February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 16st
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16st
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

One of Those Mornings, Tag: Natalie, Kieran Hill
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 10:07 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran was not a fan of baby talk, he used a softer tone of voice when he spoke to Grace but he never gave her ridiculous nicknames or spoke to her like he was talking a whole different language altogether with silly made-up words. He'd seen parents do that and it usually made him roll his eyes. Each to their own because everyone had their own way of doing things and there was certainly no right or wrong way. He could spend all the time he wanted with Grace, but of course he still craved adult company and didn't seem to have enough of it. Kieran smiled as he watched Tom interact with his dad, it was cute. Grace didn't talk much at the moment, but he would have all this to come.

He knew he was lucky to have the support of his family but he hated having to rely on them even though his mother would probably look after Grace full time if he wanted. He didn't want that, because he wanted to be able to cope as much as he could. But it was nice to able to have a night off parenting duties to go out. He wasn't entirely sure how dating was going to pan out, but if he didn't try then he could end up missing out on something really special. Kieran took a sip from his tea whilst he thought about it, laughing slightly when Monday suggested they were the single dad's club. Actually, he knew Mathias who had raised his son alone, but now he was with Charlotte and that seemed to be pretty serious so technically he wasn't a single dad he supposed. "You're right... I think we might be. But hey, that's cool" he grinned, he knew it was fairly unusual for the father to be looking after their kids full time... unless maybe the mother had passed away, but weren't all families different these days? Monday's question was an interesting one, he felt he could at least answer the question without getting into too much detail about his circumstances. He had difficultly opening up about it, the only person besides his family that knew was Zoe. "Since about twelve hours after she was born" he gave a small nervous laugh before hesitating for a moment. The truth was he'd gotten a nineteen year old pregnant, not something he really wanted the world knowing even if it wasn't his fault she'd lied about her age. "The girl I stupidly got involved with didn't want anything to do with her. If it wasn't for me she'd have been up for adoption" he shrugged, he wasn't sure he'd be able to live the rest of his life knowing he had a daughter somewhere being brought up by someone else. "How about you?" he turned the question on Monday quickly, almost trying to avoid having to open up further. It was something Kieran tended to be good at, besides work he had a real issue talking about himself.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 04:37 AM
Newcomer
Caturae

Although Tom and Josh were wildly different as babies, Monday still felt more confident the second time around when it came to certain things. It probably also helped that he wasn't a sixteen year old petrified of doing anything wrong that might hurt his child. The first time around, his older sister Indie had been a miracle worker, and not only due to her nurturing nature. Her training as a nursery nurse definitely had its benefits.

Monday didn't baby talk with Josh when other adults were around, it seemed pointless, but he did when it was only him and Josh. There was no making up words or silly nicknames, but he spoke in a higher pitch, his voice sing-song like, and Monday knew his son enough to recognise that Josh paid more attention when he did so. Indie had rambled off some study or theory, ending with the opinion that it was good for toddlers one on one rather than bad, as long as the right intonation and correct words were emphasised, helping encourage them to babble and therefore talk. It all seemed a little too complicated for Monday to understand all the specifics, but he trusted his sister and he was up for anything if it would be of benefit to his sons.

He hadn't met many other single dads in the town, though, he hadn't met many other people at all. It was more common than when Monday was first a single father but still considered more unusual. He listened, Josh wriggling slightly in his arms, as Kieran explained a little how he'd ended up in such a situation. Monday was a little surprised, though he didn't let it show, and a little annoyed with himself for being quick to assume. Considering Kieran was older and seemed fairly put together, Monday would have been ready to guess that he was a widower.

"Me?" Monday let out a laugh similarly nervous to how Kieran's had been, readjusting Josh aginst himself, "I've been on my own since Tom was about... two,[b]" it was hard to judge when his journey into single-parentdom had begun, even when he and Sarah were still technically together after Tom's birth, she'd been too ill to do much and Monday had shouldered all of the responsibility even then, [b]"We - me and his mum - we were young, it was unexpected." He glanced to Tom, always wary of going into too much detail as he knew children took in a lot more information than many adults realised, but Tom just grinned, stepping into the conversation he'd obviously been half-listening to.

"I was a surprise, but a good surprise." Tom announced, smiling proudly, "So was Joshy."

Monday smiled at Kieren when Tom returned most of his focus to playing, continuing, prepared to be extra cautious with his words and feeling a little embarrassed. No, neither of his children had been planned, products and proof of Monday's most irresponsible moments. He might have opened up a tiny bit more but he was overly conscious of what Tom might overhear. Kieran's own situation shared more than a little with Monday's. Sarah hadn't been interested in being involved with their children, though it was a lot more complicated than that. "Yep, both good surprises." Monday just finished with. He looked to Kieran, "I understand not wanting anyone else to raise your own kids. It never felt like an option for me." It was one he was familiar with - it had really been pushed and him and Sarah when she was pregnant with Tom, many social workers sceptical of two people so young being able or wanting to look after a baby. Monday had never been able to seriously consider it.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 06:53 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran realised how bad it had sounded when he'd told Monday how he'd stupidly got involved with some girl. It had been a careless mistake and at his age he should have known better. He definitely thought twice now about the women he dated. Not that he'd been on the dating scene for some time so he had all this to come. Maybe it would have been nice to be able to say he'd been in love with Grace's mother, but the reality was that that was far from the truth. Sure, he'd enjoyed Carly's company but if he was completely honest, it had mainly been just sex. Nothing more. And then when he'd found out she'd been lying about her age he'd felt dirty. He'd been mortified having to find out he was sleeping with someone that was barely legal. Getting her pregnant just topped everything off. It was a situation he so easily could have run away from and pretended hadn't happened.

He had gathered that clearly Monday had been very young when he'd had Tom, so their cirumstances were different although it was clear neither of them had properly been ready to have a child. If he'd been doing all this on his own since Tom was two, then he wondered if the two boys even had the same mother. He wasn't going to ask that question. "Ah, well it's good that you took on that responsibility though. Most young guys wouldn't" he shrugged, Kieran wasn't so sure he'd have been able to do the same thing if this had happened when he'd been much younger. He'd have felt it would just have ruined his life and all the plans he had for himself. "I was... thirty-three when Grace came along and I still didn't feel ready for fatherhood" he laughed, to be fair he was sure most men felt a bit like that. But he'd been financially secure, owned a big enough house and had support from his family. Yeah, it was a challenge but one he hadn't regretted despite how tough it felt at times.

It soon became apparent that Tom had been listening to the conversation meaning that they definitely had to be careful what they said. "Good surprises are definitely the best surprises" Kieran grinned at Tom before glancing at Monday again and nodding his head. "Right. I just don't think I could sleep at night knowing someone else was bringing up my daughter. I'd be too curious" he said, it wasn't just that, he didn't want to end up like his own father who had walked out on him at the age of three and never come back.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 10:41 AM
Newcomer
Caturae

Monday hadn't thought that he would take on such a responsibility until it was thrust upon him, but he wasn't going to say that in front of Tom. He knew that even when his older son didn't appear to be listening, he was taking in more than it might seem. "Maybe." Was all Monday said, smiling.

He was interrupted by Tom gasping, then laughing."Thirty-tree?!" he exclaimed, "That's old! Are you thirty-three?" He asked Kieran, apparently only half listening and surprised that Kieran was so 'old'. "Tom, " Monday frowned at him, though he was surprised at how old Kiiran was too, not expecting it. He'd been double the age Monday had been when he'd become a father. Still, Monday wasn't about to let Tom's behaviour slide. "That's rude." He told tom. "Sorry." Tom said quickly, glancing up at his dad and then back to Kieran. "That's older than Indie." Tom said to Monday, as if in explanation. Monday's frown lessened. "It's still rude." He said, but he smiled.

A smile that was wiped off his face a few moments later.

"My dad was sixteen when I was born." Tom announced, "And I'm nearly eight! In... one week... and three days! I'm having a party." He said, proudly. "There's going to be dinosaurs."

Monday felt a little mortified, but he tried not to let it show. There was no privacy when it came to kids. He glanced to Kieran to see his reaction but swiftly moved on, glad that Tom had at least slightly changed the subject. "There's definitely going to be dinosaurs... and cake." He smiled. There was going to be a dinosaur shaped birthday cake but he'd been leaving that as a surprise for Tom.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 05:51 AM
Local
Natalie

Kieran had to laugh as Tom suddenly caught on to how old he was. "Actually, I'm thirty-five now, Tom" he grinned, he didn't really think about his age much, to him it was really just a number and he certainly didn't feel as if he was a man in his mid-thirties. He felt like he'd grown up a bit more in the past couple of years, but he didn't really feel any different to how he had in his mid-twenties. Time just seemed to go way too quickly. Monday didn't have to apologise, in fact he'd found it rather amusing, "I'm not offended" he laughed, looking at Tom again. "Who's Indie?" he asked out of curiosity, he wasn't sure if that was actually a real person or just some character in a television show that Tom might watch.

It became clear that Monday was definitely considerably younger than himself. He'd been sixteen when he'd had Tom. Good god. Kieran hadn't even had any experience whatsoever with girls at that age. They hadn't even looked at him considering he'd just been a joke at school. All his birthdays and Christmasses had come at once when he'd started college and all of sudden girls were into him. He'd soon made up for his lack of experience. "Eight?! Wow... now you're catching me up" he laughed, "Well, not quite" he added with a small grin, he liked the sound of Tom's birthday party though, what young boy didn't like dinosaurs? "Real dinosaurs? I hope you have a big house" he joked, looking over at Monday who seemed to look rather glad that the subject had changed. "Is he having many friends to his party?" he asked, he hoped for Monday's sake it wasn't going to be a large number because he wasn't sure how parents could handle that. Oh god, was he going to have all this to come with Grace? Birthday parties, sleepovers... that kind of thing. So much for having a quiet house, he felt like he'd never have that again!

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 10:34 AM
Newcomer
Caturae

Thirty-five. It was mind boggling to think that when Monday was thirty-five, he'd have a son who was legally considered an adult. No, not mind-boggling - scary. Tom.. dating, being a teenager.. driving.... Monday took a deep breath at the thought, eager to check back out of that box of worms and back into the conversation in the present.

"My sister." Monday said at the same time as Tom answered "My aunt." in response to Kieran's question as to who Indie was. Monday chuckled. Tom continued, "I get to call her Indie because she says Aunty makes her feel old." he explained, a little proudly. Tom's beamed a smile at Kieran and flopped back on the couch, returning to playing with Flappy, making the toy swoop over his own head. "Not real dinosaurs." He said, raising a sassy eyebrow at Kieran, "Only crocodiles are left and I don't want one of those at my party. My grandma has a big house... but probably not big enough for a big dinosaur skeleton like in museums. Unless it was a small dinosaur like a Compsognathus..."

"Just a few friends." Monday intervened to answered Kieran before the conversation ended on Tom instructing Kieran about dinosaurs or Tom asking if he could have a museum artifact loaned to the house for his birthday. He gave Kieran a knowing smile, sure he might realise that any more than a few children would be a nightmare. Even only a few eight year old children was going to be difficult enough to keep entertained. "It means they can do more, too. I've got plenty planned. He smiled at Tom, Tom pulling a face and Josh letting out a sudden peal of laughter. "You've still got a few years before you'll be doing the same." Monday chuckled at Kieran.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 10:00 AM
Local
Natalie

Indie turned out to be Monday's sister. Tom's Aunt. "Indie is a cool name" he said, he wondered if that was short for something. He could have made a joke about suggesting that his sister should have been called Tuesday or Wednesday but he suspected Monday had probably heard enough jokes like that in the past. Kieran grinned at Tom who was clearly quite intelligent and obviously clued up on the subject of dinosaurs. "Right... silly me, I forgot dinosaurs are extinct" he chuckled, "I think you're going to have to give me a lesson on dinosaurs sometime, Tom" he grinned, he was sure the young boy could probably talk for hours about them if he wanted to.

It seemed like a good idea that there would just be a few friends round for the birthday party, hopefully they wouldn't cause too much trouble for Monday although Kieran knew what boys of Tom's age could be like having been one himself. He hoped Tom had gotten in with a good group of friends because that was Kieran's worry for when Grace started school... what if she got in with the wrong crowd? Or what if she didn't make any friends altogether? He knew it was too soon to be worrying about this, but his own experience of school had been so bad that he worried that history might repeat itself somehow. "Hopefully they won't be too much of a handful for you" he laughed slightly and then nodded his head when Monday pointed out he'd have this to come in a few years. "I know. Except it'll be princess themed or something like that... oh man, I don't see myself wearing a tiara and a tutu" he laughed, to be fair he wasn't sure if Grace was going to turn out to be a total girly girl, whilst she liked playing with her toys targetted at girls, she was just as happy playing with some of his old cars.

Kieran took the last sip from his tea and looked towards Monday again, "Ready to finish off this shoot? I don't reckon it'll take us long" he smiled, he had some suitable shots already but wanted to make sure they had to enough to choose from.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 11:43 AM
Newcomer
Caturae

Indie was a cool name, a name much easier to bear than Monday thought his own was. It was also the kickstarter for Monday's mum's naming pattern, or at least the three kids guessed so. Independence. It could be a fitting name just from the point of view of a runaway teen mother, but Monday couldn't help wondering what names he and his sisters might have ended up with if Indie hadn't been born on the fourth of July. For all they knew, their names could be worse, if that was even possible. At least Indie was passable as a name less odd than a day of the week, though Monday was thankful he hadn't been called November instead thanks to his mothers odd naming system that she likely had thought was original and cool at the time and that her children had to live with ever since. November seemed worse though, somehow, maybe more feminine.

"I've got an enclyclo- an encyclopedia on dinosaurs!" Tom exclaimed when Kieran mentioned a lesson on dinosaurs, stumbling over the word and his voice raising to a squeaky pitch with his excitement. "My other Aunt got it for me!" That was September, with the wholly age inappropriate book she'd gotten for Tom when he could barely read. "Do you have any sisters?" Tom asked, looking at Kieran with awed interest.

Monday could see that things were going to go off on a little hero-worship tangent with how Tom had taken to Kieran, if they didn't get back on track. He stood up, giving Josh a tickle under his chin that had him giggling.

"Right, c'mon boys, photo time again! It won't be much longer, I promise." He smiled at Tom and squeezed lightly at his shoulder. He raised an eyebrow at Kieran as they walked back over to the backdrop, "And you say that now, but give it a few years and you'll be wearing exactly that while your daughter paints your nails." He grinned. Monday might not have daughters, but he had sisters. He knew. "There's no escape!" He joked.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:29 AM
Local
Natalie

As far as names went, Kieran considered himself to be fairly lucky. He had a fairly uncommon name out here, but not unusual enough for people to be surprised or think it was something they should tease him over. So he was grateful his mother hadn't given him some ridiculous name that he'd live to regret. What had surprised him was that they'd both kept his father's surname and not reverted back to his mother's maiden name when he'd walked out. It wasn't something he'd chosen to ask his mother about, he guessed she just hadn't wanted the hassle of changing surnames again.

Kieran wasn't surprised that Tom had an encyclopedia on dinosaurs, it was no wonder he had so much knowledge on them! "Awesome..." he grinned, wondering if his aunt's spoilt him. More than likely. Kieran's own aunt had always spoilt him and now she did the same with Grace. He shook his head to answer Tom's question, "No, I don't have any sisters. Or brothers for that matter" he said, it had honestly never bothered him, probably because he wasn't the type that wanted to share anything. He did sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have siblings but he didn't feel like he'd missed out. He knew his mother had dated over the years but unfortunately she'd never met that someone special. He'd hoped she would because he didn't want her to feel lonely.

They were ready to carry on with the shoot, so Kieran put the mugs to one side and then headed back over to the camera. He chuckled at Monday's comment, he had a feeling he was probably right about that. He was all for a bit of pampering every now and again, but he drew the line at having his nails painted! But if it was all for a bit of fun, then he knew he'd do just about anything for Grace. "Oh no! That's it, I'm not letting her wear any makeup until she's thirty" he joked, he knew girls started so young these days so whilst he certainly wouldn't be encouraging it... perhaps thirty was a bit of a push!

The shoot continued, not for too long because Kieran was confident he'd gotten the right shots. "Okay, I think that's a wrap!" he grinned from behind the camera as he went to take out the memory card. "You ready to take a look?" he asked, he could quickly load the pictures onto the computer so they could look at the pictures and decide which ones were the best.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 01:00 PM
Newcomer
Caturae

Monday couldn't imagine what it would be like being an only child. Tom had been one for seven years, not by Monday's choice, and that had always felt strange enough. He and his sisters were so close and so connected, he couldn't imagine not having that. He didn't necessarily think it was a bad thing to be an only child and he didn't think less of Kieran for it by any means - he just was sure he wouldn't be the same person if it wasn't for his siblings.

He wondered if it might be the same for Tom and Josh. He hoped so, but the age gap was big.

Kieran joked about not letting Grace wear any makeup until she was thirty and while it may have sounded ridiculous, Monday could more than understand the sentiment. "Don't even go there! I don't even want to begin thinking about my kids growing up and... everything that goes with that. " Monday laughed, shaking his head in mock horror. He really did not want to think about Tom dating, considering what Monday had done and the teenage life he'd led. He was perfectly fine with Tom being the most childish child ever and not thinking about him growing older until he had to. "If I thought it'd stop them, the no make-up rule in my house would be a no dating until they were thirty rule." The problem was, he knew exactly how little telling teenagers not to do something worked. With some teenagers, it'd only make them want to go out and do the forbidden thing more.

Yep, nope! He definitely did not want to think about that.

They returned to the shoot, Tom and Josh being extremely well behaved considering the time it took. By the end of it they were both tired, Josh giving the tell-tale long blinks that signaled he was slowly losing a battle with sleep. It didn't take too long for them to finish up and then Kieran was asking if they wanted to view the photos then and there.

"Yeah, that sounds great! Wanna see the pictures, Tom?" Monday gave him an encouraging smile - he'd been good. Tom nodded, climbing onto a chair near the computer, Monday following into the one beside it. "This' handy, having it set up like this." Monday commented as he waited for Kieran to load up the pictures. He smiled, hoping that they'd turn out good not only because he wanted a good photo, but because of how awkward it might be if they weren't what he was expecting.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 07:47 AM
Local
Natalie

He very much doubted that any parent with a small child really wanted to be thinking about their son or daughter being a teenager. It was definitely a scary thought and that was why he didn't tend to look into the future much, he liked to take everything one day at a time and enjoy watching her grow up. He hated to wish time away because it wasn't like you could get that back. He nodded his head at Monday, the no dating thing was something he definitely agreed with! "Oh, I'm definitely with you on that one" he laughed, he honestly shuddered at the thought of that. He didn't want to have to be that kind of dad that was super overprotective and wouldn't let his daughter do anything, but naturally he'd probably feel like no man would ever be good enough for his little girl. Enough of those thoughts! That was an extremely long way off and he hoped that if he raised her well she'd grow up not being too much of a problem.

He was sure all three of them were probably glad that the photoshoot was now over. Posing for long periods of time couldn't be all that fun and he could tell when clients were started to get bored or tired with it. Thankfully they managed to finish before anything could really go wrong. So it was time to look at the pictures and they seemed keen to have a look. This was his favourite part, but he always got a tiny bit nervous that someone wouldn't like any of the photos at all. It was rare that happened, but he'd definitely done a few shoots with females that had complained afterwards because they didn't like how they looked in the pictures. He didn't really see how it was his fault for their looks, but he guessed they wanted someone to blame. Kieran took the seat in front of the computer and smiled as Tom climbed into the seat next to him. Upon loading the memory card in and waiting for the pictures to transfer over, he realised the background screen on the computer was currently of Grace - it was a recent one of her in the park going down the slide, clutching her favourite grey bunny to her chest with a big smile on her face. "That's my little girl... not just some random kid" he laughed, well that would be slightly odd. The pictures soon loaded up and he brought up the relevant files, "I took over a hundred pictures today" he laughed, "Let me know which ones you like and I'll make a note of them as we go along" he said, flicking through them, the ones he liked the most was when they'd been caught slightly offguard laughing or off Tom looking down at his brother.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: May 14 2017, 02:36 PM
Newcomer
Caturae

Monday had guessed who the girl on the computer screen was, so Kieran's remark made him chuckle. "That's a great photo. And I know how hard it is to get a picture of a baby smiling!" He laughed. "She looks really sweet."

Tom rolled his eyes. "She looks like a baby and babies all look the same." Tom said, his irritability showing his tiredness. Monday just rolled his eyes, shooting Kieran an apologetic glance just in case he was an oversensitive parent.

Tom soon perked up when the photos were loaded up. Monday's eyebrows shot up at the same time as Tom exclaimed when Kieran told them the number of photos, vocalizing Monday's own thoughts. "Over a hundred?! Woah!" Tom leaned forward on the edge of the chair, staring at the computer. Monday wasn't too far off doing the same thing, an obvious thread of similarity between father and son.

"I like that one." Monday could already see quite a few that he liked, especially ones where his sons were looking at each other or interacting, "And that one..." "I like that one!" Tom squealed, giggling at one of him pulling a face and Josh staring at him like he'd grown a second head. Monday preferred the one immediately after it with the same setup, only Josh had broken into a laugh.

"These are all really good..." Monday eyes were glued to the screen and he only glanced away when Josh started wriggling in his arms, starting up a tired whine. He cuddled his youngest to him, effectively muffling the tired complaints as he bounced his knee, but he knew it'd only do for so long. "Uh..." Monday looked up from Josh and his mouth flicked into a half-smile, "Would it be okay to have a preview copy of all them, for me to go over them at home and choose? If you do that. I just don't this one's going to be good for anything much longer and I've obviously got a lot to choose from." Monday smiled fully, looking a little tired himself. There were over a hundred photos and he wanted to painstakingly scrutinize each one to pick the very best.
PM
^
Kieran Hill
 Posted: May 20 2017, 08:50 AM
Local
Natalie

You'd think getting a picture of your own child would be easy, but it wasn't! Lucky for him he always preferred the more natural shots anyway, the ones where she wasn't even looking directly at the camera. He laughed at Tom's comment about all babies looking the same, to some extent he had always agreed with that. Perhaps when they were newborn anyway. But in all honesty he'd never really paid a lot of attention to babies before Grace had come along, he'd never even held a newborn baby until the day he'd become a dad. There'd been nothing scarier than that, thinking he was going to drop her or hurt her in some way.

He'd definitely taken more than enough pictures today, so there should be at least a few that were suitable for what Monday was looking for. "Yeah, I tend to get a bit carried away, Tom" he laughed, though he supposed that was just a good sign he really loved what he did. He was glad when Monday pointed out a few that he liked with Tom joining in as well. Well that was certainly a relief, there would be nothing worse than them not liking any of them. Difficult clients were the absolute worst, he was grateful he'd never had to deal with too many of them before.

"I'm glad you think so" Kieran grinned, feeling slightly chuffed with himself. He could see that Josh was becoming restless and Kieran didn't want to have to keep them here any longer than he had to, he knew how difficult it was with a little one and Monday had two of them to deal with. He had no problem with Monday's request. "Oh sure, that's fine with me. Just give me a second..." he said, reaching into the drawer of his desk where he kept some blank CD's. It wouldn't take longer than a minute to burn the pictures to the disc. He inserted the disc into the drive so he could get started. "You have my contact details so just email me with the ones you like so I can get them printed... and I'll send you over an invoice" he said with a smile, looking back to the computer and ejecting the disc once it was done. "Here you go..." he passed it to Monday, "Anyway, I hope today wasn't too boring for you. I'll show you out..." he smiled, standing back up to lead the way back upstairs so they could grab their coats and belongings.

--------------------
PM
^
Monday West
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:28 PM
Newcomer
Caturae

Monday felt himself relaxing when Kieran laughed at Tom's attitude towards babies. He never truly expected anyone to get upset, but you never knew. Most people thought their own child was the most beautiful baby in existence and woe betide anyone who dared to disagree, even another child.

"Thanks." Monday smiled, breathing out a sigh of relief when Kieran confirmed he could get him a copy of the photos on a disc. He was feeling a little tired himself but knew his sons wouldn't last much longer and making a decision for an expensive photo wouldn't be easy while he had a screaming child in his lap. Monday wanted as much time as he felt he needed to labor over the decision of which photos to choose - even if his Grandma was paying, he didn't want so much money to be spent rashly and he doubted he'd get another opportunity for a professional photo shoot too soon in the future. He had to make this choice count.

"No, today was great. And these two were great too, you did really good, Tom." Monday ruffled his son's hair a little and while Tom pulled a face, he didn't protest as much as normal. He grabbed his own coat and put his shoes on suspiciously quickly while Monday sorted out Josh. "Thanks for today." Monday said, shooting Kieran a smile while he got Josh kitted out, "It's going to be hard to choose between these photos, they all looked so good. If you've got a website or somewhere I can give you a review to help you out, send me the link, I'll be happy to do anything like that." Being self-employed himself, Monday knew how the little things could really help a business and help get in more clients. Word of mouth was good too, but Monday still didn't know too many people. "I'm sure my Grandma will sing your praises to all her friends, too." He laughed.

In the pause as he readied himself to get Josh into his pushchair, Tom piped up, "Because I've good.... can we go to McDonalds" He asked.

Monday laughed again at the cheekiness of it, raising his eyebrows at Kieran before turning to Tom. "Well... yeah, maybe." He smiled to himself as he got the boys out the door, Tom already pleeeeaseing. "I'll email you the ones I like as soon as I've chosen. Thanks again!" He gave Kieran a farewell nod, both hands occupied with pushing the stroller so unable to wave, and set off down the path.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll