February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 20th
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16th
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply
New Poll

The Lochland Times, Edition 24
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:16 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 24Lochland's Most Reliable NewsMay 2017
Lochland History Museum Opens Doors
Lochland Special Report
The History Museum is proud to announce the re-opening of its doors for the 2017 tourist season. Many of the Museum staff see this as a great triumph, considering the tragedies of the past few years, and hope to be a part of the best year yet.

Though it has suffered from fire, theft, and financial difficulties, the future looks bright. Last Tuesday the Lochland Town Council voted to increase spending for Local Historical Sites. It has given a large boost of moral to employees and given the Museum the opportunity to offer new attractions.

The Lochland Times is happy to have the scoop on what readers might want to know about the Historic Sites of Lochland Grove.

With Little Halloween just around the corner, it is no wonder that fascination with the Lochland serial killer Robert Lewis has once more emerged. Much of his history can be found in the History Museum and grounds.

Little is known about Lewis himself. He a socially awkward man who worked a farrier. Everyone knew him, but few knew much about him. He lived by himself in a house over his work shop just outside of town. If not for an accident that allowed one of his victims to escape, he would never have been suspected of the killings. Even when he was put to death there was still doubt if he had really been the murderer. He was hung in the exact place where the History Museum stands today.

Lewis’s death and those of his victims are a fascination to tourists. Much of what was associated with him is considered haunted including the Museum itself. Some believe that it might have been a group that murdered over three dozen people. That his death was a cover up. Whatever the case may be, several places of Lochland Grove are said to be haunted.

For 2017 the Lochland History Museum would not only like to offer information on Lewis’s life, but encourage everyone to search for themselves what might be still haunting what is left of his legacy.

DAYTIME TOURS
10am - 4:30pm

$8 Adults
$6 Children (ages 6-12)
Free for children 5 and under

Self Guided Tours

Self-guided Group Tours are only available between 10am and 4:30pm.

Tour the History Museum, cemetary, killing grounds, and The Lewis House at your own pace with a daytime self-guided tour. Friendly, knowledgeable docents are available for questions and to provide more details about the exhibits. Learn also of the more than a century old folklore surrounding the haunted history.

Self-Guided Group Tours

A presentation of the Historic sites of Lochland Grove with a Q&A will be given by a knowledgeable costumes docent in the history Museum, followed by a self guided tour.

Docent-Lead Group Tours

A presentation of the Historic sites of Lochland Grove with Q&A will be given by a knowledgeable costumed docent in the Courtroom, followed by a personally guided tour. Learn the history of each room of the Lewis house, and ask questions as you tour. Groups of more than 20 must be broken into smaller numbers.

NIGHTTIME HOURS
6pm - 9:30pm

$13 Adults
$8 Children (ages 6-12)
Not recommended for children 5 and under

Let our staff be your guide for an informative, fun and entertaining tour of some of the most interesting, important, and historically valuable structures in the town. Rub shoulders with the spirits as you hear tales of Robert Lewis and the ghosts he left behind.

Guided/Docent-Lead Tours Much like the day tours, a presentation with a Q&A start off the tour, followed by a guided walk through Lochland's most haunted sites. Armed only with flashlights, the tour is specifically tailored to commune with the unknown.

GHOST HUNTING TOUR
10:30pm-midnight

$50 • Ages 12 & older

The Robert Lewis Tour

Join the Museum Staff and the Lochland Ghost Hunters for an exclusive ninety minute paranormal investigation through Lochland's most famous sites.

-Hear the history behind the legendary spirits left behind by Robert Lewis.

-Learn how to use paranormal investigation tools and techniques to hunt for ghosts

-Discover why so many Ghost Hunters come to Lochland Grove.

-Attendance is limited to 20 each night. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged

The following items ONLY are permitted on the tour:

-Cameras
-Video recorders
-Audio recorders

The Lewis House

Truth is stranger than Fiction! Learn the fascinating true stories of Robert Lewis and the legendary ghost stories that surround him.

Commit yourself solely to the place where Robert Lewis lived and many died. It is said to be one of the most haunted places in Lochland and now you can explore the two story structure in depth with only a brave few for company. The Lochland Paranormal Investigators will be your guide.

-Prepare for a Ghost Hunting experience with a group of no more than 8 people

-Learn how to use paranormal investigation tools and techniques to hunt for ghosts

-If you are brave enough you can spend the night

The following items ONLY are permitted on the tour:

-Cameras
-Video recorders
-Audio recorders

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:16 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Little Halloween Approaches!
Lochland Special Report
April showers may bring May flowers, but May brings Little Halloween. Little Halloween is a holiday celebrated solely by Lochland Grove. It is a time when the community remembers those lost and rejoices in the communal will that has kept the town together.

In 1893, Lochland Grove was a small town sustained by the lumber industry. The citizens lived in fear of an alarmingly active serial killer that had, at the time, butchered over a dozen people. Many feared this was the end. Those who could not take it anymore left town, but the survivors were determined to persevere. At night lone men would walk the chilling paths of the forest looking for those in trouble. Their bravery gave the town strength, and when one of them perished it caused an uprising that led to the first candlelight walk.

On May 23rd, citizens of Lochland Grove met at the hanging tree as a threat to the unknown killer. As a group they walked by candlelight through the forest from the tree to the killing grounds to the cemetery where victims were buried. It became a symbol of rebellion that has carried on over a century later. Even after Lewis’s death.

Today the candlelight walk is only a part of the holiday, but it is the most important part. People gather at the history museum and walk the well-known path to Lochland’s old cemetery. Homemade candles can be created at home or purchased at the antique shops on Plum Avenue.

Recently the town council declared that it is important to embrace all of Lochland’s history, and not just the rebellion against Robert Lewis’s terrifying years. They invite people who survived the 2014 flood to join in the walk for those who did not make it out of Mariet Louisiana that day. Just like in 1893, Lochland Grove is once again ready to stand tall in unity.

The Lochland Times is happy to offer a little insight into Little Halloween for those who have never participated before. New traditions have emerged in the past few decades, and all give the holiday character.

The Candle Light Walk

Starts: 8:00pm
Ends: 10:00pm

The evening will begin with a museum tour, covering the life of Robert Lewis and his victims. After a question and answer session will follow before the walk begins.

-Bring a candle of your choosing. -Phones and cameras are allowed. -Please wear proper footwear. -Warm clothes are suggested.

Lanterns

In 1893, flashlights were nonexistent. Lamps and candles were used to light up the dark places of houses and paths. Over the years the Lochland community has become artistically fascinated with the lighting of Little Halloween. Fancy candles and paper lanterns have become a staple in houses all over the town.

Many families enjoy making lanterns at home and lighting their houses with them during May 23rd. If you do not have the time or inclination, many are available on Plum Avenue.

Parties

In the 1930's, when America was suffering through the great depression, Lochlanders looked for new ways to keep their spirits alive. The community came up with a masked potluck party. People could create small dishes then share them with others. Due to the tight budget, paper masks were made instead of several lanterns. The idea was to give some color and festivity to the holiday, despite lack of money.

Today paper masks can be purchased on plum avenue, but they are more fun to make. Children make them at school along with pretty pictures to hang in windows so that the light from the inside makes them glow like stained glass. It is a fun way for the young to participate.

Robert Lewis Parties

Whether the community loves them or hates them, Robert Lewis parties will surely be a part of this years Little Halloween.

Created in the 1970's, Robert Lewis parties embrace the spooky and frightening history of Lochland grove. It is not uncommon for teens to be traipsing the town at night, looking for ghosts. Most use it as an excuse for crazy parties.

Stay safe this Little Halloween.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:17 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Theater Fund Raiser
The Community Theater at Lochland Grove Community College has long been outgrown by its audience. While the school is hesitant to divert educational funds into renovation, The Department of Fine and Performing Arts is willing to look for other means.

Once a stand alone theater, the building became an addition to Lochland Grove’s growing academics in 1963. Hundreds of performances have graced the stage. It is with great hope that many more will follow, but to make this happen the college needs the assistance of the community.

Members of the Community Theater will be performing The Wizard of Oz on May 19th and 20th in Unity Park. If you would like to donate or help with fund raising, please contact the department or call 345-555-2876

Robert Lewis Parties
It's that time of the year again. Little Halloween, Lochland's much beloved personal holiday to remember our own is right around the corner. While everyone knows of the festivities that take place in honor of Robert Lewis's victims, such as the guided Museum tours and Memorial Candle Lit walk, there is a darker side to this celebration that must be brought to the attention of Lochland Grove. Especially if you are currently going through the troubling teen years with your young ones.

They call it a Robert Lewis Party, and shockingly this disgusting form of rebellion has been going on since the mid-seventies. In these parties teens often part take in illicit activities such as under age drinking and smoking of mary jane, to name a few. They will set up their illegal get together-

as close to the killing grounds or cemetery as possible and stay out as long as they possibly can before getting busted.

They say this is their way of honoring Robert Lewis' victims, seeing who can out last the others in drinking competitions or who is the last to leave while reciting scary stories. These parties are not innocent in anyway, so in the days leading up to Little Halloween and the night of, take extra steps to know where your teens are at all times. A 'sleep over' or 'meeting up at the museum' could be means of getting away and off to a party later on. Lochland PD is aware of these Robert Lewis parties and has officers dedicated to rooting them out. Don't let your child become a statistic! Stay Vigilant Parents!

-- Kimberly Delgado, Head of Lochland PTA.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 12:23 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Norma
Lochland Special Report

FAMILY / PARENTING

DEAR NORMA: Recently my son, 3, asked if he could join me at the nail salon instead of staying home with his father. Once there I agreed he could have a manicure. He then requested his nails be painted red. I told him no, because I worried what his father's reaction might be. He was very upset. Do you think this was the right choice? -- WONDERING MOM IS WONDERING

DEAR WONDERING: I think it shouldn't matter what his father's reaction might be, as long as it isn't violence. If it is, perhaps this is not a good relationship to be in. Otherwise what have you got to lose but a bright, loving smile from your three year old who now has nails to match his mommy? If his father's opinion still gives you pause try taking him aside before your next nail appointment and ask his opinion, he may surprise you. In this day and age if a little boy wants red nails, who are we to deny him that happiness?

MONEY

DEAR NORMA: It's prom season and dress shopping is in full swing for all of my friends. They are all buying new dresses of popular, high dollar brands. I can't really afford these and will probably have to buy my dress used from a thrift shop. I'm worried I will look out of date or someone will know it's a cheap dress. Should I go thrift or go broke? -- NO MONEY BAGS

DEAR NO MONEY BAGS: Retro is IN, big spending is OUT. Flaunt that thrift dress with all your heart. No one will have the same dress as you. You will find dresses as new as last year's in thrift shops for under a hundred dollars or less. You will know when you find the perfect, up-to-date dress. Everyone will want to know how you got such a beautiful dress for so cheap. Prom is once in a life time but not the end of your life time. Be smart, shop smart, thrift mart.

LOVE / DATING

DEAR NORMA: I have been married for eight years. I love my husband more than I did the day we said "I Do", but for the past two years he seems to have lost interest in me unless it's sex. He doesn't say good night, he doesn't greet me when I come home from work, and he doesn't seem to pay attention when I talk to him about my hobbies. I think he is falling out of love with me. What should I do? I don't want to lose him. -- HOPELESSLY HOLDING ON

DEAR HOPELESSLY: March through that front door and say "Here I am! Love me!" If he is in fact losing interest and falling out of love, you have every right to know. Every person in the world deserves to get as much love as they give, and not only on a physical level. Be brave enough to fight for what you don't want to lose. If necessary speak to your husband about marriage counseling. If he agrees, go. He may not see he has stopped doing these things, especially after eight years. If he declines, ask him why. If his feelings have moved on, you may need to put on the big pantaloons and do the same.

SEX / GENDER

DEAR NORMA: While cleaning my seventeen year old daughter's bedroom I found an atomically correct sex toy. What should I do? Should I confront her about it? We've had 'the talk' but I'm worried since she is obviously sexually active. -- OH!

DEAR OH!: First, why are you cleaning a seventeen year old's bedroom? She is fully capable of doing that herself. Secondly, don't say anything. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. It is her property, would you like someone moving yours? No? There. And Lastly, finding B.O.B. (Battery Operated Boyfriend) under your daughter's bed is better than finding Bob. If she's playing with toys it's safer than playing with boys. You've had the talk, leave it at that.

MISCELLANEOUS

DEAR NORMA: I like making crafts for myself and friends. People appear to love them, and are always telling me to sell them on a site like Etsy. I’m afraid my creations aren’t good enough to be sold. What should I do?-- CRAFTY AND NOT CONFIDENT

DEAR CRAFTY: If family and friends appear to love the creations you make, signing up for an Etsy account is simple and easy! If Etsy is intimidating maybe take your creations to a local craft fair or feature them on Facebook asking for feed back from your peers. You may surprise yourself. Not everyone out there is as craft-minded as you and some are willing to pay to have others create one-of-a-kind items for them.

PROPERTY LINES

DEAR NORMA: I share a fence-line with my neighbor and we have never really gotten along. Recently we have been fighting over a beautiful Plum tree grows right up along our fence line. He wants me to dig the tree up to replant or cut it down because when it flowers in the spring the petals end up in his pool. It only happens for a short time during the year and I refuse. Yesterday he began demanding I cut the branches off that hang over his property. They aren’t touching his property so can he make me cut the branches? He says if I don’t he will. -- DONT TOUCH MY TREE

DEAR DON’T TOUCH: You will need to research your local real estate laws. In some states your neighbor is allowed to cut over-hanging branches, but only up to the property line. Some states consider the tree branches your property. In my opinion, I would research these laws then have a heart-to-heart discussion with my neighbor. Coming to an agreement will have to be made between you. I say you should rope the branches and pull them gently in the direction of your property line. Eventually they will grow in your direction.

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:02 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
Ask Lochland : Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Lochland Special Report
Leslie Morstan
"You know, I used to! I was a big fan of trying to commune with them. I no longer believe ghosts are actually things, you know? I think I always kind of questioned them but my best friend at the time was super into going out and looking for them. I love a paranormal hunt as much as the next girl, but I don't believe we'd find anything, well, legitimate. I don't think souls stay on Earth."

Heather Song
"Oh yeah, definitely! I'm pretty sure there's some ghost haunting my apartment. I'm always hearing weird noises, but that might be my cats too."

Lenny Neroni
"What? No. Everyone knows ghosts don't exist. "

Jason Kelly
"No I do not"

Ace Yamada
"No, I don't believe in ghosts. Spirits of the departed are a big thing in my grandparents' religion, Shinto, but I'm Buddhist and I'm basically of the mindset that ghosts aren't really a thing. I'm not even sure if I believe we get reincarnated. I just live by the teachings on how to be a decent person and get the most out of life just in case you only live one life. Ghosts don't really factor into that for me."

Kieran Hill
"Not really. I've heard many ghost stories about Lochland over the years, but unless I see something with my own eyes then I don't really believe in them."

Saul Quinner
"I absolutely believe in ghosts. I know it's probably silly, but there were times as I slept in my bed in my foster home that I could swear someone was sitting on my bed. I looked and no one was there. But as I rolled over again, I felt someone sit on my bed. I honestly believe my mother and father have been looking over me from beyond the grave since their deaths when I was fifteen. I have to admit that since I rarely sleep on a nice soft bed anymore, I don't feel their presence anymore. But I'm sure they're still there. At least, I hope they are. "

Nikolai Mozarov
"In my home country, we did not believe in ghosts, per say. Our stories included spirits. Spirits could be good, evil, lost, confused, or wandering. How a spirit behaved and existed was dependent on how they spent their time when they were alive."

Danielle Carello
"I do know that my dad and brother are with me. Maybe not in the sense of being ghosts, but they're there in my heart."

Graziella Vespansiano
"Yes, I don't believe we can always see them, but you know that feeling you get sometimes in certain places? Like you're crowded, even if the room ins't physically crowded? Something like that."

Abel Jensen
"Uh, ya' know I haven't thought about it. I think spirits are real... is that the same thing?"

Bernard Tankevwe
"It's more fun if you say yes, right? But it isn't like they can really hurt you.... right?"

Monday West
"I've never seen one myself, so I'm not sure. I wouldn't want to rule it out. There's plenty of scarier things in the world anyway. "

Casey Wallace
“I believe in the human soul, its immortality, and that we can live on beyond our mortal world. I don’t know what happens when we pass from this life to the next, but I have a hard time believing that the greatest interest someone would have when leaving this world for the infinity beyond is to antagonize those of us here yet to transcend.”

Preston Marx
"It's possible! I've never met one before but unexplained things happen all the time, so I'm not counting anything out."

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:05 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
HUMOR: Kids
Lochland Special Report
Kids can be cute, silly, and sometimes frustrating. Sometimes they make great stories too. Here are a few short ones to enjoy.

Letters To Soldiers
Students are great about 
sending our troops letters, and the troops love ’em. You can see why:

“Dear Soldier, If you’re having 
a rough day, remember the most 
important thing in life is to be 
yourself. Unless you can be Batman.”

“Dear Veterans, You rock more than AC/DC or Metallica or Red 
Hot Chili Peppers.”

“I am so happy you are risking your life for the USA! My grandpa Bob was in the Navy. Now he likes peanuts.”

Flower Girl Forever
For serving as flower girl for her aunt, three-year-old Sydney received a doll and bridal-themed gifts. Sydney was so thrilled, she ran to her aunt and announced, “I want this for all your weddings!”

Fly Follies
My three-year-old daughter stuck out her hand and said, “Look at the fly I killed, Mommy.” Since she was eating a juicy pickle at the time, I thrust her contaminated hands under the faucet and washed them.

After sitting her down to finish her pickle, I asked, with a touch of awe, “How did you kill that fly all by yourself?”

Between bites, she said, “I hit it with my pickle.”

My Son’s #1 Concern
When my three-year-old was told to pee in a cup at the doctor’s office, he unexpectedly got nervous.

With a shaking voice, he asked, “Do I have to drink it?”

Snappy Answers
After catching her five-year-old son Lucas trying to pull a fast one, his mother demanded, “Do you think I have idiot written on my forehead?”

Lucas answered, “I don’t know. I can’t read.”

Computer Education
My son had recently started learning about computers at school. While having dinner with the family, he sank into his chair rubbing his belly.

“I don’t feel good. I’m going into screen saver mode.”

Kids Say: Concert Edition
After my three-year-old begged and begged, I gave in and let her attend a concert with her older sister and brother. As we took our seats, I handed programs to the kids. Following the lead of her siblings, my three-year-old opened her program and announced, “I’ll have the chicken.”

Sandwich Sorrows
I overheard a conversation with my daughter and her friend..

Daughter: Ick! Why does this sandwich have bacon on it?

Friend: You ordered a BLT.

Daughter: Whaaaat? I thought the B stood for bread.

Painting Perfection
At an art gallery, a woman and her ten-year-old son were having a tough time choosing between one of my paintings and another artist’s work. They finally went with mine.

“I guess you decided you prefer an autumn scene to a floral,” I said.

“No,” said the boy. “Your painting’s wider, so it’ll cover three holes in our wall.”

They Don't Know What I Do
I’ve been working on my PhD in engineering for the past five years, but my kids don’t necessarily see that as work. As we were driving past Walmart one day, my son spotted a Now Hiring sign and suggested that I could get a job there. Hoping to make a point, I asked, “Do you think they’re looking for an engineer?”

“Oh, sure,” he said. “They’ll hire anybody.”

Does It Only Come In Black?
My five-year-old son is crazy about cars, so I took him to his first car show. e loved seeing all the different models and brands and gushed over the big engines, the colors, and even the wheels. But the car he was most impressed with was a hearse.

“Mom!” he shouted. “Look at all this storage!”

Art Reflects Life, Too Closely
As a Speech therapist, I was working with a preschooler on body-part identification and the k sound. To that end, I had him use Play-Doh to make a sculpture of me.

“Is that my neck?” I asked, trying to get him to repeat the word.

“No, that’s your chin,” he said.

He added more Play-Doh. “Is that my neck?” I asked.

“No, that’s your other chin.”

A Teenage Dream
My 11-year-old grandson spent a beautiful Saturday playing video games. His older sister tried coaxing him outside by warning, “Someday, you’re going to be 30 years old, single, and living in Mom’s basement playing video games all day!”

His reply: “I can only dream.”

PMEmail
^
Lochland Grove Admins
 Posted: May 10 2017, 01:05 PM
The Admins

The Lochland Times
No. 24Lochland's Most Reliable News May 2017
Your Horoscope
ARIES
( March 21 - April 19)
Good fortune has smiled upon you. Prosperity, financial gain, and good health are all in your favor. This is the time to help others in need. They may return the favor.

TAURUS
(April 20 - May 20)
Rejoice! This is your month. Be diligent in balancing your work and home life as your career is likely to start picking up at the same time as your personal life.

GEMINI
(May 21 - June 21)
Relationships may suffer this month. Be wary of your decisions or they will trap you, and take care to give time to those who need it.

CANCER
( June 22 - July 22)
Listen closely to your intuition and find harmonious middle ground between fighting a situation or adopting to it.
LEO
(July 23 - August 22 )
Love can be fickle. If the fire for your current flame is dimming then ask yourself if it is worth fighting for. A new romance may be waiting for you.

VIRGO
(August 23 - September 22)
Don’t let someone talk you out of something you really want. It’s your time and life so why let others control you?

LIBRA
(September 23 - October 22)
Don’t let someone talk you into or out of something you really want to do today Aries. It’s Be aware of what you are saying today. Words are powerful weapons – once said they can’t be retracted.

SCORPIO
(October 23 - November 21)
Stop and check that your inner GPS is correct. Are you dealing with someone the right way? Is there some sort of course correction needed?
SAGITTARIUS
(November 22 - December 21)
Move ahead on projects that you have been holding off on. Make travel plans, buy that new phone, go out on job interviews. It is time to be proactive.

CAPRICORN
(December 22 - January 19)
Your social calender will be full this month, and sleep will be hard to come by. Don’t give up! Make yourself a cup of coffee and keep moving.

AQUARIUS
(January 20 - February 18)
This is a month of reflection for you. Look back at past mistakes and try not to repeat them; relax, reflect, and refine yourself.

PISCES
(February 19 - March 20)
You might soon hear news regarding the plight of a loved one. Do what you can to help them, but don’t be come a crutch.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll