February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have You Read the Newspaper?
You can read the latest edition Here

August is beyond hot, and the Town Council has called upon local businesses to help. Water Wars, Movies at the Lake, A Scavanger Hunt, a Mud Run, and even a Bikini Car Wash Party are cooling down the weekends in the summer heat.

Congratulations to Erin and Charlie Fox on finally saying 'I do'!

Did you read that they may have caught the Robert Lewis Murderer?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open Since January 2nd, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it.

Come join the fun!

So Many End-of-Summer Events!

Water Wars: Squirt Guns, Slip’n slides, wading pools, and fire trucks!

Movies at the Lake: NOW PLAYING Saturday: Finding Nemo, Ghost Busters Sunday: Little Mermaid, Independence Day

A Scavenger Hunt : For the Kids

A Mud Run: A Muddy Obstacle Course

Bikini Car Wash Party: It’s all in the title. We recommend the VIP pass.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

September 8th
The Activity Check is closed!

September 1st
September Announcements!.

September 1st
Activity Check Time!.

Chatbox

Voting

Thank You ♥

RPG Initiative Topsites

Shadowplay Topsites

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

All in a Day's Work, - Cooper Tanaka [Zed]
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 12:50 PM
Stranger
Zed

If given the option based on weather alone, Cooper would pick Lochland the fact there could be a time he could actually come outside and actually feel something other than blistering dry heat. The change in seasons and weather was appealing in a way that there was change but it was calculated and predictable enough to be known rather than a surprise. Not to mention it was nice to actually have rain more then once every couple of months, without the fear of a flash flood, that was nice to have.

When she spoke up of the passionate tempers of the Miamians Cooper smirked, and nodded the further she spoke of them being laid back at least until it came to traffic where tempers flared and came up with road rage which wasn't surprising given the amount incidents he'd witnessed and heard of. Hot weather had a way of making drivers really pissed off, and generally understandable ways. "I can imagine." Cooper said concisely before she was shining a light in his half lidded eyes.

When she mentioned keeping him for another half hour, Cooper nodded slowly in non verbal agreement only to then tell him to take is easy for the next couple of days. He could do that, simply use some PTO and relax at home for a while though limiting screen time, he could only do that for so long before the call of a video game called out to him. "I know just who to call, and thanks for the advice I'll adhere to it." Cooper nodded until the point she told him to call the hospital if there were adverse changes to his condition. "Will do, thanks doc."
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 07:46 PM
Newcomer
Mara

"Good... I hope so." she smiled. It wouldn't be the first time she had had a patient who was agreeable to her suggested treatments, and then proceeded to ignore them once he or she had one foot out the hospital door. But something told her that officer Tanaka would be one of the few who actually held to her advice and would follow it as closely as he could. Perhaps because of his line of work, having had similar injuries in the past, and knowing that not taking care of himself would do more harm than good in the long run.

By that time, they had been left alone in the room, the nurses and other personnel having gone off to deal with other more pressing matters. Now that this one had been deemed in stable condition. Michelle reached towards the controls on the bed and slowly adjusted it into a sitting position, so he no longer had to lie prone, staring at the ceiling or whomever happened to be standing over him. She felt confident enough in her assessment of his injuries to allow him this comfort. "There... that should better."

After checking over the stitches and bandage on his head once more, glancing over him to see if his equilibrium was doing okay with the change of scenery, she went for the chart she had started for him. Picking it up, she made a few notations. As she wrote, she asked, "Are you thirsty? Do you want some water?" Michelle did not want to overdo things, but a few sips would be all right, if he assented. And it was something to occupy her time while she observed his condition a bit longer before sending him home to rest.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 12:21 PM
Stranger
Zed

Cooper had been in enough hospitals to know it was better to follow the doctor's recommendations rather than ignore them, besides the faster he returned to peak health the faster he could return to the job. But this also meant he would have a lot of time on his hand and that he would need to spend that time getting things done around the house or at least try as much as his injuries would allow. Feeling the bed incline he didn't say anything other than simply smiled to her assessment of it being better. getting checked over again and checking his eyes he then shook his head refusing water.

He wasn't thirsty, he'd drunk a liter of water this morning, then was working an his 2nd liter during the patrol that called him out to then chased the suspect he eventually ended up putting three or more bullets in. But the point being he was well hydrated enough that even with some blood loss he wasn't entirely feeling thirsty.

"I hydrate well, habits of having grown up in a desert... a gallon to a gallon and a half daily so I'm good. Hungry though but I can address that once I get home." Though Cooper then had a question to ask once his mind fully considered the prospect of it all, "Do I need to come back and get these removed or these those dissolving stitches?" Maybe she addressed that and maybe she didn't he didn't remember.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 03:52 PM
Newcomer
Mara

She nodded and smiled at his explanation. "A good habit to have." A lot people she met did not drink enough. Or not enough of the right liquids. Michelle knew she was guilty of this as times. Though she tried to drink plenty of water, a lot of times she ended up with a lot more of coffee and wine in her system. But she led a generally healthy lifestyle that counteracted the worst of that. Even if doctoring herself was not exactly the ideal.

Pulling a stool over to the side of his bed, she sat down near him. Pushed some hair back over her shoulder. "No, not the dissolving kind." Though the hospital did have them, Michelle did not always prefer to use them. Going on a case by case basis for the most part. "I didn't want to risk them coming out too soon. So yes, I'll need you to come back in to get them removed. I'd say in two weeks, if it's healing properly." Michelle thought she had mentioned this already to him; either she was slipping or he was having memory issues attributed to his head injury.

But that was why he was still here in the hospital: for her to continue to assess him and decide in the end whether he could go home as she had mentioned or needed to stay longer in case of complications. So far, though, a little lapse wouldn't be enough to change her mind. And he already knew to call her at the first sign that something didn't feel right. It was good he had an appetite, too. "I might be able to swipe you some JELL-O if you need something to tide you over before you head home." She smiled.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 01:08 AM
Stranger
Zed

Cooper experienced the feeling of dehydration on the job and well in life and given just how active he was he made sure his body had a full radiator to keep the toxins going out and the coolness of his body up. Especially in warmer weather like recently, he simply couldn't afford it he could only imagine if he was dehydrated when fighting the guy, being off his game even by a quarter or passing out. He might not be here awake and talking to the doctor so casually with stitches in his head.

Once she started talking about the stitches Cooper was able to remember the deva ju of this situation, they've had this conversation before, "I asked this before... sorry. Must've slipped my mind." And yet being so casually offered Jello when he mentioned being hungry, Cooper chuckled softly for a few seconds. "No thank you Doc, my levels of desperation have yet to go as low as to specifically request or eat Jello of all dessert choices."

It wasn't far fetch for many to say Jello wasn't their favorite, but for Cooper he wasn't a fan maybe it was the health nut part of him speaking but it was simply flavored empty calories. He preferred something with a little more substance to it.

PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 08:46 PM
Newcomer
Mara

"It's okay. It bears repeating." Smiling. Not concerned yet that a bit of a memory loss could be related to his concussion, but it was something she would be alert for. And would instruct his caregiver to be on the lookout for as well as other symptoms. All signs pointed so far to it being a rather mild head injury, but even those could prove to be something else after time passed along.

Michelle laughed back at his non acceptance of her offer for JELL-O. "I do agree... but it is one of the few things I feel comfortable letting you eat right now," another smile. "Just in case the nausea and dizziness has not fully dissipated." Hospital food would not have been her number one choice either, but in her years here at Lochland General, she had discovered that the meals here were halfway decent in comparison to others she had experienced. Officer Tanaka would have to settle for less, for now, however.

She leaned forward to check his IV bag of medication. Satisfied with its output and her estimation of when he would be able to depart the hospital, she focused back on her patient. "Perhaps some crackers?" There was not much left for her to actively do for him, and she really could have left and found her next patient. But Michelle liked to be there from start to finish whenever she could manage it. Just some idle conversation, keeping his mental acuity up, and offering the few treatments remaining. "Or ice chips? They're not just for pregnant women, you know," the corner of her mouth quirked up in amusement.

--------------------
PM
^
Cooper Tanaka
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:39 AM
Stranger
Zed

Cooper smiled, "Good." he didn't even consider that he could suffer memory loss, though given his personal life that would just be a huge slice of irony pie. Though the offer of Jell-O was easy to rebuff despite what the doctor said next of it being good for him at the current moment. "Well thank you but really I'm fine." The talk of nausea and dizziness though and Cooper replied quickly enough. "Dizziness seemed to pass and the nausea well just a tad, nothing really I think would mess with my appetites."

Though Cooper would also pass on hospital food, it's blandness and sterility taste alone was not something he could stomach if given the choice. It was comparable to prison food, basic and spartan and nature enough to be nutritious but lacking in everything that made food actually taste good. But if he was here any longer he might eventually relent and give in but for now he could hold off for the time being. There was a pause as she checked on his IV then offered crackers as Cooper nodded slowly it was a bit of compromise not as unhealthy for him as Jell-O but also had "some" flavor.

"Yeah.. I could do crackers doc." He was glad he had something to talk to or else he'd just attempt to sleep despite knowing he shouldn't and at her joke of ice chips and shook his head slowly. "Nah." Cooper chuckled as a detective seeming made his way to the area he was laying in. "Sergeant Cooper?" Cooper looked over at the man he recognized from CID, "Hey Frank." He then gestured to the doctor. "This is Doctor Cordero." Then gestured back to Frank. "Doc, Frank Icer... Dectective."

He introduced them as a matter of courtesy before Frank spoke up, given a nod to the Doctor first. "Nice to meet you, listen Cooper the guy you popped he'll be arriving D.O.A so I'll need to interview you if you're feeling up to it, you know the deal the sooner the better so you don't forget any details." Cooper sighed, "I'm feeling up to it but .. ah Doc? Am I good enough to interview?" Cooper looked over to her to get her opinion in case it was better to wait until he was discharged.
PM
^
Michelle Cordero
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 10:36 PM
Newcomer
Mara

Happy that he had agreed to try some food, "All right." It was a good sign that he was feeling better. Not just saying so but physical proof to back it up. She was beginning to believe more and more that if the officer did have a concussion, it was a mild one. Still, she wanted to be cautious because sometimes even serious head injuries presented as more benign in the beginning. Eating something would go a long way in showing her that any nausea or dizziness was gone.

Before she could continue, though, she heard someone behind her. Looked, thinking one of the nurses needed her for another patient. But it was a man unfamiliar. Michelle was about to ask him to leave and let the officer rest, when she heard them address each other, introducing her to another policeman, a detective, indirectly. And she relaxed, partially, not liking been snuck up on without warning.

Officer Tanaka introduced her as well to the detective, and she nodded. "Hello." Thinking to explain the officer's condition to this man who was likely coming to check on him, Michelle opened her mouth. But instead, the detective soon ignored her and spoke directly to her patient. Apparently he was one of the all-business types with not much time for niceties. While she could appreciate someone who was good at their job, rudeness was another story.

She shook herself out of it when she heard her patient speak to her. Glancing his way, she paused a moment, giving the detective the cold shoulder back and only looking at Officer Tanaka. Michelle could see no reason why not. For all intents and purposes, he was lucid and sharp. "For a few minutes... not too long." Smiled at him and added, "I'll leave you to it... I'll be back with some crackers." One last check of the monitors and IV, and she turned around and pushed through the doors to the hallway.

Michelle found her way to the staff lounge and to where she knew a small stash of crackers were hidden. The doctor who put them there would certainly not mind if she borrowed a few. Prize in hand, she decided to go the long way around back to her patient, stopping over at the front desk to see how the case load was. What she might have missed or had neglected while with her current patient. Satisfied that everyone else was being taken care of or wasn't a dire emergency, she finally returned to her current patient. "Hope I'm not interrupting," she said brightly, as she reentered through the doors.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll