February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Lochland AM/FM Radio is on the air
Have you heard the latest? Click Here

Traffic on Route 10? Wet Fireworks? Problems for the Charity Ball? Have you listened to Lochland AM Radio lately?

Missed the last broadcast?
Lochland AM Radio 1
Lochland AM Radio 2
106.3 The Bounce
Weather Warning

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Preparations for the 5th Annual Charity Ball are almost finished. The newly renovated Red Vines Winery is excited to host, opening not only its doors on the 11th but its newly created winelist.

The 2018 Pride Parade is the 30th. Whether you are part of the LGBTQ or an Ally, wear your rainbow and come out to support the community.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

July 8th
The Activity Check is over!

July 7th
The 5th Annual Charity Ball and

The Bachelor Auction!!

July 3rd
Lochland AM is on the Air!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Saturday Morning Pancakes, Tag: Pierre Bauer
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 04:10 PM
Stranger
Mikko

In Pierre's opinion, learning a different language was an amazing thing to do. It could be good for the mind, and also incredibly useful to be able to speak different languages. Even back in Swtizerland when he was working in Zürich he proved useful because he was fluent in three different languages. Being in a German speaking part of Switzerland and knowing how to not only speak German, but Frnech and English as well was useful. And Pierre was always happy to share a little bit of that with people who were eager to learn, and little Hannah definitely seemed keen to learn.

"Very good, no doubt people at daycare will be impressed by your new word." Pierre was happy to teach her more if she wanted, but wasn't going to push it. He didn't want to force himself into something that might make them uncomfortable or seem out of place.

It seemed like every other week something new was considered healthy, and something that had previously been considered healthy now wasn't. Pierre had never been one of those people to follow fad diets or go for the latest superfoods. He mainly went for unprocessed food, and kept junk food to a minimum and he had never had any problems. Certainly he wasn't in need of losing weight as he had always been quite slim, if anything he could probably do with putting on a little bit of weight.

"What is healthy and what isn't changes every week, and what may be suitable for one person might not be suitable for another. I do like buying fresh produce when I can, but there is also nothing wrong with buying what comes from the grocery store. I personally like using fresh, unprocessed food and keeping junk food to a minimum, but i'm not fanatical about it." He had never been big on junk food, and after that attack in 2016 he had lost weight which had been visible since he had never been big to start with, and it had only really been since he had come to Lochland that he had started putting it back on again.

His medical condition also came into it, because if he ate healthily he felt better, got sick less often and had less complications. "For me, I have a medical condition which affects my breathing and can affect other things, so if I eat well I feel better and don't get sick as often."

Faint memories might not be what she was looking for, but Pierre didn't really care if he was remembered or not. Yes, it would be nice, but if someone didn't then he wasn't bothered. He didn't want to be the center of attention anyway, he was happy with being able to help people and make them feel better. "I'm sure that plenty of them will remember for what you have done for them. I can remember a few people from early in my life that have had an impact." Not all of them had been good, but he remembered them. But he didn't really want to go more into his memories of that teacher because it involved talking about his past, and it would very quickly lead into topics that he really didn't want to talk about.

Thinking about the different food groups wasn't something that Pierre consciously thought about when he was cooking, but for a child he understood that it was a good thing to do. "That's very good. I could probably eat a good block of cheese just by itself, but it is a bit nicer when you add it to something."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

Pierre Bauer | 30 | Physiotherapist | From Switzerland
PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 12:38 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace smiled about the kids at daycare being impressed by Hannah. She liked when Hannah could say or do something to impress the other kids and even the staff. It gave her yet another reason to be proud of her daughter, and there were so many reasons already.

Grace agreed about buying healthy food and keeping the junk to a minimum. Just because she didn't believe some of the articles she read didn't mean she justified an overload on chips and cookies. She bought the occasional treat for Hannah, but never in abundance.

"I completely agree," she said. "We'll always about fresh produce, chicken, and low-fat milk products. I'm very happy that Hannah loves pineapple yogurt."

"It's my favorite, but I like strawberry too," smiled Hannah.

Grace wanted to say she was sorry for Pierre's medical condition. However, she was sure he didn't want to hear that. Nobody wanted pity, even if Grace didn't want it to come off as pity.

"I think we all good do with a little healthy eating," she said with a smile.

Grace thought Pierre was very kind to encourage her. Teachers weren't always given appreciation, but it was nice when they did.

"I think we all have people to thank for molding us into what we are," she said. "I... don't communicate much with my parents these days, but they played a big part in shaping me for what I do now."

Grace chuckled about the block of cheese.

"Cheese by itself is delicious," she said. "But I think Hannah and I prefer it with some macaroni."

"Mac n' cheese please!" giggled Hannah.

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:48 AM
Stranger
Mikko

When Pierre brought yoghurt, he was usually boring and brought plain unsweetened Greek yoghurt. He was happy to eat it just like that, but sometimes he added a little bit of fruit to it. Most of the flavoured yoghurt he simply wasn't a big fan of the flavour, or maybe he was just to used to the unsweetened yoghurt. "I haven't tried pineapple yoghurt. I don't mind strawberry, but I usually just buy plain sweetened Greek yoghurt."

Lots of people thought healthy eating was a hastle and expensive, that you simply only ate salad and none of it tasted nice. But that didn't wasn't true. For most people, simply cutting out some of the proccessed junk food they ate and exercising a little more was all they needed to do to feel better and lose some weight if needed. But one of the things that had shocked him about coming to the USA was the size of the portions you got in restaurants; They were honestly far bigger than what he was used to. Really, it made him think that it was no surprise that a lot of Americans were big with portion sized that big.

"Yes, I agree. One of the things that shocked me when I first arrived, flew into New York, and went into a restaurant to get dinner was how big the portion sizes were. Compared to what I was used to, they were hugs, and I think for most people unnecessarily big. Not everywhere is like that though, but it was still shocking."

There were lots of people who worked hard without any sort of encouragement, but a little bit of encouragement went a lot way. Pierre remembered one of his teachers when he first left to study praising his work, and how incredibly good it had made him feel, almost proud of himself, of what he had done.

He felt sorry that she didn't talk to her parents much, something must have happened for it to be that way. But, at least in his mind, they were alive.

"My parents certainly played a part in molding me into who I am, but they both died when I was young so their part was probably small. My sister and her husband probably played a far larger part." David, his brother-in-law, had certainly played a big part in shaping Pierre with years of abuse of all sorts. It had probably stemmed from how David had resented having to not only look after a child that wasn't his, but a child that needed a lot of extra care due to a medical condition. "But experiences can be just as important as shaping, not necessarily people. I know my medical condition certainly has played a large part in shaping who I am. Certainly, my dislike of swimming comes from me not being allowed to swim because if I did I would drown."

Even now, he had never really bothered to learn how to swim. He didn't like it, and didn't really see any reason for him to learn. Plus, part of him was afraid that he might duck under then come up and simply forget to breath again.

"Macaroni and cheese is nice, but I am quite fond of properly made Swiss fondue. Delicious."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 02:25 PM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace didn't want to be rude, but she had never been a fan of Greek yogurt. She didn't know if Hannah would have liked it or not, but her daughter hadn't tried it yet. There were a few things she wanted Hannah to try eventually, and hopefully her daughter would like them.

"That's the good thing about yogurt," she said. "There's quite a variety to choose from."

Grace chuckled a little about how big the portion sizes in American restaurants could be. She looked at her and Hannah's breakfast. The diner was certainly generous.

"Restaurants certainly want you to get your money's worth here," she said. "But the good thing, there are always to-go boxes."

Grace frowned when Pierre said his parents died. She hoped she could make up with her parents before they did so.

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents," she said. She then nodded about experiences and how they teach. She definitely agreed there. "Experience is definitely a strong teacher. I've learned my share of lessons in life. Hannah has too, like when she swings too high."

"I fell off and had to get a band-aid on my arm and knee," said Hannah.

"And you don't swing so high now, do you?"
smiled Grace.

"Nope!"

Swiss Fondue? Grace perked up at that.

"Oh that sounds amazing," she said. "I'll have to look that one up."

PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 02:04 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Everyone had different tastes, liked different things, and Pierre had no problems with people who didn't like something that he did. There was nothing wrong with that. He was probably a bit boring in his food choices in that he usually ate quite healthy and didn't really eat a lot of sweet things, instead keeping them for an occasional treat.

The service size at this place was definitely an American sized serving, and he honestly didn't know if he was going to be able to eat it all. His opinion on them wanting to give you your money's worth differed slightly, because in his opinion having a large service size made it easy to over eat, especially if it was something that wasn't good for you. Mind you, he hardly ever visited restaurants or fast food outlets, so it didn't really worry him too much. "Yes, that is one way of looking at it." However he wasn't going to get into a debate with Grace about that now.

His food here, though, was really quite nice, even if it was on the large side.

"Thank you. It was a long time ago now. Experiences are definitely a strong teacher for us all. And it is bad that Hannah fell off, but you learned from it which is good. I had a trach tube for many years, which is a tube that goes into your windpipe, and that definitely had a bit impact on my life because there is a lot of things you can't do with a trach." It had been a good day when he had finally been able to take it out, relying on his diaphragm pacer instead, which offered so much more freedom at night and when he was sick and needed it.

Swiss fondue was definitely something that he quite enjoyed, and he was happy to offer her a few tips. "When properly done it is delicious. You cook it on the stove, when when you want to eat it put it in a fondue pot with a burner underneath to keep it warm. In Switzerland we only dip bread in it, something where every piece has a crust, and when you dip it you bottom and the sides of the pot so it doesn't burn, and if you do it right when you have finished you have a little burnt circle on the bottom which I think is always nice." It probably seemed a little over the top, but that was how he had learned to do it and still did, and it was always good.

"I can give you a recipe if you like. The cheese is obviously most important part. I like using a combination of Gruyère and Emmenthaler, real decent cheese not the generic, processed stuff. Add a little bit of spreadable cheese along with a bit of kirsh and sour white wine. The alcohol cooks out so it's safe for children. I have a craving for fondue now, I think I might need to stop by the grocery store later and get some cheese and make it tonight."

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 08:01 AM
Newcomer
Shade

Grace was sad to hear what Pierre had to go through. He seemed like a strong man for making it through, and that was admirable.

"I think life throws all manner of challenges at us," she said. "I know I've had a few of my own, especially before I came here." She didn't want to go into that anymore than what she just said, especially with Hannah there. She could never bring herself to tell Hannah that her grandparents didn't want to see her.

Grace then smiled about the fondue. She loved hearing people speak about how to prepare something. It helped her with ideas on those big occasions when she did cook more.

"That sounds yummy!" said Hannah.

"It does sound delicious,"
said Grace. Pierre then offered the recipe, and Grace took a pen and notepad out and wrote it out. "Thank you very much. I'm definitely going to try this."

Soon, their food was finished, and Grace felt sad to go as she and Hannah had made a new friend.

"I'm afraid we have to run along," she said to the man. "Errands and all, but if you want to chat again, we're here almost every Saturday morning."
PM
^
Pierre Bauer
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:28 AM
Stranger
Mikko

Pierre had certainly gone through a lot of challenges in his life, and CCHS was only one of those. Growing up in itself had been a big challenge, not just because of CCHS but because of all the abuse he suffered at the hands of his brother-in-law David. It had influenced and impacted him deeply, even to today. That attack in 2016 had only made matters worse, made him more reluctant to trust people just in case something like that happened again.

"It certainly does, I think everyone has challenges in life. The best thing we can do is to stand tall and try to get through it as best we can, when we come out the other side it came make us stronger." He wasn't going to ask her about what challenges she had been through. He wasn't going into much detail about his own either, so he understood that she might not want to talk about it. Pierre certainly didn't want to talk much about his own.

"Oh it is very yummy. I might just have to make some for dinner tonight, now I have a craving for it. So good luck with trying it out, I hope it works and you enjoy it."

He felt a little disappointed to see them go for some reason, which was odd as they had only just met. But they did seem to get along. However he wasn't going to keep her from whatever she else she had to do.

"That's okay, I won't keep you. It was nice talking to you Grace, and you as well Hannah, I hope to run into you again some time." He had enjoyed talking with her, and didn't have any more expectations that maybe being able to talk some more in the future. It would be nice, and it was always good for him to be able to meet new people here.

--------------------

Pierre Bauer
Mathias Falk

PM
^
Grace Miller
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:39 PM
Newcomer
Shade

(Alrighty, wrapping up)

Grace smiled at the man. He seemed like such a sweet guy, but she felt any friendship, especially with a man who wasn't a colleague, had to be built slowly. Perhaps if they met a few more times at the cafe or ran into one another somewhere, their friendship could become stronger and Grace could invite him over to dinner or something. Time would tell.

"You should definitely come back here next time!" said Hannah. "I like you, Mister Pierre!"

"I do too,"
smiled Grace. "Enjoy your day, Pierre." She then took Hannah's hand and went up to the counter to pay.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll