she was certain he cared for his paternal one as well, but it was tougher to see. Darrell had seemed to glow when with his family. It wasn’t perfect, but this was Darrell. The look on his face when she’d spoken to his dad still lingered in her mind. She’d never asked about it after, but she had a feeling there was far more there than he’d ever tell her.

oops, one of her shoes fell off.

Leaning forward, Katerina looked at the footwell and struggled to put the blasted shoe on. ”How much further do we need to go?” The woman was already prepared to go barefoot if it was more than 10 minutes. ”Next time I’ll wear the suit.” She paused then glanced at him again thoughtfully. ”I bet I could pull it off.” She wasn’t sure she wanted the man trying to wear her dress. One leg might make it, but more likely it would end up a loin cloth. A thought that both bothered her and pleased her.

--------------------
PM
^
Darrell McGuiness
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 11:05 AM
Newcomer
Asa

“Aww, you’d put a good word in for me?” he kind of teased, “Well, I appreciate that, Darlin.’” Momma could stop hounding him about settling down any time, he wouldn’t mind, he had already given her a grandchild, her first to be exact, so what was the problem? Had he not done enough? Curtis was married and had a few kids but never seemed to want to come and visit, he had no idea when his parents had last seen those grand kids, but they got to see Randy and his little ones all the time, though Darrell suspected his youngest brother had settled, actually settled, with the first woman who could tolerate him. Because that seemed like a loveless marriage, but he wouldn’t think about it too much, it stirred up too many bad feelings and would spoil his appetite, which he had been fasting for, by the way, nothing today but mixed nuts, beef jerky and a protein bar to tide him over.

He wasn’t sure what she was doing with her head almost in the floorboard but it might look a little sketchy to any police officers he passed so, he hoped whatever it was she was looking for she found quickly enough,
“Uuuuuh, well,” what was she doing? “just got on the highway so, maybe twenty minutes, twenty-five if there’s traffic.” finally she straightened back up and he looked at her a little questioningly as her words seemed to indicate she was already a little fed up with this unusual attire. He felt a little bad she had felt the need to get dressed up so much but then again it had been her choice, he just hoped this was the extent of any complaints he heard this evening or he would question the whole thing. Stiffening a little at her mention of wearing a suit, the grimace on his face was obvious, “Yeeah,” he wasn’t too fond of the idea, “nothin’ against women in suits, per se but I just think it looks a little … I dunno call me old fashioned but women should wear dresses.” was he intimidated by women in a suit? He had never thought of it before, “S’just the first thing that comes t’ mind is Ellen DeGeneres, who’s a dyke, an’ Hilary Clinton who’s some kinda fuckin’ soulless, reptilian monster.” he simply didn’t have a good feeling about a woman in a suit, it was a major turn off for him, “Just, not sexy t’ me, at all.” the laugh was a little nervous as if he was afraid how she would take that information, normally he didn’t give two and a half shits what someone thought of his opinion on things but it did kind of matter when he cared about the person as much as he did Kat, “But, yeah, I think you could pull it off, maybe.” possibly a save? He would find out if she told him to take them back home or not.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply