February 2018 Featured RPG
May 2018 Featured RPG

PLOT & RULES FAQ | MEMBER GROUPS | GETTING STARTED | REGISTRATION
Have you read the Newspaper?
You can read it Here

Holidays are important in Lochland Grove. It is no wonder the community is buzzing over Little Halloween; a celebration of the town's bravery in the face of serial killer Robert Lewis.

Now that Lewis's copy cat is behind bars, does Little Halloween hold new meaning? What of the approaching Hurricane Caroline?

Welcome to Lochland Grove
Open since January 2, 2014

We are a Real Life Roleplay site focused on enriching character driven stories through events, newspaper headlines, and even death. Set in modern day Connecticut, our background plot follows the on-goings of a small town with a murderous past. Whether your character explores it is up to you. Life is about choice - this is your story. Our goal is to provide a place where you will feel comfortable writing it. Come join the fun!

ASK JAYA
(Click Here!)

Jaya has looked over your questions and written some answers! Check out the May Announcements for all the details, and maybe learn something new.

Lochland Weather

Dark, cloudy, rainy.. There may be a hurricane over the New England Area. Stay Safe, Lochland Grove!

CLAIMS | ADOPTABLES | CREDITS | ADVERTISING | AFFILIATION

Site News

May 10th
Ask Jaya and
May Announcements!

May 5th
Look! A Newspaper!

May 1st
No Activity check!
Goodluck, Students on finals!

Chatbox

Staff

Admin

Kat

Head Mod

Mods

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Nectar of the Gods, Jorge Cervantes
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 02:20 PM
Newcomer
Kat

It had been a while since she’d been spontaneous. Minnie was a force of nature, tended to be merciful with others. It kept things from becoming inconvenient. Still, there she was. She may have gone into Trudy’s for a little retail therapy, but she left with a man on her arm, no bags, and her evening plans completely changed.

The Taxi ride was unusual. There was dog and another man present, and Minnie wasn’t feeling very talkative. She looked forward to a little wine. Something sweet and decadent. It was lucky for her she wasn’t an alcoholic. ”I see the building, Jorge.” She tried the world on carefully like a new pair of shoes. ”I ‘aven’t ‘ad good Italian food in ages. I ‘ear Ambrosia supplied food for the Annual Charity Ball one year. Not t’at I know if t’at is true. The Red Vines ‘as catering. I got to walk t’rough t’eir kitchen one year when I volunteered for the Bachelor auction.” Ambrosia was meant for nice clothes and fancy dates. Strangely enough she’d never been their. Then again, the only recent dating she had was with Colton..

Colton.. the name lingered a moment as she wondered how he was doing. He should have known better than to chase after other women when pursuing her. ”huh.. a quote just popped in to my ‘ead and I ‘ave not’ing to attach it to. Just out of the blue. I’m not even sure what made me t’ink of it.” How.. odd. ”What are we but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at t’em in our turn. T’at is going to bug me until I look it up.” She liked the sound of it. Perhaps she had heard it once and put it to heart.

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 05:09 PM
Townie
Thoth

As odd as it sounded, there were a few moments there where Jorge thought that this was nothing but a dream. Leaving the shop with Emma on one side and Minuit on the other, it felt far too surreal for it to actually be reality. But, as he felt the sun on his face and the cool air on his cheeks, he knew that this was very real. He was going out to dinner with Minuit, a woman whom he had only met a handful of times and yet...there was something that sparked the air. He wanted to ignore it because, really, it was far too poetic even for him. So much was his desire to ensure that he was reading too much into things that he convinced himself of the most important fact -- dinner; it was just dinner.

By the time they got into the taxi, Jorge settled in with Emma sitting at his feet, he could feel himself starting to come down. He had only come out to buy a scarf and yet now he was sitting next to a extreme intriguing woman who had invited him out for a meal. He was unsure how this turn of events occurred because how was it possible for them to just keep running into one another?

He decided, however, that he was getting far too much in his own head. Reaching down, he patted Emma’s head. The sweetheart was definitely off the routine as well but she was always so willing to be there for him. He smirked a little, feeling her warm breath on his hand before she settled flat on the floor of the cab.

Only a few minutes of silence rose between them before Minuit spoke up. She said she would already see the building. Good, he was surprised actually by how hungry he was getting. It wasn’t helped by how she spoke about the food. Good Italian was hard to get, especially since everyone just thought of pizza when considering the cuisine.

After some comments on the restaurants charitable work, he nodded his head, smirking a bit at the fact that Minuit had been part of an auction.

”A bachelor auction?” he asked, smiling slyly. ”I certainly hope you went for a good bid.” he joked. ”Though, all joking aside, I hope it was fun for you, and for a good cause.”

He could just imagine it. Minuit being on stage, commanding it with just the click of her heels and the sound of her voice. He was almost sad that he had missed it but he doubted he could have afforded her anyways. Not that he would have bid. Ahem.

”The last time I was here was for a faculty Christmas party,” he smirked and shook his head at what he was about to tell her. ”About two years ago. Made out with the department secretary in her care just before she passed out.” he snorted. ”That was...interesting to say the least. Thank goodness one of my other coworkers was still available to call her sister and drive me home.”

He shook his head at the memory, especially the next day when she asked him to forget that night ever happened. He was only too happy to oblige. Now that he was returning, Jorge was actually glad it was under more pleasant circumstances. After all, Minuit was far better company that an entire English department’s Christmas function. There was no arguing that.

As they travel, a quote seemingly popped up in Minuit’s head. She recited it and the poet immediately smiled a little, his head tilting down as he closed his eyes in remembrance. He knew exactly what she was referring to, especially as it just so happened to be one of his absolute favorites. So, sparing her the trouble of looking it up, he responded.

Pride and Prejuidice, by Jane Austen,” he said with a coy smile. ”It’s one of my favorites. She was an amazing writer. Truly offered a glimpse into the world she came from -- even if it was a bit romanticized.”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 10:17 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Fancy food reminded her of the Charity Ball. The scenory had been lovely; a bachelor auction, food, decor. ”A bachelor auction?” Minnie made a soft humm ”I certainly hope you went for a good bid. Though, all joking aside, I hope it was fun for you, and for a good cause.” She glanced at Jorge with a mild smile. ”The bidding did go well. The date, not so much. I was purchased by a man who 'ad left 'is sick fiance at 'ome to come pick up a date. I was so angry I paid the money t’at 'e 'ad spent and spent the night on my own. “ Her lips pressed into thin line, agitated. ”I went t’is year too and purchased- well, t’at date started well, but ended badly. I knew the man and.. I was rat’er surprised wit’ the outcome. “ It was, however, a good cause.

Apparently he last time he was at Ambrosia was a work Christmas party. Minnie’s features lightened, amused by the situation he had put himself in. ”Living life, Mister Poet?” She teased. ”Your nickname isn’t Valentino, is it?” The silent film actor had interested her briefly when her father had gone through a silent film phase. It was strange that through her thoughts a quote surfaced. She had no idea what it was connected to, only that it had become so clear in her head that she wanted to mention it.

‘What are we but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn.’

A little bit of wisdom tied up in a few simple words. ”Pride and Prejuidice, by Jane Austen,” She pulled out her phone, hoping to make a note. ”It’s one of my favorites. She was an amazing writer. Truly offered a glimpse into the world she came from -- even if it was a bit romanticized.” Maybe she’d read it? Was it poetry? ”I wish I could remember where I first ‘eard the quote. Per’aps after I’ve delved into the story we can ‘ave a conversation about it?” It could be good fodder for them, something to pick apart and discuss. ”According to google t’ere are several movies-oh.. Colin Firt’! “ The Actor was going up in years, and had always been handsome. The 1995 version might be her first look at the story. Maybe she’d follow along while reading it. She wanted to assure herself she knew what she was talking about. ”Ah, we ‘ave arrived..” She almost wished they hadn’t.

”Shall we?” She glanced down at Emma for a moment, winking at the animal warmly. ”I’ll just slip out the door and meet you outside.” She liked having doors opened for her, but never required it. At the moment she just wanted to enjoy herself. Minnie hoped rather than expected that he’d do the same. An unfamiliar place couldn’t be easy, but she had a feeling that Emma knew what she was doing.

Outside the car, she pulled her leather jacket tight about her and smiled to the blindman when he managed his way around the taxi. Her fingers were light on his arm. A delicate touch that didn’t pull. ”Please, lead the way.” The building had an overhang, probably for getting to waiting cars in the rain. The windows were large, filled with empty bottles of wine, fake grape vines, and ribbons. ”I can see a bar t’rough the window. Are you intersted in a drink while we wait to be seated?” They had spoken of wine once. Now they could enjoy some together.

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 11:29 PM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge smirked as he listened to Minuit’s retelling of the events of her auction. It had been for a good cause and she had apparently managed to get paid quite a bit. However, it seemed that her “date” turned into a rather big headache. That was unfortunate to hear. Though he didn’t know the details, he could probably imagine a scenario or two that were close to reality. Still, he wouldn’t say anything, only offer his apologies for her ill treatment and his congratulations on at least bringing a large donation to charity. At least the second attempt at this she managed to have a somewhat respectable time.

He couldn’t help but offer his own experience here at Ambrosia. It was just a department Christmas party that they were all required to attend. He had one too many, the secretary had one too many, and there was some harmless making out that quickly ended thanks to vomiting out, hardly the stuff of legends. Still, he could hear the teasing tone Minuit’s voice took when she nudged him about living the life as one of the world’s greatest lovers.

He scoffed. ”Trust me,” he said with a sigh. ”It was hardly romance novels are made of.”

He laughed and then pushed the memory to the back of his mind. The secretary stopped coming by after that, probably because she thought she had made a fool of herself. Then again, Jorge didn’t really make her feel any better when he readily agreed to acting like it never happened. He had probably offended her but he hardly considered it his issue anymore.

When Minuit quoted one of his favorite books, Jorge had to jump in, identifying where she had heard the passage. It seemed that she was unfamiliar with how she had heard it and yet managed to nearly quote it verbatim. Interesting. He could hear the sounds of her shuffling for her phone and, when she managed to pull it out, went over the details she had found. Yes, there were several movies on the subject that had been created throughout the years.

”I would enjoy conversing about it with you,” he said with a smile. ”It’s a good book.” When she stumbled across the name of Colin Firth, he had to chuckle. ”If you are going to watch a film adaptation of it, I would suggest that one and not the early 2005 remake. Nothing inherently wrong, but Hollywood did take certain liberties with some events. Colin Firth version is a bit more true to character.”

At least in his opinion.

It wasn’t long after that that the vehicle pulled to a stop and the driver announced their arrival. Minuit informed him that she would meet him outside and he nodded his head. He reached down, stroking Emma’s muzzle as until she looked up at him. He smirked, feeling her breath aimed towards his face and he scratched between her ears.

”It’s just dinner, Emma,” he whispered to her. ”Don’t be so judgy.”

The dog whined in defiance before leaning up to lick his hand. He smirked, opened the door, and pushed it open. Emma was the first climb out, followed by Jorge who unfolded his cane and carefully planted his feet on the sidewalk. He needed to take a breath. It had been some time since he was last here and he needed to make sure he knew what was around him before he started moving. With a sweep of his cane, he found the wall, the sidewalk, and some dips in the concrete. He stood still for a moment until he heard the inescapable sounds of Minuit’s heels.

It was coming back to him now. He knew that there was a nice brick wall that led the way to the front door, he remembered that because he had to use it to make his way there. Finding it with the tip of his cane, he followed it until the wall was on one side. Soon enough, Minuit joined him and asked him to lead the way. He would do his best.

Though he was supposed to be leading the party, Minuit seemed kind enough to help guide him as best she could. Just a subtle nudge and pull here and there, just to make sure he didn’t walk into anything his cane may have missed. Before long, he could smell the fine italian cuisine being prepared; they were getting closer.

Minuit said she could see the bar through the window. A drink before they dined?

He nodded in agreement. ”Sure,” he said with a grin. ”We can finally have that wine we were talking about last time.” He chuckled as he moved ahead finding the door. A brief feel with his hand and he enclosed it around the handle, which he then pulled to open the door. The feeling of heat, the scent of food, and the soft sounds of conversation and plates clattering filled the air. Definitely the right place. He pulled the door open as much as he could and gestured towards Minuit. ”Ladies first.”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 01:56 AM
Newcomer
Kat

It sounded as if she might be making a dive into English literature, but for now Minnie would stick with the present. From where she stood she had a good look at Ambrosia’s front doors. They were mostly glass, decorative, appealing. Granted, anything would be appealing if it got her out of the cold. Jorge’s arrival at her arm was enough for her to start forward without hesitation. She knew where she wanted to be.

She had an elegance about her as she stepped indoors. Jorge was kind enough to hold the door like a gentleman as she got her first kiss of heat on her cheeks. It was delicious. Minnie found herself smiling with satisfaction as she both took off her coat and heard the door close behind her. ”The bar is to the right, Jorge..” She looked to the man warmly. ”Would you see about getting us a bottle of wine while I reserve a table? Maybe a Lambrusco or Mascatto? Somet’ing we can bot’ enjoy.” She knew they had similar tastes. It was time to see what he liked. ”If you can’t decide I’m sure we could taste test a few.” That in itself sounded fun. She’d make a note for later, for now it was time to talk to the youth staring at her.

The podium was the perfect heigh to set under her breasts. Minnie wasn’t certain it was a good thing, but she made sure not to lean. ”I’d like a table for two.” She murmured sweetly. ”Ten minutes, please.” Good. ”Tat sounds wonderful. T’ank you.” Her eyes glanced over her shoulder in the direction of Jorge then quickly back to the girl staring back at her. ”What name should we reserve it under?” The intensity of the stare was starting to make her curious. ”Estelle” Before the conversation continued she waved and backed away. There was a man waiting for her.

”Jorge?” She called, letting him know she was near before she approached his elbow. ”We ‘ave ten minutes. Plenty of time to enjoy a glass before we get to find out just ‘ow many rolls are allotted to us. “

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 10:52 AM
Townie
Thoth

Once he felt Minuit enter the establishment, Jorge was quick to follow. It was a stark difference when compared to the cool weather outside. Here it was warm, inviting, and the scents of food and the sounds of a grand time were being heard everywhere. Though he normally didn’t care to be outside, amongst a lot of people, right now he didn’t feel as strange about it. Maybe it was the company he was with. Minuit, for some reason, made things a bit more tolerable. It could be because she was something to focus on, or maybe she said such sweet things that the older man couldn’t help but feel a little lighter hearted. Whatever the case, he was actually glad he was here.

Feeling her next to him, Jorge titled his head so that he could hear her clearly. She pointed him off to the bar and suggested that maybe he order the wine? With a dip of his head, he agreed. ”I will certainly do my best.” He grinned.

Once he felt her leave his side, Jorge moved in the direction she had said, using both his cane and Emma at his side to ensure he didn’t bump into anyone. When he felt the tip of his cane grace the edge of the bar, he followed it along the side before he felt one the bar seats that were empty. With the one next to it empty as well, he slipped carefully into the seat and folded up his cane.

Emma, ever faithful, sat down on the floor next to his chair.

With his glasses still sitting on the bridge of his nose, the poet looped the strap of the cane across his wrist again and kept it folded upon his lap. He didn’t have to wait long for the bartender, a plucky young man with dark hair and a mustache to walk up.

“How you doing, sir? Know what you would like?”

Jorge nodded. ”Can you tell me which Moscato or Lambrusco wines you currently have available?”

The bartender offered a few details on both of those wine offerings. When he was finished, Jorge decided on the Ecco Domani Moscato, and two glasses. The bartender was only too happy to help, setting to napkins on the counter before he slipped away to get the wine and glasses. It was apparently with fortuitous timing as Jorge could hear the familiar sound of Minuit’s heels as she had seemingly finished her task and was rejoining him.

He chuckled a bit. It was true, the time for the all important questions were swiftly descending upon them. It was such a simple concept, rolls in a basket, but it certainly could have a number of possibilities for interpretation. It could display greed, charity, taste in bread, too many options to really consider. He wondered if psychologist had to struggle with thesis papers about this subject? Surely someone must have written about it.

”I guess we shall see,” he said with a grin. He gestured to the chair that was next to him. ”I ordered a Moscato the bartender recommended. He assured me that we would both enjoy it.” As if on cue, the man returned, offering both Jorge and Minuit a smile as he set down the glasses and poured their wine for him. Though it was subtle, Jorge could immediately catch the scent of honeysuckle and peaches in the air; but not too strong, just hints of those aromas. He nodded his head, impressed. ”I can certainly understand why he suggested it,” Jorge added.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 03:07 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The room around her was bright from the daylight outside, adorned with cheery green plants and a bar of honey gold wood. Warm colors gave the atmosphere a festive tone that celebrated the grape in all its glory. Minuit was happy to return to Jorge and Emma. The retreating back of the bar attendant told her they had already ordered.. She had high hopes it would be something sweet. ”I ordered a Moscato the bartender recommended. He assured me that we would both enjoy it.” Her eyes warmed as she set her fingertips on the varnished wood in front of her. ”T’at sounds exciting.” Murmured playfully. ”I can’t wait to taste it on my tongue.”

The arrival of glasses and bottle was welcome. Minnie took a moment to observe the crystal before letting anything be poured for her. She took her time enjoy the first taste, shutting her eyes and enjoying it. Most of her ruffled feathers had soothed themselves, but the taste calmed what was left. ”I can certainly understand why he suggested it,” The woman chuckled softly, lifting the glass to look at the clear color. ”Yes, it’s very good. Some people I know believe t’at dryer wines are favored by t’ose who ‘ave ascended into adult’ood and t’at we tend to prefer a bitter taste as we age. i’m not a fan of t’eory. “ It was something Elaine had stressed once when they had met in New York several years ago, right before the lawsuits began. ”Per’aps people feel t’ey are required to. T’ey get an idea of what an adult requires or what beauty requires or what popularity requires and t’ey reach for t’ose goals; a white picket fence wit’ 2.5 kids and a dog.” She wasn’t a big believer in following a checklist on how to live her life.

Estelle?”

Her last name quickly caught her attention. ”T’at would be for us. I doubt t’ere is another Estelle ‘ere. “ Minnie savored another sip of her wine, prepared to sit down and enjoy herself. ”mmm.. I can’t wait to see t’eir menu.” Maybe she’d do pasta. She’d have to look things over first. ”Shall we be off?”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 03:46 PM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge didn’t often go out to drink. If he did, he normally made sure that either it was with someone whom he could trust to take him home or he drank with such moderation that he wouldn’t get buzzed. The man knew to be careful, even though life had essentially made sure he forever was able to call dibs on not being the designated driver. But he did know a little bit about wine. As they both enjoyed the sweeter kind, of course he could go with her recommendation of the Moscato. He informed Minuit of this when she returned to his side and, admittedly, she sounded rather excited.

He smirked a bit as he waited for their drinks to arrive. He honestly couldn’t remember the last time he was out with someone socially. Sometimes Teagan suggested dinner out with his family but except for the occasional special celebration, the poet was good at coming up with reasons as to why it wasn’t a good idea.

But tonight, well, he was happy to be out. This was different, so far. He only hoped he continued to feel that way no matter where the night took them.

Beforelong, the bartender returned with their glasses of freshly poured wine. Even without lifting it, he could smell the fragrance of fruits and sweet herbs. Apparently he had made a right choice. His hand gripped the glass and lifted it carefully to his lips. A small sip and Jorge sighed at the flavor as it coursed down his throat.

The sounds that came from Minuit seemed to agree with the choice.

”It is,” he replied.

As he swirled the contents in his glass, Jorge tilted his sightless gaze towards her so that he could better make out her words. She began to wax poetic, musing about the popular belief amongst wine drinkers that the drier ones were for more adult palates. The older man scoffed, shaking his head at the ridiculous idea. Yes, it was attached to classic images of the standard nuclear family, but that was hardly the situation anymore.

”It’s a good thing that those goals are so different now,” he mused. ”What families are really so cookie cutter anymore?” He took another sip of his wine and sighed. ”Sometimes the classic idealisms just need a little more time to fade away. Though the wine snobs certainly are digging their claws in.” He lifted his glass towards Minuit in order to clink them. ”That’s why we just enjoy what we enjoy and...to hell with everyone else.”

A familiar last name was called out. Jorge turned towards the source of the sound before Minuit spoke up. He nodded, keeping his cane folded as he picked up his glass and held onto Emma’s harness. She was probably right to guess that there wasn’t another Estelle milling about the place. Besides, it seemed like a light night for the restaurant, all the better as he didn’t want to worry about bumping into too many people.

Once upright, the poet waited for Minuit to rejoin him at his side. With a confident not, he agreed. ”We shall,” he said. ”And yes, I’m actually pretty hungry. It’s not helping that it smells amazing in here.” He chuckled.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 11:25 PM
Newcomer
Kat

Walking to her own beat had lead her down many strange paths. Minuit had enjoy most of what she’d learned, pushing past modern ideals with no interest in becoming part of the crowd. Her observations seemed to interest Mister Cervantes. ”Sometimes the classic idealisms just need a little more time to fade away. Though the wine snobs certainly are digging their claws in. That’s why we just enjoy what we enjoy and...to hell with everyone else.” There was a comment on the tip of her tongue, but the sound of her last name brought it to a standstill.

It was time to go.

The dining area was a spacious room serperated into sections and lit with candles. Minnie could see a private dining area through a doorway, probably reserved for parties. To one since was a piano.l For the moment it was empty, but it gave her some hope that she might hear live music tonight. How fortunate. ”It’s quite lovely.” She admitted thougthfully. ”I like the white table clot’es and real candles. I love candles. My bat’room is full of t’em, and when I move into my ’ouse I’ll make sure to bring t’em.” Her private bathroom would be magical.
”Oh..” They had come to a halt.

”We are at our table.” She murmured sweetly, setting her glass on the table. ”Would you pull my chair out for me? I’d appreciate it.” How often did people rely on him? Did they ever? There were questions she didn’t dare ask, but Minnie intended to treat him like a man. No less. He wasn't just his lost sight,and he'd managed to compensate well for that loss. It was truly admirable.

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 11:55 PM
Townie
Thoth

Jorge had been here once before but he couldn’t remember much about how it was described to him. Few people actually took the opportunity to do that, unless they were giving him directions or warning him of hazards that were in his way. For the most part, Jorge was on his own when he went someplace new and had to rely on his imagination and the senses he did still possess. The feel of a fabric cloth or napkin, the scent of food, even the general sounds of the ambiance all painted a world for Jorge to create and experience all his own. It was both comforting...and a little lonely.

But, as always, Minuit managed to impress him yet again. As they strolled through the dining area, led by the hostess, Jorge could hear the soft murmurs of people around them. Minuit’s voice, however, cut through the din as she whispered how lovely she found the place to be. He figured she would just let her comment there but spoke a bit more, describing the white tablecloths and the flickering of real candles. He smiled a little, now filing the void in his mind with the picture of an isolated table, candles, and two seats for the two of them.

”That’s a good idea,” he replied encouragingly. ”No reason to break habit just because you are in a new place.” He snorted. ”Candles, however, aren’t really a necessity in my home. After all, if there is a blackout, I wouldn’t necessarily know.”

Of course there was also their use in mood lighting. But how many opportunities had the professor come across for that?

They came to a stop; they were at their table. Minuit slipped past him and sweetly asked if he would like to pull out her chair. Honestly he didn’t know why that made him smile. Maybe it was because he was used to others doing it for him? Maybe it was just that long since a pretty woman asked him to do it for her. The woman just proved to be more and more interesting the longer he spent with her and that was something he certainly didn’t want to change.

”It would be my pleasure, of course,” he said. He moved, carefully around towards Minuit’s side. He reached down when his wrist tapped gently upon the back of the chair. He pulled it out and dipped his head down. ”Young Miss…” he said, a smile on his lips.

When he felt her move to take the seat, he held the back of it until she sat and carefully nudged it towards the table until she took over. He counted the steps back around until he felt his own chair tap his toes. He pulled it out and carefully sat until he felt the cushion beneath him. Mission accomplished. He heard the sounds of menus being set down in front of him, obvious of little use to him, but he didn’t say anything. He waited until the waiter had vanished before he took a sip of his wine and reached up to adjust his sunglasses.

”How does the menu look, Miss Estelle?” he asked. ”Everything you hoped for and more?”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:53 AM
Newcomer
Kat

She took a seat with pleasure, crossing her long shapely legs leisurely. This was quite nice. The room around them was lovely, the candle light enchanting, and her company interesting. Minnie could not have set it up better. ”How does the menu look, Miss Estelle? Everything you hoped for and more?” Jorge’s warmth made her smile. ”I ‘aven’t looked yet. I was too busy looking at the ‘ansome man in front of me.”

She took her seat with a soft sigh of pleasure., finding it quite comfortable. Minnie’s love for nice things had her savoring everything from the room’s lighting to the fabric of her napkin. IT was nice to feel pampered. She dwelled lightly upon the feeling, smiling to Jorge as he settled across from her. ”How does the menu look, Miss Estelle? Everything you hoped for and more?” The man’s smile was mirrored with one of her own. ”I ‘aven’t looked yet. I was too busy looking at the view.” It was a nice view.

”Hmm..”

Flipping open her menu, she was surprised how simplistic it was. Instead of relying on fancy lettering and flourishes it had an elegant simplicity that was fit the resteraunt’s style. ”Everyt’ing is to my liking.” Well, almost. There was still no music. ”I was t’inking pasta, but t’is dish: VEAL MARSALA : Veal Medallions with a White Wine Lemon Butter Sauce Served with Cappellini with Mizzithra Cheese ” Wine? Lemon? Butter? For some reason the description was full of buzz words she found delicious.

”T’ere is also a dinner for two but.. t’at might be too much food: Toasted Ravioli, Shrimp de Jonghe, Flash Fried Spinach, Caesar Salad, 8 oz. Filet Milano, Potato of the Day, Cannoli or Lemon Ice, Espresso “ The price was also triple what it would be for the veal. That wasn’t including the wine. She didn’t need espresso or lemon ice to enjoy a meal. ”So overwhelming... what are you in the mood for, Mister Poet? Anyt’ing in particular t’at catches your tastes?”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:22 PM
Townie
Thoth

Though Jorge couldn’t see the menu, he could get a sense of what was being prepared from just taking in the ambiance around him. The fragrance of the food all around him hinted at heavy creams, basil, mushrooms and tomato sauces, all entrees and ingredients he was fairly familiar with. But even so, he wanted to know what Minuit thought of the menu. So, after they were settled in their respective seats, the poet took another sip of his wine, enjoying the sweetness before he inquired: did any of it look good?

She stated that she hadn’t peered at the menu yet as she had become distracted by another view. It didn’t immediately occur to the professor that she was referring to him, but rather just assumed that she was taken in by the view of the establishment itself. These fancy-type restaurants always do whatever they can to ensure the customer has a worthwhile experience. Maybe they had a water feature built into the center of the room he couldn’t see, though he figured he at least could hear one.

A small smile appeared across his lips, listening as Minuit did eventually turn her attention to the menu in front of her. Everything look good, apparently, which was both good and bad: good, it meant that the food should be amazing; bad, it also meant they would have a tough time deciding. But she began recite one of the entrees, the veal marsala, describing its components to him. Honestly it did sound amazing so far.

”That does sound amazing,” he said. ”Especially when you say it.” A slight grin followed. She did have an ear-catching accent.

There were more options as well, including a dinner-for-two deal that sounded like it contained quite a bit of good. Though it was a lot, it certainly did sound delectable. Jorge had always been prone to ordering a ceasar salad whenever he went out, mainly because it was simple and hard to screw up. Though, heh, he was surprised by how often that actually happened.

He paused in thought, considering so far what had been offered. In all fairness, the veal marsala really did sound the most appetizing. Minuit expressed that the whole of the options were a little overwhelming and inquired of him what he liked.

”A great many things,” he said with a nod of his head. ”But I agree, the ‘Dinner-for-Two’ does sound a bit much. The veal marsala sounds most appetizing, however. It sounds like the dish for me.”

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 11:40 PM
Newcomer
Kat

The many dishes listed all had their perks, but it was the veal that had caught her eye. Some of the words made little sense to her, but ‘wine, ‘lemon’, and ‘butter’ certainly did. ”That does sound amazing,. Especially when you say it.” The unexpected compliment made her laugh. ”Is t’at so?” Her head tilted, lips curling crookedly into a devilish smile. ”Well.. If you ‘ave any particular words you’d like me to say, let me know Mister Cervantes. W’et’er t’ey needed be said softly or very loud.” The idea of an ‘inside voice’ amused her. Language was far more versatile than that.

Besides the singular dish she was looking at, a dinner for two had caught her eye. Most of what was listed interested her, but to have so much... no. She didn’t think she could do that. [i]”A great many things, But I agree, the ‘Dinner-for-Two’ does sound a bit much. The veal marsala sounds most appetizing, however. It sounds like the dish for me.”[‘i] Her eyes scanned the menu again. ”Are you sure? I can tell you ot’er dishes if you like. T’ere are plenty of sauces, pasta, meats... “ She could have read him the menu if he pleased, but she wouldn’t push any more. ”Well... it looks like our food comes wit’ a side and a salad. I’m t’inking of trying the ‘ouse salad dressing and hmm... a side pasta? Alfredo per’aps? Would you like me to read off the sides?” This was a learning experience, one she intended to take in and come to understand. ”I t’ink I may refresh my wine. Would you like me to do the same for you?”

--------------------
PM
^
Jorge Cervantes
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:15 AM
Townie
Thoth

So the comment was probably a bit more cheeky than he was used to, but he just couldn’t help it. Something about the young woman sitting across from him just seemed to spur him on to act a bit more boldly. It was probably because she was always the one with the flattering compliments and, for once, he wanted to beat her to the punch. The truth was that she really did have an amazingly beautiful voice. The accent alone made her worth listening to. Of course Minuit couldn’t let the poet have his tiny victory.

While he had caused her to stop and give a smile that even he could tell was there, she didn’t let him stay victorious for long. Before he knew it, she turned on her more sultry tones as she offered him the chance to listen to her say whatever it was he wanted her to say, should the request come to mind. The man grinned wider, shaking his head softly at the young woman’s continued boldness. Really he didn’t know what to do about it anymore except just ride the wave; at least until she realized that there were far better ways for her to waste her time.

But enough of such thoughts! Food needed to be had! But what kind of food? Jorge was sure that they had the standard, Italian fare, but the veal marsala really sounded like the best possible option of everything she was saying. Again, he would have paid money to listen to just read the entire menu but he was fairly certain his meal choice would continue to be the veal.

”I’m sure,” he said with a smile. But it seemed that their meal would come with more than just the entree; there were salads and sides that were available to him. He hrm’d to himself, stroking his chin in thought. Minuit offered to read him the list of sides that were available but as for the salad he already had a choice in mind. ”If they have a Ceasar side salad, then I shall have that. But yes,” he said with a nod. ”I wouldn’t mind knowing what sides are available.”

Another sip of his wine and Jorge continued to swirl the contents slowly. He was savoring it. He had the ability to nurse one drink an entire night since he normally didn’t care to get plastered. But Minuit wondered if he needed a refill before she read the list. He shook his head.

”Oh thank you, but I’m good for now,” he said. ”This wine is extremely tasty but I’ll take my time with it for now.” He then gestured towards her. ”But please, refresh yours. Maybe once we start on the rolls are here,” he grinned.

--------------------
PM
^
Minuit Estelle
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:44 AM
Newcomer
Kat

For such a fancy place, she was surprised at the short list of sides available. ”Potato of the day, White Wine Sauce, over Risotto, or Cappellini with Mizzithra Cheese. I suppose t’at it makes sense t’ey would love their pasta.” no veggitable dishes? She supposed potatoes counted, but it still surprised her. Getting up, Minnie went about refreshing her drink while offering the same. ”Oh thank you, but I’m good for now. This wine is extremely tasty but I’ll take my time with it for now. But please, refresh yours. Maybe once we start on the rolls are here,” Rolls were the last thing she was thinking of now.

Retaking her seat, she folded her hands on the table cloth. ”By any chance ‘ave you ever been to the Charity Ball? It just occurred to me t’at the meal for two was similar. It’s a six course meal! Delicious, but terribly filling. ” Her gaze looked over the table thoughtfully. ”I wonder what the meals at the-mmm- what is the name of t’at mansion? The one t’at ‘olds the ‘Alloween party every year. I can’t remember. I t’ink t’ey ‘ave a brunch or somet’ing on sundays. “ Food was beginning to grow increasingly interesting in her mind. She must have been hungry.

Ah! The rolls!

Not rolls... ”Oh.. fresh sliced bread.” There were a few different kinds. A woman moved to her plate, displaying a bottle. ”Would you like some italian butter for your bread?” Italian butter? ”Yes. I would love some. T’ank you.” Olive oil was poured into a small plate, topped with parmisian cheese and fresh pepper. It immediately caught her interest. ”I swear I’ve seen t’is before. T’ank you. I’m sure I will enjoy it.” Glancing at Jorge across the table, she quickly elaborated. ”It’s olive oil, parmisian, and fresh pepper. You dip the bread in it.. I t’ink.” She did so quickly, slipping the food between her teeth with a pleasant sigh. ”And it’s good.. No rolls for us today, Mister Cervantes.” An amusing surprise.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll