February 2017 Featured RPG
March 2017 Featured RPG
June 2017 Featured RPG
September 2017 Featured RPG
November 2017 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Choose your own Adventure!
What happens next? Vote Here

Kat and Jaya wake up in Lochland Grove after some mischievous spirits get a hold of the latest copy of The Lochland Times. Site work is never done!

This Episode: Missing: lost Kat. Jaya may have spotted her, but there is a suspicious ghost running away. Should she chase the ghost or go wrangle her friend?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

Haunted Halloween Party!
Halloween has come to Lochland, and the old Richfield Family Manson welcomes everyone to attend a costume party unlike any other.

Canned Food Drive!
Thanksgiving is coming. Bring food to Town Hall, and help the less fortunate. Coats, hats, and scarves are also welcome.

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

December 5th
Decision 7, Woo!

December 1st
No Activity Check! Happy Holidays!

November 19th
Decision 6 is up!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Add Reply

Coffee & a catch up, Charlotte Williams
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 04:35 AM
Local
Kate

A catch up over a coffee with her best friend was definitely needed. It had felt like a somewhat long summer, lots had changed but Zoe was confident she was ending the summer in a better place she'd started it in. She'd done a lot of thinking during her family vacation in San Francisco, promising Kieran she'd consider giving him another chance. After the charity ball it was fairly obvious what her decision was anyway, but she'd needed time to think. He'd hurt her once, she wasn't just going to let him back in without taking it seriously. But everyone deserved a second chance didn't they? It wasn't like he'd done something terrible to her, he could be forgiven. So she'd agreed to take him back, to start again. That was somewhat exciting but also slightly scary at the same time, she didn't think she was good at any of this.

It felt like it had been some time since she'd seen Charlotte so she was so excited to see her today, she'd suggested meeting for a coffee at Looseleaf so they could just have one of their famous girly chats that they were so good at. Besides, she could always count on Charlotte to put a smile on her face. Although Zoe was in a good mood anyway, she wasn't sure anything could bring her down right now. She'd arrived before Charlotte and found a table by the window, settling down into the chair cradling a mug of coffee in her hands that she'd just ordered. She flicked her blonde hair over her shoulder and then looked out of the window awaiting her friend's arrival, wondering what had been going on in Charlotte's life recently - Zoe was sure she had quite the glamourous lifestyle these days with Mathias, jetsetting around all over the place. She couldn't wait to hear what she may have been up to recently, it seemed they probably had a lot of catching up to do.

Outfit

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:43 AM
Newcomer
Nat

Things weren't always as they seemed when she lived with Mathias. They had their differences but they never fought. Which was nice. They had also traveled to Switzerland for a week too and ended up back home after a while. It was a very nice trip indeed. Especially without Lukas, though she had missed her pup and Lukas terribly so when they both got back from vacation. Then it was back to the daily grind at work and running more files and paper work. Charlotte loved her life. She was loving living with Mathias and being a real couple now. They were official. Sure, she was printed out in certain tabloids in Germany but that was only because she allowed what was to be said on them.

Thankfully, Mathias didn't get too terribly upset about them either. When she saw them she was a bit worried to what he would say so she knew that he would be ok with it later. Charlotte was glad today was Saturday and unlike today she didn't have much to do. She was planning to see her best friend Zoe and have a bit of catch up time since she knew she would like to see her weekly but it was hard. Seeing friends were always the hardest whenever she wanted to get away. Though, she loved her life, she couldn't exchange anything about it now.

Already half way to the parking structure Charlotte was thinking in her car as she parked it. Moments later she alarmed her car and was on her way to meet Zoe. She wanted to park in the structure today near the plaza so she felt like a good walk was ok. Grabbing her things as soon as she got out form her car she made her way to the coffee. She could already see her blonde bestie near a window and could see the reflection of her smile. She looked cheerful as she walked closer to coffee place. Waving as she reached the door to get her attention Charlotte walked fast paced and placed her purse down in front of her.

"Zoe! It's been forever darling, how are you hon? Everything ok? Since the last time we hung out? I hope Kieran is not in your life anymore.... she admitted after the way he treated her the last time. That one night she couldn't forget her coming to the door and crying, they hung out all night even with Mathias to get a guys perspective. It was a good night but she felt bad for Zoe and only hoped the best for her.

outfit :]

--------------------
user posted image
-made by MARDY BUM @Caution - xoxo
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 10:11 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe knew she should probably find more time to spend with her friends, but it was difficult when everyone was working and had other things going on in their lives. It wasn't like being back at school where you saw your friends every day and were with them all day long. Being a grown up sucked sometimes. She didn't have much of a social life and that was definitely something she should work on. Sometimes it was just too easy to stay in and curl up on the couch watching a good movie. There was no effort required and she could get lost in her own little world. It was important to make time for friends though and she especially wanted to see Charlotte, her life was far more exciting than her own and she was sure she could count on her friend to tell her some exciting stories from her travels.

She didn't have to wait long and she saw Charlotte's car pull up outside, giving her friend a wave from the window, hoping she'd seen her otherwise she looked like a bit of an idiot sat here waving. She seemed to catch Charlotte's attention though and less than a minute later, her friend was headed towards her table. "Charlotte!" she greeted her happily, blue eyes widening at the sight of her friend who always seemed to look drop dead gorgeous. At least Zoe was in a far better mood than the last time they'd hung out. Well this was all rather embarassing now, she'd gone from being mad and upset over a guy to being all smitten again... over the same damn guy. And Charlotte had been such a great friend over the whole thing. "I'm great! Well, apart from being back at work now after the summer" she laughed, biting her lip when Kieran was mentioned. Well this wasn't awkward at all. It was bad enough that Charlotte had dated him before, she was going to be even more disappointed when she found out Zoe had taken him back. "Heh..." she mumbled awkwardly, lifting her mug to her lips, well she wasn't exactly going to lie to her friend. She took a sip and then put the mug down again, "Would you be disappointed if he was?" she raised an eyebrow, feeling a bit guilty now. Not to mention it made things a bit awkward if Kieran was to hang around both girls again, obviously Charlotte didn't want anyone to hurt Zoe and it would be the same if it were the other way round and she found out Mathias had done something to hurt her.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 11:08 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Of course, she was going to be dating him and she shouldn’t have said that to her in the most awkward way. She felt bad but she would make up for it later. It was like an almost matter of fact tone. Charlotte did like Kieran as a friend but as a lover he wasn’t really all the best. She honestly hoped that he had changed if he was with Zoe. Zoe was a precious girl any man would be lucky to have her. Any woman would be too. “No not exactly, maybe just would keep a better eye on him this time around. I hope he knows what he is doing with you…” she answered her and sat down on the opposite side of the chair.

“How are you? You look reasonably better since the last time I saw you….” Charlotte asked her as she wanted to see how she was. The girl was a huge mess and they had a girl’s night just talking all night about random things. About Kieran, and Mathias even came into the conversation since she couldn’t really escape him. It was at his place. “Hmmm what are you drinking?” nudging to the coffee as she looked over at the menu and shifted her eyes as she kept her attention on her friend too. She wanted to at least talk to her today and give her full attention.

ooc: changed the outfit. lol! im sorry for the wait. :/

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 05:24 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe had clearly made it obvious that she was back with Kieran despite not technically saying she was. But it was written all over her face wasn't it? She bit her lip gently, getting the impression that Charlotte wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Well, she could understand that, Zoe had gone round to her house in a state because of what Kieran had done and now she'd taken him back. "I haven't taken him back without thinking it through... he still hurt me. I can put it down to him being scared. He does seem to care about me" she smiled, fiddling with a strand of her hair lightly. "I've given him another chance but we're just taking it slowly" she added, she didn't want Charlotte thinking Kieran had just put on the charm and she'd taken him back in a flash because it hadn't been like that.

She grinned slightly and nodded her head, she was definitely feeling a lot better since then. "Yes, well I've had the summer to relax. Went to San Francisco with my family, that was brilliant. It was nice to just get away for a bit, I think I needed that" she smiled, she'd come back feeling refreshed and having thought about what she wanted. Time away gave you a chance to think. Zoe sipped from her coffee, "Ooh, it's just a cappuccino" she smiled, leaning forward over the table slightly once she'd put her mug back down. "So how's life with Mr Falk? Has he taken you anywhere exotic lately?" she grinned, she was sure that Charlotte really was living the dream. No relationship was ever perfect but from what Zoe could tell she seemed to have settled and was happy living with her man.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 02:58 AM
Newcomer
Nat

Charlotte probably would take Mathias back in a heartbeat if he ever hurt her like Kieran had with Zoe. It was just something that she would want to do. Thinking about what she had said she wouldn’t judge her any more than she had because they were best friends and she really would be happy for her only if she was truly happy. “That’s really great Zoe…I am truly happy for you. As long as it is what you want. Because I know for as long as the four years I have known you, all you wanted was a guy to love you back and be happy. Right?” she grinned at her and only hoped for the best for her. She would just cheer her on from the sidelines. Maybe they could have a double wedding? If they were to get married around the same time. Don’t get side tracked Charlotte.

She had decided on a pumpkin spice latte with a cinnamon bagel and cream cheese. “It’s been amazing Zoe….I finally found the love of my life. He’s perfect in every way. You know this from the many talks we have had. Well we went to Switzerland….” Charlotte was very happy. She couldn’t believe it. But throughout her past childhood she was unhappy and now she was ecstatic. Calling one of the waitresses barista’s over she had ordered what she wanted. “Mathias also asked how you were doing too…He wanted to see if you were ok from the past few weeks. Zoe, I think he cares about you too….” she smiled at her and placed a hand on her arm for caring thoughts. Charlotte leaned forward a bit as she reached for her cash in her wallet to pay for the drink when the barista came back.

ooc: Yay for besties again. I am back! Woo :]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 09:52 AM
Local
Kate

To give things another go with Kieran was what she wanted, to at least see where they might end up. It was a bit too early to be calling it 'love', but she knew she definitely cared about him and had strong feelings otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to give him another chance. She could only hope that those feelings were being returned, so for now she had to take his word for it. She smiled at Charlotte, "Well... those things would definitely be nice" she nodded her head, she was sure she didn't need a man to make her happy because happiness came from within. But to be with someone who treated her with respect and cared about her, definitely gave her a nice, happy feeling. "It's early days. I try not to get my hopes up too much, but when a guy starts giving you attention it's hard not to get carried away" she laughed, okay so she definitely wasn't planning out a wedding or anything like that, because she never quite went that far. But she definitely started thinking about the many things they could do together.

Switzerland. She was sure that couple got around everywhere! "It has to be exciting to go to all these different countries, Charlotte. You must be so well travelled by now" she laughed, taking a sip from her coffee as she peered at her friend. She waited until the barista had left the table again and then smiled, "That's sweet of him. I mean I know he saw me in a bit of a state that night I came round to yours" she bit her lip gently and then leant back in her chair again. "Do you guys ever argue?" she asked, hoping that didn't come across as a nosy question, she was just curious because they always seemed so happy together.

((OOC: I've missed you!!))

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 12:08 AM
Newcomer
Nat

“Hmm I still have a few more places I would love to go with him and friends, or just by myself too. It is hard to do that now because I feel if he didn’t want to go with me,” she grinned at her while taking the coffee from the barista when she came back with her drink and bagel. Charlotte couldn’t have agreed more about the attention comment because of the fact that Mathias had done that to her too. She loved it when he called her, text her, even sent her little gifts in the beginning to win her over. She was truly happy.

“He does though, I know. It’s sweet. He’s just one of those type of guys,” she smirked this time and raised an eyebrow at the last thing she had asked her. “Well, not really. Sometimes we do, it’s just silly petty things though. Like I’ll be mad if he doesn’t put the seat down, or if he doesn’t throw stuff away properly but it’s mostly me that does that. He really is the perfect guy for me, because he doesn’t exactly complain around me at all. Or at least I think he doesn’t…” Charlotte answered politely because it was true.

Mathias was usually a gentlemen nor did she ever see him yell or get too upset with her, it was always just the little things at times. Nothing too big.

ooc: Girl, me too! You have no idea <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 05:39 AM
Local
Kate

The one thing that scared her about getting into a new relationship was losing her sense of independence. She couldn't deal with another guy who wanted to control her, know where she was at all times and didn't want her have her own life as well. She'd only end up feeling trapped like she had with Adam. "Well, you know him better than I do but Mathias doesn't strike me as the type that would stop you from doing your own thing every now and again" she smiled, everyone needed their own space and there was nothing wrong with that.

It was definitely normal to at least bicker in a relationship, probably even more so if you were living together but Zoe had never come close to living with a guy. She was definitely nowhere near ready for that yet and just wanted to enjoy going out on dates. She giggled slightly as Charlotte told her the things they were likely to argue about, "Ah well, at least they are just minor things. Annoying things, but if that's all you argue over then I don't think either of you have anything to worry about" she grinned, she was happy that they were still clearly going from strength to strength. Zoe sipped from her coffee again, glancing out of the window for a second before she looked back at her friend. "If I can talk Kieran into it, we should do a proper double date sometime. It'd be fun, right?" she grinned, she liked the idea of it she just wasn't sure how well it would go down with Kieran, but she wanted him to be part of her friendship groups - god knows, he could use a few more friends even if he didn't realise it.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 10:42 PM
Newcomer
Nat

Laughing along as she shook her head, “No, he definitely doesn’t tell me no. I pretty much do what I want at times. Though, there are restrictions….” she answered her. Continuing to sip on her coffee she was checking out the bookstore and seeing who was around. Remembering that this was one of the few places that she and Mathias had a date on. This was where she met him. “Not really, which is good,” Charlotte was really thinking about her past few dates with him last year, she was being nostalgic. Then Zoe had noted about a double date and she felt that it could be a clever idea too.

“I am sure that it would work out well. Maybe suggest it to Kieran first….” Charlotte agreed, and she would talk to Mathias about it. Charlotte was already a friend of Kieran’s and he needed to remember that. “Let’s do a little mini weekend vacation trip?” she suggested hoping that it could be something fun for the two of them. She had remembered the last spa trip they had, and it was amazing. One of the best days she had in a really long time with the girls. She and Michelle hadn’t seen each other since she was working a lot, and Charlotte had a bunch of free time lately.

She wanted to make time for her friends and eventually have some good memories for the holidays soon.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 11:16 AM
Local
Kate

Relationships were about compromising with someone, something she was going to have to learn again after having been single for quite a long time. She appreciated she wasn't going to get her own way all the time and that was fine, she just didn't want someone to control her. That was why she was so scared about getting into a new relationship in case it ended the same way. Her faith in men still wasn't very high, but she had to begin to accept that not every guy was like her ex. She would definitely like to believe that there were decent men out there.

It was definitely something she was going to have to speak to Kieran about, she wasn't sure it would go down too well if she signed him up for something without his permission first. Especially not when she knew socialising in big groups wasn't exactly his thing. She smiled at Charlotte, "I kinda like the idea of that. I mean... definitely, at some point" she agreed, at this point she still hadn't spent the night with him so that was something she had to conquer first before the thought of going on a mini vacation with him as well as another couple. Whilst pondering that she took a sip from her coffee, glancing out of the window for a second before looking at Charlotte again, "You should have come to Movies at the Lake... it was so much fun. I went with Kieran for his birthday. I even swam in the lake" she grinned, she still wasn't sure how he'd managed to get her in there. "Well.. for all of five minutes, god knows what's in that lake. But the weather's been so hot lately, it was nice to cool down" she smiled, she was already longing for the cooler months to arrive now, there was only so much hot weather she could deal with.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 08:38 PM
Newcomer
Nat

“So, what all has he done to my best friend?” she wondered as she wanted to know more about this new relationship they were starting. Could it have been slight jealousy? Maybe. The fact that he wasn’t so keen with her, then again, she has Mathias? How could she not? She really needed to confide with someone else that wasn’t her best friend. Maybe a guy’s point of view. “I mean a mini vacation with just us silly! Not the two of you…I still want a girl’s weekend like we planned,” she added with a giggle, as she shook her head.

Her coffee was just about finished, and she wanted to get some water after that, she still felt a small sugar high after drinking it. It wasn’t so bad but bad enough that she was getting giddy. Probably from drinking it too fast. “We need to celebrate our friendiversaries remember? Ohhhhh? Oh really? Hmmm, you are giving me ideas that Mathias and I haven’t done yet….” she laughed again and almost snorted because it was a funny idea. Though, she wondered if Mathias would be too keen on doing it with her.

“I knew I forgot his birthday! Oh crap, I hope he’s not too pissed,” she gasped and shrugged her shoulders. “Have you been going to all the town’s events? I need to make some appearances for press conferences again. I need to find out about the town, and other people…..” explaining more about her work. Sometimes Charlotte needed to get down and dirty and back stage to get other information about everyone for a story. Even if it was just something little, she wanted to come up with a few ideas for the paper again soon.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 09:14 AM
Local
Kate

Zoe smiled, she'd like to think that what he'd really done was bring her out of her shell and show her that life went on. Just because she'd been through some tough times in the past few years didn't mean she couldn't be happy. It was still a little odd knowing that Kieran and Charlotte had previously dated, another reason why Zoe had been slightly hesitant to open up about it all. Even if Charlotte told her that everything was fine, she couldn't help but still feel a little guilty that she was dating a friend's ex. Apparently that was the problem with small towns, everyone seemed to have dated everyone. "Oh right, ha! Well a girl's weekend is definitely still on my list of things I want to do" she smiled, it was even better when she had a friend like Charlotte to do things like that with.

Going out on dates was apparently a lot of fun, it was still very new to her though but Kieran seemed to have an endless list of things they could do together. "There ya go then... suggest a nice refreshing swim in the lake next time you're stuck for ideas" she laughed, once had definitely been enough for her, but at least she'd tried it. She shook her head at Charlotte, "I'm sure he wouldn't be offended. I got the impression he doesn't usually celebrate his birthday much" she said, so it had meant a lot that he'd asked her to spend it with him.

Zoe nodded her head in answer to Charlotte's question about the town's events. "I do try and make an effort to go to a lot of them. I think that's what I like about Lochland... there's a real sense of community that you don't get in other big towns and cities" she smiled, it always had that 'homely' feel. "Especially at Halloween and Christmas... you'll have plenty to cover. You know I love reading your stories" she grinned, the paper was definitely more exciting to read knowing that her friend worked on it.

--------------------
PM
^
Charlotte Williams
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 01:54 AM
Newcomer
Nat

“I agree with you on that,” she answered her as she really wanted to go to one of the Christmas holiday festivals they had in the future months. Just like she had done last year when she first met Mathias. It would have to be something that she would love doing every year. She fully noted that and wondered what other new and fun activities the town would have this year. Something new always happened every year. There was that Halloween Auction that never happens. That was the one where someone bid on Mathias and she was furious that he even entered. Though, it was way before they dated. Charlotte really wanted to know more about her and Kieran, although it could open up a whole different experience for her though she wouldn’t be upset with Zoe at all for it.

“Alright, I will. That does sound fun. I can mention to him that you gave me ideas, though I will wait till after the fall and winter seasons we are in….” she laughed and sipped more on her coffee. Her bagel was still partially eaten and she was just keeping it with her so she wouldn’t have to buy more things. Even if she did she would buy something sweet or small. “Look, I understand it might be complicated to tell me the details but I am really ok Zoe. You can tell me anything, I promise. I’ll be ok about it. Plus, I’d feel bad if I told you everything about Mathias and you never shared you know?” Charlotte answered her in a sweet tone. Charlotte would hate to see their friendship go into shams just over one subject, she would just have to be reasonable with her.

When it came down to friendship and trust, Charlotte was a good friend to talk to. She would always be there for them even if meant talking about a previous ex-boyfriend. It really wouldn’t matter that much.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Zoe Kennedy
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:39 am
Local
Kate

Zoe smiled faintly as she watched her friend, she knew she shouldn't have to feel as if she were holding back and not wanting to tell Charlotte certain things just because she so happened to have dated Kieran in the past. Yeah okay, it was a little awkward but that was just something she'd learn to accept as time went on. And with any luck it wouldn't bother her at all once she got used to opening up and spilling a few more details. Though she did happen to be quite private about things like this anyway, so had the guy been anyone other than Kieran then it was most likely she'd still be feeling the same way anyway. Plus it was early days and she really didn't want to jinx anything.

"I know I can tell you anything. I mean I'm sure you don't want every detail..." she laughed slightly, Zoe definitely wasn't as open as Charlotte was. She was very shy usually about talking about such personal things, but she was at least willing to open up a little more now Charlotte had tried to encourage her. "It's a bit embarrassing really, but I bid on him at the charity ball and won him" she giggled slightly, "I actually have no idea what got into me. But these two other women started having a bidding war over him and before I realised what I'd done I'd joined in" she bit her lip to hide her smirk. It had clearly taken something like that to realise how much she wanted to fight for him. Nothing at all to do with the fact that Kieran had tried to persuade her to bid on him in the first place... honestly, she'd thought it had been a little rude of him considering he'd been the one to ditch her in the first place. But oh well, it had all worked in her favour in the end. "Anyway, it was a very nice evening. He was very attentive. And who knew he could dance?" she grinned, apparently that was one of his secret talents and left her wondering what else she didn't know about him.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply