February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Halloween Season is here!
From now through november

The Lochland Ghosts have appeared again. To celebrate this Halloween this year we offer a variety of fun things.

1. The haunted Halloween forum
2. A fun haunted skin
3. Festive Games
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Choose your own adventure

Welcome to Lochland Grove

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
End Date: 12/09/17
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other. The old building features a bed and breakfast, museum, and a Ballroom for celebrations.

Be warned: The Mansion is haunted! Any characters threading here are giving permission for the ghosts to play.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

October 20th
There are new ghosts AND Decision 3 is up.

October 18TH
New ghosts are hiding around Lochland. Can you find them all?.

October 16th
The Adventure continues! What happens next?.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Denial Twist, for Minuit Estelle
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: May 24 2017, 12:13 AM
Newcomer
Kat

”She was, but I’ve never been much good at monogamy.” Minnie smiled, amused. ”Not everyone is. Granted, I don’t feel the same.” Her slender shoulders rose and fell in a shrug. ”Part of life is finding someone wit’ similar tastes. If you can’t value or trust t’e people you are wit’ t’en you shouldn’t be together anyway, mmm?” She was a fucking goddess and the best thing anyone would ever have. For a moment she wondered of this Emily had felt similarly. If she was one of her girls she liked to think she was, even if they had only passed briefly.

As much as she wanted to go home, she allowed herself to be swayed into visiting Gertie’s for a late night snack. MAybe she’d learn more about why this man was so keen on not going home himself. "Gertie's. Great," Good. Granted, if he wanted to he could always sleep in his own tattoo parlor. It wasn’t as if the landlord would evict him. "No. Gotta keep up appearances, you know? I'll figure something out." She’d smiled, but didn’t comment. That was his decision, and she wasn’t about to try to change it.

”I’ll see you t’ere t’en. ” Strangers weren’t allowed in her car. She waved warmly with a quick flutter of her fingers then slid into her red camaro with pleasure. Oh how good it felt. ”Let’s go, baby.” She purred, intimately squeezing the wheel before back out. It responded perfectly, taking the turn then the entry to the street with sexy smoothness. All the will she had kept her from hitting the gas. Minuit behaved, parking elegantly in Gertie’s without turning off towards the outside edges of Lochland Proper. Night wasn’t the best time to be speeding around turns in anycase.

Minuit Exited the car without glancing around. Her beautiful dual-colored locks were tossed back over her a shoulder, exposing the delicate length of her fair neck. She eyed the sign in the Gertie’s window then tossed her purse over a shoulder and headed inside. The bell above the door had an old clunky ring to it. For a moment she wondered if it had been there for as long as the restaurant. ”Feel free to sit anywhere, Ma’am.” One of the wait staff called, gathering menus. She nodded, obliging to take something near a window. It gave her a lovely view of the sky.. and the street.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: May 30 2017, 07:53 PM
Local
gustopholous

For the sheer number of people with which Kiefer surrounded himself, there was not one with whom he shared the closeness of a confidant, not one toward whom he could turn now. It seemed he was drowning, slowly, without hope of a line.
The obvious choice, under other circumstances, would have been Emily. Whether or not he could bring himself to discuss his worries, her presence was a salve. Kaleb wouldn't hear it. Not this. There had been too many conflicting interests. Even if he feigned sympathy, the stench of his relief, his triumph, would spoil the words. Others would taunt. Strangers simply wouldn't give a shit. Why should they?
Kiefer smiled wanly when Min voiced her dissent. If you can’t value or trust t’e people you are wit’ t’en you shouldn’t be together anyway, mmm? Why bother trying to explain? He didn't have the time or the energy, and she had no obligation to care. He felt his shoulders rise and fall as a sardonic smirk twisted his features.
"Thank God for Stilettos?" Instead of fulfillment he'd have glittery fantasy. For a while, at least, they felt the same. The woman invited him to meet her there, and he watched her out of sight. Damn, that's a nice car, he thought vaguely, before finding his own in the desolate lot. His stereo combated the pressing silence. His eyes focused on the road.
She was already seated when he arrived. Kiefer slid into the booth, feeling vulnerable under her gaze and the cold, industrial lights. The glare here was certainly not as flattering as the club or the dim glow of the street lamps. There was no alcohol to soften the edges. He struggled to meet her eyes and failed.
"Some of my best relationships," if they could be called that, "weren't exclusive." There was no knowing why he said it. Her casual dismissal had nettled him. It was a weak argument, a weak tone lacking any real conviction. How could you express to a stranger what you didn't solidly comprehend yourself? That you equated intimacy with sex? That you needed constant intimacy, constant attention, from whomever was willing to give it? That your confidence was so faltering that any lull in an exclusive relationship was enough to crumble the whole structure?
"I never cheated on her," he stated flatly. "And things had been bad for months... They were bad as long as they were good." Literally. Ten months down the middle. Making things official had been a mistake. That's when it had started... The jealousy, the insecurity. "I just think it's easier not to make promises. It can stay casual and fun, and no one has to get hurt." Kiefer's downcast eyes had been wandering blankly over the menu until recognition dawned. "Holy shit. They have banana pancakes."

--------------------
I've been having this dream that we can fly,
So darlin' close your eyes,
'Cause you're about to miss everything.
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: May 31 2017, 12:16 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She saw him long before he came inside. Her eyes observed him long enough to gage the mood then lowered to look at her menu. It was more something to look at than something she needed. ”Fancy meeting you ‘ere, stranger.” She murmured, lifting her gaze to his for a long moment. ”I’m so ‘appy you didn’t run away.” The menu in front of her flipped, showing an array of drinks. "Some of my best relationships... weren't exclusive." The woman’s long, well manicured hands folded in front of her. ”Oh?” She wasn’t much of a gossip, but she was rather good at lending an ear.

"I never cheated on her, And things had been bad for months... They were bad as long as they were good." Her lips offered a sympathetic smile. Red, upturned just enough. "I just think it's easier not to make promises. It can stay casual and fun, and no one has to get hurt." He was squirming internally. Minnie was hardly surprised when he changed the subject. "Holy shit. They have banana pancakes." Pancakes. ”So t’ey do.” Her own menu was pushed aside. ”If t’at is what your ‘eart wants, t’en pancakes are what you need. ” The women who worked at Gerties seemed to be trying to figure something out on their cash register. I’m more fond of a bubble bat’ t’en comfort food. Maybe a little music." She made eye contact long enough to let them know she was waiting then returned her attentions to the man in front of her.

” So...”

Finally the waitress was coming over. ”Time to t’ink fast.. what will you drink?” She smiled impishly then turned to their waitress with more innocence.. as much as Minuit tended to show. ”I’ll ‘ave a water... and a muffin. Blueberry.” The muffin had been a last second decision. Hopefully it wasn’t a complete regret. Her brows lifted, turning her attention back to Kiefer to let him order while she observed. It wasn't until the waitress left that she bothered speaking again. ”So you are scared of relationships because it ‘urts when t’ings go south.. T’at sounds accurate.” The exotic woman mused. ”Emotional pain is ‘ard to run away from. I’m not a fan of it myself. “ Her head tilted, index finger tapping at her lower lip. ”Hmm...” That bubble bath she mentioned earlier was sounding so nice.

”Do you t’ink I’m judging you? Confidence can give t’at illusion. ” She didn’t pretend to be humble. ”i’m curious to what you t’ink. Granted t’is isn’t an interview. It simply sounds like you want someone to talk to and I ‘appen to be good at keeping secrets.” The fact he couldn’t go home was reason enough to mention it. She wouldn’t stay forever, but lending an ear never hurt anyone.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: May 31 2017, 03:46 AM
Local
gustopholous

Regardless of the flirtatious remarks, Kiefer sensed no indication that this woman had any interest in him. Her very presence was an (albeit reluctant) extension of pity. Good on her. It was more than was deserved, but he almost regretted asking. It was clear she'd rather be elsewhere. Oh, well. They could both do worse, couldn't they?
In another mood, he might have tried to make it up to her, maybe even change her mind, but the spark just wasn't coming. Her banter was allowed a fleeting grin. The expression was mere reflex.
"I'd never stand up a gorgeous woman," he insisted, mirroring her empty flattery. Outwardly, she seemed to encourage an elaboration of his observations, but he was finding it hard to distinguish courtesy from attention. With him, the boundaries were rarely so murky.
"Yeah," Kiefer affirmed, furrowing his eyebrows. Maybe Gertie's wasn't the best place to be having this conversation. Nothing could establish this more keenly than the arrival of their waitress. She impressed upon him the importance of a hasty drink choice and then ordered a water. How anticlimactic.
"I'll, uh... Have a coffee." It was something of a relief when the server disappeared. So you are scared of relationships because it ‘urts when t’ings go south. Goddamn this was getting uncomfortable. Kiefer's face blanched as she tried to decide on a course of action. In spite of her commiseration, the man resented what had felt like a jab. It wasn't fear that kept him from doing anything.
Did having someone, in theory, sound appealing? Yes. Of course it did. Had he hoped with Emily? Sure. But the eventual dissolution had proved nothing if not the fact that he had been right all along. It didn't lessen the ache, but at least it hadn't come as a surprise. Relationships didn't work. Not for people like him. Why did she have to make it sound like cowardice?
Min was full of assurances that she wasn't judging, but Kiefer's wounded ego didn't see it that way. It simply sounds like you want someone to talk to and I ‘appen to be good at keeping secrets. He recoiled.
"I don't want to talk," he told her sharply. "I want to get drunk and take someone back to my place and forget I was ever so stupid." The full weight of his own powerlessness struck him at once. "But I guess I'll just have some banana fucking pancakes." Kiefer sighed and with it went his vehemence.
"Fuck," he repeated in a final, wasting show of defiance. In its absence, remorse cut almost as sharply. "I'm sorry." The words were not forthcoming. Apologies from him were a rarity, though god knew he owed them. "Thank you for coming. I just... really don't want to talk about her." He cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Can we talk about you or something? Anything else."

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: May 31 2017, 10:55 AM
Newcomer
Kat

Minuit’s expression was interested, but concerned. "I don't want to talk. I want to get drunk and take someone back to my place and forget I was ever so stupid. But I guess I'll just have some banana fucking pancakes." She offered him a sympathetic nod, staying silent as he continued. ”Fuck. I’m sorry. Thank you for coming. I just... really don't want to talk about her." Poor man. "Can we talk about you or something? Anything else." The woman’s soft laugh broke the air, cutting through the odd tension she felt forming. ”Of course, ‘andsome.” Water appeared at her elbow, and she quieted long enough to drink.

”mmmm..” Water was such a bland drink, but she wasn’t having caffeine this late at night. ”The question is; what to talk about.”

Outside the window it was dark and uninteresting. The sky had been so pretty, but it had turned dull. Clouds were such an inconvenience to a starry night. ”I don’t mind talking about myself, but it is ‘ardly necessary.” She checked her lipstick in her reflection then glanced at him with warmth. ”Most of my fun questions are reserved for after knowing you better. I suppose if you ‘ad some for me I wouldn’t be appeased to it.” Her lips pursed in thought, eyes glancing to her right as she pondered examples. ”My ink, why anyone would work at stilettos, my favorite drink... i’m also fond of lingerie and ‘eels.. I wear silk night gowns to bed...hmm.. it is starting to sound like a list of t’ings I like instead of question ideas.” Ah well.

”So, are you more of a boxers or briefs kind of man?” Minuit had been sitting with her ankles crossed under her chair, but now she got more comfortable. She turned her back to the window and crossed her legs, letting her left arm settle on the table. ”Or boxer briefs? Maybe a t’ong?” Her green eyes flickered with amusement. ”Commando? “ It was a possibility.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 08:23 PM
Local
gustopholous

The lapse in his forced good humor did not deter her. She was still, amazingly, sympathetic. At least outwardly. Why did this all feel like a ruse? What motive could she possibly have? Was it fucked up that he automatically distrusted any move made under the guise of "being a good person?"
Of course, ‘andsome. His frame, tensed in uncertainty and lingering umbrage, relaxed at once. He didn't care if it was a front designed to placate him. It had worked, and he was more than happy to comply. Right now, the idea of being manipulated and controlled was kind of appealing. It would save him the effort of having to think.
Their drinks were delivered, but presently his remained untouched. Minuit pondered their options, pursing her lips, and he contented himself with watching. The woman did not consider herself a topic worth pursuing, though she mentioned some common areas of attention. Ink, drinks, Stilettos. I'm also fond of lingerie and ‘eels.. I wear silk night gowns to bed.
It was unlikely that he would have started with subjects such as these, but the answers were certainly gratifying. He dwelled on the conjured image (the feel of her skin, warm from sleep and bed sheets, draped in luxuriant silk) until she interrupted it with an inquiry. So, are you more of a boxers or briefs kind of man? He was surprised into a smile. There were alternatives to consider, of course: Boxer-briefs... A thong. Commando?
"Boxers," he answered simply. Definitely less interesting than lingerie. They should go back to talking about that... "I've gone commando, but never by choice." The woman shifted, making herself comfortable within the booth, but her eyes remained on him, dancing with amusement.
"As much as I'd like to talk about your lingerie..." He didn't think he had to spell out his curiosity in that respect. "Maybe we ought to stick to something safer. I've been told I'm not very good with boundaries." And that was on a good day, in a (relatively) rational state of mind. "I doubt you want to be drooled all over by..." What? A drug dealer? "Some horny asshole at a diner at three in the morning." He shrugged to dismiss it, before she could try to analyze the pause.
"We can talk about ink," he determined. "I'll show you what I can."

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 02:09 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She liked crossing her legs. It felt sexy, comfortable. It had a style that Minnie found appealing. A pity that doing so made it impossible to keep her legs under the table. She shifted in her chair then gracefully settled her right over her left. Her evening should have ended by now, but she was hardly ready to leave. After all, she’d just asked a rather naughty question. ”Boxers.” Ah. "I've gone commando, but never by choice." The thought amused her. ”Oh? I find it liberating, but I’m more fond of lingerie. The right pair can feel devilishly sexy.” Her delicate jawline tilted to rest momentarily on the lightly bent knuckles of her fingers. She liked watching his amusement.

"As much as I'd like to talk about your lingerie... Her brows lifted slightly, listening. Maybe we ought to stick to something safer. I've been told I'm not very good with boundaries." Ah. ”Mmmm..” She made a mental note. "I doubt you want to be drooled all over by...Some horny asshole at a diner at three in the morning." He’d be correct. ”Such a gentleman, letting me read the tricky words on ‘is warning label. Mine says ‘Look, but do not touch’. The rest was cut off. Labels can be annoying.” Winking, her expression was momentarily warm, but lost focus as she noted the food was almost ready. She could see her muffin being taken out of its case. ”We can talk about ink. I’ll show you what I can.” Her attention returned instantly. ”Sounds like a plan. So... “

She paused, letting the food be set in front of them. The muffin’s smell was light, but she could certainly smell the distinct scent of blueberry. ”Tell me a story.” Her fingers pulled a small bit of blue, crumb covered muffin from the plate and popped it into her mouth. ”When did you get your first ink? Where is it located, and what is it?” All valid questions. ”Hmm and.. ‘ave you ever given yourself a tattoo? I would t’ink t’at would be difficult.” Having experienced more than a few, the idea of putting anything on her own skin was insane.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 04:25 AM
Local
gustopholous

Minuit advocated the value of liberation, which might be true in a skirt. Dick against denim, however... More chafing than liberating. Still, the right pair of underwear in her mind was vastly superior. The jury was still out in his.
There were too many factors. He didn't know, for one, what she looked like in the right pair. Kiefer would have to reserve his ultimate ruling until he had more evidence. Likely it would remain a hung jury. Well hung. God, was he always this stupid or was it just when he was sober at three in the morning? It hadn't happened enough times to be certain.
She called him a gentleman, and he couldn't even hold her mocking tone against her. He did feel better for having told her. Now that she had the information, she could decide what to do with it. Mine says ‘Look, but do not touch’. The rest was cut off. Labels can be annoying.
"Ah, club rules still?" he observed. "I was hoping you'd give me a break since we're not at the club any more." In spite of this meager protest, his hands remained obediently on his side of the table. For better or worse, she followed his advice and turned the discussion to tattoos. When did you get your first ink? Where is it located, and what is it?
"I was eighteen. It's on my stomach, and..." He grinned away a flicker of embarrassment. "It's a mermaid." Kiefer shook his head as if this was all there was to say about his teenage decision-making. "And yes, I've done my own. Just once, but..." He showed her the red nautical star emblazoned on his wrist. "Mostly for practice... and because I was bored... and because I could?" Kiefer lifted a shirt sleeve to reveal the remainder of his tattoos, pointing them out with their explanations. "This for my drumming. This for Nagini... My snake. And... Henry. Because I like the way he looks?" Kiefer laughed. "There. That's the tour. Most of it, anyway. Not a lot of cool stories or meaning, but I like them."

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 02:43 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Tattoos were a roadmap of life choices and crazy ideas. They could be very personal. Minnie didn’t press too hard with questions. She let the conversation glide, observing rather than commenting on the ink that she could see.

When did he get his first tattoo? "I was eighteen. It's on my stomach, and... It's a mermaid." Her eyes lowered from his face, tracing down his chest to the spot at their table where his stomach would be. And yes, I've done my own. Her second question. Just once, but... Mostly for practice... and because I was bored... and because I could? She returned her gaze to his face, flashing a smile. He wasn’t done yet. "This for my drumming. This for Nagini... My snake. And... Henry. Because I like the way he looks?" Her pointer finger tapped lightly on the devil red flesh of her lower lip, interested. "There. That's the tour. Most of it, anyway. Not a lot of cool stories or meaning, but I like them." Good. ”I t’ink t’ey were great stories. “ The woman coohed sweetly. ”Sometimes you ‘ave meaning, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes t’ere is too much to really say.”

She took another bit of muffin, disinterested in it as a whole. It was more something to do than something to eat. ”So, ‘ow long do snakes live? ‘Ave you ‘ad yours for a while?” Minnie’s form leaned forward slightly on the table. ”I wanted a snake for a little while when I was younger. Seeing Britney Spears dance with a snake was sexy as fuck. I even t’ought about getting a snake tattoo t’at wrapped around my body from ankle to chest, but My parents talked me out of it.” A good thing too. ”When I got older I realized I would ‘ave ‘ated it. I don’t ‘ave any ‘idden ink. It’s all on my arms.. and on one foot. Most of the shit on my ‘ands was at tattoo parties. I’ve made plenty of bad ink decisions at parties. Your mermaid is probably far prettier.” The fingers of her left hand fluttered, littered in ink. Most were faded, slowly disappearing over time. ”Not t’at I’ve seen it... I’ll ‘ave to use my imagination.” She had plenty of that.

”So, what do you do to relax? Play your drums? Nap? Draw? “ The muffin was a lost cause. She picked out a soft piece with a large blueberry in it, hoping it would appease her. ”Maybe you travel t’e world in search of the perfect banana pancake. Somet’ing soft t’at melts on your tongue... an orgasmic treat.” The soft blue fluff between her fingers was gently placed on her tongue. It wasn’t bad. Sweet and full of empty promises. She wasn’t satisfied. ”Speaking of t’em.. ‘ow are your pancakes?”

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 11:10 PM
Local
gustopholous

I t’ink t’ey were great stories, the woman placated softly. Kiefer shrugged, though he was admittedly relieved by the lack of criticism. He respected her in spite of himself... Or at the very least, he was intimidated. Often Kiefer had a hard time differentiating between the two. In spite of her sympathy, she maintained an unwavering strength. She was self-assured, composed, successful. Everything he was not... And god, she had a fantastic rack.
Whether or not the tattoos themselves had any poignant message, their meaning (or lack thereof) still said something significant of him. His life seemed pointless, the culmination of aimless decisions. Why should his ink be any different than his personality? Showy with no depth... Depth was overrated; thinking just caused problems. Everything was a whole lot better when everyone just did what they wanted without trying to put some name to it. She pulled him from this existential spiral with an inquiry. How old did snakes get?
"The guy at the store said thirty years," he recalled faintly. "Ball pythons, anyway." Kiefer hadn't bothered to retain any irrelevant numbers. "I got her when I moved in to the new house." New house, he'd moved in... "Five or six years ago." Had it really been that long? Minuit offered her approval of his choice in the form of a memory. I wanted a snake for a little while when I was younger. Seeing Britney Spears dance with a snake was sexy as fuck.
"Yeah," was the distant reply. His attention was suddenly divided until interrupted by an even more appealing idea. I even t’ought about getting a snake tattoo t’at wrapped around my body from ankle to chest, but My parents talked me out of it. Kiefer was prepared to offer his services when the woman voiced her eventual realization: I would have hated it. But how much would he have liked giving it to her? I’ve made plenty of bad ink decisions at parties. Your mermaid is probably far prettier.
"She is pretty," Kiefer allowed. Min offered to use her imagination and, once again, he shrugged. "If you want. I wouldn't mind showing you some time." She wanted to know what he did to relax. He tried to stay within the vein of her intent. The list formed aloud as he pondered: "Drum... Drink... Smoke... Sketch."
He watched her pick apart the muffin and put a morsel to her lips. Maybe you travel t’e world in search of the perfect banana pancake. Somet’ing soft t’at melts on your tongue... an orgasmic treat. Kiefer's flustered mind was still trying to formulate a response to this when she redirected. Speaking of t’em.. ‘ow are your pancakes? Kiefer surveyed the food with amazement. When the fuck had that gotten here? It was safe to say that his eyes had been elsewhere.
"Oh... Uh." Obediently, he picked up a knife and fork. Only now that it was within grasp did Kiefer realize that he was decidedly not hungry. The bite was chewed without relish. Any other night, he might have enjoyed the saccharine treat. There was too much to occupy him now, leaving no room for simple pleasures. He forced a smile regardless. "Good." Really the task was daunting. Logically he knew that he should be hungry. Realistically, the idea of eating right now made him want to gag. Min, likewise, didn't seem to be enjoying her muffin. "Want to try?" Kiefer inched the plate toward her in a gesture that was meant to seem polite. He just wanted to get the dish as far away from him as possible.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 03:43 PM
Newcomer
Kat

One good blueberry couldn’t save an entire muffin. It was boring, and hardly kept her attention. She had a feeling that Kiefer was going through a similar issue. He’d forgotten the undisturbed plate of pancakes in front of him, favoring her conversation. Neither of them could make it as a foodie. ”Want to try?” The woman’s lips parted to expose the blueberry on her tongue. ”No, t’ank you.” She murmured, finally chewing the piece of fruit until it ceased to be. ”I’m not t’at interested in food t’is evening.” A shame. She’d be wishing she had it tomorrow when she woke up hungry. ”Food is a good excuse to get toget’er and ‘ave a nice talk. I ‘ope you ‘ave enjoyed ours.”

It was getting late, even for her. Minuit glanced in the direction of the waitstaff thoughtfully before returning to Kiefer’s face. ”So.. you said you.. smoke, drink, drum, and sketch.” There was also his pet snake.”It is nice you ‘ave so many ways to relax. i’m a fan of pampering myself. Relaxing for me is all about treating myself right.” She caught the attention of her waitress then turned back to him. ”The best is a good bubble bat’. Not’ing compares to a nice soak wit’ candle light, oils...maybe a little music in the background. “ If only she had the time tonight. She sighed pleasantly, perhaps she would have added to it but her check was delivered.

”Ah, t’ank you.” She paid for both of them with a twenty and sent the other woman away. ”Keep the change.”

Now, where was she? ”Walk me to my car?” If she didn’t sleep soon she’d feel like death in the morning. ”It’s dark and I’m all alone. Who knows what i’ll do if left to my own devices.” Conquer the world. ”Some poor soul might ended up corrupted... all t’ose naughty fantasies.” Her legs were already settled to the side and all she had to do was stand up. She waited quietly for Kiefer to follow... or at least say he wanted to stay.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 08:42 AM
Local
gustopholous

No slight to Gertie, but the pancakes were doomed to be underappreciated. It's not you; it's me, Kiefer thought with detached irony. As if sensing this second rejection, the once-perfect sphere of golden butter began to droop and pool. I just got out of a really serious relationship, the man continued weakly. To put it out of its misery, he jabbed the weeping mass with his fork. The murderous device was wiped clean across the surface of his dejected entree in a moment of remorse. His hands were removed to his lap as Kiefer forced himself to listen.
I'm a fan of pampering myself. Relaxing for me is all about treating myself right. He enjoyed the idea of her baths and candles and music and oils less than was probably due. There was no doubt that the scene she'd set was tempting, though it was unlikely that their reasoning was even similar.
"And a massage," he volunteered absently. The words had escaped before he'd had time to consider them. It had merely seemed to be the natural progression... but then again, maybe he watched too much porn. No, there was no maybe.
A prouder man might have protested Minuit's footing the bill, but Kiefer was far from a traditionalist. It did strike him as a shame to pay for a meal neither of them had particularly savored, but that was reality for you... The woman's longing for home was no secret. Their meal now a decided flop, she was preparing to abort. Again she requested his presence for venturing into the night. It’s dark and I’m all alone. Who knows what I’ll do if left to my own devices. Am I protecting her from the world or the world from her? Either way, Kiefer didn't feel up to the task, but how could he say no? Some poor soul might ended up corrupted... all t’ose naughty fantasies.
"I'd better keep you company, then," he obliged selflessly.
In one final effort, Kiefer stuffed a considerable forkful of pancakes into his mouth and regretted it almost instantly. There was a sticky click in his throat as the slow-moving portion was ultimately overcome. Min was already leaving. He washed it down with a hasty splash of water and trotted after the woman. They arrived at her vehicle, and Kiefer lingered, his reluctance to see her gone evident.
"I could drive you," was the hopeless offer. He worked up a defeated smile to match the tone in his voice. "You look like you could use a break." Kicking ass and breaking hearts had to be tiring work.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 11:43 PM
Newcomer
Kat

It was time to go home, but she wasn’t ready to part ways. Not yet. Sometimes it was nice to leave behind a slow goodbye. Something to dream about. Minuit wasn’t above leaving a memory. She got to her feet ready to escort herself out with all the grace she had walked in with. Her expression was was tired, but warm. It held subtle notes of interest that reflected more in her green eyes than the smile upon her lips. Knowing how hard it was to get up in the morning had many years ago dulled the excitement she had for being up late.

... but would he follow?

Minuit was quite capable of showing herself out, but it was more fun with a little company. Besides, the town liked to think that anywhere she went was trouble. "I'd better keep you company, then," She tucked her purse beneath her arm with a soft laugh. ”You are doing Lochland a favor. Such a brave soul.” They were off. Out of the building and down the street. It wasn’t far to her car. ”I could drive you. you look like you could use a break.” That was a good line. She liked that. The woman took a moment to look for her keys, fishing out her phone first. ”Mmm.. no, t’ank you. As much as I like the idea of being pampered, I am against being in the same car with someone I just met. ” She admitted, opening the phone before glancing at him across the soft light of the screen.

”So, I’ll just 'ave to enjoy your company while I 'ave it. Would you mind giving me your number? I’m new to town, and if I’m ever in trouble it would be nice to 'ave someone I can call.” He was one of the least boring people she’d met since she’d arrive, and she wasn’t one to let that go. ”Besides, I still ‘aven’t seen your mermaid.” She added thoughtfully. ”T’at alone is a reason to meet again.... even by chance. T’is is a small town.” Over the course of a month she’d stumbled into some of the same people more than once and they’d made it obvious they weren’t happy about it. Sometimes she wondered who had been in a strip club before, who actually hated her, and who were the ones faking it... the world was full of crazy situations and occasionally amazingly wild animals.

Minuit’s eyes were expectant. She wondered briefly just what Kiefer was like when he wasn’t heart broken. The fact he’d respectfully kept his hands off of her was reason enough to be interested in learning more about him.”oh... and feel free to come by the club. I’m t’ere often.” Pushing a button on her key, she heard the gentle click of her car’s lock.

--------------------
PM
^
Kiefer Carter
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 07:38 AM
Local
gustopholous

If Min was aiming to make an impression, she need not worry. Hell, her outfit had done that. It was the tattoos, the gothic nail polish, the august way she fucking carried herself that had him ensnared. He almost didn't mind the pitiful picture he made trailing after her. Surely she was used to it. Women like her tended to amass a following.
Kiefer had spent enough time at Stilettos (and a number of similarly inspired venues) to recognize a false compliment. A chronic deficiency in cash had its advantages, and one of them was a realistic (if not disheartening) concept of just how interesting a man like him actually was to the opposite sex. Spoiler alert: not very.
Still, he allowed the stranger to stroke his ego, and not without pleasure. The woman turned down his offer with words so silken that he nearly forgot to be disappointed. Not getting into cars with strangers... That was elementary logic, but, as such, he was powerless against it. It had been a desperate pursuit, but Kiefer couldn't regret asking. Much to his surprise, it seemed to have some effect.
Would you mind giving me your number?
It took a moment for the gears to reverse, and, in the meantime, his face reflected blank shock. Was she fucking with him? Distrust filtered into this void mere moments before disbelief. Eventually exaltation dawned.
"Yeah," he voiced with sudden enthusiasm. Embarrassed by his own fervor, the smile was quickly suppressed. Kiefer cleared his throat and continued in more subdued tones. "You want me to just, uh..." He had his patent Sharpie, but it was uncertain how well the woman would appreciate him writing on her. "Four-two-four eighty-six ninety." There was an awkward pause (from his end, at least) as he waited for her to decide what to do with it. There was, of course, the possibility that it would be nothing at all. It was not her number, he noted, that was given.
Her expressed desire to see his remaining tattoo added a wicked glint to the man's uncharacteristically nervous smile. T’at alone is a reason to meet again.... even by chance. T’is is a small town. Her meaning, while true, was uninspiring. There was, however, an invitation to see her at the club. It was a likelihood he was already considering.
"Sweet dreams," Kiefer bid in closing, a surreptitious smirk playing across his lips. The woman had already graced him with enough of her time. Her memory would chase away the demons for tonight. A man could only hope she didn't become one.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 01:07 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Her thumbs were quick, gliding along the screen of her phone with little pause. "Four-two-four eighty-six ninety." Kiefer’s number. If she found a reason to call she probably would. Minnie had a feeling he would be fun to be around. Only time would tell, but she liked him well enough to keep a link. ”Four-two-four-eight-six-nine-oh.” She murmured back, letting the ‘oh’ rise in question at the end, knowing it was right. ”It is saved. You can not escape me now.“ The woman teased. There was a good chance they’d meet again. She had yet to see his tattoo, and the town was a small one.

Of course he could always visit the club.

The doors unlocked with a soft ‘click’, beckoning her to finally start her way home."Sweet dreams," Minuit’s brows rose slightly, as if weighing the idea. ”Oh, I’m sure t’ey will be.” She murmured warmly. ”I ‘ope you can ‘ave the same.” She stepped around the door, situating herself comfortably into the drivers seat of her Camaro. ”But maybe somet’ing wit’ a little creativity? I can tell you ‘ave a ...” What would be the word? ”Wild imagination. “ The door closed, engine starting as she took a moment to put on her belt then wave with a graceful sway of her fingers. She liked leaving with a good memory. Even when things weren’t at their best it was something to savor.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll