February 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

The Lochland Times has opened their doors to Lochland Grove students to help write April's newspaper. What did they write about? Rain, illegal hunting traps, fireman's breakfasts, art exhibitions, and so much more.

You'll have to look inside to see.

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Student Art Exhibition

Students from Kindergarten to College are displaying their art for the community.

Fireman's Breakfast

The Fire Department is running a fundraiser and cooking plenty of bacon and eggs. Come support the LGFD.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

April 14th
Whoa! A New Newspaper!

April 8th
The Activity Check is over!

April 1st
Activity Check!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Coming Home [M], Tag: Kiefer Carter
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 01:01 AM
Local
gustopholous

Over the course of the past... nearly decade now, Kiefer had learned to be independent. To an extent. But it was the vague awareness that his parents would rescue him from any given situation should it grow to be too much which had allowed him to be so blithely reckless for so long.
Yes, he was an adult. You bet your ass he was... He was too old, and he had worked too hard to establish himself to take orders from them. But trouble had a way of flipping that switch in an instant. Suddenly a little groveling didn't seem too far beneath him.
This wasn't unmanageable (somehow he had managed to avoid adding another point to the teenage pregnancy statistics; what a fucking miracle), but this wasn't something he'd been even remotely prepared to do in reality. His mouth (or his dick, in this instance; it was always one of the two) had gotten him into trouble again, and he needed someone to intervene... even if it was just encouragement and a box of diapers. He needed his mom, and he hated that Blake was trying to take that away from him.
Sitting still was not appealing, but he plodded obediently to his room regardless and switched on the television. At least, with the burden of conversation temporarily removed, he would have opportunity to think uninterrupted. Kiefer kicked off his shoes and clambered on top of the sheets, splaying his legs carelessly in front of him as he leaned against the headboard. Blake took possession of the remote. Channels turned at random intervals, but his gaze was unfixed, his attention elsewhere. A sulking expression had taken up residence on his features.

--------------------
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I've dreamt about you nearly every night this week...
How many secrets can you keep?
Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow
When I play it on repeat until I fall asleep.
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 07:52 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake did not have a family to go crawling to if things fell apart. Perhaps having nowhere to curl up and die had been why she moved on so quickly after Ben. With Ben, she’d been a mess about the baby. Without Ben… well, it was not that she had recovered, but she moved quickly. Carla’s family liked her, but she hadn’t even known them at the time. Rosie would have tried to be supportive, but at twenty she wasn’t able to do much, much less when she’d been sixteen. You couldn’t really go grovel to no one and expect anything to come of it.

It was a miracle that Kiefer’s last girlfriend had told him no to having a baby right then. Blake hadn’t so much said yes, as she hadn’t been as careful as she should have been. This one could be more easily blamed on her. Well, blamed on both of them, but more so than the last time. They were in this together, but it seemed the boat they found was longer than expected, and they were on opposite ends. If Kiefer wanted his mother, fine. Kiefer could have his mother, but it was Blake who didn’t want left alone with the woman. She couldn’t have guessed how her not wanting to be alone with a stranger would register as taking something away from Kiefer. He was welcome to share, and even if she didn’t want him to go telling people right now, it was hardly like Blake told people a hard “no.”

Whatever was going through Kiefer’s head, he wasn’t talking. He came to the room without a word. He kicked off his shoes and let Blake control the channels. He wasn’t very responsive, so she supposed he was zoning out, not watching anything. He looked unhappy. Blake ended up watching Spanish TV for a good twenty minutes before just moving on to an infomercial. Kiefer didn’t seem particularly cuddly, but Blake leaned against his arm anyway. She wasn’t going to let some unspoken distress shove her away into some paranoid depression. She was happy to be home with him. She’d missed him terribly. She wasn’t sure what she was doing with her life at the moment, but she was not going to sit in bed with him and not enjoy at least that aspect. She considered asking him if he was alright, or what he was thinking about, at some point, but instead she decided to not ruin the calm. He needed mental space, and she needed to not have him tearing down the paper walls between her and anxiety.

Sometimes Blake took to telling Kiefer she loved him when she wasn’t sure what else to do. That didn’t seem like a good tactic now. Nothing was wrong, but things weren’t right either. It was limbo. She was tired. She changed the channel several more times until it settled on some reality show about teenage girls who were kids of preachers. Weird. Lots weird. She didn’t even care, but it was on, and she yawned. The blanket she had on her was warm enough, and even if Kiefer didn’t want to sit still, he made a good pillow when he did. Blake found herself dozing off against his arm without actual conversation to keep her focused.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
Tracker - Heterosexual – Cashier at Bob’s - 265 Litchfield Dr.
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:17 AM
Local
gustopholous

Television was an easy escape... Or at least it gave the illusion of one. His eyes were trained warily in the direction of the screen, though it wasn't until the third iteration of a pant-suited woman entreating him to llame ahora for his 2 medidores gratis that Kiefer realized he hadn't understood a goddamn word of what had been said in the last quarter hour. Was that guy a real doctor? That ill-fitting lab coat was less than convincing.
It occurred to him afterward that Blake's discomforted shuffling had helped to awaken him to reality. He glanced at her without engaging. It took some effort to appear to be more interested in the commercial than her conflicted expression, but still he managed. An elderly woman was presumably raving about how this medical technology had restored her ability to... pick flowers and power walk through her white suburban retirement community. You go, abeula.
It might be fair to call his family enabling, even if Campbell had made his opinions perfectly clear. The man's reluctance didn't matter, because the end result was always the same. They could go through the charade a thousand times, but deep down they both knew better. Sans safety net, Kiefer would have been a much faster learner. This appeared to presently be unfortunate for both of them. Regression into old habits was not the ideal response to this sort of news.
How Emily had managed to avoid pregnancy for 9 months together was frankly amazing. Neither of them had been particularly responsible about birth control... a thought which might have disturbed Kiefer if he had spent more than ten minutes considering it. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Did that logic follow in paternity suits? Food for thought. Or not.
With her head on his arm, his hand slipped automatically between her thighs. It was an innocuous gesture. God, could he even think about that right now? Let's be honest: probably. Her warmth, her weight was reassuring. Gradually, he turned away from the TV as she explored their options.
"Do you really want to have a kid with me?" There was a detached note of disbelief. They had talked about it, but... fuck. This was a lot more binding than a hypothetical.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 02:04 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake was all but asleep, but Kiefer’s hand moved between her legs. There were touches that she understood. Kiefer was often sexual, and Blake hadn’t forgotten that in her month away. If she had, he’d definitely reminded her the moment he was awake enough to realize that she was home. Some touches were not sexual. If Kiefer offered no affection that was not actively trying to get in her pants, it would do more to turn her off than turn her on. It was probably mostly sex, but not always. This wasn’t that. It was comforting.

She rubbed her face against his shoulder, yawning. “Do you really want to have a kid with me?

Well that was upbeat. Blake blinked, resisting yawning again, but only just. She thought about it. There were two ways to take that question. “Like… do I want to have a kid with you as opposed to with someone else or… do I want to have a kid with you, as opposed to… just being with you and not having a kid?” Literally, did it matter? Did she want to have his kid. A kid. With Kiefer. His child. Their child. “Yes. I want to have a kid, ideally eventually kids, with you. We’re not… the most responsible adults, I know, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a kid with you. I do. I don’t just say it to say it. I’m freaked out but… yeah, I do…” Although the fact that he asked did make her a bit paranoid, “Do you want to have a kid with me?” Maybe that was part of why he was so… detached.

--------------------
Ianthe StuartTeagan LandryUriah SuttonFrankie NazarroSabrina HarrisonSeraphim DrakeBlake Gutierrez
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 09:49 AM
Local
gustopholous

The fact that Kiefer could mature to a point where he might be in bed with a woman and not act sexually would be a surprise to anyone, including himself. But sex had gotten him into this situation, and somehow he suspected it would not be useful in getting him out of it. His question could be interpreted in any number of ways, but eventually Blake seemed to latch onto the intended insecurity.
We’re not… the most responsible adults, I know, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a kid with you. She emphasized the sentiment to no avail. Kiefer's movements were sluggish as he measured their future. It had been so much simpler in his imaginings, but rarely did anyone include such mundane inconveniences as hospital bills and personality incompatibilities in their daydreaming. That would kind of defeat the purpose of dreaming. When it actually happened, these things were harder to just blithely ignore. Reality was kind of a bitch that way.
He wasn't saying she should consider an abortion. Was he? This was what they had wanted. It was just that... now he didn't feel ready. It was bad timing with work and the band and their housing situation. Nothing about it was ideal, to be honest, especially if she was reluctant to rely on his parents. He was allowed to silently disagree with her optimism until the question was reversed. Do you want to have a kid with me?
"I don't want to ruin your life." So dramatic. It was a reasonable fear, though, wasn't it? If either of them had entertained the idea of going back to college, they could drop it for the next few years. Hope you like being a cashier, sweetheart. Quirks that had been endearing when they first started dating might not remain so once the realization that they were stuck together (forever, to a degree) was fully absorbed. Life wasn't going to be nearly as fun or carefree any more, and that had a way of bringing out the worst in people like Kiefer. Not that he was considering running away from the responsibility. Yet.
"You could do better." She would argue the opposite. He knew she would... but what did that change? He was right.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 11:09 AM
Newcomer
Jaya

Kiefer could be in bed with a woman and not act sexually. It had happened, whether or not his mind was at that place. He hadn’t been sexual when they were watching Harry Potter, for example. He was not being realistic, although maybe that was mixed in, he was being dark. Negative. Possibly like another Carter who didn’t want his life locked in place because of an unintended pregnancy, or children, or really any of it. Kiefer was being pretty harsh and Blake was a wilted flower, even if she didn’t mean to be.

Sex would not get Kiefer out of his girlfriend being pregnant. He was in a fog and Blake just wanted to feel like she was standing on some solid ground. How were things easier on tour? How? Because when asked if he wanted to have a kid with her, he didn’t even answer. Oh, he said words. They didn’t answer. And when someone didn’t answer a question like that, you took it as a no. Who wouldn’t? Did he want to have a kid with her? He didn’t want to ruin her life. Right, so did he want to have a kid with her? She could do better. Yeah, so what? Who cared? What did it matter? So that was the answer she got.

Blake just sat there, thinking about his complete lack of answer. Maybe it was dumb. Risking what she had for what he wanted. Not intentionally, but she hadn’t been as careful as she should have been. She was alright with this outcome, before now. She wasn’t having an abortion for Christ’s sake, but that didn’t mean things were going at all well. What was she supposed to do with this? He didn’t want to ruin her life.”You aren’t ruining my life,” she informed him, sounding a bit blank. He wasn’t ruining her life, but right now he was scaring her. She needed to be calm, not get up and go hide in the bathroom. He didn’t like when she got upset and walked off anyway. She had never thought about going to college, she didn’t need it. What she needed to do was pursue her music, not her grocery store job.

You could do better.

That’s not how life works. People aren’t… trading cards and you don’t just keep trading up until you get the best one. I don’t…” she felt it in her chest, in her face. She blinked and kept breathing slowly, she didn’t need this. She might have said she loved him but given his last answer, that hurt. “I’m not doing better, I’m not going to do that, so it doesn’t even matter.” Could she do better? Maybe. She really hadn’t thought out her prospects. She just… loved Kiefer and figured that was good enough. Apparently not.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 12:08 PM
Local
gustopholous

If Blake had thought he wasn't being sexual at any point in their relationship thus far, she was more naive than he had suspected. Just because he didn't have his hand down her pants didn't mean he wasn't actively thinking about how to get it there. Always. If the sexual tension had flown below her radar, he had failed to do his job, because he was definitely trying to have sex with her then.
News of the baby was singular in its ability to banish the thought from his mind. How long had it been? Three hours? That had to be a record. He couldn't even escape the urge when he was sleeping.
Her insistence was almost as effective as her earlier optimism... that is to say not at all. Maybe he wasn't ruining her life now, but nothing had happened yet. She might change her tune in nine months or so... when nothing could be done about it. Hindsight was as useless as it was enlightening.
Kiefer furrowed his brow at the vague outline of his lower half beneath the duvet. He didn't want to look at her. The thoughts running through his mind were treacherous, perhaps unforgivable. His best move right now was to trust her. If he was lucky, she wouldn't forget this conversation when hardship arose. He had expressed his doubt, his misgivings. Hopefully that would be enough to divert the blame. I told you so.
Blake proceeded to explain to him how life worked, and he had to wonder how the two of them could see things from such widely differing perspectives. How was that not how life worked? It might not be an active decision (although in some cases it was), but people tended toward the best option for their circumstances. It was innate, literally the driving force behind the survival of the species. Picking the best mate was arguably one of the most important decisions an individual could make. Who do you think got more tail: Bradley Cooper or the homeless guy on the corner? Actually, that wasn't a fair question. Those homeless orgies got pretty wild.
Even in sight of logic, her resolve was hardened. I’m not doing better, I’m not going to do that, so it doesn’t even matter. Was a shrug inappropriate here? Probably, yes. It sounded that she had made her decision, so why try to convince her otherwise? Because it was his life, too. Somehow that didn't seem to matter. The pro-choice movement was all well and good, but it seemed only one person's choice counted. God, what was he thinking?
"We'll make it work." It might have been more comforting if he didn't sound like he was settling.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 12:52 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Blake could be pretty socially oblivious sometimes. It was no doubt one of those quirks that was going to wear on Kiefer now that he was “stuck with her” potentially forever. How romantic. This was one of those days that reinforced the idea that everyone was much better off not being able to read minds. It would just have sent Blake away, and she couldn’t even guess if her thoughts would have made an impact on Kiefer right now. He seemed to be in a mental vortex, honestly. Just sending out little pieces of shrapnel every so often once he’d crushed some new mechanism in his pessimism.

If Kiefer thought that this conversation would serve him later, he was fucking wrong. What good was it going to do when there was stress and he was thinking he’d been right? No duh there would be stress, and hardship. The solution wasn’t to kill the baby. If he wanted so badly to not have to have a kid, they could break up. Because much as Blake was nowhere near wanting to break up, she’d keep the kid over making things convenient for Kiefer. If she had to, she would move to New York, move in with Carla, sort something out. It was not as if Blake would turn to Kiefer and ask why he hadn’t explained the problems sooner. She’d been in this position before,sort of. And besides, he might think that nine months from now, or so, was too late, but it was too late for Blake already. So his anxieties were truly too late to make a difference. If they’d been timely, they would be different, but no, he hadn’t told her so… not when it had any chance of mattering.

If he wanted his life to be easier, he could get out of it. She might not even bother making him pay her, because Blake was never good at holding people accountable. He wasn’t clear on his goal, if he was actually trying to convince her to not have the baby. He said that he would make it work, and it sounded like resignation. How exactly did he go so quickly, so hard, from wanting this, and even happy, to then… this? What was this? Blake needed to get up, she felt like she was falling into a coma. “That’s the idea… I’m sorry you are unhappy about this…” The “we” in “we’ll make it work” really sounded like irony at the moment.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:48 PM
Local
gustopholous

There were all sorts of things that Kiefer liked in concept without the commitment of aiming for them. It was natural, for instance, to fantasize about certain outcomes that, in actuality, were not at all wise or advantageous or even fucking feasible, and he was beginning to think that having a child was one of them. To realize that Blake would rather leave him than lose the baby would be... disappointing but not entirely surprising.
Simply putting this off until a better time did not appear to be an option. It was "now or never" as it were. A great fucking philosophy for having children, but far be it from him to try to change her mind. Kiefer feared for the fallout should the word abortion even be spoken aloud. He was contemplating his options, or lack thereof, when she continued. I’m sorry you are unhappy about this… Was there any way that wasn't a trap, or was he just feeling particularly victimized at the moment?
"I never said that." Not exactly. What else could he say, though? You're right. This sucks. I wasn't ready. We should have been more careful. Could she deny that? Was she determined to be positive or willfully ignorant? It was going to suck. Hard. They would be fortunate if they didn't end up bankrupt and homeless. It might not be the best way to celebrate, but it was true. Why was he the asshole for recognizing that? He hadn't said anything wrong. He couldn't magically will himself into feeling better about this.
"I'm going to go make lunch." He didn't wait for a response before moving toward the edge of the bed. He wasn't hungry, but... fuck. Anything to get out of here.

--------------------
PM
^
Blake Gutierrez
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 02:27 PM
Newcomer
Jaya

Kiefer should probably come with a disclaimer. A disclaimed that people who weren’t Blake wouldn’t need. Poor planning, not fully baked ideas, endorse with caution. Yeah, it was both their faults. She should have just gotten some long term birth control and not had this problem. It would be easier in time. In years, if they were still together without the pressure of a baby. With the pressure of her band touring. That was a big deal, and it had been uncomfortable for the both of them, even with Kiefer visiting once. He couldn’t exactly come with her. It was a mess, but that didn’t change her attitude. If she dropped the glass on the floor, she could stand there and lament that the glass was gone and there were shards everywhere, or she could just accept it, clean up the glass, and find a new cup. She was not going to let having a baby ruin anything, and she was not going to let Kiefer talk her into feeling like there was something wrong with the baby either. Whatever it was he was trying to do.

Maybe it wasn’t “now or never,” maybe it was “now, or now and never.” She was sort he was unhappy. There wasn’t anything she could do, even if she cared about his happiness. It wasn’t a trap. Why would it be a trap? Why would she suddenly be out to get him? Had she ever been trying to trap or upset him? Ever? Even when she walked away, it wasn’t something against him. She never wanted to hurt him, and she didn’t go out of her way to get him to say things that made him look back. He could do that on his own if he wanted, but she wasn’t angling for it.

She was determined to be positive, as best she could. It was not good for her, the baby or Kiefer. If he thought spiraling her into depression would benefit him, he was wrong. It wouldn’t make it any easier and he still wouldn’t be getting what he wanted right now. At least not intentionally. It might happened accidentally, but he wouldn’t want to deal with that either. She could not even let the thought linger in her mind lest it upset her too much. He never said he was unhappy. Yes he did. He didn’t state it in those words, but he absolutely said he was unhappy. She was socially oblivious, not in a coma.

I’m going to go make lunch.

Cool. Blake didn’t walk off. For his sake. But he was going to go make lunch. Yeah, okay. “Okay.” He was walking off already. “I’ll just stay in here.” Or something. When he left the room she realized she was just staring blankly at the bed. She should move. She was tired. She got up slowly and went to the bathroom to wash her face. Planning was not her forte. She was no better at it than Kiefer, was she? But it would be fine. It had to be. She couldn’t… do that. She’d felt so much better before. Terrified, but not claustrophobic. God she felt claustrophobic. She wet her neck and fixed her hair, made sure she was bundled enough, and walked out to the porch to sit down. She’d meant to stay in the room but she really needed to be somewhere besides that space. Maybe she would just stay there for a few hours… maybe a coma actually sounded nice.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6 
Add Reply
New Poll