February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 20th
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16th
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

You've got a friend, Seraphim Drake
Erin Fox
 Posted: May 6 2017, 08:16 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Today was going to be a good day. Whilst she may have a full day of work ahead, Erin knew that her friend Sera was going to be popping by at Looseleaf - a catch up was long overdue and it definitely seemed that the two women had a lot to talk about. It seemed that they saw each other every few months or so, it was difficult fitting things in, probably even more so now that Sera had a young daughter and Erin had been busy not just with work but with planning a wedding. Yes, a wedding that was coming round so quickly she almost wished she could just slow time down a bit. Yet at the same time she wanted it to hurry up! Less than three months time she'd be a married woman. Mrs Fox. That was all kinds of crazy, even at thirty two years old she didn't feel grown up enough to be someone's wife!

Being a manager meant that she could pretty much take her breaks when she wanted, as long as there was enough cover obviously because otherwise it just made her look terrible and as if she was getting away without actually doing any work. That wasn't the kind of manager she wanted to be. She'd worked in a coffee shop a long time ago in California where her boss at the time had just stood around all day pretending to look busy, it had annoyed her to no end. Erin preferred to get stuck in, she still served customers and cleared tables as well as doing all the admin work that came with the managerial role. So for now she was tidying a few books away, planning to go on her break once Sera arrived so they could actually catch up properly without any interruptions. She was looking forward to it, it was important to make time for friends and not to let things get in the way of that. Like wedding planning which had taken over her life right now - now she was starting to realise why people got so stressed over it!

Outfit

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: May 30 2017, 11:19 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Looseleaf was a lovely place, and not one that Seraphim usually took her daughter to. If Seraphim was in Looseleaf Books it was generally at the end of Lainey’s time at day care. It was a sort of relaxation place. Sera didn’t drink any caffeine still, although she could certainly feel the temptation early enough in the morning. The fact that she didn’t really have to work just made her want to stay home with Lainey all the time, and she couldn’t do that. She would be an absolute reclusive if she let herself. Well, maybe not, but she certainly wouldn’t have a life beyond Lainey. It was good that there were times when Lainey was at day care where Seraphim could go out and actually do things as herself, not just as a Mom.

One of the things that Sera was looking forward to was catching up with Erin. The first time they’d met had been at Looseleaf. If Sera recalled correctly, it was when Erin had knocked over some books, or dropped them, or something. She was pretty sure that was actually before Erin got the job as manager. They’d talked later when Sera was pregnant, and now Lainey was over a year old. Things had definitely changed, and although they had some time to visit, it wasn’t daily, or even weekly. For someone that Sera actually felt was so uplifting and easy to talk to, they sure didn’t spend enough time talking. It was a shame that life could get in the way, even when it was just having too many good things going on to be able to give time to everything or everyone.

Seraphim had on a sweater, denim skirt, and boots with her hair pulled back into a sloppy bun. She hada bow on the back of her hair where it was pinned up. She’d always liked bows, and she tried not to put them on Lainey too often. She didn’t want to be one of those parents who treated their kid like a doll, or dressed them just how they liked to dress. Once inside Looseleaf, after parking her car out front, she spotted Erin working. She was a pristine picture of pastel, and Sera smiled. She looked so put together and professional. Sera waved at her so Erin knew that she was there, but didn’t interrupt in case Erin needed to finish something up.

[Outfit]

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual - Waitress at Gertie's - Apartment
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 08:47 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Yes, Erin had come along way since being that clumsy, slightly ditzy barista that had a bit of a habit of either dropping or breaking something. Now she was a manager. She still thought that was a bit crazy and whilst it had been a little overwhelming at first, she loved being a manager to this little bookstore. It wasn't like she'd ever really planned on becoming a manager, but it had made sense after the years of experience she'd had working in coffee shops. It was just the next step up and it made her feel like she was doing something worthwhile for a change. Not that there was anything wrong with just serving coffees and tidying away books, she'd done that for years after all, but having a bit more authority at least made her feel important for once in her life.

Lots had changed over the past year, though she was definitely still the same Erin she'd always been. She definitely still had her clumsy moments that was for sure! Though she was hoping she wouldn't today, she didn't want to show her friend up - even though she knew Sera wouldn't judge. Talking of Sera, it seemed she had just walked in and spotted Erin almost straight away. Erin flashed her a bright smile before putting the last book on the shelf and then headed towards her friend, "Sera!" she greeted her in an almost excited tone of voice. Could you tell it wasn't often she saw her friends? "It's so nice to see you, I'm glad you could come" she smiled, she knew it was probably difficult as well for her to find time with being a single parent at all. Everyone had their own different responsibilites. "Can I get you a drink? Anything you like..." she smiled, "It's on the house" she said in a lower tone of voice, she was the manager after all but didn't particularly want any other customers to hear that in case they thought she just gave out free drinks to anyone and everyone.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 10:46 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

People progressed in their lives, or they stayed the same, or they fell behind. There were really only so many options. Of course they could have changed without progressing forward, but it was effectively staying the same in this concept. Doing mundane tasks was no indication of a boring person though, or anything else bad. People did what they needed to to earn money, and short of hurting yourself or someone else, Seraphim was unlikely to have a problem with a person’s profession. She thought Erin’s job was pretty nice, even without the manager position. Sure, they didn’t get as many tips, but it was a really lovely environment, and the staff were responsible for keeping it that way. The patrons clearly liked it, and didn’t make it hard on the staff, but that didn’t discredit them.

Seraphim grinned when she was greeted by Erin. “Its lovely to see you too.” She giggled at Erin’s enthusiasm, and listened carefully when she was quietly offered a free drink. “Oh, sure… something with caramel and less caffeine? I haven’t had a coffee or soda in…” she whistled, “Well, I think if I tried to drink an energy drink I’d convince myself I have ADD. So something gentle, I’m not sure what you think best suits that.

Sera understood that while you might offer your friend something free every once in a while, you didn’t want it getting around. She might do the same for one of her friends, or a really upset regular. Giving them coffee, just the thing that Sera hadn’t had in so long. “I can grab some chairs for us if you don’t want me following you around,” she suggested.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 07:40 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Working in coffee shops was really all Erin had ever known, she'd really done so much with that film degree! Oh well, the main thing was that she was happy and she honestly didn't see herself working in an office job sat behind a desk all day. At least now she was a manager there was also a bit more variety to her job as well, it was much more than just making coffees and wiping tables. She smiled at her friend as they greeted each other, Sera looked just as happy to see her too. Erin chuckled slightly as Sera couldn't seem to decide on a drink, luckily for her Erin could be quite inventive when it came to making drinks - probably working in Starbucks back in California had done that to her. "I'm sure I can whip something up for you!" she grinned, already thinking of what she could do. Making something simple, nothing too sweet or sickly. "Sure, if you wanna grab a table I'll be back in a bit - it won't take me long" she smiled, leaving her friend to choose a table whilst she dashed back behind the counter. It would be a coffee for herself because Erin had a bit of an addiction, still, there were worse things she could be addicted to, right? It really didn't help working in a coffee shop where she was surrounded by it all day!

A few minutes later she returned to the table Sera had picked with two mugs in her hand. "Okay... so I decided on a caramel hot chocolate for you. I hope it's okay, I tried not to make it too rich or anything" she smiled as she slid the mug across to her, it was maybe more of a winter drink but then again people drank hot drinks all year round so she wasn't sure it made a difference. Erin pulled up a chair and sat down herself, her brown eyes focused on Sera, "So! How are you and sweet little Lainey? I bet she's growing away now" she smiled, wondering if it really went as fast as people claimed it did.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 12:06 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Being happy and being able to support yourself were two amazing skills. Even if people sometimes thought those things were out of their control, they were within reach, and if you could pull them to you, you were doing alright. Erin was definitely doing alright for herself, and even while Sera didn’t drink coffee, she did like knowing where she could go to see a friendly face. Looseleaf had been pleasant before Erin was the manager, but maybe Seraphim just thought it was a bit nicer.

Erin seemed more than happy, and capable, to whip up a drink for Sera, and Sera was tasked with getting them a table. Probably any table would do just fine, so Seraphim went and found a table near the window. She wanted to feel the sunshine even without being outside. It just made everything warmer to see the sun. Not warmer in the literal temperature sense, but warmer like a warm greeting. Rain was all well and good, but it was nicer to sit near the outside than holed up in a corner.

Sera took a seat at the table she’s chosen, and within a few minutes she saw Erin approaching with two mugs. Seraphim tested the temperature and pulled it toward her. She didn’t mind that it was a hot drink, even sitting in the sunshine. It wasn’t really hot inside, so Sera was grateful. “Caramel hot chocolate sounds delicious, thank you.

At the question of how she and Lainey were doing, Sera laughed, “What do they like to say? Like weeds? I don’t know about that, but she has definitely been growing. And trying. Oh the testing…” she laughed again, lighter, “She’s all about testing her surroundings. She’s a sweet little girl, but if she gets it in her head that she doesn’t like something, she gets stubborn. Quietly stubborn. You’ll look over and she hasn’t touched anything, maybe just wandered off, and you have no idea when she left. But then you can give her a snack the next day and she won’t remember it’s the thing she absolutely refused the day before, and suddenly she loves it. So, its definitely a learning experience for us both. As for me… oh, gosh, things are always complicated, aren’t they? Especially with Cooper, but that situation is less cute than Lainey, although she’s there basically all the time.” Which was part of the problem. “How are you doing dear?

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 10:52 AM
Newcomer
Kate

The table by the window was perfect, in fact if Erin had been a customer herself she most likely would have chosen it anyway. She always preferred to sit by the window, maybe because she just liked watching the world go by - she had been like that for bad long as she could remember. That wasn't always a good thing because she definitely had a tendency to daydream and get lost in her own thoughts for far too long. But it was fun being in her own little world! Until someone got annoyed that she wasn't paying enough attention to them. She was glad Sera seemed happy enough with the drink she had made her though, if not she would have offered to get her something else.

Erin sat back comfortably in her chair and listened to her friend talk about her daughter. Just as she assumed she was obviously changing all the time, Erin herself didn't have much experience with babies - none at all really, but her niece and nephew on Charlie's side were still very young and she was grateful to be a part of their lives. "Aw, she sounds adorable. Next time we meet up you're going to have to bring her!" she smiled, "Is she walking yet?" she asked, she wasn't sure if that was a stupid question or not, she didn't have much of a clue about child development. Sera then brought Cooper up into the conversation, that was her ex and Lainey's father. She raised an eyebrow slightly and leant forward, looking a little concerned. "I hope that doesn't mean he's causing trouble for you?" she asked, she was sure that was the last thing Sera needed, it had to be hard enough bringing up a child by herself.

Erin wasn't going to get away without being asked how she was. A small smile crossed her lips and she ran a hand through her hair lightly, "I'm good. A little distracted at the moment I think, no one told me how much wedding planning really does take over your life and I was determined not to become one of those women" she laughed, she wouldn't say she was a bridezilla as such but it was fair to say she just wanted everything to be perfect.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 01:09 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Sera did enjoy watching people live their lives, and fortunately she got paid to do that in a much more active capacity. You could certainly see a lot of special moments working at a diner. She couldn’t lose track of time though, always having to tend to things and bring people their food. It was a nice mixture of things to keep her balanced.

Erin asked if Lainey was walking yet and Seraphim inhaled sharply, eyes wider for a moment. “Oh goodness, no. She’s taken some steps but… she can’t walk on her own. She does crawl off a lot though. She’d be even more of a handful if she could walk. I probably made it sound like she just runs off. I guess… maybe it won’t be too much different when she is walking, but ever little thing it just… not that that is a little thing, but everything seems like ‘oh, she’s still so little, she can’t be doing that yet,’ and then she runs off and does it. It will probably be soon that she is able to walk on her own though.

Erin hoped that Cooper wasn’t causing trouble. Sera sighed, “Well… its not trouble. Its just complicated. And… the last thing I want is to feel like we’re in some obligation instead of a relationship, and it really doesn’t help when things are set up that even our dates include Lainey. Because we can’t just be a normal single couple, because we have a kid but… if we’re not a couple without her, I don’t honestly think we are with her. And its hard to sort that out when I just default to taking care of her. Mommy mode,” Sera said with a small shrug.

As for the question of how Erin was doing, Seraphim gave her full attention. She had just spouted off about her weird life, and she didn’t want to monopolize all the words. She was distracted by how much there was to plan for the wedding. Sera giggled a bit, “Well, are you having fun? I don’t think you’ll become any sort of monster, you’re too sweet. But just remember, it’s a special day… but its one day. Don’t put so much pressure on it that you’re not even going to enjoy it when it comes, right?

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 03:55 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Erin smiled as Sera continued to talk about her daughter, it was sweet. "I guess it's times like that you'd rather time slowed down a bit. Cherish every moment and all that... that's what people say" she laughed slightly, people were always saying that babies grew up far too quickly so it was important not to wish time away like so many people were guilty of. "Apparently I used to bump into everything when I started walking. Clearly I've been clumsy since the word go, nothing changes there" she grinned, it wasn't like she was particularly accident prone but she definitely had her clumsy moments more often that most people.

She could understand how complicated things were, but if they both had feelings for each other then why not give it a go? As long as they weren't just trying to be together because they had a child and felt they had to. Erin's own parents had proved that that didn't work out, they'd stayed together far too long clearly for Erin's sake more than anything. "I get it. Though in my mind most relationships bring their own set of complications" she said, her and Charlie had never had a smooth ride. But that was their own fault, at least kids hadn't been involved. "If you both care about each other... I mean... if there's genuine feelings there, then why not give it a go? If those floods in Louisiana taught me anything it's that life is too short" she smiled, she didn't mean to sound morbid or anything, but sometimes it took something like that to happen to see what was right in front of you. She took a sip from her coffee, hesitating for a moment. "Is he adapting to fatherhood well?" she asked, because it seemed like Sera had it all sorted, she only hoped Cooper was doing his part too. Erin always wished her own father had done more for her, even now their relationship seemed somewhat strained.

Erin smiled and nodded her head, "Oh yeah, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would" she smiled, up until a couple of years ago she'd not even really been keen on the idea of marriage. Now it seemed... right. "The thought of walking down that aisle is scary, I've never liked being the centre of attention" she said, though everyone told her that would be the last thing on her mind once she was there, she'd just be looking up ahead at her new husband. "But no, you're right. I think we'll have to take a step back throughout the day and just take it all in. It's only one day but it should be the best day. As long as we both decide to turn up" she grinned, it was a joke of course, she wasn't worried that one of them was suddenly going to change their mind. That would be cruel.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 10:53 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Erin suggested that Sera might like to pause time to cherish every moment. “Yeah. That’s… definitely it. If you could just record the memories and get to have everything new and old all at once, life would be perfect. But that’s for most things, right?” She did like the progress, but things were nice now. Even when she was pregnant there were times she would have liked to hold onto. Specifically when she could feel Lainey kicking, but not when she was sick from not eating often enough, or when Lainey settled on a nerve and Sera felt like her stomach was about to break. Not those parts.

She laughed at the idea that Erin was clumsy from the very beginning. “But if you weren’t clumsy, we might not have met, and I enjoy that memory,” Seraphim reminded her. She couldn’t remember what she was looking for, it had been so long, but she did remember ending up with a good friend out of some knocked over books. “I don’t actually remember if you knocked things over or if you were just picking them up, but… I can hope I’m right.

Erin said that if they had feelings for each other, why not give it a go. “I mean, we definitely do… and we are dating just… I don’t know, maybe I’m not getting all I want out of it. And that sounds so awful and selfish and ridiculous. And like something I should tell him but… that’s its own issue.” Where she was hesitant to tell him all of her concerns and problems because, oh, maybe just because of the reason he ended up in jail. They had talked about that, but she still wasn’t comfortable with just saying a bunch of things at once. That wasn’t laundry Erin needed to hear about though. Was he adapting to fatherhood well? Sera smiled more, “He’s pretty good at that. He’s certainly awkward trying to do some things, or watch her on his own. He hasn’t watched her on his own yet, but he’s been going to day care to have lunch with her basically every day, since December. If there is anything he lacks in experience, he makes up for with dedication.” That was not an area where Sera could complain.

Erin was apparently enjoying planning her wedding more than anticipated. She agreed to step back and take it all in, if they both showed up. Sera chuckled and then rolled her eyes. “Oh, I’m sure that won’t be a problem. You’ve had years to do any backing out you want, now you’ve got to tie some knots! You’ll make a beautiful bride, Erin. I’m really proud of you.

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 08:15 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Erin smiled brightly at her friend from across the table, "I'm glad you enjoy the memory of me being clumsy. Takes away some of the embarassment I guess" she laughed, well it was definitely slightly humiliating when someone caught you having a clumsy moment. "I definitely knocked them over" she laughed, it was just a typical thing she would do. Sometimes she honestly wondered how she'd gotten through life so far!

She stayed quiet as Sera talked about Cooper, so things were maybe a little complicated but Erin hoped they could work through that. "You're not being selfish" she reassured her friend, "I really feel like I'm terrible at giving love advice because I've definitely had my fair share of problems" she laughed, but she did like to think she'd learnt from them. "But if I've learnt anything it's that communication is the key" she smiled, that was at least her advice. Erin hadn't ever found it very easy to open up and she knew that had been incredibly frustrating for Charlie. Letting each other know how they felt was important and something she'd not realised until quite late on in their relationship.

If anything though it seemed that Cooper was doing a good job of being a dad... or at least trying to. No one could be expected to be perfect. "He has lunch with her everyday? That is literally the sweetest thing" she smiled, so maybe he wasn't good with all the practical stuff, but it was obvious he loved and cared for his daughter. That was really all that mattered.

Erin laughed slightly, "Yeah, there's certainly been times where I never saw us getting to this point. Honestly, it's embarassing how on and off we were in the past. We really did waste a lot of time" she said, "I think Lochland brought us back together somehow. I guess I owe this town a lot" she smiled softly and took a sip from her coffee as she thought about that. Three years on and it did feel like home to her now. "It's a bit crazy that I'm going to be someone's wife... does that make me an actual grown up now?" she laughed, she was thirty-two and honestly felt about sixteen sometimes.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 05:55 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Clumsiness wasn’t the end of the world. Especially when such nice things could come out of it, like making a friend. Lainey was definitely clumsy. She was just learning how to maneauver with her limbs, and get around the world safely. Sera remembered the times where instead of crawling, she just rolled around and tried to push herself up with her head because her neck strength was much greater than her arm strength. Erin was of course a grown woman, but Sera had never known her to absolutely wreck anything.

Yes, communication was key. It was good. Sera just kept coming back to how sometimes communicating just gave him ammunition for something else. Or how she wasn’t ready to try that. It was for the best though. Of course it was the better option, whether or not she acted on it. Seraphim sighed and nodded, “Yeah, you’re right.” Honestly, if she said something he disagreed with, what did it matter? She would feel the same way, and at least they could sort out a disagreement. It was much easier to think about things rationally when she was talking to a girlfriend and not Cooper.

Sera laughed a bit when Erin said Cooper going to lunch with Lainey was literally the sweetest thing. “Yeah, its pretty cute. Unfortunately I’m off at work, but its nice to know he is there. And I get little reports about how it went at the end of the day from the owner. Used to be Lainey would cry if she was left alone with Cooper, so that has definitely changed.” Seraphim had no doubts that Cooper cared about their daughter. She was quite certain that he loved Lainey more than he loved Sera, but that didn’t bother Seraphim any.

In regard to Erin’s fiancé, she said that she owed Lochland a lot, and that it had brought them together. Also asking if she would be an actual grown up now. Seraphim laughed, “I think you were already a grown up. You even have a fancy manager job to show for it. But that can just be an extra ribbon on your adult achievements, right? Out of curiosity, what did change when you moved to Lochland? I guess it would make sense for a tragedy to bring you closer to what matters.

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 04:22 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Erin definitely felt like she'd learnt a lot over the years, most importantly though she was better at resolving arguments now and learning that it was best to talk things over rather than walking away in a mood. How many times had she done that? Got so mad at Charlie that she'd just give him the silent treatment. That didn't solve anything but she'd not seen that at the time. With age came maturity she supposed and she was glad she'd finally learnt from her mistakes.

She smiled as she listened to Sera tallk about Lainey and Cooper. It would be nice if things worked out between her and Cooper, of course Erin wanted her friend to be happy, but there was no point in being with someone just for the sake of their child. She'd learnt that much from her own parents, it had come as quite the relief when they'd eventually announced they were divorcing. "Well it's nice that they're bonding. And he does sound like a great dad" she smiled, "I always wish I'd been a bit closer to my own dad... but that's a whole other story altogether" she laughed, they didn't have that close bond and she'd always been slightly envious of girls that had such great relationships with their dads. She was sure her own father would still do anything for her, but he was not one to express his feelings and she'd lost count of the times he'd let her down in the past.

Erin took a sip from her coffee, she supposed being a manager meant she was a grown-up after all. Sera was right about that, but she still felt like she was sixteen most of the time. "True!" she grinned, looking around the store for a moment, sometimes she found it hard to believe she'd been brave enough to take on this role but she certainly had no regrets about it. She put her mug down in front of her again, hvaing to think about that question for a moment. "That's... a good question. I don't know, it's sad that it took a tragedy to make us realise what we had. What we so easily could have lost" she bit her lip, she didn't like thinking back to that night, they'd not been able to contact each other and it wasn't until she'd arrived in Lochland that she realised Charlie had already got here before her. She'd never been so relieved in her life. "I think we just stopped messing around after that, stopped fighting over stupid things and realised how lucky we were. Okay... we still argue, but deep down he knows I'm always right" she chuckled slightly, that much wasn't always true but if they could get to a point where they laughed about it then that was something.

--------------------
PM
^
Seraphim Drake
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 06:53 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

All humans were born immature, and they matured at different rates. They matured in different contexts. Relationships were something that changed so much over time it was really always a learning experience. Romantic relationships didn’t even get introduced until later on, and they were so intimate and different from the others that it was like starting over. It wasn’t entirely starting over, but some people forgot about the companionship and friendship side of things.

Seraphim smiled when Erin said that Cooper sounded like a great dad. “He is… but he’s new.” A fair bit newer than Sera was to the subject. He wanted to be a good father to contrast his own, no doubt, but he was just naturally good at the loving aspect. He was a sweetheart, despite how he behaved when he was on the clock. Maybe she had liked his job more in the past, but now it was her least favorite aspect of him. She didn’t exactly voice that though, since there was nothing to gain from nitpicking.

Erin said she wished she was closer with her own dad. Sera nodded, biting her lip. She wished that she could remember being close with her own father. Apparently he’d been basically her best friend. It didn’t do her much good now, unfortunately. “At least you have the chance to connect sometime, right?” She didn’t want to pester, or guilt, but it was a positive that they could still communicate, no?

Seraphim laughed. Erin had gone and explained how the tragedy brought them closer, only to end with saying Charlie knew Erin was always right. “Well that’s good. I bet its all for show then,” Sera said, giggling, “When Cooper… was gone…” she hesitated. She didn’t really like to get into why he was gone, or where, “I think it diminished a lot of the tension we had, but also because it sort of reset things we just sortof focused on Lainey. I’ve never been good at coming together from tragedy. I should work on doing that before there’s actually an incident.” She could only imagine how quickly she would freak out if Cooper got hurt at work.

--------------------
PM
^
Erin Fox
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 04:48 AM
Newcomer
Kate

Erin couldn't imagine having one of those really close father/daughter relationships. But Sera was right about there still being time to connect, she was lucky she had the opportunity to do so when there were so many people that had lost a parent. He would be at her wedding and would walk her down the aisle, that was hugely important to her. Especially when he'd missed other special moments in her life. She specifically remembered him telling her at the last minute that he couldn't make her graduation from college. She'd felt so let down and disappointed with him. "Yes... you're right. I think if anything, this wedding might be a chance for that. And other relationships to get back on track, don't even start me on Charlie's family - his sisters don't exactly get on" she laughed, god the last thing she wanted was drama on her wedding day but she'd just have to trust that no one was going to do that to her. If anything she'd like to think that his sisters might make amends with each other. "Sometimes I'm glad I was an only child" she grinned, she had a very young step sister now but that was different, Erin felt more like an Auntie to her because of the huge age gap.

She leaned back against her seat and sipped from her coffee as Sera spoke, listening to her every word. She couldn't really even imagine how different a relationship changed when there was a child involved, whilst it wasn't something she could relate to personally she could understand how that child became more important than anything. Erin felt she was definitely too selfish to have children. "Neither am I to be honest" she shrugged, she remembered her grandmother passing away and how grief had consumed her, again leading to her pushing Charlie away. That had been a horrendous time. "I don't like thinking about bad things happening" she said, wishing she could be more like Charlie sometimes and having more of a positive outlook on life. She sipped from her coffee again, on that note she didn't wish to turn this into a depressing conversation. "So! Have you got any new pictures of Lainey I can see?" she asked with a smile, assuming Sera more than likely had pictures on her phone like every other parent did.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply