February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Dusk till dawn, Kieran Hill
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 09:35 AM
Local
Natalie

He definitely had no problem with her having some naughty dreams about him. Besides, he was just as guilty of that. It was what two years without any sex did to you. At least his dreams had become a reality now, he had nothing to complain about. Kieran smirked at her, she definitely wasn't always so sweet and innocent, not now they were sleeping together. "You can have all the naughty dreams you want, but you can have me in the flesh anytime" he smirked again, just making a point.

That had to be something that most people were scared of. After all, he'd be beside himself if anything ever happened to Grace - or to his mother. Or to Zoe. He considered her as someone who was as close to him as his family were. They were yet to address the idea of 'love' as such, but he assumed Zoe having that dream about him meant she thought of him as a 'loved one'. That was sweet... also a little scary because now he knew she was probably waiting for him to tell her he loved her. He'd always been hopeless with things like that, expressing his feelings wasn't really something he knew how to do.

He raised an eyebrow at her, surprised that was something that might genuinely be on her mind. "Zo, that's not gonna happen. You're fit and healthy" he smiled, he hardly saw her as being in the high risk category for having a heart attack, but then he didn't know much about heart problems. Was she worried she might have inherited his condition? "What your dad had wrong with him... it's not... hereditary is it?" he asked, he didn't really want to ask that but he was sure it would have been something she'd thought about or asked someone about before.

He knew he should definitely get better at hugging, he shouldn't even have to ask her, it should just be a natural thing to hug someone you cared about. "I'm not very good at this am I?" he smirked slightly as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her firmly against him. Of course it was a nice feeling, he just wasn't one for being smothered with cuddles every five minutes. He guessed he just liked his space. He stayed quiet as he held her, kissing the top of her head lovingly, hoping he'd made her feel at least a little bit better.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 11:21 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe managed a small laugh, in this case her dream had become a reality. Those were the nice dreams. The ones that made you wake up with a smile on your face and put you in a good mood for the rest of the day. The nightmares were few and far between these days, but if she started worrying then they'd become more frequent. And she didn't want to embarrass herself any further by having another one soon, and especially not in Kieran's company. But sadly it wasn't really something she could control.

Her father hadn't exactly come across as someone who would be in the risk category for having heart problems, but he'd just been unlucky. Kieran probably didn't want to ask that question, it was something herself and her siblings had asked about a long time ago. "He was diagnosed with angina - in his forties. It can run in families. So... yeah... guess it puts me at a greater risk" she said, biting her lip. "We thought he was living with it just fine... then one day it triggered a heart attack. And he was gone..." her voice lowered, it really was very hard to talk about it and she could only do so in very small doses because it just got too much for her. "There's no other family history of it, so here's hoping I'm lucky... that all three of us are lucky. It's a worry for the future though" she shrugged, if anything, maybe that dream was a wake up call that she should take care of herself. Or maybe she should just take Kieran's advice and not read into it too much.

Despite having snapped at him earlier she felt that she really could use a hug right now. She closed her eyes as she just let herself enjoy the moment with him, "You're learning" she smiled, staying silent as he held her - wishing he'd definitely hug her more often. "I'm sorry I snapped at you" she apologised, lifting her head slightly to look at him, she was sure he wasn't going to hold it against her, but she'd still rather apologise for it.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 01:46 PM
Local
Natalie

Kieran watched her intently as she spoke about her dad, he understood it had to be painful talking about him and ultimately what had caused his death. Now he understood even more why she'd be worried after having that dream. If it was something that potentially ran in the genes then there was always at least a small chance it could be passed on. "Oh man... life is so fucking unfair sometimes" he said, how could her dad be there one minute and then gone the next. Nothing could prepare you for that and he honestly admired how strong she was. "Try not to let it worry you. I'd say you're far too young anyway to be developing heart problems. I guess it's important to be aware of it though, look after yourself as much as you can and know what the symptoms are" he suggested, he didn't like to tell her that if anyone was more at risk it was probably her brother who he knew drank and smoked. Chances were, she was probably thinking it anyway.

He might not be much of a hugger but there was no denying that it felt nice to have her in his arms and holding her so close to him. Perhaps he should try this more, he got the impression she wanted him to after all. If he couldn't hug his own girlfriend then there wasn't much hope for him was there? He looked down at her when she apologised and he gave her a small squeeze, "I didn't take offence to it" he laughed slightly, it took a lot more than that to really offend him. It was only when someone started snapping at him continually that it really wound him up. He moved his hand to her cheek, "It's good that we can talk about this kind of stuff. I like that" he smiled, it probably wouldn't hurt if he opened up a bit more as well though. It felt new to him though, having someone he could properly talk to and feel like he had some kind of connection with.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 07:58 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe had certainly learnt the hard way that life could be extremely cruel and unfair. She'd been plagued with bad luck for what seemed like forever now so it would be nice if she could just stay happy for a while. She nodded her head at Kieran, maybe she felt slightly better for telling him now. Having any kind of heart problems shouldn't be something for her to worry about, not when it was highly unlikely - especially at her age. But even people who looked after themselves well still got sick. And if it was something that might be in her genes then she couldn't really change that. "I know" she said with a small sigh, she knew the one people that didn't think about it was Matthew and he was the one that was probably more at risk. "Someone really needs to tell my brother to stop drinking and smoking so much. You'd have thought losing dad would have been a wakeup call for him, but apparently not" she rolled her eyes, he'd always done what the hell he wanted and that wasn't going to change for anyone.

He may not have taken offence to it but she still felt bad for snapping at him when he'd just been trying to help her. Zoe's arms tightened around his middle when he touched her cheek and she responded with a smile to his comment, "Me too" she said quietly, it wasn't always easy but she had come to learn that he was someone that could be trusted with her deepest darkest secrets. Not that she had anything else she was hiding, he'd been the first one to find out about her ex-boyfriend. She hoped he realised he could talk to her about anything too. She rested her head against his chest again, closing her eyes once more as she wanted to enjoy the moment with him - she definitely had to make the most of this hug! "Mmm... you should definitely hug me more often" she smiled, making a further point of it.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 10:54 AM
Local
Natalie

Just as he'd thought, the fact that her brother was more at risk than she was was clearly on her mind too. "Well I don't think that someone should be me" he laughed slightly, almost imagining just how well that would go. "He'd laugh in my face" he added, Kieran was doing all he could to avoid her brother, but with the holidays fast approaching he wasn't sure how easy that was going to be. Maybe he'd just cross that bridge once they came to it, he wasn't going to worry about any future encounters with him - after all, he was sure Matthew didn't exactly sit around worrying about Kieran.

He might not be a very good talker at the best of times, but he was a good listener - he could be trusted with secrets. Probably because he didn't care for gossiping and he certainly wasn't going to risk losing her by spreading all her secrets around. Why the hell would he do that anyway? He wouldn't do that to anyone let alone his own girlfriend. He smiled when she leant her head against him again, she really was very adorable and he felt very lucky. But he obviously needed to work on his hugging skills! "Noted. Although, you know you can just hug me whenever you want? I promise I won't mind" he laughed, he was pretty sure he could make an exception for her. He kissed the top of her head again, staying quiet for a few more moments before he eventually loosened his grip on her slightly. "Come back to bed, Zo. Get a few more hours sleep at least..." he said, he was hopeful that now she'd calmed down that she'd sleep alright for the rest of the night.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 09:12 AM
Local
Kate

It was a serious matter but even she couldn't help but laugh at least a little imagining Kieran trying to tell her brother to stop smoking and drinking. They both knew exactly how well that would go. "He'd do more than laugh in your face, Kieran" she said, it would cause another fight and Zoe wanted to do everything to prevent that from happening again. It was honestly a good job she didn't spend very much time with her brother, otherwise this relationship really wouldn't be easy at all. But she wasn't going to be able to keep them apart forever, sooner or later they'd have to sit in a room together and at least pretend to get on. She'd never be able to relax when that happened.

Now she thought about it, she probably didn't instigate physical contact between them enough, so she was partly to blame too. They both had things they could work on she supposed. But it was at least nice to know he might not mind if she just randomly came at him with a hug - she might have to try that very soon. "Good. I might just start trying that out" she winked as she looked up at him briefly, it wasn't like she was wanting to smother him with hugs, she found that kind of thing a bit overbearing herself. She sighed contently when she felt him kiss the top of her head, she had definitely calmed down a bit more now. His grip loosened on her and he suggested she come back to bed... she guessed she could try to sleep, she was just afraid she'd fall back into a nightmare again. "Okay... I can try" she said quietly, it wasn't even four o'clock in the morning yet.

They headed back to his bedroom and she slipped back in under the covers, waiting for him to turn the lamp off so they'd be in total darkness again. She still had a feeling she might just lie here for the rest of the night overthinking everything. "Goodnight... again" she laughed slightly as she turned to one side, her back to him as she settled down and closed her eyes, trying to think of happy things so it was less likely she'd have another bad dream.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 02:05 PM
Local
Natalie

Somehow he'd managed to talk her into coming back to bed and trying to sleep for a bit longer. Maybe he was getting better at this whole 'boyfriend' thing after all? Though he was sure there was still plenty of time to mess up - something he seemed to be good at when it came to relationships. For now though, everything seemed good. They were back in bed and he laid back down after turning the lamp off, "Yeah... night. Or good morning? It is nearly four already..." he laughed before pulling the covers up around him and letting his fingers lightly stroke her back in an attempt to relax her enough to fall back to sleep.

He awoke just before six thirty, he could hear the faint sound of Grace next door talking to herself. Yep, she was up. Time to start a new day. He quietly got out of bed, pleased to see that Zoe was still sleeping - he'd leave her to it, she needed a good sleep after what had happened in the middle of the night. So he was as quiet as he possibly could be as he tended to Grace, taking her downstairs so he could make her breakfast. It was a Saturday so there was no real rush for anything, he'd let her eat and then play for a bit before he dressed her.

Grace's breakfast was finally done, it always took a while for her to eat it - either deciding she didn't want it or getting distracted by something else halfway through. She was now currently sat at the dining table with her colouring book and crayons whilst Kieran ate his own breakfast. Or at least he was trying to, he'd already had to pick up crayons on two separate occasions after she'd clumsily dropped them on the floor. "Oh Gracie, can you try and be a bit more careful, please?" he asked, though that was probably too much to ask from a nearly two and a half year old. Grace only responded by reaching for another crayon, looking at her dad for a second with a curious look on her face, "Daddy... where ZoZo?" she asked, apparently he wasn't the only one that had taken a shine to Zoe. Or ZoZo as Grace seemed to currently call her. "Zoe's still sleeping. I'm sure she'll be down soon... then you can show her your nice colouring" he smiled at his daughter before taking a sip from his orange juice. "Okay" she concentrated back on her colouring again, at least she seemed to understand. He just hoped she didn't bother Zoe too much when she finally did come downstairs.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 05:06 AM
Local
Kate

It didn't take her long in the end to fall back to sleep, whether it was because she was aware he was affectionately stroking her back or because she was just genuinely tired. Either way, she fell asleep again and didn't wake up until just before eight. It took her a few moments to get her bearings, sleeping in a different bed was always slightly strange to her and so she soon remembered where she was. She also remembered what had happened in the middle of the night and how she'd woken Kieran up as well. Yeah, that had been slightly embarrassing. The good news was that she hadn't had another nightmare, she wasn't even sure she'd had another dream altogether so that was something.

She was the only one still in the bed which she wasn't too surprised about, though she was surprised she hadn't woken up when Kieran had got up - he must have been quiet. She got out of bed and headed for the bathroom, deciding to dress first and do her makeup before going downstairs.

The kitchen was the first place she headed, smiling when she found Kieran and Grace at the table. Grace appeared to be quietly colouring in, something that Zoe had found out a while ago that she seemed to like doing. "Morning..." she looked across at Kieran before touching the top of Grace's head, "Hello sweetie" she smiled, looking down at the colouring book that she was happily colouring in. Oh how she'd love to be a two year old again! Sleeping, eating and playing - that was the life.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 10:31 AM
Local
Natalie

At least Grace seemed to be occupied for now with her colouring in, it gave him a chance to finish his breakfast. He suspected she would soon get bored though and want to move on to something else. The living room would most likely look like a bomb had hit it by the time mid morning rolled around.

Kieran looked up when he heard footsteps approaching the kitchen, Zoe was up and apparently already dressed. "Mornin' sleepyhead" he teased, flashing her a smile and then looking at Grace who had just realised that Zoe had joined them. "ZoZo!" she exclaimed, turning her head to look at Zoe and then passing her a bright orange crayon. "ZoZo colour in too" she said, too which Kieran could only laugh. "Grace... seriously, you could give Zoe a chance to sit down" he grinned, not that she'd understand that or particularly care. "Sorry. Did you sleep okay?" he asked, she at least looked well rested and appeared to be in a good mood, but then she'd only just walked into the kitchen so he couldn't be too sure just yet. "I'll get you a coffee. And I'm about to make some toast if you want some?" he asked, standing up and making a head for the kitchen counter. "Or there's plenty of cereal if you'd prefer" he said, reaching for a spare clean mug so he could pour Zoe a coffee. It was soon placed down in front of her and he took a moment to watch Grace colour in, clearly even happier now she had Zoe to join her. With a smile he headed to the toaster, placing in a couple of slices of bread and flicking the switch down.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:41 PM
Local
Kate

Zoe had certainly slept better than she'd thought she would after that bad dream. Kieran had clearly noticed she seemed to have slept well too, how she'd managed to not wake up when he'd gotten out of bed was a mystery to her. It wasn't like she was a heavy sleeper normally. She laughed as Grace seemed excited to see her, it was adorable actually and Zoe was more than happy to join in with the colouring. "I'd love to do some colouring in with you, Grace" she smiled as she accepted the crayon from her and then sat down beside her, looking over at Kieran quickly who was probably afraid she was being annoyed by his daughter. Well that certainly wasn't the case. "Kieran, it's fine" she smiled and then nodded her head when he asked if she'd slept okay. "Yeah... surprisingly well in the end. I think I must have fallen asleep quite quickly" she said, she wasn't quite sure how she'd managed that but she supposed she shouldn't complain. She'd woken up feeling a bit more refreshed.

Zoe started to help Grace with the colouring in, though she watched as Kieran stood up, she wouldn't have minded getting breakfast herself. "Coffee and toast would be great, thank you" she smiled, she could watch Grace whilst he went to do that though and she was sure he was grateful of another pair of hands. It had to be hard being a single parent, she knew that much from her sister. "You're so good at this, Grace. Does daddy like colouring in too?" she asked, unsure of what that answer would be, but Kieran had always come across as a very hands on dad. She could easily picture him sat with his little girl helping her to colour in.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 10:26 AM
Local
Natalie

Grace certainly seemed delighted that Zoe wanted to join in with her, he had a feeling he was going to have trouble tearing her away from her later. At least Zoe seemed to be okay with it anyway. "I think you fell asleep before I did" he chuckled, it was sometimes hard to tell whether someone was actually asleep or not, especially when they were just lying there being super quiet. "And I didn't want to wake you up this morning, you looked really peaceful... oh and super cute" he winked, not that he'd stood there watching her sleep or anything because that was a bit weird, but he just couldn't help but notice.

Coffee and toast was easy to make, it was really no trouble to him and besides it was easier to do that now there was another adult in the room keeping an eye on Grace. "No problem" he smiled as he went to get started on her breakfast. He was standing there leaning against the counter as he waited for the toast to pop up, smirking as he watched Grace and Zoe together. There was no denying that it was cute. "Yeah... daddy like blue one" Grace announced, choosing the blue crayon this time as she focused on colouring in what looked like a butterfly, at least from where he was standing anyway. "And... daddy like camma" she added, he had no idea why she'd just randomly said that, but he'd learnt that kids did come out with some funny things. And she was definitely at that age now. "Camera" he laughed, just in case Zoe hadn't understood what she'd meant. "Yes, you don't miss a trick do you?" he laughed and then turned around as the two slices of toast popped up which he placed on a plate. "Okay, there's butter... and jelly... whichever you prefer. Help yourself" he said, motioning to them on the table, how he'd managed to be so organised this morning he had no idea. He took a seat at the table again, "Zo... do you want to come and meet my mom later?" he asked, it was something he'd been putting off for a while, not because he was afraid about it, he'd just been trying to find the right time. "I mean... don't worry if you don't want to... it's no biggie. Though I'm pretty sure she might start thinking I have an imaginary girlfriend if I don't introduce you anytime soon" he grinned, he felt confident his mother was going to like her, even if she did happen to be the sister of the guy that had bullied him at school. He planned on leaving that detail out until after they'd met.

--------------------
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 12:00 PM
Local
Kate

She really must have been in a deep sleep not to have woken up when he'd gotten out of bed. Now she wished she had woken up, she had no idea what she looked like when she was asleep so knowing he'd clearly been watching her made her a little paranoid. Even if he told her she'd looked cute. "You were watching me sleep? If I didn't like you so much I'd say that was a little creepy" she teased him, she guessed she could forgive him. The more she slept in his bed with him the more she was sure she'd get used to it. But she made a mental note to watch him whilst he slept as well.

Zoe watched Grace as she coloured in the page in front of her, telling Zoe that her daddy liked the blue crayon the best. How very manly of him. She chuckled when Grace then said that he also liked his camera... at least nearly getting the word right. She was adorable and seemed to have learnt more every time Zoe saw her. "Yes, he does love his camera" she smiled, she was sure Grace was definitely used to the camera by now. She put her crayon down when Kieran brought her round of toast, "Thank you" she said, reaching for a knife and undoing the lid of the jelly.

Halfway through spreading the jelly onto her toast, she raised her eyebrow from across the table at him. He wanted her to meet his mom... the time had come. She thought it was sweet he felt comfortable enough now, did that mean he really was serious about her? She didn't doubt it, though that four letter word beginning with 'L' hadn't been mentioned yet and she didn't really want to be the first one to say it in case he ran away. Zoe smiled and nodded her head, "I'd love to come and meet her" she said, realising she too was going to have to introduce him to her own mother at some point. It would most likely be at Christmas when she came down from Hartford for the holidays. "Um... does she know I'm Matthew's sister?" she asked, she didn't want to be judged for that but she'd rather Kieran be honest about it to his own mother.

--------------------
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 02:19 PM
Local
Natalie

Now he thought about it, watching someone sleep was a little bit creepy. "Aw, but I couldn't help it. Don't worry, it's not like I was gonna take photos of you... now that really would be creepy. I'd be worried then, Zoe" he laughed, he was definitely not the kind of person that went that far. He was still getting used to having someone else sleep in his bed next to him, it had been such a long time since he'd shared with another woman that it was definitely still a novelty at the moment. But hopefully a novelty that wouldn't wear off.

It was always going to be nerve-wracking introducing a new girlfriend to his mother, especially for him because it was something he rarely did. Over the years he'd probably only introduced two or three. Only one of those he'd been serious about. So it was a big deal to be bringing a woman home to meet his mom. But the time was about right and he felt serious enough about Zoe by now. He watched Zoe as he awaited her reaction, luckily she seemed happy about it - although no doubt nervous, it was only natural to feel that way. "That's good" he smiled, looking at Grace for a second before returning his attention to Zoe, he knew why she'd asked that question and he felt bad that she might think people would hold that against her. "No, she doesn't. Not yet. But she wouldn't hold that against you, Zo. Honestly, my mom gets on with everyone, I obviously didn't take after her" he laughed slightly, did that mean he took after his dad? He knew barely anything about him, but that was another story. "She is looking forward to meeting you" he added, hoping that would put her mind at rest. "Shall we go and see Grandma later, Grace?" he asked, peering at her as he took a sip from his coffee. "At Gramma house?" she asked, putting her crayon down as she looked at Kieran. "Yeah, at Grandma's house. She might have some cookies if you ask nicely" he grinned, having Grace around too might help to break the ice a little, though he had a feeling he didn't really have anything to worry about. How could anyone possibly not like Zoe?

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll